User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Mar 2003, 23:24   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
gry puzzles

everyone's likely to have heard of the gry puzzle but I saw an article with variations (with different answers)

#1 is likely to have been the one you've heard (altho the answer I find confusing ... : o)

GRY #1
There are 3 common words in the English language that end in GRY. ONE is hungry and another ONE is angry. The third ONE is as common as the other ONEs. EveryONE knows the third ONE. If you have been paying attention, I have given you ONE clue after another.
What is the third word?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRY #2
ANGRY and HUNGRY are two common words that end in GRY. However, there are three words in the English language. What is the third word? It is something you use every day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRY #3
I know three words that end in GRY. They are very common words that most people use often. Can you tell me the three words? Here's a hint: ANGRY and HUNGRY both end in GRY.

GRY #4 This version is a giveaway when you see it in print, but when it is spoken it can be very baffling:

I am thinking of three common short words that each end in G or Y. One is ANGRY and a second is HUNGRY. The third word is even shorter and more common. You probably say it every day. In fact almost every English speaker will say the third word several times daily. I am certain you know it, but can you say what it is yet? If you have been listening carefully, I have already used it 3 times.

GRY #5 (Contributed by Tyler O.) I know two words that end in GRY. Neither one is angry or hungry. What are they?

GRY #6 I recently heard from Garison Piatt of a fifth version. He says that this version was given on a radio quiz show in 1965, long before any of the other versions appeared, so it is the orginal and correct version.

There are three English words with the letters G-R-Y in succession. What are they?
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 23:32   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I give up, primarily because my brain's turned to mush from this maths ****e.

Elaborate or leave.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 23:34   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: gry puzzles

Quote:
Originally posted by Androme2
There are three English words with the letters G-R-Y in succession. What are they?
Hungry, Angry, Gryphon.
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 23:37   #4
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
la la la
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 23:41   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Here's an English word I'm sure you're all familiar with:

Gay
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 23:45   #6
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
gry

\Gry\, n. [Gr ? syllable, bit.] 1. A measure equal to one tenth of a line. [Obs.] --Locke.

2. Anything very small, or of little value. [R.]
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 00:35   #7
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
language.
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 00:49   #8
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
In its proper, original form, the first two sentences have absolutely
nothing to do with the question: "Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry
and hungry are two of them." Ignore those two sentences. They are there
only to throw you off course. (And it worked, didn't it?) What's left
is the actual riddle itself: "There are only three words in the English
language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses
every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what
it is." The key is the phrase "the English language." In this three-word
phrase, the third word is simply the word "language." Get it? "Language"
is definitely something that "everyone uses every day"! Without that
quirky little twist, the puzzle would be just another trivia question,
not a riddle.

There you go, From here
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 02:11   #9
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Re: gry puzzles

Quote:
Originally posted by Androme2
GRY #5 (Contributed by Tyler O.) I know two words that end in GRY. Neither one is angry or hungry. What are they?
They're neither hungry nor angry, cause they're words!
W is offline   Reply With Quote