User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 Dec 2004, 00:44   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
overclockers.co.uk

good or bad?
i just bought a gfx card from them and ive heard mixed reports about their customer service...
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 12:59   #2
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Re: overclockers.co.uk

I bought my case off them ~3 years ago, but apart from that I've not bought off them at all really. I've heard lots of mixed reports about the customer service not being all that spectacular.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 13:12   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

It's not the best but I just buy off them for giving a really cool low price on some products
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 13:25   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

always been fine for me.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 13:43   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

been fine for me, ordered a few times off them now, never had a single problem.
also, i think that MrL buys pretty much everythin off there, and with teh amount of computer stuff he owns, he must like them!
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 13:52   #6
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i just got loads of stuff from them like a month ago, arrived on time in perfect condition
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 14:03   #7
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
I bought my case off them ~3 years ago, but apart from that I've not bought off them at all really. I've heard lots of mixed reports about the customer service not being all that spectacular.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 14:21   #8
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

pm 'RIT' on IRC.
he works there.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 14:23   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
good or bad?
i just bought a gfx card from them and ive heard mixed reports about their customer service...
Customer service isn't top notch, but on the other hand most other places are worse. The site is easy to navigate, and they're good at getting the stuff to you on time.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 14:37   #10
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/chart.php?1
http://users.hexus.net/companies_lis...JjaF9jaGFyPTc5

There are plenty with a better rep than OCUK.
Basicly if your product is fine then there's no problem. Should there be a problem you can expect unco-operative staff and rude responses.
In several cases they will simply lie, or make claims that are clear cut fraud (while accusing their customers of doing the same) to prevent you returning items (read the 3rd user review on Hexus for a typical example of their "escapdes"). They really need to learn that phrase about the customer always being right.

Last edited by meglamaniac; 22 Dec 2004 at 14:44.
meglamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 14:40   #11
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my current PC came half from novatech and half from OCUK. The latter half was more expensive, had no delivery information, and terrible customer service when we wanted to 1) change part of the order and 2)check availability on something. Novatech, however, I'm rather fond of now.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 14:42   #12
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh and they delete any post trying to complain/get answers from their forums, as I have found myself on the one occasion I ordered from them before it all went horribly wrong.

TBH i'm surprised no-one's reported them to the OFT yet, they really are that bad.
Find yourself a decent retailer from the rankings on Romulus or Hexus.
I would recommend Kustom, as they have excellent customer service, deal swiftly and promptly with problems (and do it with good grace, another lesson OCUK missed), and will go to incredible lengths to help even potential customers (such as ordering specific parts on request in some cases).
I have used them several times, and on one occasion when I emailed to ask the ETA for stock of an item I had a reply within 30 minutes, not only giving a date but an apology explaining that their supplyer had let them down and an offer to set one aside for me despite the fact I hadn't even ordered it yet.

Last edited by meglamaniac; 22 Dec 2004 at 14:48.
meglamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:33   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wow, Watford Electronics. They're a name from the past.

[edit]

To be perfectly honest, I don't buy from overclockers any more. I find what I want on overclockers, then get it from ebuyer.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:35   #14
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

also a name from watford
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:37   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
also a name from watford
And a name from the UK!

We can play this game for ages, can't we?
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 16:03   #16
Llew Silvr Hand

Llew Silvr Hand is infamous around these partsLlew Silvr Hand is infamous around these parts

I used to buy a lot off them. Good prices and service but now I use Micro Direct (http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home.aspx) because they are closer, cheaper and offer excellent customer service.
Llew Silvr Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 16:03   #17
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well, thats me well and truly told
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 16:15   #18
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
my current PC came half from novatech and half from OCUK. The latter half was more expensive, had no delivery information, and terrible customer service when we wanted to 1) change part of the order and 2)check availability on something. Novatech, however, I'm rather fond of now.
living a few miles from novatech, and having been to their factory/showroom, they're a fine bunch, and bought my comp from them with minimum fuss.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 16:16   #19
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
And a name from the UK!

We can play this game for ages, can't we?
could, i have work to do.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 22:54   #20
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Ordered about £3000 worth of stuff from them last year.

Apart from them trying to charge me for it 4 times everything was cool, one call and it was all sorted too.

Thumbs up from me.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 23:07   #21
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

so far so good....its arriving tomorrow.

however i did have to phone up (multiple times due to engaged tone). once i finally got through he 'forced through' the order

it wasnt going to make it unless i did it even tho their website said it would arrive next day.....

(christmas rush apparently)

lets hope the card is ok.
Unread 23 Dec 2004, 12:40   #22
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Watford Electronics.
my dad worked for them, back in the day when they were based in a sitting room.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2004, 15:54   #23
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
pm 'RIT' on IRC.
he works there.
If that's true then make sure you don't mind handling 'touched' goods.

Just another vouch for that any sorta idiot can run a pc store.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2004, 20:14   #24
JammyJim
Godfather

the card arrived this morning....i havnt tried it because its a 'christmas present' but im praying that it will work.

otherwise i forsee much shananakins.
Unread 24 Dec 2004, 12:51   #25
Guess!!!

Guess!!! is an unknown quantity at this point

OCUK used to have absolutely fantastic customer service, and I knew that everything they sold on there was a good quality part and not a piece of crap (thus saving valuable time searching through reviews) alas now they seem to have gone down hill on both counts.

To sum up these guys customer service they will now do and say absolutely anything, even to the point of questioning your skills and intelligence and if the circumstances require the skills and even the intelligence of their own staff if what they say backs up your argument. Considering I used to buy exclusively from them for these two reasons it's a real shame.

Oh and btw DO NOT buy corsair memory from these guys if you live in the UK, as soon as the memory exceeds it's one year warrenty they will not refund or replace it, even though it's got a lifetime warrenty, despite the fact that according to Corsair they are supposed to due to the fact that Corsair has no UK presence and no real way of dealing with UK returns. So in other words if you buy it from these guys and something happens to it you won't be able to get it replaced. This cost me a lot of money...
Unread 24 Dec 2004, 13:29   #26
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
i just got loads of stuff from them like a month ago, arrived on time in perfect condition
me too
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2004, 14:26   #27
flikman
Idiot

flikman can only hope to improve

Some dodgy stories by the looks of things.

I ordered a gig of corsair 2700 ram which turned out to be faulty and waited a month for a refund..nothing seemed to be happening and the money didnt arrive in my bank as it should have.

A call to OC ? Turns out the member of staff handling it had been 'fired' for negligence and hadnt done any work...who knows :/
Unread 24 Dec 2004, 15:04   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess!!!
OCUK used to have absolutely fantastic customer service, and I knew that everything they sold on there was a good quality part and not a piece of crap (thus saving valuable time searching through reviews) alas now they seem to have gone down hill on both counts.
I used their customer service twice; once in 2002 and once in 2004. There was a marked difference in quality.