User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:36   #201
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: IQ Test Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
thats beautiful man

you punctuated me !

how rude
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:37   #202
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
if your parents were fish, would your intelligence be dependent on this fact?
if my parents were fishes i doubt, i would post on forums.

whats your goddamn point?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:38   #203
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
if my parents were fishes i doubt, i would post on forums.

whats your goddamn point?
my point is that your intelligence is clearly dependent on heredity.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:39   #204
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
look at your average council estate
think many of those spitting slouching idiot children have clever parents?
Erm, what's that got to do with anything?

1) If my parents were rich, why would I end up on a council estate? Even if I was chronically stupid, why wouldn't I just live with them or somesuch? Not that people who are on council estates are "stupid" per se anyway (I maybe biased since that's where I grew up and I don't really consider myself such).

2) Most Protestants have Protestant parents.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:39   #205
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
from my expirience, i can tell you that children of doctors, lawyers (you know academicians) are those who are kind of idiotic.
http://www.yourdictionary.com

for goodness sake people
we are in a thread about intelligence

if you insist on trying to use long words please at least check to see if they exist first

(we are talking about intelligence rather than behaviour
few teenagers dont behave like morons)
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:40   #206
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
While I support your efforts against hyperbole, I think this is being unhelpful slightly.

I mean we're talking about variation between individuals (i.e. why some people have high IQ scores and some have low IQ scores). If there's a useful genetic argument to hear on the subject of variance then let's hear it.
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:40   #207
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
you punctuated me !

how rude
I plead guilty to your charge
But in my defence
I must invoke,
The claim of artistic licence.

For what creativity could be born unto the world
What momuments could themselves erect
If one were not permitted
To change our details as required.

How grey the skies would be
How low the sad wind would blow
Were not this indeceny permitted
In the name of Beauty.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:41   #208
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

we are not all gifted with english as the mother language
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:41   #209
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...&q=academician

Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:42   #210
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
heh.

p.s. Dissing non-native speakers of English for their language skills seems kind of pointless.
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:43   #211
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

no man that's ****ing intellectual
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:44   #212
madi
a little bit broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Erm, what's that got to do with anything?

1) If my parents were rich, why would I end up on a council estate? Even if I was chronically stupid, why wouldn't I just live with them or somesuch? Not that people who are on council estates are "stupid" per se anyway (I maybe biased since that's where I grew up and I don't really consider myself such).

2) Most Protestants have Protestant parents.
it was a visually descriptive sentence so that you would be able to easily know what i was referring to

i could have said

a group of cardigan wearing library card owning bespectacled young people probably don’t have fathers drinking special brew down the bookies

its called a generalisation
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:45   #213
Radical Edward

Quote:
heh.

p.s. Dissing non-native speakers of English for their language skills seems kind of pointless.
however dissing people who incorrectly diss non-native speakers of English for their language skills seems kind of cool.

Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:46   #214
madi
a little bit broken

Quote:
I plead guilty to your charge
But in my defence
I must invoke,
The claim of artistic licence.

For what creativity could be born unto the world
What momuments could themselves erect
If one were not permitted
To change our details as required.

How grey the skies would be
How low the sad wind would blow
Were not this indeceny permitted
In the name of Beauty.
ok
and its madeline smith btw
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:46   #215
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
its called a generalisation
Yeah, I got that bit. I was more referring to "how is the movement (or lack of) of people in a given society proof of genetic inheritability of intelligence"?

Have you read the Bell Curve? They basically outlined your argument for 800 pages and managed to fit in some stuff about the blacks. You really should give it a read if you've not done.
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:47   #216
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
http://www.yourdictionary.com

for goodness sake people
we are in a thread about intelligence

if you insist on trying to use long words please at least check to see if they exist first
like i do give a flying ****.
ohh see it is as a compliment, you intelligence is that superior, that you understood what i meant, although i used a wrong word in that context.

Quote:
(we are talking about intelligence rather than behaviour
few teenagers dont behave like morons)
it is not how they behave, it is what they talk.

Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:47   #217
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
however dissing people who incorrectly diss non-native speakers of English for their language skills seems kind of cool.
Yes, that was ace.
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:48   #218
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:

Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:51   #219
Radical Edward

Quote:
While I support your efforts against hyperbole, I think this is being unhelpful slightly.

I mean we're talking about variation between individuals (i.e. why some people have high IQ scores and some have low IQ scores). If there's a useful genetic argument to hear on the subject of variance then let's hear it.
I will just repeat what I said earlier:

I think the only really useful questions we can ask are things like "All other things being equal, in what way does genetics affect the maximum intelligence"
(assuming we even define intelligence in the first place, perhaps we should replace it with something like "ability in certain tasks")

There is undoubtedly going to be a variation between individuals as a result of their genetic makeup, just as there is undoubtedly going to be variation as a result of their upbringing, how many times they were hit in the head with a brick and so on. we can only really look at the effect of these things if we take all other things to be equal, but of course they never are, except perhaps the genes being the same in identical twins - but even this is kind of useless, since the way the genes function is in itself a reaction to the environment, which the genes then adjust either directly or indirectly in a hideously complex feedback loop of mindboggling proportions.

Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:51   #220
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
ok
and its madeline smith btw
http://www.celebrity8x10s.com/Mercha...=smithmadeline

is this u? U r hot :)
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:53   #221
Radical Edward

Quote:
Yes, that was ace.
why thank you, good sir

it was either that, or

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=colon

Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:53   #222
madi
a little bit broken

Quote:
like i do give a flying ****.
ohh see it is as a compliment, you intelligence is that superior, that you understood what i meant, although i used a wrong word in that context.

english isnt your first language
i am sorry
not about you being from another country
but about my abrupt reply in response to you not knowing the word academic

i find it rather frustrating sometimes that people dont check the validity of the words they use
perhaps i should be more concerned about those who dont check the validity of what they are saying
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:55   #223
Radical Edward

Quote:
i am sorry

i find it rather frustrating sometimes that people dont check the validity of the words they use
perhaps i should be more concerned about those who dont check the validity of what they are saying
you do know right, that academician is a word. insert it into the site you mentioned, and you'll see what I mean.

Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:55   #224
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

insight is the first step to improvement.

Unread 8 Feb 2004, 18:57   #225
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
i am sorry

it's funny hearing you speak about checking validity and such
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 19:00   #226
Radical Edward

Quote:
absolutely

Unread 8 Feb 2004, 19:02   #227
madi
a little bit broken

my nail polish has now dried properly
(why i was sat here)
going to have a bath
and leave you to argue amoung yourselves
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 19:05   #228
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

it is okay to post on forums, you dont have to bring up an excuse, atleast not on a forum

Unread 8 Feb 2004, 19:07   #229
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

your departure will leave us in darkness and confusion
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 19:20   #230
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

madi is the internet personification of the worst stereotype ever.
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 19:24   #231
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

14th most replied-to thread \o/
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 19:42   #232
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

madi 19:37 Viewing Thread
IQ Test Question

I guess she decided to do her toenails as well
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 19:52   #233
madi
a little bit broken

drying my hair before going to make some tea

that is freaky stalkerish btw
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 19:54   #234
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Unread 9 Feb 2004, 18:06   #235
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point

The answer to #34 isn't there... It should be o∞. (With ∞ having a bit of overlap.)

A vinyl record can be a cd (one side of a cd can be coated with vinyl, but a cd can't be a cassete tape (at least, it wouldn't spin properly without messing up the cd drive, or it wouldn't be the right shape to fit in a cassete player), and a vinyl record can't be a cassete tape.

Actually, C would be a possibility, because a vinyl coated cassete tape could be played on a record player without shaking too much due to its rectangular shape, as the record player could be made to spin slowly.

Quote:
It has been scientifically demonstrated on numerous occassions that IQ correlates strongly with all other objective indicators of intelligence.
Mmmm, vacuous truths...
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2004, 18:49   #236
Nodrog

Cyp!!!! :) :) :) :)