User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jan 2006, 15:38   #201
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: 1UP winners of the free round (round 16) a given fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj
This because he's active, you can rely on him 24/7 round after round and that alone motives other DC's to do a good job aswell.
?!
if anything, this would motivate other DC's to be a bit lazier thinking 'ah it's ok, he'll sort it out'

note this post has nothing to do with any person in particular but with human nature.

in addition to that, kj once again you are oblivious to the main point of many posters in this thread.
PLEASE STOP BEING A HYPOCRIT. and you know that i mean this in it's barest form since i have absolutely nothing against you (other than your tendency to be an irritating hypocrit etc)
in all honesty though, i doubt many give a flying **** who you or anyone else (inc. me) think is the best DC because everyone realises that this is the simple truth.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 15:56   #202
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
I'm not saying Irvine favours his friends, but thinking that your defbot solves the issue is quite naive. All it takes is a pm from the friend or that the DC knows his coords when offline etc. In other words, favouring friends is plain simple. (btw Irvine didn't have arby access?)
I said most ... Since Irvine's status is HC, obviously that means he got arbiter access ...

And I'm sure, like I DID mention, it is possible he favours friends because that option is available for each DC. But well, what can i say really. If you wish to believe differently then be my guest but I sit in a channel with him every day and I know him fairly better then most.

I don't think he favours friends more then any other DC ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 16:09   #203
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
?!
if anything, this would motivate other DC's to be a bit lazier thinking 'ah it's ok, he'll sort it out'

note this post has nothing to do with any person in particular but with human nature.

in addition to that, kj once again you are oblivious to the main point of many posters in this thread.
PLEASE STOP BEING A HYPOCRIT. and you know that i mean this in it's barest form since i have absolutely nothing against you (other than your tendency to be an irritating hypocrit etc)
in all honesty though, i doubt many give a flying **** who you or anyone else (inc. me) think is the best DC because everyone realises that this is the simple truth.
First you include yourself in the list of pple better then Irvine ... and then you say that the only truth is the post Kargool made, which basicly says it's pointless to claim who's better then who ...

What is is jerome? Double standards as usual ... ? When I see a post of you then there are 2 main things that come to mind. This is one of them, the other I'm not allowed to say or Lokken will spank me again.

And obviously you give a flying **** or you wouldn't have bothered to reply. Obviously you'll deny it, which only proves I'm right.

And plz point out where I am a hypocrit. I told Heartless to get a clue because he commented on the situation in Angels command (too much internal troubles). When it comes to internal householding, I'm confident I know more about Angels then Heartless does.
When I claimed Irvine is the best DC around, I based it on the experience I had with every DC I've played with or have seen in action. That's my opinion. the words "I THINK" clearly state that it's something I believe to be true. At no point did I say that for the entire community, Irvine is the best DC.

If you can correct me with facts that there are better ones, then feel free to correct me. As I did with Heartless/Others when they claimed certain things about Angels.
I don't see how that makes me a hypocrit ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Jan 2006, 16:19   #204
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

This whole discussion is very pointless - of course is Irvine a good DC - the best DC of Angels as you say. The real problem to compare DCs of different alliances is that they all have to deal with a different set of substructures that they have to work with ( memberbase / help from other DCs / amount of incomings / tools / etc .. ) which are all not to rate objectively or at least not easily.

All you can really say Kj is that Irvine is the best DC of angels - because as you say you have the knowledge about Angels but not about the other alliances. I am sure other alliances have very good DCs as well - so at the end we get a group of probably similar skilled DCs from different alliances which each alliances rated as their best guy. What tells us this about Irvine being the best ? ( even if you didnt say that )

nothing

so if you think that he is the best - let others think that Sid, jester or even jerome be the best DC out there ...

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 16:21   #205
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Irvine's not playing r16 ... Irvine is an HC and the best DC in this game...
Quote:
When I claimed Irvine is the best DC around, I based it on the experience I had with every DC I've played with or have seen in action. That's my opinion. the words "I THINK" clearly state that it's something I believe to be true. At no point did I say that for the entire community, Irvine is the best DC.
I don't see the words 'I think' in there.
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 16:32   #206
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
This whole discussion is very pointless - of course is Irvine a good DC - the best DC of Angels as you say. The real problem to compare DCs of different alliances is that they all have to deal with a different set of substructures that they have to work with ( memberbase / help from other DCs / amount of incomings / tools / etc .. ) which are all not to rate objectively or at least not easily.

All you can really say Kj is that Irvine is the best DC of angels - because as you say you have the knowledge about Angels but not about the other alliances. I am sure other alliances have very good DCs as well - so at the end we get a group of probably similar skilled DCs from different alliances which each alliances rated as their best guy. What tells us this about Irvine being the best ? ( even if you didnt say that )

nothing

so if you think that he is the best - let others think that Sid, jester or even jerome be the best DC out there ...
And I have absolutely no problem in accepting that others have a different opinion. I'm not flaming them, I'm not calling them a retard or a hypocrite. Yet that's what I'm being called for claiming to think Irvine is the best DC I've personally seen in PA.

I feel like I now have to justify the fact that I have an opinion ... how sad is that?

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Jan 2006, 16:34   #207
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

You have every right to your own opinion, just don't contradict yourself when you express it.
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 16:36   #208
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
I dc'd alot in RD 12. My last round really dc'ing. I can't recall this night you speak of. And guess what, that doesn't make me a bad guy. I'm still ace.
It was after you'd quit BCing (which was pretty early as I recall).
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 16:42   #209
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
You have every right to your own opinion, just don't contradict yourself when you express it.
My bad if it appears I forgot to state "I think" ... But reading my posts it's not hard to see what I meant. Read post #147 where I clearly used capital letters to highlight certain words (like 'I think'). If you read that post, you wouldn't have made these ones as you'd know what I meant.

It's quite sad that pple are literally analysing every post to jump on the smallest thing they can jump on. If I claim Irvine is the best DC, then obviously every person can figure out that I think he is the best DC.

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Jan 2006, 16:53   #210
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's a big difference between making a blanket statement as you did (which is to be argued against) and offering an opinion (to which alternative opinions are offered). Your posts have attempted to be far more wide-ranging on this issue than you seem to think, and that's rather unfortunate, wouldn't you say?
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 16:58   #211
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
There's a big difference between making a blanket statement as you did (which is to be argued against) and offering an opinion (to which alternative opinions are offered). Your posts have attempted to be far more wide-ranging on this issue than you seem to think, and that's rather unfortunate, wouldn't you say?
Whatever then ... really ... I cba with this nonsence. Always the same pple who go for the person rather then 'trying" to understand the content. You all seem to know better all the time ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 16 Jan 2006, 17:18   #212
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Whatever then ... really ... I cba with this nonsence. Always the same pple who go for the person rather then 'trying" to understand the content. You all seem to know better all the time ...
stop
posting..
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 17:23   #213
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I said most ... Since Irvine's status is HC, obviously that means he got arbiter access ...

And I'm sure, like I DID mention, it is possible he favours friends because that option is available for each DC. But well, what can i say really. If you wish to believe differently then be my guest but I sit in a channel with him every day and I know him fairly better then most.

I don't think he favours friends more then any other DC ...
I said I did not accuse Irvine of favouring friends mister. I just stated that your post was either naive or just plain shortsighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
stop
posting..
sums it up I guess... why does everyone here seems to be getting the point and you (Kj) keep telling everyone they are missing it.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 17:49   #214
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
thank **** for that. lets change the record KJ cuz the last 3 pages of your posts has been about how irvine is the best dc in the game. if you like him so much why dont u goto his house and suck his cock ffs

lets just change the subject and drop all this DC Bullshit

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 18:59   #215
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
First you include yourself in the list of pple better then Irvine ... and then you say that the only truth is the post Kargool made, which basicly says it's pointless to claim who's better then who ...
here's an earlier post of mine quite back into the thread explaining my view.
my own list was a direct reply in relation to irvine, not wide generalisations such as yours where you don't have a wide general knowledge of other dc's but i do have enough knowledge of irvine and the people i listed to say if they're the same category or such. (poor irvine - he's not said a word or done anything wrong per se, and look at all this attention he's getting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj
What is is jerome? Double standards as usual ... ? When I see a post of you then there are 2 main things that come to mind. This is one of them, the other I'm not allowed to say or Lokken will spank me again.
see, this is where you piss me off because you try to appear to have some sort of ground over me but "HOLD YOURSELF BACK". please don't do that .
oh & please point out any real examples of double standards i've shown - and i'll gladly explain or accept my fault there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj
And obviously you give a flying **** or you wouldn't have bothered to reply. Obviously you'll deny it, which only proves I'm right.
as once again i've stated earlier, i don't care about the debate at hand, just about you realising your hypocrisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj
And plz point out where I am a hypocrit.
i can't be bothered to quote another earlier post of mine but i've shown this already as well.

edit: don't take it personally kjie, i only picked up on this PURELY because you went out of your way on heartless. you almost make it seem like people hound you, i've posted similar points regarding others before.

Last edited by jerome; 16 Jan 2006 at 19:11.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 19:59   #216
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

i just noticed you called yourself jerome on the forums, just doesnt have the same ring to it
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 21:54   #217
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Best DC's in PA = Marlos, Sandvold, Arfy, Truler, Jinstarro, Mek and Proximus.

FACT.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 21:56   #218
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
best DC ive ever worked with is Ziw (yes he still plays) he works ungodly hours as a DC and earns my respect everytime

Cowmando, Hebla, Murador were also good dedicated DC's who put in more than their fair share of hours

even Jonas can DC when he puts his mind to it, ive done many 9/10 hour DC shifts with him after returning from a friday night out. See, hes not a total lost cause :P
This will only serve to get me more invites Mek :|
I'we stoped DCing now No point to DC when either Insomnia or Exilition is playing after my oppinion, a truly waste of time for some ungreatfull whiner-kids...
Tho, best DC's, are CLEARLY Mek, and/or Nitina of the still semi-playing onces..
Go bugg some1 else to DC for YOUR ally k, thnx
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 22:00   #219
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

The best DC I have worked with is Atomic Cow from my time at reunion.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2006, 22:08   #220
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

1:1 ftw.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 04:16   #221
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

this thread has turned into, "who is the best DC in PA" and allthough that topic could certainly be worthy of it's own thread, I think this isn't it's true place.

predicting 1up (or any other alliance for that matter) will win a round, prior to signups is rediculous. It's gonna come down to a lot of things none of us know about yet and we certainly cannot foresee the future. There are a lot of good players not on 1up's 50 player roster (as can be said for any alliance) and it's all about how each alliance performs DURING THE ROUND. Let's try not to put the cart in front of the horse please.
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 08:25   #222
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Funny thing is really, that it doesn't actually matter if 1up wins.

I feel sorry for you guys, I honestly do. Though you may or may not care about it, you're in a loose/loose situation when it comes to the rest of the uni.

If you don't win, everybody (esp. eXi) will probably be having a laugh cause you "couldn't even win a round without eXi"
If you win, esp eXi and probably some others will claim the only rounds you can win are the ones without clear and decent competition.

(Note: I do not agree with either of the statements)

Other than debating whether or not 1up will have the highest rankings next round, for atleast a part of the community, they've lost by default. (whereas in truth, they've won by default, for simply staying around so many rounds and still being feared / seen as a top contender almost regardless of the outcome of the previous round).

A bit more on topic, I'm quite out of the loop as to alliance strenghts, especially in this 50-man alliance round. However, when players strength and skill of your core becomes more important, my personal favourite IS 1up, with Angels as a good runner-up.

Hook
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 09:44   #223
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
as once again i've stated earlier, i don't care about the debate at hand, just about you realising your hypocrisy.
It was infact a genuine question m8. Point out where I'm being a hypocrit (if you prefer it in pm that's fine aswell). I don't think I am and I backed that up with what I thought could be the reason why you called me that. If you don't wish to do that, fair enough, but it was a genuine question nonetheless.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 09:51   #224
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook
Funny thing is really, that it doesn't actually matter if 1up wins.

I feel sorry for you guys, I honestly do. Though you may or may not care about it, you're in a loose/loose situation when it comes to the rest of the uni.

If you don't win, everybody (esp. eXi) will probably be having a laugh cause you "couldn't even win a round without eXi"
If you win, esp eXi and probably some others will claim the only rounds you can win are the ones without clear and decent competition.

(Note: I do not agree with either of the statements)

Other than debating whether or not 1up will have the highest rankings next round, for atleast a part of the community, they've lost by default. (whereas in truth, they've won by default, for simply staying around so many rounds and still being feared / seen as a top contender almost regardless of the outcome of the previous round).

A bit more on topic, I'm quite out of the loop as to alliance strenghts, especially in this 50-man alliance round. However, when players strength and skill of your core becomes more important, my personal favourite IS 1up, with Angels as a good runner-up.

Hook
Tbh, there are more of these cliché's of which none us can really change much. Whatever alliance wins ... Exi will probably claim that they won because they didn't play. And that's quite sad because the winner deserves it and those not playing should really shut their mouths and certainly not give smart comments on the winners

Even now we've seen one of their posters saying: "now it's a fight between 1up and Angels to see who's the best alliance after Exi ..." not hard when you skip a round. You're entitled to, but when you do, it's be rather sad to comment the alliances that did play.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 10:57   #225
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
this thread has turned into, "who is the best DC in PA" and allthough that topic could certainly be worthy of it's own thread, I think this isn't it's true place.
Indeed, that discussion doesn't belong here.. Its obvious anyway that I'm the best DC.
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 10:57   #226
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Now there is certainly some hypocrisy Kj. What did Angels do in R14?
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 11:10   #227
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
Best DC's in PA = Marlos, Sandvold, Arfy, Truler, Jinstarro, Mek and Proximus.

FACT.

By the way, lol

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 11:22   #228
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Tbh, there are more of these cliché's of which none us can really change much. Whatever alliance wins ... Exi will probably claim that they won because they didn't play. And that's quite sad because the winner deserves it and those not playing should really shut their mouths and certainly not give smart comments on the winners

Even now we've seen one of their posters saying: "now it's a fight between 1up and Angels to see who's the best alliance after Exi ..." not hard when you skip a round. You're entitled to, but when you do, it's be rather sad to comment the alliances that did play.
Ofc u win by default for having rl.

On the other hand, what if neither will win. That would surely mean u fought for the 3rd spot all along? :/ C'mon now.. u should know better not to generalise 1 person's wievs kj.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 11:33   #229
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Now there is certainly some hypocrisy Kj. What did Angels do in R14?
I don't know, I was an inactive HC who logged in once every 2 weeks ... I didn't even check my planet for 90% of that round nor was I involved in any political, military, internal issues. We merged into LCH for that round and that's basicly all I did that round

Still wub ya Ace

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 11:35   #230
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
Ofc u win by default for having rl.

On the other hand, what if neither will win. That would surely mean u fought for the 3rd spot all along? :/ C'mon now.. u should know better not to generalise 1 person's wievs kj.
I just gave 1 little example. I could give 10 more but I don't see the relevance of it. My point was that there always have been and will be those little cliché's and that some pple will idd think 1up loses by default whatever happens.

I disagree with that opinion btw

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 11:38   #231
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
I don't know, I was an inactive HC who logged in once every 2 weeks ... I didn't even check my planet for 90% of that round nor was I involved in any political, military, internal issues. We merged into LCH for that round and that's basicly all I did that round

Still wub ya Ace
So you are basically slagging off eXilition for doing what you did?

Isn't that hypocrisy?
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 11:47   #232
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Personnel != alliance
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 11:53   #233
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Quote:
I just gave 1 little example. I could give 10 more but I don't see the relevance of it. My point was that there always have been and will be those little cliché's and that some pple will idd think 1up loses by default whatever happens.

I disagree with that opinion btw
So r u in fact talking about 1 person with 10 examples or 10 persons with 1 example? I haven't really seen eXilition claiming to win r16 yet, might ofc mean I haven't followed boards active enough, or perhaps that's just ur own imagination running freely? Feel free to enlighten me plz.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 11:55   #234
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
So you are basically slagging off eXilition for doing what you did?

Isn't that hypocrisy?
Come again? Exilition isn't PLAYING a round ... Angels DID PLAY r14. We announced the merger, we got those Angels that wanted to play to join LCH. Irvine and Superfly and I did initially play (I just turned inactive after 2 weeks) ...

How on earth could you compare the both? Exi announced they won't be playing this round. Exi HC did no effort (not that I know of) to place the exi pple elsewhere. Exi did not merge ...
Angels never in its existance announced they won't be playing. In r14 we merged into LCH. we DID play you know ...

The_Fish, be honnest and fair. You very well know it is entirely different.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 12:05   #235
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
So r u in fact talking about 1 person with 10 examples or 10 persons with 1 example? I haven't really seen eXilition claiming to win r16 yet, might ofc mean I haven't followed boards active enough, or perhaps that's just ur own imagination running freely? Feel free to enlighten me plz.
lol, read what is writen. I said some exi claim that whoever wins r16, they won because EXI DIDN'T play ... meaning some pple claim that IF Exi would have played, then whoever won r16 wouldn't have won if Exi was around ...

Lizard m8, At no point did I claim Exi wins r16. I also used 1 example of 1 person. I posted that as example, knowing very well it's 1 opinion only but that's why it's called 'example'.

Ask any 1up HC how many times they have to hear that Exi is better then them and that they only win when Exi isn't playing. I'm not making this up, I'm sure Mazz is tired of hearing the same crap over and over. Just browse AD and you'll bump on all those threads

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 12:31   #236
lizardking
tappajahai!

Quote:
lol, read what is writen. I said some exi claim that whoever wins r16, they won because EXI DIDN'T play ... meaning some pple claim that IF Exi would have played, then whoever won r16 wouldn't have won if Exi was around ...

Lizard m8, At no point did I claim Exi wins r16. I also used 1 example of 1 person. I posted that as example, knowing very well it's 1 opinion only but that's why it's called 'example'.

Ask any 1up HC how many times they have to hear that Exi is better then them and that they only win when Exi isn't playing. I'm not making this up, I'm sure Mazz is tired of hearing the same crap over and over. Just browse AD and you'll bump on all those threads
I have no doubts about that, but the simple fact is the fact eX won't play, therefore eX cannot win a round. There's hardly an alliance in the game that isn't in 1 way or another forced to bare negative comments, be it truethful, accurate etc or not. Even so u can hardly blame eXilition if 1 of it's member's & part of the community wants to cut a piece of ur achievement under speculation "of what would have happened.."

And lets be honest here, ur initial post insinuated nothing but u pointing a finger at eXilition. If u didn't mean to give out this wiev maybe u should've phrased it in another fashion, or atleast picked another example out of the 10 u did mention (provided they r not all eXil posters?).

Ðragons

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 12:35   #237
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Come again? Exilition isn't PLAYING a round ... Angels DID PLAY r14. We announced the merger, we got those Angels that wanted to play to join LCH. Irvine and Superfly and I did initially play (I just turned inactive after 2 weeks) ...

How on earth could you compare the both? Exi announced they won't be playing this round. Exi HC did no effort (not that I know of) to place the exi pple elsewhere. Exi did not merge ...
Angels never in its existance announced they won't be playing. In r14 we merged into LCH. we DID play you know ...

The_Fish, be honnest and fair. You very well know it is entirely different.
truth is, personally, I don't lend any weight to the Exi is better BS, until they actually stand up and defend their win, it's really unimportant what they believe, until they stand up and play a round after winning one, they can say "well so and so wouldn't have won if we played" all they want, and it doesn't matter, because they didn't defend, they sat back, and unlike most other alliances, certainly one's who have won previous rounds, they hauled ass, so they wouldn't have to fade the heat. Until they do otherwise, that's the tag they have to wear. They certainly enjoy riding the "we won every round we played" train.... as long as it works for them, oh well......but until they sit in the fight round after round, taking on all the opposition that just want to rip the winners of the previous round.... taking on the constant pressure that goes with defending a title..... then they've done nothing but bring a well rested crew into a game and take on opponents that fight every round. eXi has a good military, I have never disputed that, I want to see how they perform under the same pressure 1up does, every round. I want to see them stand up and have the stones to take on the universe as defending champs.

John Wooden won an incredible amount of NCAA Men's Basketball national Championships for UCLA... one of my favorite quotes from him is "Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." In my opinion, to this point, eXi has shown no character. That is ofcourse my personal opinion, and certainly all of you are entitled to your opinios.

As 1up command, I feel like we as a group know what our members are capable of, and we know what kind of quality player we have. They are strong enough as a team to stay in the fight, regardless what the odds are, round after round, and fight till the end. That's sayin something. It shows character, and it gives me personally, ands us as a command a reason to feel good about the team we fight with. We can count on these people, no matter what we're up against.

Where this particular thread is concerned, I'm not going to blow sunshine up anyone's ass and say 1up doesn't have a good chance of winning, we always do, or what would be the point from our standpoint...but there are a lot of factors that will play in as I stated above, and a lot of things can happen. so let's see how it plays out.
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 12:49   #238
lizardking
tappajahai!

Haven't we had enough of these "Who is better etc" threads already? Sounds really as u r trying to remind urself why u think u r teh most fearsom punch out there, which by all means is fine. Every1 is entitled for a view. There's just a lil need to bring it up everytime, especially when no1 is actually even debating over it.

Ðragons

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 12:52   #239
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Haven't we had enough of these "Who is better etc" threads already? Sounds really as u r trying to remind urself why u think u r teh most fearsom punch out there, which by all means is fine. Every1 is entitled for a view. There's just a lil need to bring it up everytime, especially when no1 is actually even debating over it.

my post was in response to the point I believe Kj was making......want to clear up though, by no means do I believe that eXi is a bad group of players, they play well in game, and provided they are on the up and up as they say they are, no one can argue that fact. By no means is it my intention to get into a pissing contest, just merely pointing out how I believe 1up feels in response to Kj's thoughts.

My personal views of eXi's character is what it is, whether you (you meaning the Pa player in general) agree or not, that is certainly your right. I will always say what I think, and there it is. This particular comparison has been made in this thread and discussed in some detail. Let me also point out that an 8 week round is NOT a "half" round

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 17 Jan 2006 at 12:56. Reason: spelling
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 12:58   #240
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

if exilition do not play rd 16 u cannot take away the victory from 1up or whoever wins rd 16 just because exil didnt play,
any alliance that wins a rd deserves the credit for the win

playing planetarion is a marathon not a series of sprints greater respect is due to 1up than exil because they keep playing every rd and consistently perform well
exil have played when it suits them and seem incapable to defend their win so why give them as much credit as 1up they dont deserve it

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel

Last edited by gzambo; 17 Jan 2006 at 17:14.
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 13:41   #241
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I have no doubts about that, but the simple fact is the fact eX won't play, therefore eX cannot win a round. There's hardly an alliance in the game that isn't in 1 way or another forced to bare negative comments, be it truethful, accurate etc or not. Even so u can hardly blame eXilition if 1 of it's member's & part of the community wants to cut a piece of ur achievement under speculation "of what would have happened.."

And lets be honest here, ur initial post insinuated nothing but u pointing a finger at eXilition. If u didn't mean to give out this wiev maybe u should've phrased it in another fashion, or atleast picked another example out of the 10 u did mention (provided they r not all eXil posters?).
I just took the most obvious and recent one, nothing more nothing less. At no point did I point the finger at Exi. Don't look too much behind the example, it was just to state my point that idd some pple consider 1up to be in a loose/loose situation, whatever the outcome of r16 is.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 13:46   #242
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
my post was in response to the point I believe Kj was making......want to clear up though, by no means do I believe that eXi is a bad group of players, they play well in game, and provided they are on the up and up as they say they are, no one can argue that fact. By no means is it my intention to get into a pissing contest, just merely pointing out how I believe 1up feels in response to Kj's thoughts.

My personal views of eXi's character is what it is, whether you (you meaning the Pa player in general) agree or not, that is certainly your right. I will always say what I think, and there it is. This particular comparison has been made in this thread and discussed in some detail. Let me also point out that an 8 week round is NOT a "half" round
Lol, my point was that you cannot compare Exi not playing a round with what Angels did r14 ... I don't really see why you quoted me

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 13:57   #243
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Lol, my point was that you cannot compare Exi not playing a round with what Angels did r14 ... I don't really see why you quoted me

was in reference to your comment about how 1up / Mazz must be tired of certain things.... if I took it out of it's true meaning my bad...
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 13:58   #244
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
By the way, lol
I take offence at your lollering of my abilities!
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 13:58   #245
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

I certainly don't see us in a lose/lose situation, if we go out, and effectively attack and defend well enough to win a round of Pa, then no one can take anything away from us, same is true for anyone who wins. It's all about showing up
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 14:05   #246
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
was in reference to your comment about how 1up / Mazz must be tired of certain things.... if I took it out of it's true meaning my bad...
no problem, I just wondered why you quoted a post but not the one with mazz ... which was the part you wanted to quote on

I guess you just quoted the wrong post heh.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 14:08   #247
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I certainly don't see us in a lose/lose situation, if we go out, and effectively attack and defend well enough to win a round of Pa, then no one can take anything away from us, same is true for anyone who wins. It's all about showing up
I also do not think you're in a lose/lose situation. No alliance is. Whoever wins r16 in a valid way, was the best overall alliance of that round.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jan 2006, 14:15   #248
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Whoever wins r16 in a valid way, was the best overall alliance of that round.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 14:16   #249
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

This thread just gave me face aids
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 14:20   #250
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Whoever wins r16 in a valid way, was the best overall alliance of that round.
Yes.

(But just for the record, what do you mean by valid?)
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote