User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 8 Jan 2009, 17:57   #151
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of
Re: r30 ship stats

there are already a lot of crash through and equal init combat combinations already. the calcs will almost always favour the attacker imo, unless you're attacking some retard that doesn't know how to run his fleet - even so the defense probably wouldn't make even with salvage.
Unread 9 Jan 2009, 10:15   #152
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

looks interresting with 3 pod types
Unread 9 Jan 2009, 12:15   #153
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

xan looks too good to me.
the fi is pretty imba this round

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2009, 16:01   #154
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

i will just have to steal some xan fi then

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2009, 17:25   #155
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
xan looks too good to me.
the fi is pretty imba this round
What do you feel is the best tactic and how would it best be brought more into line with the rest of the stats?
Unread 10 Jan 2009, 17:36   #156
Rio
Denial

Rio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
What do you feel is the best tactic and how would it best be brought more into line with the rest of the stats?
Looking at it the only reason i think that fi looks like the best fleet is as 4 out of 5 races has a good anti fr/de ship at fi/co class, making it very difficult for someone to play this pod class without getting mass deffed everytime.

Im not sure what you can do about this now, but to me as i hate playing cr/bs for the two ticks of def, it makes fi/co the only option or playing a very hard round as fr/de.
Rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2009, 17:48   #157
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
i hate playing cr/bs for the two ticks of def, it makes fi/co the only option or playing a very hard round as fr/de.
fr/de also has 2 ticks of def... but generally i agree that the fr/de is the weakest of the 3 meta-classes under these stats, their attack fleets are always slightly weaker because unlike the other 2 they can be hit by all 3 so their attack fleet has to protect itself in all zones (admittedly Cr/Bs can only be ingal) this is increased by on average poor init vs the cr/bs that shoot at fr/de, and not great init vs the fi/co shooting up either.
Conversely they sometimes concentrate all their ships in 1 meta class and thus gain a sort of bonus in defence.
Unread 10 Jan 2009, 17:53   #158
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I agree on fr\de being the weakest class and i guess there will mainly be fi\co and cr\bs roidingfleets(aswell as deffleets?) this round
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 00:38   #159
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Patrick says (00:37):
how about a Co which targets Fi (either as t1 or t2) with init 4/5? maybe the harpy? (or switching the Harpy to init 4 right away, but i don't think JBG would approve of that )
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 00:56   #160
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Xan FI really arent THAT great to be honest, you have to build three types of fi\co and theyre really quite shit versus DE it would seem.

If Xan is so good just go them?
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 01:03   #161
Inforza
Holland is GVD het HARDST

Inforza is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Xan FI really arent THAT great to be honest, you have to build three types of fi\co and theyre really quite shit versus DE it would seem.

If Xan is so good just go them?
now you give them ideas i wanted to go xan and pwn them

WP SiN eXilition 1up CT SubH Ascendancy Apprime
Inforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 11:18   #162
isildurx

Yeah thats the whole thing. I think people who whine about xan fi being to strong now is people who refuse to go xan and just try to make xan fi as shit as possible in order to make 'their own' race stronger.
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 12:44   #163
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

As i said before, i dont think xan fi is all that. Take cath for instance.. xan have to build either to stop their de or to stop their fi.. put the same value fleets together vs xan and you only stand a chance to stop one.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 12:45   #164
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Xan FI is probably the strongest fleet on paper.

How well it performs in reality depends on what everyone else builds. If there is a good mix of FI, CO and FR/DE class anti FI in the uni then xands shouldn't be overpowered because they'd have to invest so heavily in all 3 of their FI/CO ships. If there's very few harpy/interceptor, then I suspect xands will be able to concentrate on their vsh/pulsar fleet and will do much better.

In that case, CR terrans should have a better round.

Last edited by Gate; 11 Jan 2009 at 17:09.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 13:32   #165
isildurx

The fact that xans have to build one more fi than usual does make quite a big difference and yes perhaps xan fi is very strong on paper but the fact is that they are going to struggle vs DE and they cannot invest too much into fi\co because then they are going to be completely open to cr\bs inc.
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 16:04   #166
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The fact that xans have to build one more fi than usual does make quite a big difference
They have two fighters, as they did last round...?

Quote:
and yes perhaps xan fi is very strong on paper but the fact is that they are going to struggle vs DE
There's only two DE roidfleets though, and one is EMP (zero loss defense + salvage ftw) so I really don't see a struggle...

Quote:
and they cannot invest too much into fi\co because then they are going to be completely open to cr\bs inc.
Cross defend

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 17:06   #167
isildurx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
They have two fighters, as they did last round...?
Yeah fi\co one more small ship than last round nehow

Im not saying xan isnt good, I just dont think that its too good and needs to be nerfed any further.

Maybe beta(lol) will prove me wrong, but I do not think that will be the case.
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 17:13   #168
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yeah, I agree there. They're definitely not "too good" or need any nerfing.

Lol beta lol

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 17:53   #169
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Lets all play cath and have a nice, friendly, 0 loss round, deal?
Unread 11 Jan 2009, 17:55   #170
Cochese
Retired

Sounds wonderful and cuddly.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Jan 2009, 22:57   #171
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

so whats the latest on stats now the private beta has started?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2009, 23:16   #172
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
so whats the latest on stats now the private beta has started?
There's a private beta on? Man let's hope nobody's going to base anything on something as retarded as that.
Unread 13 Jan 2009, 23:48   #173
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

I don't really understand the idea behind having Xan BS, but other than that this rounds stats certainly show some new dynamics.

Although it might end up a FI heavy uni and just end in xan vs xan wars.
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 12:40   #174
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
I don't really understand the idea behind having Xan BS, but other than that this rounds stats certainly show some new dynamics.

Although it might end up a FI heavy uni and just end in xan vs xan wars.
Or an alliance with plentiful terrans and good anti FI def having a whale of a time.
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 12:46   #175
isildurx

I think its going to be hard to have both to be honest
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 16:40   #176
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

While there are combos which can roid xans, the thing is that if u go for those races / combos u will just end up being fi/co waved to the ground, and be unable to build value.
How can anyone go ter cr and survive in this environment? will have to xp hoe and or defleech like crazy.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 17:07   #177
isildurx

Not like xan doesnt have a gaping anti cr\bs hole.

If there is alot of ters then xan is gonna struggle, if there is a lot of xans then ters are gonna struggle. Hopefully there will be some form of balance.
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 17:19   #178
Wishmaster
LDK

how likely is that though?
I m guessing like 35-40% xans.
And its not just that..its that the ter anti fi/co is really utter useless, unless u go FR, and even then u will end up in a situation where u need ingal FR to cover u, or full cover pretty much from FI/CO.

Quote:
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 17:29   #179
isildurx

Yeah well JBG has said that cath\ter might be upgraded if the beta implies that they are underpowered.

If Terrans purely build CR and FI it means that they can invest alot of value in harps and this will make it hard for xans to roid them unless the xan pumps alot of res into phants.
Afterall harps can be used to fake CR aswell so having alot of them isnt necessarily that bad.
I do guess xans will have quite a bit more phants than the other two FIs though due to fr\de probably being the weakest megaclass.
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 17:30   #180
isildurx

Quote:
Heh then its going to be a painful round for xan fi where alliances will rely on their xans to build phants as a defship and a huge amount of 0 loss deffleets flying around the uni.
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 17:47   #181
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Terran CR would be an option if the harpy could compete with Xan FI.

That said, if most people are fi/co then with good cross defending and a powerful cr/bs fleet one of these people would have more potential to win, but at a much higher risk.

The cathaar co fleet looks like a bad option this rnd, the CR is similar situation to Terran CR.

Plenty of potential for zik, and ETDs are in for a very interesting round with 4 pod classes, all sorts of flight ideas may appear there.
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 19:52   #182
isildurx

Seriously, if terrans split their fleet ~~60% Cr and ~~40% Fi then i am convinced that it is possible to survive unless you start losing value.

http://beta.thrud.co.uk/index.php?loadfile=beta12398a0

Here both races has 40%~~ in deffleet and 60% in attackfleet. It really isnt THAT bad if you ask me..
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 20:11   #183
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
And its not just that..its that the ter anti fi/co is really utter useless, unless u go FR, and even then u will end up in a situation where u need ingal FR to cover u, or full cover pretty much from FI/CO.
I'd recommend going 100% xan bar scanners. Any strategy beats no strategy.
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 20:25   #184
Wishmaster
LDK

you recommend 100% of the universe to go xans?

A universal strategy your talkign about?

Quote:
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 20:29   #185
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

If you recommend strategies like that maybe you should be altering your stats again...
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 20:37   #186
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
If you recommend strategies like that maybe you should be altering your stats again...
Yeah, because that's going to solve fundamental issues about targetability in planetarion.

Quote:
you recommend 100% of the universe to go xans?

A universal strategy your talkign about?
In the grand history of things I don't care about this is certainly pretty high up there so I'm just going to ignore any posts like that in future.
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 20:39   #187
Wishmaster
LDK

I think hes trying to be somewhat witty, and trying to say Omen should do that.. not that I see why he would say that. but thats my guess! and also its more about any strategy is better than no strategy. But that has also been said before in this thread. Basicly I dont understand his post, and its rather shit

Quote:
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 23:04   #188
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Are we going to get an independant (non-asc) review of the stats before they are finalised?
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 23:33   #189
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
Are we going to get an independant (non-asc) review of the stats before they are finalised?

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 23:39   #190
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
or talk someone from another alliance into caring about the stats and sharing their ideas
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 23:45   #191
Cochese
Retired

Yeah, that too.

If such people exist anymore...and judging by the dead-zone these forums have become, I'd say they don't :/

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 23:49   #192
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm
cant you do it?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 23:52   #193
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

we have thats why im asking, is pateam going to review these stats to either chuck them out or nerf xan
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 14 Jan 2009, 23:54   #194
Cochese
Retired

No offense to PA Team, but if they were capable of making a decent set of stats, they would.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 15 Jan 2009, 00:00   #195
[DDK]gm

they are too busy coding to care about stats
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 15 Jan 2009, 00:11   #196
Cochese
Retired

You just answered your own question then.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 15 Jan 2009, 01:29   #197
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
You should see some of the great hidden strategies I talk about in #ascendancy while laughing at everyone else thinking I might have wasted my time creating an interesting set of stats and asking for reasonable suggestions to make them more balanced

Anyways, here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to make the harpy 40% harder to kill. Unfortunately they've taken away my beta access (or I've forgotten my password, who cares) but once I get it back that's what's in line!
Unread 15 Jan 2009, 01:37   #198
Cochese
Retired

Increase Xan Fi initiatives to 9/10 ish while you're at it, that should "fix" things!

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 15 Jan 2009, 07:47   #199
isildurx

Shame if xan gets nerfed just so CTs who plan on going Terran can make their race the best.
Unread 15 Jan 2009, 11:25   #200
Gate
;D!

Quote:
I think its going to be hard to have both to be honest
Like I said before, depends on race split.

Xands need lots of vsh to stop cutlass, but they also need lots of pulsars to nullify the init 5 FR (of which there are 3...) and lots of phants. Since ziks will probably build cutlass, the only thing phants are useful for are self def and stopping harpies.

If harpies aren't massively abundant in the uni, I would be inclined to go more vsh/pulsar heavy, making terr look better.