User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:09   #1
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
how fast can a bloke learn...

to program?
There might be a job opportunity for me on a software company, and they have a program wich deals with law suits and all the shlteh that runs around in a courthouse or any other place that is filled with law suits, anyways, i figure they have programed it on c++, or delphi, maybe, the question is, how long would it take me to learn the basics of this things so i wouldnt have much trouble in unsderstanding the general concepts? by learning on the net?
i understand about html editing, if that helps, and all the n00b knowledge that you get after being in touch with computers for 6 years...
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:12   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
This entirely depends on how dedicated you are. Triump of the will, etc.

Are you good at maths? Have you even got BASIC experience? Learning from scratch might be hard, but if you're willing to stare at function lists until you go blind, I'm sure you could do it in a few months.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:14   #3
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: how fast can a bloke learn...

Is there only one job in the whole of Brazil and it requires a skill you don't have?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:16   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: how fast can a bloke learn...

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Is there only one job in the whole of Brazil and it requires a skill you don't have?
Maybe he doesn't want to be a footballer.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:17   #5
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: how fast can a bloke learn...

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
you see this job is kind of ilegal (i wont enter in detais) but its fairly easy for me to be accepted in said company, and also i would receive big bucks.
I cant be arsed to look for jobs that pay that much and asks for no qualifications, mainly because, well, there arent any
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:18   #6
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Think about a day, but depends on how hard you concentrate.
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 21:29   #7
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
I really expected to read.....
"how fast can a bloke learn to kiss properly"
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 21:34   #8
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
I really expected to read.....
"how fast can a bloke learn to kiss properly"
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
you see this job is kind of ilegal (i wont enter in detais)
Since when is c++ used in prostitution?
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 23:24   #9
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Programming is a lot like a beautiful woman....

Of which you have no idea, so give up dood. die you bitch.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 23:31   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
If youre gonna do something illigal, you should not post about it on a public forum.

Anyways, i dont know heack about programming, but i do know that crashtester probably is right.
ON this one.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:06   #11
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Some people can sit down with a programmers refrence manual, without having ever programmed anything but the vcr, and learn to code over the weekend. Most people, especially the not brilliant ones, will take years to learn anything of even remotely commercial value.

Can you bluff?
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 07:06   #12
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
Programming is a lot like a beautiful woman....

Of which you have no idea, so give up dood. die you bitch.
this is the best reply in this thread.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 07:31   #13
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Do many people use the word 'bloke' in Brazil ?

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 07:46   #14
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
Do many people use the word 'bloke' in Brazil ?

Vaio
he's a gimmick remember. the "I can't get a woman" strategy has died, so now he is using an "I can't get a legal job" one instead.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 10:30   #15
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
go back to being a love-struck loser.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 11:12   #16
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
Surely you could learn the basics of c++ in about a weekend, if you set your mind to it that is.
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 11:19   #17
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
he's a gimmick remember. the "I can't get a woman" strategy has died, so now he is using an "I can't get a legal job" one instead.
At least I could relate to the first one. This Muslim sucks!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote