User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 22 Nov 2017, 20:05   #1
Dorf

Dorf has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Changes to the art of war

As it looks at the moment, the game is driven too much by politics and blocks. I had an idea that could encourage playing with more dynamically politics.

Reduce the general roidcap to 10%.
Roidcap with war should stay 30%, but give war some kind of diminishing returns. Means for each subsequent war with the same alliance the cap is reduced by 10%.

I was also playing around a bit with limiting gangbangs of 6vs1 but every idea I was thinking of was abusable by friendly fire/red defense.

Any thoughts?
Dorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2017, 02:19   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Changes to the art of war

Paging mz to this thread.

There's plenty of options to go with this, though Im not sure a hard cap should be one of them.

I was going to post a thread after the round was over looking at several different things including Quest rewards and such but I don't have the data to make it "legit". Maybe these types of threads can get rolled into one once the round is over?

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2017, 14:24   #3
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

I had an idea while driving home from work yesterday.

What if we introduce a cost for keeping alliances and naps alive.

Cooperation comes with a cost afterall (NATO administration to give an example).

The cost could be a fixed rate of resources, or something based on value (bigger alliances contribute more) or...

Add to this that only 1 (for Lack of a better term) block can be at war with 1 other block we'd atleast finally have a cost for blocking. (Also, a cost for having a support tag). The return of investment should mean blocks break up sooner.

Every alliance that hits a block that's at war would automatically be added to the opposing block.

Just a stream of toughts rather then a fullblown feature, but there you have it
Unread 23 Nov 2017, 15:23   #4
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

I like the idea of a cost of keeping naps/alliances, would also throw in going to war
Perhaps naps are an upfront cost and alliances/wars have on going costs.
War could be exponential the longer the war goes for the more costly it becomes have minimum ticks of war at 72, but it continues and can be canceled after 72 ticks have passed may reduce long term gang bangs

As for OP
i was thinking about this also, and thought a cap on amount of incs you can send an alliance outside of a "war" might be an idea. would stop HC's sooking about the amount of incs they're getting from certain alliances, and would remove some of the back alley politics. you could say cap it at 30 fleets any more an it auto declares war, and would tie in nicely with the above.
Unread 23 Nov 2017, 15:42   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd already read the thread, but didn't really know what to think. One, this is a core part of PA, and experimentation is dangerous. It might turn out terrible. Two, the core parts of PA are where players have most to gain from gaming the system. I'm not convinced this is a fool-proof idea.

Costs for alliance relations: that'll just make everyone have their NAPs outside of the game again. I like the openness of alliance relations these days (even knowing that the ingame page is not a complete representation), and would hate to lose it.

Capping the amount of incs an alliance can get: for the love of god please don't. How many incs alliances can handle varies a lot, and whatever cap you implement will hurt low ranked alliances way, way more than top alliances. In addition, high ranked alliances can send more value in fewer fleets than lower ranked alliances, making the number of fleets a bad measure.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2017, 15:54   #6
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

The longer the war the greater the risk of anarchy would be nice (0.5%/tick?)... anarchy would stop when war ends.
Some form of governments could resist better, with a lower increase per tick (totalitarism, nationalism).
Unread 23 Nov 2017, 16:48   #7
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Capping the amount of incs an alliance can get: for the love of god please don't. How many incs alliances can handle varies a lot, and whatever cap you implement will hurt low ranked alliances way, way more than top alliances. In addition, high ranked alliances can send more value in fewer fleets than lower ranked alliances, making the number of fleets a bad measure.
There's no cap in what I suggested, there's just a cost involved for every alliance that joins a war.

About the fluidity: naps are still fluid. Don't see a reason to regulate that. It's blocks/wars that need something done.

The idea isn't perfect (yet), as i said, it's just something I wanted to put forward.

I've spent some time thinking about how we could avoid these godawful block-bashes and have consistently come up empty. As it stands: there's nothing negative about being part of a block. This is something I'd like to see changed.
Unread 23 Nov 2017, 18:31   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten View Post
There's no cap in what I suggested, there's just a cost involved for every alliance that joins a war.
Yeah, that part was a response to Blue_Esper. I could've been clearer there, sorry.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2017, 19:30   #9
Dorf

Dorf has a little shameless behaviour in the past

What about the possibility to declare war on a galaxy as alliance for 24ticks?

I still want to raise the feature with a diminishing return on the war bonus. Every subsequent war with the same alliance gives you 10% less cap.

Or maybe cap the percentage of roids an alliance can drop per day to 10%?

Make an option do give ingame naps a free duration between 24 and 240 ticks or whatever and give the option to have 1-2 hidden naps that don't appear on universe overview.

Create a quest for roiding 6 different alliances.

Create alliance quests. For example get rank #1 --> 10 more ally fleet slots, double tax income for 24 ticks etc...

Just some ideas
Dorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2017, 20:20   #10
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Galaxy or alliance quests or researches I like.

I have suggested before the fleet morale system. Similar could work for entire alliance.