User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Mar 2003, 00:01   #1
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Makain is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Elizabeth Smart Found Alive - 9 Months after being Kidnapped

And who saw this coming? This almost always ends in tragedy. What i don't get is that they found her 15 miles from her home....

Elizabeth Smart Found Alive

Quote:
CNN - Developing Story
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (CNN) -- Salt Lake City police said Wednesday that missing teenager Elizabeth Smart was found alive in a Salt Lake City suburb earlier Wednesday, and her uncle told CNN she has been reunited with her family.

"We just believe in miracles and thank God she's alive," Tom Smart told CNN by telephone.

He said the reunion involved her immediate family.

Sandy City Police Sgt. Michelle Burnette said two people called police with a tip that led them to a certain address.

"Two separate women called in and said they thought they had spotted `Emmanuel,"' she said. Emmanuel's real name is Brian David Mitchell. He is a drifter who had once done work on the Smarts' home.

Elizabeth, now 15, was wearing a wig when she was found, The Associated Press reported.

Elizabeth was abducted at gunpoint from her family's 6,600-square-foot Salt Lake City home June 5, 2002, while her parents and four brothers slept. Her younger sister, Mary Katherine, 9, who was in the bedroom with Elizabeth, witnessed the abduction.

The younger sister said she pretended to be asleep and later said the kidnapper had threatened to hurt Elizabeth if she didn't keep quiet.

Last October, Mary Katherine told her parents that "Emmanuel" looked like the man who had taken Elizabeth.

Police earlier had focused on 48-year-old handyman, Richard Ricci, calling him "a possible suspect."

He was later imprisoned for a parole violation stemming from burglary charges related to the Smart family. Ricci died in the Utah State Prison August 30, 2002, when he was taken off life support following a brain hemorrhage three days earlier.
Makain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 00:04   #2
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
You were about two seconds ahead of me

Ain't that some shit though?
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 00:30   #3
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Salt Lake City + Religious Fanatic = Mormon
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 00:34   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
Salt Lake City + Religious Fanatic = Moron
fixed lol
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 03:12   #5
Makain
Macintosh Defender

You do know that I meant Mormon right?
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 03:24   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
You do know that I meant Mormon right?
Yes he did.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 04:53   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
nice they found one alive for a change.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 05:20   #8
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Casey

I remember when they reported a girl missing, Casey I think, found her body 2 hours later, arrested the homeless guy who was staying in the house the night before at noon, and were talking about the Death Penalty at 8:00.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 20:16   #9
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
so why did dace kidnap her?
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 20:39   #10
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm technicaly a mormon.

I hate it.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 20:40   #11
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
i'm technically a moomin.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 20:43   #12
Dave
Infallible

Wow.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 20:48   #13
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
I'm technicaly a christian, but ill be honest with you chaps and chapesses, i just cant be arsed.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 20:52   #14
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I'm technicaly a mormon.

I hate it.
How can you be part of a religion if you don't want to be?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 20:53   #15
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough
Why did they mention the exact size of the house? Is it relevant?

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 20:56   #16
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Helveticus
Why did they mention the exact size of the house? Is it relevant?
Yes. Its immensely more important when rich people's children are kidnapped.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2003, 14:04   #17
Dave
Infallible

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
With extreme ease.

When you have a father whose temper snaps in a second if he hears something he dislikes, and who also happens to be rather tall, rather huge, and a karate instructer.
Unread 15 Mar 2003, 09:05   #18
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
With extreme ease.

When you have a father whose temper snaps in a second if he hears something he dislikes, and who also happens to be rather tall, rather huge, and a karate instructer.
When I was 20 years old, I realized that I was stronger and faster, but still smaller, than my older male relatives. I did not take any crap from them after that.

I assume that you are not yet 18. Learn how to defend yourself. Take responsibility for your actions. Get a good job so that you can support yourself and practice whatever religion you want.
Unread 15 Mar 2003, 11:26   #19
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain T'Bolt
It was fun raping her
troll
Unread 15 Mar 2003, 11:49   #20
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
How soon before Brian David Mitchell is compared with osama fs?

They both have silly beards and drift around pretending to be prophets!
I smell a rat...
Unread 15 Mar 2003, 20:29   #21
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
The same way that you are a discordian, whether you know it or not. (Along with every other man, woman, child and alien on the planet.)
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote