User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 1 Jun 2005, 20:08   #101
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Top 3 Alliances this round

No offense to wakey, but I don't recall F-Crew being referred to as a top (or even decent) alliance in any round I've participated in. So unless F-Crew was considered this in r1 and r2 then I can't really see where you get that claim from. Infact, who from that time can what they thought of F-Crew? I know they never cropped up in any discussions I've had with a variety of Command members that existed from r2.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 20:24   #102
SimbaX
Can't Touch This

SimbaX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I don't recall F-Crew being referred to as a top (or even decent) alliance
and what really is a "top" or "decent" alliance? F-Crew are top in the job they are doing for the community imo!
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 20:51   #103
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

zh|l what you have to remember is that F-Crew play for the community more than anyother & they do a great job introducing players to the game when you compare them to a so called decent alliance they do just as much if not more.
Sure they don't aim for high ranks but what are ranks anyway when it comes down to it if you reach your set goal then you have done a good job & you should be proud of yourself for it just because he made a valid point about NewDawn this round zh|l it doesn't mean you should put down his alliance down infact you should be praising him for keeping a training alliance running.
An Alliance that has beenn running for 5 years is quite something & is an ancievement too say the least.
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 21:23   #104
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

wakey is right about ND.

It has been a poor round for us. A lot of the core of ND didnt play this round, who have helped form the fabulous spirit that we normally have, and a lot of those that do have been forced by rl to play inactively. Hopefully next round a lot of the core will be back and ND will be back to fighting at the high standards we have set in recent rounds.

Also, despite our disappointing round, we still held on to our beliefs, still fought hard and didn't take the shit option and NAP everyone we could *cough* NoS *cough*
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 21:36   #105
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
No offense to wakey, but I don't recall F-Crew being referred to as a top (or even decent) alliance in any round I've participated in. So unless F-Crew was considered this in r1 and r2 then I can't really see where you get that claim from. Infact, who from that time can what they thought of F-Crew? I know they never cropped up in any discussions I've had with a variety of Command members that existed from r2.
An alliance that has been able to be around this long in this ever changing game with it's gradually declining community, is in itself a major commitment.

Good job F-Crew
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Amycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 21:41   #106
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycus
An alliance that has been able to be around this long in this ever changing game with it's gradually declining community, is in itself a major commitment.

Good job F-Crew

Ark

w00t

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 21:53   #107
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

F-Crew did good in R2. I think they were top 20 if i can recall correctly. I remember thinking of them as a trustworthy alliance whom we had a nap with in R3 (TGV was my alliance at the time)
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 22:34   #108
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
F-Crew I'd have thought wouldn't want the tag 'top alliance'

They're one of the consistent performers though, who get the maximum out of raw players and tbh the game would be poorer without them.
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 22:34   #109
Amycus
Flame me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
Ark

w00t
I think Ark would work well as a BG wouldn't you say?

But then again we would be missing Penelope, Mold, Antillenen, and Phsycocowboy. ( i think that is right)

Unread 1 Jun 2005, 22:38   #110
Wakko
Hackmetzler

Wakko is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Sonnenbomber do u still have that galpic where the ToT hc were sitting around a car and the number plate read ToT. That was teh funny for someone appreciates graphics like me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
I like the one, that had 3 ToT dudes with ToT t-shirts taking a piss on a car with a plate that had LDK in it.
Oh memories.....
there were several different galpics, which i dont have. some1 will have those hosted on his webspace. i only got the original picture:

http://wakko.pilgerer.org/LDK-bepisst.jpg

have fun
22/02/2003 22:10 GMT

Subject: Your galaxy banner

Your galaxy banner is found unacceptable and has been reset by one of the admins..

ToT HC - Überbringer von Marduks Zorn
http://www.ng-gallery.net/view.php?nick=Wakko <- attention!!!! ToT-link
Wakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 22:41   #111
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

ahh the good old days sigh....
Thanks wakko
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 22:52   #112
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Ark would work well as a BG wouldn't you say?

But then again we would be missing Penelope, Mold, Antillenen, and Phsycocowboy. ( i think that is right)
dont forget smasher,abe,antilenin and mano and co
We all started somewere

Unread 1 Jun 2005, 23:38   #113
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Not that its anything to be proud of but I was actually around from r1.. And I can inform you that F-Crew (if that is indeed Farnborough Crew or something?) was considered one of the better alliances of planetarion in the early stages of the game. Ofc it couldnt compete with the likes of Concordium, 17th Legion (later VtS) or BlueTubas but it made its mark of decency on the game.
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 00:08   #114
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

or RB!

And idd, it did make its mark.

Tesla, ever get the feeling we ahve played this game for too long :/
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 00:12   #115
Amycus
Flame me...

Quote:
dont forget smasher,abe,antilenin and mano and co
We all started somewere
I did say antillinen, and I was only talking about who we didn't have. Mano, smasher, abe are all playing.

Oh I did forget FreddyAre. *tear for freddy*

Unread 2 Jun 2005, 00:33   #116
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
I did say antillinen, and I was only talking about who we didn't have. Mano, smasher, abe are all playing.

Oh I did forget FreddyAre. *tear for freddy*
dont forget are cheery friend muppet
Didnt he meet penelope in the end?
and I never will forget Mold as long as Kila plays hehe there so god damn alike

/me wipes away a lil tear

Unread 2 Jun 2005, 02:02   #117
hells
Ex F-Crew HC

hells is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

we acheive enough and we dont go around worrying about winning, we care about our members which not many other alliances do and we are also an incredably friendly community, i have never enjoyed playing in an alliance as much as this and many of our members will say the same, i believe this to be an acheivement in itself

and on top of that we dont crumble under preasure or attacks. We, unlike certain "top" or "decent" alliances, will always bounce back and continue contributing to the PA game and community to improve the planetarion experience for all, even those who believe us (in their biggoted opinion) to be sub standard because we dont play to win.

because everything else, is just an alliance

rd 12 [F-Crew] P30n
rd 13 part 1 [F-Crew] DC
rd 13 part 2 LCH DC
rd 13 part 3 [F-Crew] HC
rd 14 [F-Crew] HC
rd 15 [F-Crew] HC
rd 16 [F-Crew] P30n!

Last edited by hells; 2 Jun 2005 at 02:23.
hells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 04:30   #118
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

F-crew usually starts their alliance meetings with -

"we are the people in your neighborhood,
in your neighborhood,
in your neigh-bor-hoo-hood.."

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 08:37   #119
Borg
Proud NoSser

Borg is on a distinguished road

well I spose I will add my 2 cents worth here

Exi imo have done very well to date, I respect that they have worked at it even when being targetted by several alliances. If as some say it was polotics that made them top, then their political officers should run a country because they have been succesful

SiNND since your merger you picked your feet up and started working hard again, some of your members may be total jerks in their attitude to NoS doing well this round but that dont stop me offering respect to you for keeping with the plot

ANGELS played a politcally excellent round, they have balanced everybody and remained safe from major incomings and have grown accordingly

I will offer thanks to those who have spoken well of NoS for this round, you are few amongs the many

Proud to be NoS

My views are my personal views and are not a statement from NoS
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 09:37   #120
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Tesla, ever get the feeling we ahve played this game for too long :/
Every other day ?
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 10:59   #121
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by virogenesis
zh|l what you have to remember is that F-Crew play for the community more than anyother & they do a great job introducing players to the game when you compare them to a so called decent alliance they do just as much if not more.
Sure they don't aim for high ranks but what are ranks anyway when it comes down to it if you reach your set goal then you have done a good job & you should be proud of yourself for it just because he made a valid point about NewDawn this round zh|l it doesn't mean you should put down his alliance down infact you should be praising him for keeping a training alliance running.
An Alliance that has beenn running for 5 years is quite something & is an ancievement too say the least.

I' m just going to quote this post.

Yeah sure, running an alliance for as long as F-Crew has is an achievement. Props to them for still being around but no-one here has really supported the original claim from wakey regarding F-Crew's effect upon the game being substantially significant.

Alot of you people seem to believe "community spirit" for an alliance can only exist in ones that dont play for the top - and I'd have to say these people are wrong. I've experienced a community spirit in Fury and 1up. Infact, I'd rate r5 Wrath as having one of the best spirits Ive personally seen and that was only a recruitment wing.

Going against the grain here, I fully respect F-Crew's motives in wnating to play how they do - yet I feel the 'morals and ethics' apparently getting lost if you want to play for the top is not quite -that- bad. I however can't really give much weight to F-Crew criticism upon running an alliance to ND or others.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 17:01   #122
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

F-Crew's contribution to the game... wasn't it a battle at an F-Crew planet in round 2 that still remains the only single battle to crash PA's servers due to ship overload?
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 17:08   #123
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Alot of you people seem to believe "community spirit" for an alliance can only exist in ones that dont play for the top - and I'd have to say these people are wrong.
In my experience, higher up alliance means higher activity which means more shit to be shot which over time translates to a better community. Having been in alliances on many tiers, the alliances I preferred were always the ones with less dipshits and higher night/odd time activity, regardless of performance.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 17:40   #124
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
There’s a famous saying that goes something like "History is written by the winners" and this is as true in PA as anywhere. I will use round 2 as a perfect example. Now to quote the PAwiki

Quote:
Round 2 was dominated by Fury and Legion.
The question is did Fury and Legion really dominate the round, sure they won it but dominate is a big claim.

I mean a look at dictionary.com tells us dominate means

Quote:
1. To control, govern, or rule by superior authority or power: Successful leaders dominate events rather than react to them.
2. To exert a supreme, guiding influence on or over: Ambition dominated their lives.
3. To enjoy a commanding, controlling position in: a drug company that dominates the tranquilizer market.
4. To overlook from a height: a view from the cliffside chalet that dominates the valley.
Applying these definitions to the claim that they dominated the round clearly shows the PAwiki claim to be completely false. WaC and BT are the alliances who hold the true claim to have dominated the round, with Fury and Legions claim being that they won the round.

To back what I'm saying up lets have a quick look at both alliances r2.

Legion - Spent most of the round as a Wing/battle group inside WaC. As their own identity they really had none outside of the WaC setup until they broke away from a crumbling WaC in the latter half of the round. Now yes you could argue that because they were WaC they dominated the round but it would be like saying SiN are a top 10 alliance this round.

Fury - Fury spent the first half being fairly insignificant. They were certainly outside the group of around 8 alliances chasing WaC and BT that were considered to be the ones who could at a push WaC and BT. As far as the community at the time were concerned Fury were simply considered a lesser alliance than the likes of F-Crew, IPC, UXF, ND, Sk, hirr, RE. In fact when the plan was thrown together to try and take down WaC, Fury weren’t on anyone’s lists of alliances worth inviting. They eventually got an invite because RE pulled out and the other backups declined to take part. Fury themselves declined to take part, preferring to fence sit a tactic that would pay huge dividends for them.

Now while everyone involved except F-Crew managed to remove themselves from the game for the rest of the round (either disbanding for good, disbanding for round or simply going underground) when the attacks went tits up Fury took the opportunity to move into position. As soon as WaC started to crumble and Legion jumped ship they took their chance to push WaC over the cliff. While they were primed to fall it was a big scalp for Fury and Legion to take must have helped them when they went to snatch the round from BT. Anyway they managed to engineer a winning position and earnt themselves the ability to shape the way history would remember the round and as such alot of other alliances contributions were lost.

Now F-Crew is one of the alliances that lost out due to this. You say F-Crew and Top alliance and you get the likes of Zh|l s******ing. However if history was a bit more accurate events like the WaC attack on the F-Crew planet belonging to oter would be an important event. WaC decided to launch 1million ships at an F-Crew planet, you may sit there and think that wasn’t much but back then getting 1mill ships together was a major achievement, something that only a handful of alliance could do in that round and was something the game hadn’t seen outside of last tick attack on the leader. The fact that F-Crew was able to cover the attack ship for ship shows you they weren’t the feeble push over that it’s become fashionable to label us as. There are not many alliances in r2 who could have covered that incoming; in fact there are not many alliances in PA ever that have been able to gather 1mill ships to a single planet without calling on allies. And we hardly just dropped dramatically away in r3 and r4, we maybe didn’t make strives forward either mainly due to Fury and Legion moving the game up a level in R3 which we couldn’t react to as well as those who didn’t feel obligated to fulfil their goals and stick by their beliefs but we were still hovering around the second string of alliances in these rounds. It wasn’t really to r5 when we lost players like everyone due to P2P and our stream of new players to replace those who moved on dried up

Anyway my point being is that F-Crews done alot in this game at all levels. However we have never been in a situation to shape peoples views of history and that has meant we havent often gained cedit for things we have done and coupled with our struggles since p2p it gives people this view that we are a poor alliance who has nothing going for them, has never acheived anything and whom use a 'training' alliance tag as an excuse for being rubbish which isnt true.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 19:31   #125
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
The question is did Fury and Legion really dominate the round, sure they won it but dominate is a big claim.

Legion - Spent most of the round as a Wing/battle group inside WaC. As their own identity they really had none outside of the WaC setup until they broke away from a crumbling WaC in the latter half of the round. Now yes you could argue that because they were WaC they dominated the round but it would be like saying SiN are a top 10 alliance this round.

Fury - Fury spent the first half being fairly insignificant. They were certainly outside the group of around 8 alliances chasing WaC and BT that were considered to be the ones who could at a push WaC and BT. As far as the community at the time were concerned Fury were simply considered a lesser alliance than the likes of F-Crew, IPC, UXF, ND, Sk, hirr, RE. In fact when the plan was thrown together to try and take down WaC, Fury weren’t on anyone’s lists of alliances worth inviting. They eventually got an invite because RE pulled out and the other backups declined to take part. Fury themselves declined to take part, preferring to fence sit a tactic that would pay huge dividends for them.

Now while everyone involved except F-Crew managed to remove themselves from the game for the rest of the round (either disbanding for good, disbanding for round or simply going underground) when the attacks went tits up Fury took the opportunity to move into position. As soon as WaC started to crumble and Legion jumped ship they took their chance to push WaC over the cliff. While they were primed to fall it was a big scalp for Fury and Legion to take must have helped them when they went to snatch the round from BT. Anyway they managed to engineer a winning position and earnt themselves the ability to shape the way history would remember the round and as such alot of other alliances contributions were lost.
I'm not too sure if your memory is that up to scratch wakey. This thread casts a slightly better light on the subject of round 2 I think.
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 19:55   #126
noah02
The Original Terran

I thought this was about alliancess this round hehe

Unread 2 Jun 2005, 21:29   #127
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Easy now, wakey.

Plenty of alliances have mustered a million Def ships at a planet over the rounds. We did it a couple of times for cypher in Titans(R8). And I am sure that Fury, Legion and Xanadu did it quite a few times in R6.

Granted getting a million ships after the introduction of Xan with its myriad of Fighters is easy, but still has been done a lot of times over the rounds.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 21:57   #128
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
There’s a famous saying that goes something like "History is written by the winners" and this is as true in PA as anywhere. I will use round 2 as a perfect example. Now to quote the PAwiki

I mean a look at dictionary.com tells us dominate means

Applying these definitions to the claim that they dominated the round clearly shows the PAwiki claim to be completely false. WaC and BT are the alliances who hold the true claim to have dominated the round, with Fury and Legions claim being that they won the round.

Trying to recreate history are we Wakey?

Legion moved from WaC VERY early in the round, and MrX was a HC of both alliances for quite some time.

Also the war on BT came BEFORE the WaC "war", which infact was a none starter as they disbanded before it even started. So therefore Legion and Fury said what went on for the rest of the round, removing such annoyances like Frag with just sheer numbers of ships.

I also cant believe you are trying to say Fury and Legion "snatched" victory from BT. This is the alliance that had 600-700 members in its tag. Its fact BT was just waiting to be beaten.

[Edit Cleaned up your quote tag - Wakey]

Last edited by wakey; 2 Jun 2005 at 22:40.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 23:48   #129
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
and I never will forget Mold as long as Kila plays hehe there so god damn alike
STFU Im not Mouldy :/

Last edited by _Kila_; 2 Jun 2005 at 23:58.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 23:53   #130
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Ok lets just start with I know my post ended up being riddled with some errors especially towards the end. However it wasnt an attempt to rewrite history, most of them have come from the circumstances surrounding the post. I started the reply moments after Zh|l posted, now if you check postage time of Zh|ls thread and mine your see how long it took me to post. One of the reasons for this was how far off my original aim it ended up, if you throught the end result was pretty long the orginal was even longer. Due to this not being the aim I started editing things out, rewording aspects ect something which really I should never do, it just goes haywire. Keeping things short and simple isnt something i can do and I should never try

Now obviously even if the post was the AD equivilent of war and peace it shouldnt have taken that long but during both the creation and editing process I had alot going on, id get about a line done and then have to spend 30mins doing something else. Understandably I lost track.

In the end I really was sick of the post, I should have just scrapped it but my over riding point rings very much true that those who get praise for a round arent always the only ones who deserve some praise.

Game; A few point to your post

I dont belive I mentioned WaC war, certainly not in the context of Legion/Fury and WaC. I didnt even imply any battle took place. But you did apply pressure which seemed from the outside to be the thing that sent them over the edge. Certainly Fury and legion members pushed this fact during and after the round and if thats true then they did in effect take the scalp of WaC

"snatched" victory, In many ways you did. BT may have been prime for beating but with WaC gone BT were the obvious winners so in effect you snatched victory from under their noses. You seem to be taking this as a derogitory comment but its certainly not meant to be as snatching victory is something that competition is very much about and its what makes thing entertaining when the people whom you assume will win are outsmarted

I know back then it was harder to pin alliances down but certainly at the half way point we were still considering Legion with the same kind of stance as Jonkas attack wing and certainly not in a Wacjr type role whom we considered very much a differnt alliance. Perhaps we were wrong about that, but there wasnt many if any vts tags flying around at that point (although tbh i cant say i recall any after either, atleast not till galaxy tagging towards the end) and they seemed to us to be ultimatly under WaC's control. Maybe though it was the shared hc member that you mentioned coupled with the ability for alliances to 'float' due to no official alliance system

Anywa we have hyjacked the thread so lets try and put this to bed

/me goes to reply to part of Zh|ls other thread which is on topic, expect my next post in abouy 22hours
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 23:54   #131
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
I also cant believe you are trying to say Fury and Legion "snatched" victory from BT. This is the alliance that had 600-700 members in its tag. Its fact BT was just waiting to be beaten.
Actually I do believe that BlueTubas size surpassed 1k members at one point Game
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 00:01   #132
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
and they seemed to us to be ultimatly under WaC's control. Maybe though it was the shared hc member that you mentioned coupled with the ability for alliances to 'float' due to no official alliance system
The problem with WaC was that apoc (or something?) lost totally control at HC level and turned WaC into BlueTubas 2 whereas membernumbers were concerned. With the recruitment of LOST, he pissed quite the bundle of ppl off and there really really wasnt any control in WaC at that point at all. All they had was their scary "Concordium" name to scare possible enemies off. (which worked quite fine tbh.. that pluss they napped every man and his dog like BlueTubas did)
Just my 0,1445 cents.

Tesla
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 00:03   #133
hells
Ex F-Crew HC

hells is an unknown quantity at this point

Wakey - Dont EVER write a book....... Your talks on education are bad enough, now histroy lessons, you would be the sort of teacher that kids make up insulting names for......

anyway!

this round the lower alliances have made huge advances as wakey previously said as F-Crew once again gaining a superb member base and APA doing jsut as well

coven well errrrr..... yeh

rd 12 [F-Crew] P30n
rd 13 part 1 [F-Crew] DC
rd 13 part 2 LCH DC
rd 13 part 3 [F-Crew] HC
rd 14 [F-Crew] HC
rd 15 [F-Crew] HC
rd 16 [F-Crew] P30n!
hells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 00:22   #134
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells
Wakey - Dont EVER write a book....... Your talks on education are bad enough, now histroy lessons, you would be the sort of teacher that kids make up insulting names for......

anyway!

this round the lower alliances have made huge advances as wakey previously said as F-Crew once again gaining a superb member base and APA doing jsut as well

coven well errrrr..... yeh

Even coven made gains, sadly their 44.24% score gain this round has come at the expense of a 44.24% IQ drop.

I mean thinking its "You cant get water out of a stone" They get much dumber and maybe they should swap names with APA, would be more suited as they are clearly geting close to devolving into apes themselves
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 15:46   #135
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

wakey that joke is so old get a new 1 fs:/
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 16:47   #136
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
wakey that joke is so old get a new 1 fs:/
They havent come up with any answers as stupid yet in F-Crew quizzes, yes they come up with many dumb answers but until they better that one your stuck with it
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 16:54   #137
zen
zenguard

zen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

...They get much dumber and maybe they should swap names with APA, would be more suited as they are clearly geting close to devolving into apes themselves
Your comparison of Coveners' and apes' intelligence is an insult against all primates. At least chimps can use sticks to "hunt" tasty ants, yum!
r15 Subh Member

"Siinä tapauksessa etenemme täydellä tuuppausvoimalla tuikutusetäisyydelle"
zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 18:24   #138
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
Easy now, wakey.

Plenty of alliances have mustered a million Def ships at a planet over the rounds. We did it a couple of times for cypher in Titans(R8). And I am sure that Fury, Legion and Xanadu did it quite a few times in R6.

Granted getting a million ships after the introduction of Xan with its myriad of Fighters is easy, but still has been done a lot of times over the rounds.

you make me feel like a defwh0re

atleast this round i think i had most attacking ships of anyone on me at 1 tick

doubt anyone can beat 1.37 million DDDDDDDDDDDDdd
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 18:42   #139
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Not a top 3 alliances post but on the general topic id like to say that Hidden Agenda have done very well in their first round and have created a good new alliance and finished in a strong position. Well done guys and good luck for r14
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 16:40   #140
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
Easy now, wakey.

I think there was even more ships on Servuz that round, even virus gatherd that mutch on me. Rather late in the round tho....
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 16:45   #141
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by logbat
I think there was even more ships on Servuz that round, even virus gatherd that mutch on me. Rather late in the round tho....
I remember when people ran around on IRC and spammed public channels to get more people to launch for this one.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 21:19   #142
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

learn to read, he's talking about round 2, not rounds 6 and 8. in round 2 it was a first. <- whoever neg repped me for this is a retard, since I will now quote from wakeys post.

Quote:
in fact there are not many alliances in PA ever that have been able to gather 1mill ships to a single planet
Now tell me who is supposed to learn to read, anonymous dipshit.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 00:49   #143
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

well...heres my 3, in no particular order

Exi: pld round imho.. even from an early stage we all knew we had a fight on our hands to stop you and youve done what LCH cud never manage. pld tho.. lets see if u can do it round 14

1up: held strong under the battle, and since joining you guys ive witnessed first hand the good organisation of the members and the willingness to keep on fighting even when the chips are down. shud be a good round 14

SiNND: having a few sinnd guys ingal has enabled me to see the battele from their view (lo Gate and Tearz ). despite taking a heavy battering (it got to the point where it was unusual to wake up and gate not to have incs), specially exi when they viewed sinnd as a threat to their position, you guys have held strong and have my respect.

Mek

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....

Last edited by Mek; 5 Jun 2005 at 01:06.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 18:48   #144
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For what it's worth I'll throw my hat in the ring on the issue.

Three alliances in terms of doing more than what i'd expect of them have impressed me this round.

ToT - to sustain that average with such a small membership is bloody impressive.

ToF - establishing themselves in the top 10 for the first time shows progress from a group who were probably previously regarded as a newbie alliance, and they've come on leaps and bounds.

F-Crew - still going, moderately competitive and training new players. A player without an appreciation for F-Crew is a player without true experience of the game.

That's not to say other alliances haven't performed well, or haven't performed above themselves, it's just that these guys for me have shone out as prominent in my mind. If Veneratio get top 10 again, they'll probably get in my top 3 next round.
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 19:33   #145
Goodfellah
*** [ToF] Yakuza ***

Goodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
ToF - establishing themselves in the top 10 for the first time shows progress from a group who were probably previously regarded as a newbie alliance, and they've come on leaps and bounds.

omg dude what planned do u come from, this is our 3rd round and our 3rd finish in top 10 (r11= 9th r12=8th and this round even better) get ur facts straight plz...

yes we are a newbie alliance but we have fun doing what we do
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 19:42   #146
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have you even been playing the last rounds of planetarion?
ToF in top 10 for the first time?
How come we were 8th last round then?
Or 9th the round before?
Kinda looks like we've been t10 every round we played huh?

Maybe some people should stop overlooking ToF simply caus we don't have AD trols around.
We're always "the noobs" and frankly i'm getting sick and tired of it.
We've been here quite some time now and we've gained rank every round. How many other allies can say that?
Don't you think it's about time you gave us the respect we deserve instead of calling us noobs?
Or do we really need to find 10 members willing to troll on every post on ad before we get that?

: Edit: Fellah beat me to it, but you get the point right? :

Ranked 7th atm... not bad for a noob ally

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]

Last edited by Veedeejem!; 8 Jun 2005 at 19:47.
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 19:49   #147
stoney_elmo
Strunken Doner

stoney_elmo is a jewel in the roughstoney_elmo is a jewel in the roughstoney_elmo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
wtf we don't even have to merge to be top 10, nap 80% of the uni, unlike other allies...
for starters, tof is the most fun ally in the game, so stop looking down to us ffs

Tides of Fire
Official Mascot

|Deathbringers| - |Destiny| - |DLR| -|InSomnia FTW| - |ROCK| - |EvOlution|
stoney_elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 19:54   #148
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

HE.WAS.COMPLIMENTING.YOU.FOR.CRYING.OUT.LOUD

albeit, he did make a mistake regarding the first t10 appearance etc.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 19:59   #149
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfellah
omg dude what planned do u come from, this is our 3rd round and our 3rd finish in top 10 (r11= 9th r12=8th and this round even better) get ur facts straight plz...

In Lokken's defence, there's a difference between finishing top10 and establishing yourself in the top 10 (throughout the round.)
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 20:01   #150
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, complimenting us on something we achieved in r11 allready.
Kinda late to start noticing us tbh

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote