User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Aug 2005, 05:45   #1
bintara

bintara will become famous soon enoughbintara will become famous soon enough
Stupid Exception

Fleet 1: You cannot cooperate with other planets in your exception (limit reached). Orders cancelled. [7]

Fleet 1: New mission ordered.
Fleet 3: You cannot cooperate with other planets in your exception (limit reached). Orders cancelled. [7]

duhh .. wtf this mean . i cant even def my own galmates .... pa team said it was a bug but they fixed it .. really ???

i send 2 def ingal .. 1 recall and i resend def to others .. but they limited me ?? why ??

[12:48] <B|nTaRa> fixed it
[12:48] <B|nTaRa> or delete it
[12:48] <Phil^> im not pateam, so cant do either
[12:48] <Phil^> and if this was the previous round i remind you, without this system you'd have been running a fine line for being closed interaction back then was strictly forbidden
[12:49] <B|nTaRa> what interaction ?
[12:49] <B|nTaRa> my exception mate is in another gal
[12:49] <Phil^> defending ingal with planets in same gal
[12:49] <B|nTaRa> im sending def to my galmates
[12:49] <Phil^> aah its a differnet gal hes in
[12:49] <B|nTaRa> while im in malaysia
[12:49] <Phil^> hm then that is a bug
[12:49] <Phil^> ( you should be more clear in that post btw )
[12:49] <B|nTaRa> my galmates in italy and norway

[12:51] <B|nTaRa>
[12:52] <Phil^> your friend with who you have an exception, he isnt defending or attacking the gal mate in question is he?
[12:53] <B|nTaRa> nope
[12:53] <B|nTaRa> he`s offline atm

[12:54] <Anarchy> wtf are 'exceptions'?
[12:54] <Anarchy> and from looking at that thread, the word was used completely wrong
[12:55] <Phil^> they're hard-coded limits built into the game which define what people on the same ip can and cannot do
[12:55] <Phil^> people on the same ip without one get closed quite quickly
[12:56] <Phil^> they work between the planets who sign up for one, and each has a special id to identify it
[12:56] <Phil^> how on earth the thing isnt working right - i have no idea. it should be very simple. if planet exception ids match and limits are reached - reject order
[12:56] <Phil^> else accept
[12:56] <Phil^> since he isnt interacting with the other planet on the exception it shouldnt be triggering
[12:57] <B|nTaRa> yup
[12:57] <Phil^> unless his friend has a prelaunched fleet going there, thats the only thing i can think of
[12:57] <B|nTaRa> thats the main problem ph8
[12:57] <Anarchy> ah ok then
[12:57] <B|nTaRa> nope
[12:57] <Phil^> other then that - theres no reason for it
[12:57] <B|nTaRa> i can guarantee my mate not even prelaunch

now PA team .. expain to me why i cant def my own galmates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ex Insomnia
Ex ToF
Ex Subh
VGN

Last edited by bintara; 9 Aug 2005 at 06:01.
bintara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 07:59   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Stupid Exception

pm me your coords or email them to me and i'll take a look - my guess would be the same as phil's though, but i can look up which limit it is thats triggering etc and what events have been logged of that type so far etc.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 08:09   #3
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Exceptions are useless. I know of a person who has two accs(yes im sure) but when reporting, I just got told the two accounts has an exception...

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 08:34   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

So what? The exception system is very harsh so he's not benefitting much from having two accounts anyway.

The only real benefit I can think of is to have one as a dedicated scan planet and the other as your real account. If you're willing to pay a credit for that privilege then be my guest
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 08:41   #5
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Put that in the rules, and I probably really WOULD pay double to have a dedicated scan planet.
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 08:46   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Go for it, I don't see anything in the rules stopping you.
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 09:28   #7
bintara

its a bug .. and lotsa ppl complaining .. i did complain befoe .. pa team said .. the has been fixed .. but this problem still happen .. im tired of it .. bcoz of this bug and stupid exception .. i cant def my galmates
Ex Insomnia
Ex ToF
Ex Subh
VGN
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 13:03   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

did u by any chance allready have a fleet of your own defending in gal when u attempted to send the new fleet that was denied?

or were u doing multiple launch recalls in gal?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 9 Aug 2005, 22:19   #9
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Why oh why do people moan in one place, and if they don't get an immediate satisfactory solution moan here? Seriously Bintara, At least give them a chance to deal with it before you moan here, at least go to someone in an official capacity. Spare us the whinging and visit #support.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 04:54   #10
bintara

Bashar .. i already done that mate .. yes i send 2 def fleets .. 1 recall and i resend back to other galmates.. but this bug stopping me becoz im interacting with my exceptions mate ..
Ex Insomnia
Ex ToF
Ex Subh
VGN
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 07:07   #11
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by bintara
Bashar .. i already done that mate .. yes i send 2 def fleets .. 1 recall and i resend back to other galmates.. but this bug stopping me becoz im interacting with my exceptions mate ..
Sorry. did I miss something here? didn't he just answer his own complaint? O_o

interacting with his exceptions mate etc? /me goes to re-read this lot
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 07:25   #12
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
?!?!??

Uh oh..

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 09:37   #13
Kal
Inactive peon

I think i have worked out the problem:

when you give a launch order, it looks up the user ids in your excpetion and checks to see if there are any fleets from them involved etc. I expect its not ignoring the persons own userid. i'll go have a look at the code and get this added to the todo list.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 10 Aug 2005, 10:59   #14
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

So basically, he's interacting with himself?

Sounds a bit dirty
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 11:06   #15
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
i'll go have a look at the code and get this added to the todo list.
Kal, can this please be fast-tracked? I have already lost someone else to exception system bugs. People are being punished for their honesty, and it's getting to me. Bintara isn't the only one.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 12:43   #16
Kal
Inactive peon

hmm i just tried to verify this (i'm in an exception) and it lets me interact with myself fine, clearly something else is the problem

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 10 Aug 2005, 20:26   #17
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Exceptions are useless. I know of a person who has two accs(yes im sure) but when reporting, I just got told the two accounts has an exception...

Well when I get my student loan.............
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 07:42   #18
bintara

eception bug has been fixed .. thanks to the Multihunter and otehr PA team .. grats
Ex Insomnia
Ex ToF
Ex Subh
VGN
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 12:30   #19
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
eception bug has been fixed .. thanks to the Multihunter and otehr PA team .. grats
... i hope that doesnt mean the players had to live 14 days with that confirmed bug ...
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote