User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Registration Limit Lowered for Avatars to 6months?
Yay 38 36.89%
Nay 65 63.11%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 7 Jul 2004, 17:14   #51
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Re: Should the Avatars be reduced in time?

I don't think DM is using his Dace avvie
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2004, 23:27   #52
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The way I see it, let it as it is (1 year) and/or have posts more than 500.

Sounds fair to me.

If someone mentioned something similar, sorry. Couldn't be bothered to read everything.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 00:06   #53
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Should the Avatars be reduced in time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nondescript Human
Increase the limit to three and a half years.
Seconded for the sake of old-school-ness \o/
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 00:08   #54
JetLinus

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
a peach avatar if you want it...
I actually read the book with that picture as front cover. Am I special?`

Oh, and I wouldn't like that 1000 posts thingy, as it boosts spamming once more!!!
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 00:10   #55
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
as it boosts spamming once more!!!
Says you who posted twice in a row not editing orignal
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 00:20   #56
JetLinus

Heyyyyyy, I'm afraid I'm going to loose my avatar now, so I gotta do some work...
524 to go ;-)
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 00:30   #57
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it's interesting that the majority of the posts support reducing the time, but most of the votes are against it.

I've given some thought to why that might be, and it seems Dace had it right when he said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
There are alot of bitter lonely people here.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 00:45   #58
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
there are ppl with like 50 posts in three year old accounts when I've got two bastard thousand

Current post count is not your total post count. Posts in deleted threads don't count to your post count, AFAIK. I once had over 2k posts too...

Maybe you could do something like 150 posts per month, or automatically qualify at 1 year? But if the postcount qualifier doesn't work, you wouldn't be able to do this I s'pose
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 00:47   #59
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
it's interesting that the majority of the posts support reducing the time, but most of the votes are against it.

At the risk of a qwide sweeping generalisation, anyone older than a year will vote no, and anyone newer than that will vote yes...
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 00:48   #60
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith[x]
At the risk of a qwide sweeping generalisation, anyone older than a year will vote no, and anyone newer than that will vote yes...
I voted yes.

So you are generalising!

ha!
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 02:34   #61
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I voted "yes" too *shrug*
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 02:35   #62
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
it seems Dace had it right

ALWAYS!*

*:)
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 10:22   #63
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith[x]
Worst generalisation ever.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 11:39   #64
Zaphod I
criminally insane

Zaphod I is an unknown quantity at this point

I vote yes, 6 or even 3 months. And I'm wondering also the big amount of posts required: if a person (read: me) speaks rarely, but always has a point (yeah, right), should that person be punished while those who yabber all kind of nonsense get rewarded. This almost invites people to post " , , lol ..." -comments to every post of every thread if they really want an avatar.

Of course these characters might get kikced out pretty fast just for doing that, but still...

-Zaps
Zaphod I is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 11:44   #65
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If I was an admin and they started to do that, I'd give them a high negative post count.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 11:59   #66
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod I
I vote yes, 6 or even 3 months. And I'm wondering also the big amount of posts required: if a person (read: me) speaks rarely, but always has a point (yeah, right), should that person be punished while those who yabber all kind of nonsense get rewarded.
I prefer people who yabber to be honest.

edit : Besides, it's misleading to presume the people who post often have lower quality posts (on average). Most of the people in the top 15/20 posters always make relatively decent efforts.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 12:01   #67
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I vote yes, 6 or even 3 months. And I'm wondering also the big amount of posts required: if a person (read: me) speaks rarely, but always has a point (yeah, right), should that person be punished while those who yabber all kind of nonsense get rewarded. This almost invites people to post " , , lol ..." -comments to every post of every thread if they really want an avatar.

Of course these characters might get kikced out pretty fast just for doing that, but still...

-Zaps
Why do you want an avatar if you don't post?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 12:09   #68
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

edit : Besides, it's misleading to presume the people who post often have lower quality posts (on average). Most of the people in the top 15/20 posters always make relatively decent efforts.
HAHAHAHAHA
oh you were being serious!

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 12:29   #69
Zaphod I
criminally insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Why do you want an avatar if you don't post?
Well, Im' quite new in PA and, well, not actually very familiar with discussion forums in general - yet. I guess I'm right now browsing through different threads and trying to find the interesting ones. Of course it's kinda hard to participate in conversations, where every second word is 1337 (?!?) or the talk is about tr0lling in a heated alliance-talk between "friends" that go way back, or some such... so my posts are few for the time being.

In that sense I do admit that many other deserve their avatars better than I, as they have contributed much more. But I still want one, as most would. I guess I don't have to delve into the question why people want to use avatars in general?

-Zaps
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 12:31   #70
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Woah dont go near AD :eek:.

Stay on the cool board were you get ripped to pieces if you type words with numbers in .
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 12:39   #71
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Stay on the cool board were you get ripped to pieces if you type words with numbers in .
Stop with the organic chemsitry hatin, mr playa jc.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 12:41   #72
Zaphod I
criminally insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

True. I'm talking about the two extremes: the almost-silent that usually have a good reason to post (not necessary me) and the idiot loudmouths. An of course this place is for conversation, so at least some activity is in order

All I have said so far isn't based on anything else than some pondering in my part - I can't point a finger to any talkative nuisance or rarely speaking oracle to make my case.

Maybe I'm just whining for my cause... avatarrr... precious avatarrrr.... :gollum:
-Zaps
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 12:42   #73
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Organic chemistry is pretty shit. My first year lecturer was the stupidest bloke ever and his lectures were at 6 on a Monday, it was not good . Thankfully i didnt have to do any after first year.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 12:46   #74
Ste
Bored

Quote:
-Zaps
Ahhhhh I assumed you were a completely different Zaphod... HC of Legion back in the day iirc...

wow, remembering back to round 4... the only complete round I ever played!

Unread 8 Jul 2004, 12:51   #75
Zaphod I
criminally insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Ahhhhh I assumed you were a completely different Zaphod... HC of Legion back in the day iirc...

wow, remembering back to round 4... the only complete round I ever played!
Heh, I was wondering why I got the name so easy... that "I" must have helped.

-Zaps
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 13:49   #76
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

MrL makes decent quality posts? :eek:
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 13:52   #77
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
MrL makes decent quality posts? :eek:
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 16:05   #78
Dace
so f*cking zen

ITT "Zaps" is a trolling 'mo.
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 18:15   #79
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
There are alot of bitter lonely people here.
Also ones with not much to fill their (our) time.

I voted yes, purely for selfish reasons.

If, I can have my July - August 2000 account back, I'd obviously vote nay, to follow other's wishes to remain 'elite' with a supreme object that is, the avatar. Not to mention, it'd make me cool!

In an internet forum, mainly based on a web browser, text-based game.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 19:21   #80
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

its a ****ing miracle that I cant get a avatar. so do decrease the limit
Unread 8 Jul 2004, 23:59   #81
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

I think that people who got banned or lost their accounts or some shit like that should be granted avatar. It isnt fair that I dont have one.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 00:05   #82
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

How about the fact it will surely defeat new registered users from signing up?

This whole preservation and elevation of the 'old guard' does not possibly lend to the long-term survival.

I suggest avatars for all and some decent administration of people who use em.

Or is this about hte most laziest option that upsets the fewest?

am i rite?
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 00:07   #83
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Or is this about hte most laziest option that upsets the fewest?

am i rite?
Actually the laziest option was not giving anyone an avatar. I supported that one.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 00:16   #84
Sunday8pm
Banned

Nah Laziest wasn't not giving them one considering they were getting enough harrassment about it.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 00:21   #85
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That rests on the wild assumption that anyone in charge listens to anyone who isn't.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 00:22   #86
Sunday8pm
Banned

Oh I know they don't, but it's more about keeping them sheep innit?

The minute users disagree with their needs and wants with other users the flock seperates.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 00:25   #87
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Oh I know they don't, but it's more about keeping them sheep innit?
Find out on saturday in the next edition of "it's an invalidly formulated question"!

Quote:
The minute users disagree with their needs and wants with other users the flock seperates.
What? This doesn't even make grammatical sense.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 00:29   #88
Sunday8pm
Banned

Pedantic grammar police alert.

Ok, The moderators and Admins will ignore the requests of the users (the flock of sheep) however if the sheep start to differentiate in their opinions and views too much from where the shepards are leading them (to keep the moderators and admins sustained in their position), the threat of sheep breaking off, stopping, not coagulating in a flock diminshes the amount of sheep that need watched and hence less shepards as you could call em, bigger flock more shepards.

Gettit?
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 00:36   #89
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Pedantic grammar police alert.

Ok, The moderators and Admins will ignore the requests of the users (the flock of sheep) however if the sheep start to differentiate in their opinions and views too much from where the shepards are leading them (to keep the moderators and admins sustained in their position), the threat of sheep breaking off, stopping, not coagulating in a flock diminshes the amount of sheep that need watched and hence less shepards as you could call em, bigger flock more shepards.

Gettit?
No. If the sheep start separating you need more shepherds not yet. Didn't you herd sheep up in the scottish highlands or something? If so you must have been pretty damn shit at it.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 00:37   #90
Sunday8pm
Banned

Well no, if the sheep start spreading out then you need more administrators of the new flocks and it's not likely to be you?

I mean let's face it the head shepard appoints other shepards to guard his flock, if his flock degrades in number then he needs less shepards, to assume you can shepard the flock that has been lost is just that, assuming.

The sheep could already have a new head shepard that isn't you and hence no power.

p.s. Didn't you know they moved all the sheep out of scotland and replaced them with trees and tourist information signs in the massive and horrific highland clearances of the 1990's.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 00:42   #91
JonnyBGood
Banned

I don't think the sheep analogy was a very good one sunday. As far as I'm aware if they're your sheep they're steal your sheep no matter how far they go and your responsibility.

Sorry to diminish the impact of your rhetoric
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 00:48   #92
Sunday8pm
Banned

Perhaps not the best analogy but you understnad what I mean, you need the demand to create the moderators, you lose the demand you lose moderators, settling things is the best way around this.

You are merely settling the users rather than listening to their needs.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 00:52   #93
JonnyBGood
Banned

This has become nonsensical to the point where even I'm going to object. This is just a string of disconnected statements.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 01:18   #94
Sunday8pm
Banned

Conversational Chaff is you.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 01:26   #95
JonnyBGood
Banned

I dare anyone to attempt to follow your reasoning in the previous dozen or so posts. Double dare.

It's like there's some conspiracy I'm involved in I don't know about but sunday does
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 01:53   #96
Sunday8pm
Banned

I'm not ignoring the hidden code in your signature either jonny.

I'M ONTO YOU.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 06:06   #97
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
I think that people who got banned or lost their accounts or some shit like that should be granted avatar. It isnt fair that I dont have one.
Surely being banned should be some form of punishment?
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 06:34   #98
Sunday8pm
Banned

Depends, we've had various moderators and administrators in the past, some were absurdly elitist and harsh, many were wronged.

Tbh, I generally disprove of the whole dated e-penis system, it's as neccessary as post-counts, avatars should just be moderated and everyone should have them.

That'd be too much work though.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 07:05   #99
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Depends, we've had various moderators and administrators in the past, some were absurdly elitist and harsh, many were wronged.
Agreed.And if someone was banned unjustly I'd support giving them an avatar. Same with people whose accounts were lost for other reasons.

But if someone has been banned justifiably then I'd certainly say it makes sense not to give them the same "privilidges" as other users. That way there's at least some incentive to not be banned.
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 14:30   #100
Inferno
The Arson Specialist

Inferno is a jewel in the roughInferno is a jewel in the roughInferno is a jewel in the rough

For 1-X's sake.....yay.

Or just give him a special grant for an avatar or some sort.
Please dont laugh at me. I'm not trying to be funny.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote