User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 May 2005, 10:24   #1
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough
Copycats

I'm not sure if there is a thread about this, because frankly, I'm too lazy to read all your rubbish, but isn't it blatantly obvious that dragons are trying to do the same as 1up did last round, and win with 2/3 size of maximum, or perhaps even fewer?

Is this an agenda, or is it just coincidence?

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2005, 11:43   #2
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
Re: Copycats

Quote:
blabla Dragons blabla
I'm sure if you will take the time to read our "rubbish" you will find out that dragons disbanded at end of round 10 and that there is no alliance called Dragons this round, however i think you are referring to an alliance called Exilition.

Quote:
but isn't it blatantly obvious that dragons are trying to do the same as 1up did last round, and win with 2/3 size of maximum, or perhaps even fewer?
From the few lines you wrote, i came to the conclusion that you must reffer not only to Exilition but also to the 7 other alliances with less than 66 members in the top20. they all have the same goal at the begining of the round (winning) and all had around the same members count they have now.. Do you see my point?
With the cap to 100 members and with the new PAX+ mechanics, having 67 actives members is much more intelligent than having 100 average members.
A small core is much easier to defend, much easier to control. much easier to send on attack and much easier to motivate than a big alliance the HC dont have control over.

Oh and by the way, your post feel like you trying to troll some alliance, i am in no way affiliated to Exilition or any other alliances but i must say that your post lack of valid points.

This post would maybe be "OK" as a reply post inside a conversation but not a post that open a discussion.
Unread 4 May 2005, 13:17   #3
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

I was refering to Exilition as they were the only ones who at this point have a chance of winning with their limited numbers - and yes, I know dragons disbanded, please laugh at my "joke".

alch, this isn't supposed to be flaming, I was just curious, or perhaps I'm just stupid, because I remember certain people saying "we wont let that happen again", after 1up wtfpwn0rz0r0ed with 33 members short of the others, and at this point it seems like drag, uhm, exilition will do the same?

Oh, btw, could you please elaborate how having 67 members makes it easier to cover def/sending attcks this round? ( I'm not playing :\ )

4S

Illuminati
Unread 4 May 2005, 14:07   #4
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Exilition have fewer members because nobody wants to join them. 67 members doesn't make covering anything easier, it's the use of VNC that does.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2005, 14:53   #5
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

When i said covering is easier, my idea was that you need to cover less members and the actives one while when you have a bigger alliance, because of the lack of control over your alliance, you are bound sometime to cover planets that you really dont know what their activity and you waste on them usefull Defense fleets.
Unread 4 May 2005, 14:57   #6
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

VNC = tha latest b0t from Jonni?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2005, 15:30   #7
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

VNC lets you remotely login to someone elses computer and control that computer.

alch - what you are saying is not an issue for the top-level alliances. 1up has a simple defence point scheme of 1 point per defence, and certain boundaries that give you a priority of no -def/low/normal/high. That is then shown to officers when they enter a defence call, so those who are less active get a lower priority on defence. It is a fairly crude system, but it is simple which is what is needed for MO's when they have defence coming out of their ears. Lesser numbers doesn't make coverage any easier I wouldn't say.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2005, 18:26   #8
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Exilition have fewer members because nobody wants to join them. 67 members doesn't make covering anything easier, it's the use of VNC that does.
Difference is, when you have 67 members you have asmuch active members as the avg 100 members alliance due to quality recruitment control.

And the title if this thread .... copycats ... sounds so degrading imo, while having smaller but dedicated core is the future in PA (according to me that is). I don't think alliances need 1up to notice that this should be the way, although the victories if 1up were a great encouragement.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2005, 18:57   #9
Kushan
[VsN]

Kushan is an unknown quantity at this point

I think smaller tighter controlled core member groups are definitly the way forward at the moment, I wondered if alliances might consider splitting thier 100 maximum member base into 2 small tight reliable groups of 50'ish, that could operate individual if needed or be coordinated together by High Commanders when needed? Is this a system that any alliance uses at the moment, does anyone think its a sound idea or is there some hidden weaknesses that anyone can pickup on?

[APA] Kushan
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2005, 19:05   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well, alliance quality is not a necessary correlation with the fact that you have a small (ie ~50) memberbase kushan. If you got the 10 most inactive players from the top 5 alliances and put them together in a 50 player alliance I doubt there'd be a dramatic improvement in activity and co-ordination. The main benefit of smaller alliances is that the members you pick can be of a higher quality, therefore you'll spend less time during the round defending inactive planets and such. Reducing the amount of defence available at a given instant (by splitting the alliance) would definitely be a negative.

PS With the moderating hat on for a moment for ****s sake [i2k]Xy don't start a thread with "I'm not sure if there is a thread about this, because frankly, I'm too lazy to read all your rubbish" please.
Unread 4 May 2005, 19:59   #11
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by [i2k]Xy
I'm not sure if there is a thread about this, because frankly, I'm too lazy to read all your rubbish, but isn't it blatantly obvious that dragons are trying to do the same as 1up did last round, and win with 2/3 size of maximum, or perhaps even fewer?

Is this an agenda, or is it just coincidence?
In reply to the original post, why does it even matter? If it works, why not employ the system yourself?

Are you now going to flame anyone who caps roids? or builds ships? Because thats what last rounds winners did!
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2005, 21:24   #12
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

The original Ðragons was about 70 guys before making the transfer from BG to alliance. If you're gonna call Exilition Ðragons then let's say they're returning to their roots, which are far further back than 1up!'s.
Unread 4 May 2005, 22:47   #13
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
In reply to the original post, why does it even matter? If it works, why not employ the system yourself?

Are you now going to flame anyone who caps roids? or builds ships? Because thats what last rounds winners did!
am I confusing you arfy? My question was basically; "Is there an agenda behind the non-recruitment policy of exilition?", as I'm sure there are plenty of players out there interested in joining them.

I figured this was a valid question :\

4S

Illuminati
Unread 4 May 2005, 23:59   #14
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by [i2k]Xy
am I confusing you arfy? My question was basically; "Is there an agenda behind the non-recruitment policy of exilition?", as I'm sure there are plenty of players out there interested in joining them.

I figured this was a valid question :\
That's a valid question, but the flame-like nature of your original post deserved flame-like responses. Had your first post been in the same context and format as your last, perhaps I would have been slightly less confused.
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2005, 00:16   #15
steve

steve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the rough

dragons didnt actually disband at the end of round 10, they just played another game. its also very similar to the setup they had in this other game with a mix of ldk and dragons.

as for them doing a 1up. well ldk even if ppl dont like to admit it have always been a skilled group when it comes to the core and the same goes for dragons. also the advantages of there alliance size was pointed out earlier in this thread.
[23:42:56] <SkyHead> Keep your fleets
[23:43:02] <SkyHead> Keep your faith
[23:43:08] <SkyHead> Keep your anti 1up spirit

-retired 1up MO-
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2005, 01:55   #16
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I don't think exilition are trying to copycat 1up. 1up proved that a smaller alliance can wtfpwn the entire universe. There are people that are trying to copycat, but not a huge bunch. Besides, there aren't enough decent people playing for every top 10 alliance to have close to 100 members anyway. I think most have understood this, and made the best of it.
Unread 5 May 2005, 02:23   #17
GonZo
it never got weird enough

GonZo will become famous soon enoughGonZo will become famous soon enough

I'm sure that [1up] pioneered the way for alliances to begin having a smaller member base of only core players. I mean having an alliance win the game with only 67 members is pretty unheard of until they actually did it. From that, you saw alliances like Angels, ToT and Exilition appear who have also shown that they have a core group of players who can stand up to a "bigger" alliances. Its always quality vs quantity but its old news now seeing as [1up] were the first to show it could be done and done successfully.

--GonZo`
GonZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2005, 02:58   #18
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZo
I'm sure that [1up] pioneered the way for alliances to begin having a smaller member base of only core players. I mean having an alliance win the game with only 67 members is pretty unheard of until they actually did it. From that, you saw alliances like Angels, ToT and Exilition appear who have also shown that they have a core group of players who can stand up to a "bigger" alliances. Its always quality vs quantity but its old news now seeing as [1up] were the first to show it could be done and done successfully.

--GonZo`
1up may have been the first to play it like that in PAX style PA, but they're definitely not the first alliance to take quality over quantity.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2005, 07:42   #19
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Lets just say that 1up motivated others to do it. before, noone dreamed of playing PAX with under about 85 or so members. When 1up pwned them, they felt that having a small member base actually wasn't bad.
I have to say this, because certain people would not have been a BG in certain "other" alliances, if they would have had the idea before 1up did.
Unread 5 May 2005, 10:14   #20
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Lets just say that 1up motivated others to do it. before, noone dreamed of playing PAX with under about 85 or so members. When 1up pwned them, they felt that having a small member base actually wasn't bad.
I have to say this, because certain people would not have been a BG in certain "other" alliances, if they would have had the idea before 1up did.
I can"t speak of other alliances but what I can say is thatthe achievements of 1up gave us some EXTRA motivation and a proof that it can be done. But it was NOT the reason why "we" decided to go for a small core. We'd have done that even if 1up didn't exist.

It's not like they invented rocket science, they just applied it and showed how it worked.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2005, 11:10   #21
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
That's a valid question, but the flame-like nature of your original post deserved flame-like responses. Had your first post been in the same context and format as your last, perhaps I would have been slightly less confused.
hey, since when have people been neutral, or formal for that matter, on AD?

4S

Illuminati
Unread 5 May 2005, 13:01   #22
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

I dont wanna sound concluding... but those so called 'copycats' are now en-route to WIN the round.

Their roid gain (5-9%) the past 4 days are very stable, eventhough 2-4 alliances targetting them. Seems they're hard to stop right now.

Bye bye WP on top
Unread 5 May 2005, 13:11   #23
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
I dont wanna sound concluding... but those so called 'copycats' are now en-route to WIN the round.

Their roid gain (5-9%) the past 4 days are very stable, eventhough 2-4 alliances targetting them. Seems they're hard to stop right now.

Bye bye WP on top
I'm not sure if Mr. Furssie is just ignorant or blatantly stupid, but I went to see what sandman's statistics give out about Exilition. I missed the past 4 days 5-9% roid gains, actually, there was no day of 9% roid gain, rather 13% roid loss.

Today +5,4%
Wednesday +3%
Tuesday -3,0%
Monday -13,0%

.edit. to make it realistic, the rates are average size changes. it's hardly "great defence" if you grow by recruiting.

I'm not saying this refers to anyone's success on the alliance table, I'm just saying you exaggerate, or are just less adept in reading a simple table.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2005, 13:32   #24
alch
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by chika
The true reason we were playing for ourselves was because all the HCs needed a break, and having another alliance to do the politics and other stuff for us seemed a pretty good idea, tho after few weeks, i did realised we made a mistake by joining an alliance who couldnt propertly functionate because of some people in command there, which is why we broke the BG off MISTU.
If i knew that would be the income, then im not that sure we would have played at all, as we werent mean to play anyway, just preserve a small core of the REAL friends from FAnG and the past rounds.
But in my point of view, if i start something i have to finish it and it was more meant to show some MISTU officer/HC how the whole thing should be done and show them that despite what they thought about our core, we did more than our share in their alliances, history speaks for itself.
Unread 5 May 2005, 18:42   #25
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
As the moderator it's my duty to warn you about such posting. Accusations of cheating without backed up evidence (not necessarily to the level that PA team would require for a deletion) are out of bounds.

I've put this publicly to ensure no one else follows this route without thinking fiirst.

Please don't reply to this post - if you've got a problem, you can lodge it to me via the report post function, pm or IRC if i'm on.
Unread 5 May 2005, 18:51   #26
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Bye bye WP on top
I think it all depends on the block which is going atm :/
If it stays the way it is now for the rest of the round we may aswell have had LCH/VSN/Exil in 1 alliance.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 00:34   #27
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I can"t speak of other alliances but what I can say is thatthe achievements of 1up gave us some EXTRA motivation and a proof that it can be done. But it was NOT the reason why "we" decided to go for a small core. We'd have done that even if 1up didn't exist.

It's not like they invented rocket science, they just applied it and showed how it worked.

I can buy this answer. Its honest. Its where my point was geared but in better words.
Unread 6 May 2005, 02:15   #28
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Bye bye WP on top

Yes exilition have a very good chance of winning, they are at the point now where 1up was last round. They are slowly gaining on the top alliance. Their members are all large, and therefore it takes more firepower, and more importantly, more people for another alliance to successfully target them. This is where the quality is a big advantage over quantity.

WP is in a very delicate spot right now, as was shown in the past week or two, they are starting to get targetted more heavily (or perhaps their members are losing focus) either way they have been losing roids. Exilition while facing setbacks is still moving up. WP will have to play their cards right, or they will be the LCH of this round.
Unread 6 May 2005, 13:50   #29
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

Another day the copycats got a handful of roid gains whilst being majorly targetted.
Unread 6 May 2005, 15:42   #30
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I think it all depends on the block which is going atm :/
If it stays the way it is now for the rest of the round we may aswell have had LCH/VSN/Exil in 1 alliance.

I think Ex have a gd chance because i think WP have a lot of the big ziks in top 100 and ex have a lot of the fi heavy big xans. I think we know who wins in a fight versus those two...
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 16:29   #31
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

fact is, with ziks being so value heavy they gotta be extra careful on attacks, they dont have xp to bounce back on so to speak. So a decent fleet catch on any of the big ziks and ull see them out of the top50 imho
Unread 6 May 2005, 20:06   #32
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

first BC to organise a hit to freeze a top 50 planet's fleet, then steal it all without killing anything wins a prize.
Unread 6 May 2005, 21:02   #33
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

umm lokken ive tried that 1once on a zik and what a surprise lol MASS CORSAIRS*

*see other thread
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2005, 21:17   #34
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

You do realise you are not limited to just using cr, right?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2005, 01:42   #35
lokken
BlueTuba

I don't care about your mass whining, i just want results, and preferably a photo of the top 50 planet owner's face when he sees his fleet get stolen in its entirety.

I have set a challenge, and I expect results!
Unread 7 May 2005, 18:20   #36
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

1up will win this round btw, didnt you hear ?

Atleast Ill sleep with a clear concience knowing we didnt "bend" any rules
Unread 7 May 2005, 20:50   #37
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

and another: oh the bad eX are all cheaters post
pretty sad...
Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2005, 21:06   #38
MrPedantic
Banned

MrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
and another: oh the bad eX are all cheaters post
pretty sad...
Oh but they are.
Proving it to a point that the pateam can act upon is the thing though - but cheaters they undoubtedly are.
some people dont change
MrPedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2005, 21:09   #39
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I don't care about your mass whining, i just want results, and preferably a photo of the top 50 planet owner's face when he sees his fleet get stolen in its entirety.

I have set a challenge, and I expect results!
pity zhil wasnt on a webcam when forest stole his fleet.
mind you neither are exactly in the top 50
Unread 7 May 2005, 23:59   #40
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

I believe I haven't seen any Exil players posting yet. Unless I have and didn't know they were Exil.

Also,for some odd, preverted reason, I'm looking at this thread and thinking that maybe the purpose of this thread is to imply that Exilition are 1up multi's?

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 00:21   #41
lokken
BlueTuba

The only 'odd thing' i spot from exilition is that they've often gained massively when nigh on every other alliance has gained bar a couple who could nowhere near supply or warrant their roidgain.

The logical conclusion would be farming, but i can't prove it, nor wish to accuse it when no one can substantiate it.

simply hope the PA team catches those who are cheating. Otherwise you have to grin and bear it.
Unread 8 May 2005, 02:33   #42
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
simply hope the PA team catches those who are cheating.

Ive heard alot of the PA teams super duper multi hunting tools this round, yet ive yet to hear any exi being closed.

This leads to 1 of 2 conclusions. Either exi is playing a clean round, or the 1337 tools were just a bluff.

If we all are going to start assuming, ill assume the PA team have a faint idea of what they are doing and exi is clean thus far.
Unread 8 May 2005, 07:58   #43
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The only 'odd thing' i spot from exilition is that they've often gained massively when nigh on every other alliance has gained bar a couple who could nowhere near supply or warrant their roidgain.

The logical conclusion would be farming, but i can't prove it, nor wish to accuse it when no one can substantiate it.

simply hope the PA team catches those who are cheating. Otherwise you have to grin and bear it.
This now seems to have stopped, and the 5 percent roid gains at 7AM when no major alliance has lost any roids doesnt seem to happen now. Someone got too big for certain targets?
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 08:06   #44
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

Yes. I reckon someone telling me that the 14 biggest eXi planets cant attack valid target list anymore. That also goes the signs of winning time is starting. Its really hard to stop cheaters from winning indeed.
Unread 8 May 2005, 10:19   #45
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
Ive heard alot of the PA teams super duper multi hunting tools this round, yet ive yet to hear any exi being closed.

This leads to 1 of 2 conclusions. Either exi is playing a clean round, or the 1337 tools were just a bluff.

If we all are going to start assuming, ill assume the PA team have a faint idea of what they are doing and exi is clean thus far.
there were a fair few of them closed earlier on in the round.
I dont believe in coincidences.
Personally, for me - "where theres smoke, theres fire " rings true
Unread 8 May 2005, 13:29   #46
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
This now seems to have stopped, and the 5 percent roid gains at 7AM when no major alliance has lost any roids doesnt seem to happen now. Someone got too big for certain targets?
Quite. I've received a pm from Almeida saying that it is currently impossible, and I agree with him. I got a pm on IRC from someone who was presumably Exilition, but refused point blank to defend his alliance on the forums, which is his choice.

What I didn't detail (and what I probably should have done) was this was something i saw a couple of weeks ago or more. It's something I would corellate with farming, but I can't prove it, so I won't accuse EX of farming, as it would be a futile act. Anyone who takes that post as me accusing an alliance of cheating is wide of the mark. I'm merely putting forward possible conclusions by looking at certain figures.

All I can do is recommend people come to their own conclusions and that PA team close cheaters whatever their alliance.

People will make their choice as to who wins very shortly, and I'm pretty confident as to which choice that will be.
Unread 8 May 2005, 15:58   #47
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

I'm not convinced about the farming. There's a couple of Exilition members in my galaxy and, while I haven't checked every single outgoing fleet they've ever sent, I've seen them hitting what look like "genuine" targets often enough to convince me that they're not farming.

They're simply playing a very shrewd round - LCH being ahead of them for much of the round has meant that LCH had more incoming. The fact that much of the #1 alliance (WP) is unable to hit Exilition due to agreeing to planetary NAPs (NAPs which still allow them to hit LCH/ToT) also makes defending their roids much easier. While everyone else is engaging in a tit-for-tat roid-swap, Exilition are making a fairly regular profit by simply losing fewer roids than they steal. As any good Risk player can tell you, the secret to winning often lies in not being the guy who gets hit hard when everyone else plays their last cards.

I'll go out on a limb and predict that Exilition could win this round even if neither of their allies are in the top 5 (a scenario that doesn't look entirely unlikely atm). Despite it being a very good night for their block, LCH are currently up only 0.8% in roids, following several nights of roid loss. Once more they seem destined to be the bridesmaid but not the bride.
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2005, 07:19   #48
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

How about the endless amounts of def fleets from Exil (or whoever they are coming from at this point tbfh).

Can all alliances check their arby's to see if Exil coords are actually defending other alliances? Or -- you know... there has got to be a way to prove that they're cheating or not.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote