User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Mar 2003, 23:24   #1
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Hey m.ar.d

This has been bugging me for a while..

If you're from Iran, as previously told, how tight are the restrictions on internet use? I would think that some of the opinions you are recieving on this forum could be construed as 'crimes against islam', or something like that.

And what are your feelings on the impending iraqi invasion? I know that Iran and Iraq haven't been the greatest friends ever, and since we all know that Iran is next in line for bush's holy crusade of regieme change, how do you feel about that?

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 23:30   #2
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
he lives in germany, so there are no restrictions
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 23:31   #3
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
What does "m.ar.d" actually mean anyway? Is it just an abbreviation of a long name?
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 02:31   #4
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
He lives in Germany?

I thought he said he lived in Iran..

oh well..

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 03:54   #5
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
That would explain a few things.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 06:16   #6
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
best I can tell, he's iranian descent rather than actually iranian.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 12:43   #7
m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
What does "m.ar.d" actually mean anyway? Is it just an abbreviation of a long name?

mard means MAN in persian.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 12:49   #8
m.ar.d

Re: Hey m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
This has been bugging me for a while..

If you're from Iran, as previously told, how tight are the restrictions on internet use? I would think that some of the opinions you are recieving on this forum could be construed as 'crimes against islam', or something like that.

And what are your feelings on the impending iraqi invasion? I know that Iran and Iraq haven't been the greatest friends ever, and since we all know that Iran is next in line for bush's holy crusade of regieme change, how do you feel about that?
I have alot of relatives in Iran . I ran away 12 years ago.
well there are officialy no restrictions.
But everyone knows that they are being monitered by the bastardos in the secret agencies.
so everybody is very carefull to say nothing political.
you can get in alot of trouble if you do that.

My feelings about the crisis is very clear.
An idiot has been elected to be the president of usa:

IN HIS INFINITELY DUMB SPEECH OF 29.1.2002 he called Iran iraq and north korea the axis of evil.
Now Iran and north Korea have started building nuclear weapons. He has allowed sharon to destroy the palestinian authority government and destroying any hope for peace.
This man is a dumb and dangerous leader.
And he has to be stopped before he destabilizes the entire world.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 06:10   #9
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Re: Hey m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by m.ar.d
An idiot has been elected to be the president of usa:

IN HIS INFINITELY DUMB SPEECH OF 29.1.2002 he called Iran iraq and north korea the axis of evil.
Now Iran and north Korea have started building nuclear weapons.
I hate to interrupt a good rant, but both Iran's and North Korea's nuclear programs began long before Bush's "Axis of Evil" speech and even Bush's Presidency. Iran began construction on their heavy water facility at Arak in 1996 and their enrichment facility at Natanz in 2000. North Korea's nuclear program first came to light in 1993.

Bush may be an idiot, but if you think Iran's and North Korea's nuclear programs have anything to do with him then you're no smarter.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 07:54   #10
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
mard means MAN in persian.
Shouldn't your nick be spelt "مرد", then?
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 12:33   #11
m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyp

lol
you forgot that in persian and arabic we write from right to left. so you got it backwards.
you actually wrote darm .

by the way how do you get the persian Font to work i HTML ?
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 12:36   #12
m.ar.d

Re: Re: Re: Hey m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
I hate to interrupt a good rant, but both Iran's and North Korea's nuclear programs began long before Bush's "Axis of Evil" speech and even Bush's Presidency. Iran began construction on their heavy water facility at Arak in 1996 and their enrichment facility at Natanz in 2000. North Korea's nuclear program first came to light in 1993.

Bush may be an idiot, but if you think Iran's and North Korea's nuclear programs have anything to do with him then you're no smarter.
thats no rant.
Noth koreas nuclear ambition were on halt after the negotiations with jimmy carte and the clinton administration.
they only started it again after Bush called them part of the axis of evil and started the iraq crisis.
If you think that the sudden activities by both iran and north iraq are not the product of bushs idiotic foreign policy, you are no smarter than he is.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 12:38   #13
m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyp

"درم"

is correct
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 15:33   #14
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
lol
you forgot that in persian and arabic we write from right to left. so you got it backwards.
you actually wrote darm .

by the way how do you get the persian Font to work i HTML ?
Quote:
Also posted by m.ar.d
"درم"

is correct
Actually, I didn't forget it's written from right to left... In my browser, "مرد" has "د" on the left, and "م" on the right, and the "م" and "ر" are automatically written together. What browser are you using?

As for getting it to work in HTML, I wrote http://geocities.com/fnorddaemon/esrever/unicode.html to change characters into HTML-thingies, just paste into the top box, then copy from bottom box. Requires Javascript, and a Unicode browser. Might require IE, as I haven't tested on other browsers. Might also require removal of Geocities ads (by saving the page, and editing ads out in Notepad), as Geocities ads are incompatible with just about everything in existance...
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 15:46   #15
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey m.ar.d

Quote:
thats no rant.
Noth koreas nuclear ambition were on halt after the negotiations with jimmy carte and the clinton administration.
they only started it again after Bush called them part of the axis of evil and started the iraq crisis.
North Korea is estimated to have enough fissionable material for 2-5 bombs. It would have taken them several years to produce that much material plus additional time to build the new facilities necessary to produce it (their original facility was mothballed until a month ago). Do the math.
Quote:
If you think that the sudden activities by both iran and north iraq are not the product of bushs idiotic foreign policy, you are no smarter than he is.
The only thing sudden about their activities is that the international community is starting to take notice of them.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 16:27   #16
m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyp
Actually, I didn't forget it's written from right to left... In my browser, "مرد" has "د" on the left, and "م" on the right, and the "م" and "ر" are automatically written together. What browser are you using?

As for getting it to work in HTML, I wrote http://geocities.com/fnorddaemon/esrever/unicode.html to change characters into HTML-thingies, just paste into the top box, then copy from bottom box. Requires Javascript, and a Unicode browser. Might require IE, as I haven't tested on other browsers. Might also require removal of Geocities ads (by saving the page, and editing ads out in Notepad), as Geocities ads are incompatible with just about everything in existance...
Im using OPERA 7 ( yeah al that add NODROG did somehow convinced me).
and yes you are right, I used IE now and your first post was totally correct.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 16:29   #17
m.ar.d

Oh and thx for the tipps, Ill try it out.
Itll be great using it to write some emails in persian to the relatives .
thanks alot man