User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Jul 2004, 08:19   #1
SOL

SOL is on a distinguished road
gal scores

i think having the attack restriction on gal scores like we have when attacking people with a lot lower score than yourself would help the smaller gals grow
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 10:15   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: gal scores

Only problem is a big player in a small galaxy would have a field day. I mean my galaxy atm where I account for the majority of the galaxies score would see me off limits to most people whom could potentially attack me. This would then mean I was able to go out roiding people knwoing that most of them couldnt come back with their alliance as they wouldnt be able to launch.

Also you then see tragets decrease which increases the pressure on the few who can be hit, thus making the game more boring for attackers as theres fewer targets and more boring for those being bashed
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 17:27   #3
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: gal scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Only problem is a big player in a small galaxy would have a field day. I mean my galaxy atm where I account for the majority of the galaxies score would see me off limits to most people whom could potentially attack me. This would then mean I was able to go out roiding people knwoing that most of them couldnt come back with their alliance as they wouldnt be able to launch.
That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing though. As PA seems unable/unwilling to do much about inactive accounts, limiting attacks based on galaxy score would be one way to help players who get stuck in an inactive galaxy. Think of it as compensation for being in a crappy galaxy.

The downside would be that small planets in large galaxies could be bashed. That would probably have to be fixed.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 21:20   #4
Mouse

Small planets in large gals don't usaly get bashed tough. since say a 500k planet is in a gal where the avarge planet is 1mil then if the 500k guy is attacked he'll have 9 other planets who probably are biger then the attacker defending him. Although if you mean a 3mil guy beeing able to atack him cus of gal score thingy then your right. Should probly set a limit like the one that's currently beeing used cept a bit looser and add the galaxy thingy. That would realy help the few actives who land in tiny inactive gals. And might encourage new players to stick around.
The downside would be that it's easely abused since a large planet could avoid incommings by exciling and ending up in a tiny gal. but it seems that anything PA does ends up beeing far frome perfect
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 10:29   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

although at first i wasn't too struck by the idea, as Tactitus said it would help the big players stuck in inactive gals no end. It'd put more emphasis on organised attacks (gal/alliance/BG) for players in big galaxies though - people wouldn't be able to sit there as a small player in a big galaxy and hit nice small targets, because they'd not be able to hit most of them, and so they'd have to go and hit bigger galaxies, and probably need to team up etc. = more organisation, and so harder for "new" players (without anyone to attack with) in bigger galaxies to get roids.
ok, now I'm not sure what I think :S
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 10:45   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I just fear we could see a good player sit in a poor galaxy and win the round because they have basically made themselevs untouchable. They generally cant be hit by the smaller players because as a good player they no doubt have a good alliance who can fight off most smallish attacks and they cant be touched by people in bigger galaxies as their galaxies too small. Thats the type of abuse thats really going to piss alot of people off, its one things for players to abuse a feature to try and win when everyone else can respond to knock them back down but when they can abuse it and no-one can do anything about it we are looking at a whole bunch of unhappy players
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 16:00   #7
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: gal scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I just fear we could see a good player sit in a poor galaxy and win the round because they have basically made themselevs untouchable.
Well nobody wants that. I think it would be possible to adjust individual scores (or values) by some percentage of the gal average to get the desired effect.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.

Last edited by Tactitus; 3 Aug 2004 at 14:50. Reason: fix typo
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 16:39   #8
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Anything that artificially limits the availability of targets is a bad thing imo. If my pool of available targets is reduced, then I'm going to end up simply hitting the same planets night after night - boring for me, and probably not much fun for them either.

This suggestion could also even lead to a scenario where the GC of a galaxy (often also the largest planet in the galaxy) exiles the other large planets in order to lower the galaxy score. Rewarding people for having low scores just doesn't seem to make sense to me. Rather than making sure people don't get attacked, I think a greater emphasis needs to be placed on encouraging the attacked to stop being the victim and go out and make some attacks of their own. Perhaps then they wouldn't need low-score protection
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 17:55   #9
wakey
Hamster

The problem with your theory ComradeRob is that to acheive what you want the planets need ships, without ships theres no use them being encouraged to attack and the reason for greater protection is to give them this ability by making it less likly that they are bashed to peices. This suggestion imho isnt the way to do it and your right that on the whole artificial limits do increase bashing as certain planets just get picked on due to lack of targets but something needs done to make it easier for planets to have ships to attack with and not the situation many have where they return and find that they have had a kill fleet land and wipe them out
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 18:03   #10
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

The ship stats this round make it really easy to attack. You have two pod classes, and all you need to do is find a target that is weak against those pod classes. For small planets this is really easy, as there are lots and lots of other small planets with weak fleets.

Unless you're really unlucky and have a 'kill fleet' arrive on the same tick as your fleet returns, then you could go a whole round without ever losing a ship in defence, and only log in twice per day. Just set your fleet on a pre-launched attack/defence, 11 ticks in advance, and log out. If you get attacked in that time, your fleet will not take part in combat as it is viewed as being 'out' by the game, even if it hasn't really left your planet. When you log in 12 hours later, just cancel the order and launch your fleet on an attack.

If all you ever lose are roids, then you have no problem - roids are easy to replace, and every time you replace your roids you gain xp.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 18:14   #11
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
If you get attacked in that time, your fleet will not take part in combat as it is viewed as being 'out' by the game, even if it hasn't really left your planet. When you log in 12 hours later, just cancel the order and launch your fleet on an attack
Where does it say that in the manual?

I certainly dont recall reading that anywhere, although the tactic imho isnt one thats good for the game anyway as its removing more of the community aspect of the game. If someone can make their ships untouchable in this way then theres no need to interact with an alliance or your galaxy as you wont have ships to offer them defensivily or require ships defensivly
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 02:45   #12
ComradeRob
wasted

Since when has the manual been accurate?

imo it's a pretty good way for people in crap galaxies who can't login 24/7 to save their fleets. They can still get roided (and that's all that any attacker cares about), so I don't really see the problem.
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 19:40   #13
SOL

Gal Attack Limit

we use restrictions so the bigger people cant rape smaller guys,so how about with gals?

i was in a random crap gal this rd and we were being hit by 1/2/3 guys in MUCH bigger gals than us but we couldnt retal because of the size of the rest of their gal (this happened quiet a few times to )
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 19:45   #14
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gal Attack Limit

If we had that in place, then the larger players in smaller gals would be safer from those in t20 gals

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 19:47   #15
SOL

thats a bad thing?
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 19:50   #16
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Yes.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 20:06   #17
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

it also makes attacking harder, which, given that attacking is already hard is just bad, as it reduces the number of targets

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 20:09   #18
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOL
we use restrictions so the bigger people cant rape smaller guys,so how about with gals?

i was in a random crap gal this rd and we were being hit by 1/2/3 guys in MUCH bigger gals than us but we couldnt retal because of the size of the rest of their gal (this happened quiet a few times to )
You joking right ?
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2004, 20:25   #19
The Real Arfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillGhost
You joking right ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOL
thats a bad thing?
I don't think he is

Unread 26 Aug 2004, 21:49   #20
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Life is meaningful because of people like you \o/

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 14:56   #21
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Exclamation Re: Gal Attack Limit

This has been suggested before. See this thread for a more detailed discussion of some of the pros and cons.
Unread 27 Aug 2004, 15:35   #22
wakey
Hamster

Merging into his original thread. SOL please refrain from duplicating thredas
The Farnborough Crew