User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 8 Mar 2004, 01:46   #1
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
R6B & SG Finals

Well a Thread like always!

Congratz to all players of R6B!
Congratz to cbk for having #1 planet.
Congratz to zmeu for having the highest ranked planet without donating!

R6B won last 4 speedrounds we played and this round was clearly won by bad politics. Ofcourse I played a big part in making them, but I had a little more competition in mind

Clearly a lot of complaining in my pm's. A lot of things which where said where not true, but that always happens. The people who know me good enough know the real story anyway and I only care about those people.

I did had fun! It cost loads of preparation but I had a damn good team again!
Killghost
Krogzar
Seqz
Yama
Frenchtown
Zmeu
Zerocore
Desse
Teddy_Bear
Suave
Kilroy
Newt
Cypher
Snowseal
Eddie_v
Adastra
Kaifux
Gresnik
Wishmaster
Nanomatrix

I would also like to thank Cbk's gal(Some I really count as R6B) and Visions who ofcourse helped us!
Special mention for Desse... His galaxy won for the 4th time, so if you wanne win next speedround make sure you are in his galaxy.

|R6B| Signing off
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 01:51   #2
Eddie_V
NAC Breda > *

Eddie_V is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: R6B & SG Finals

\o/

been #1 planet and I stopped playing 5 rounds ago...

thnx to all of [R6B] and cya again next speedround.
Proud to have been Adelante
Proud to have been Fury
Proud to have been Eclipse

Proud to be a part of R6B
Cya in tha next speedround
Eddie_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 01:56   #3
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve

thx all been nice playing with ya there where some nice times
§pa¢e¢ook¦e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 02:01   #4
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
but I had a little more competition in mind
You do know only 10 gals qualified for these finals don't you?

I was really expecting a better excuse than this or at least a decent apology
Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 02:03   #5
eXcessum

eXcessum is an unknown quantity at this point

10 gals ... 3r6b. supposing all the gals were of high quality (having qualified...) and very anti-r6b cos of our reputation from past speed rounds ... don't think you can blame thunder . he wasnt to know that you'd all be shite.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 02:07   #6
Blazde
Elysium

But he did know many of the qualified couldn't play or had qualfied twice. And he did ally 5 of the gals. And he did see from PT1 that there were only 8 gals playing.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 02:32   #7
eXcessum

eXcessum is an unknown quantity at this point

ally 5 of the gals? 3:6,3:7,3:3 allied ... 2:8 napped = 3 allied + 1 nap. you are right though, once ticks started it was obvious the competition wasn't up to it. even jsut 10ticks in the top4 were pulling away. but thunder's a man of high integrity and wouldnt backstab :[ whether or not pa is the place for such virtues is another matter.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 02:52   #8
FernandeZ
The good old times

FernandeZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I will thank my galaxy 2:8 and all that have bin playing with me. I have had a very nice time and some not so nice.. But when I writhe this I know that I have bin playing with some very good players and friends. And that it was nice to be playing with r6b. Thunder is a person that I really respect. He will never break a promise and never let his friends down. It was sad that Vision did only have 1.5 galaxy In the final. I believe that if Vision had 2 full galaxy. We could be fighting fore the 1 place.

And congrats Desse with your victory

Thx 2:8 it was a good fight at the end.

1 Antonio Vivaldi || deZz
2 Goddess Xclusive || Myztica
3 Pirate Caribbean || Lonestar
4 haven goodness || maric
5 Hatjo Warcraft III || Ghetto_Jesus
6 Queen The Damned || fighter
7 Doctor Detroit Players Ball || uthor
8 Regulator Destiny || Murfdawgg
9 The Slickest The Slackers || Mikesrealgood
10 End Innocence || Lonely

Thx m8s
FernandeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 03:58   #9
Argilus
KniV HC

Argilus is an unknown quantity at this point

well done R6B

hope i can attend next speedrnds again
All through the night.

Argilus, Seraphim Guardian Angel
Argilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 06:48   #10
Hazzy
Man U hater

Hazzy is on a distinguished road

Congrats R6B, you are the best bunch of speedgame players i have played with so i know its a deserved win.

Regards [R6B] Haz
Hazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 07:38   #11
Uthor
Peon

Uthor is on a distinguished road

Yup Congtrats on the win, see ya next SR
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 07:53   #12
^MDK^MAN^
Registered kickass gamer

^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about

Thunder: ffs u did same shit in SG3 so dont come and say u had more "competetion in mind"

Lameass chickenshit powerblocking

But u guys sure now how to make galbashing attacks, 50+ fleets Incoming every 20 min
^MDK^MAN^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 08:07   #13
Mad Matte
Elysium Shepherd

Mad Matte is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have had higher thoughts of you (R6B and VsN), if not for your complete lack of wanting to win.

But then again I have never played a speedrnd to want to become second place, and be happy if I achieved that...

About the 4 or 5 galaxies, correct me if I am wrong but 3:9 was a R6B galaxy?

Kind of sad the ppl that quallified chose to fight for R6B instead of their other gals though...
Mad Matte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 08:35   #14
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Congrats Bulls

But this clearly shows the qualification system sucks. Not enough gals to make the speedround interesting. Next time plz keep it on one day, no qualifications/finals shit...
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 09:21   #15
Rudmer
Former Eclipse HC

Rudmer is an unknown quantity at this point

congratz,

next time I will cancel my vacation.
lets hope for some more action next time

r4 n00b r5 still a n00b (APC-Silver)
r6 PINK[BULL] (Silver-Elysium)
r7 BLACK[BULL] (Elysium)
r8 [Adelante] -> [Fury]
r9 [Eclipse] Officer
Speedgames --> |R6B| says enough...
r9.5 and r10 [Eclipse] HC
r10.5 [MISTU]
Rudmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 10:06   #16
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Matte

No it wasn't.

And indeed after tick started it was obvious we where overpowered. Just make sure next speedround has only 1 weekend and people try to organise doing something against us. I've put loads of preperations into these speedrounds. It's work that has been build since the first speedround we played in R6. It's not only playing, it's building a team and a reputation. 80% of the people i've played with no exactly what I mean and trust me blind. This payed off in the last 4 speedrounds. Where the first two where won by having a minority, the last two where won by bad politics.

R6B never gave up during all other speedgames also those we lost, a speedround has 2 days. If 3:5, 1:10, and 1:6 would have kept playing and try to rebuild we would have had more difficulties. We've been in there position, completly destroyed, waved to dead. But we won one round coming out of such a position. As long as you keep on playing. Having 50% of your team playing on a lan helps ofcourse, also I know 95% of the dutchies IRL, which helps as well.
I know some dirty tricks which would have brought us in serious difficulties, but nobody tried or where smart enough to use them.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 10:15   #17
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I've dinged about 12 levels this weekend tanking Hecklers in Adonis, which give a nice average 500k xp each, drops platinum ingots which sell well at regular shops, need to get my weapon replaced though and get a better agression taunter like Mongo Crush but all is fine :-)

oh btw grats [R6B]
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 11:11   #18
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Matte
It was VsN, hence the 1.5 VsN galaxies , we only had 3:9:10 that was R6B (Thunder.. scanplanet) The others played with VsN, to bad i was the only one left at some point as all my other galm8 decided to do a suicide run in the afternoon. Must have been some kind of miracle i was only attacked once after they quit playing... but hey, i ain't complaining

As for the politics... i don't really care about em i only started playing/signing up when the game was 10+ ticks underway, so didn't know what exactly was the plan, nor did i have a say in the organisation for a good deal of the time. We may have made some mistakes, but atleast we had fun (for a part) and learned how to play next time
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 11:42   #19
SeqZ

SeqZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Must say we indeed could have had a harder time, then again we had some loyal friends along. At some stage we really had difficulties, at least me and Desse had a hard time and i remember getting six waves from 2:8 which at least kept me occupied some time Hereby cheers to my galmates, allymates and all the players that supported/attacked us. Had a fun time again, hope u did as well.

eXilition
SeqZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 12:42   #20
^MDK^MAN^
Registered kickass gamer

^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
R6B never gave up during all other speedgames also those we lost, a speedround has 2 days. If 3:5, 1:10, and 1:6 would have kept playing and try to rebuild we would have had more difficulties. We've been in there position, completly destroyed, waved to dead. But we won one round coming out of such a position. As long as you keep on playing.

There was nothing more to play for, U guys dident stop wave us after we where down to even 50 roids, We tryed to build ... bam 50 more waves...

On sunday we tryed to build but then backstabbers like in 1:10 breaks alliance and starts to attack us, Well at that point it was sure doomed when the killed ones attacks eachother. But our tactic sure tought 1:10 even tho they had 2x more roids we beat em hahaha
^MDK^MAN^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 14:04   #21
Fredtje

Fredtje is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratz Richard and Elroy and all other players of R6B too bad i couldnt play the final weekend, but will be there again next one
Fredtje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 14:53   #22
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
R6B never gave up during all other speedgames also those we lost, a speedround has 2 days. If 3:5, 1:10, and 1:6 would have kept playing and try to rebuild we would have had more difficulties. We've been in there position, completly destroyed, waved to dead. But we won one round coming out of such a position. As long as you keep on playing. Having 50% of your team playing on a lan helps ofcourse, also I know 95% of the dutchies IRL, which helps as well.
I know some dirty tricks which would have brought us in serious difficulties, but nobody tried or where smart enough to use them.
Its hard to build up when your alies cant b bothered any more [1:6 exiled round the universe and 1:10 just attacked us]

Its doubly hard when members of your galaxies were checking us every few minutes to see if we were in range, and attacking if we were no matter what our roid count was! (lo KillGhost, attacking a 7 roid planet to get 1 roind)

Its people like him that kill PA!

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 15:24   #23
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

they won, this is a wargame, not a popularity contest

rather than whining, why don't you make sure you win next time?

congrats r6b

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 15:25   #24
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Actualy too much crap is said here allready so let us try to get a few things settled.

Thunder admits that he made some bad politics in the beginning but to be honost I myself thought there would be a fight. Untill about tickstart I thought it would be my gal(3:3)+The 2 core R6B gals+ Thunder(scanner) aggainst the rest (beside maybe some of the planets in the gal Thunder was in(inactive VsN gal as Desse expressed it to me). So about 3 gals aggainst 5-6 gals. I say 5-6 gals cause I thought 10 gals was qualified.
Then some might say that it was obvious to see that there wasn't 10 gals in the game, but hey... in my gal there wasn't more than 5 planets untill some mins b4 the ticks started so no I don't really think it was posible to see.
That we had NAP with 2:8 came as a suprise for me, but I guess that is just how it is and not much to do about that now.

The only thing that really annoys me is that when we then finaly decide to have a fight aggainst eachother VsN ****s over that agreement.
Thunder and I talked about breaking it up and he told me that it would be a fully agreement to do so, so that there would be no hard feelings and that it would be 2:8(the VsN gal)+3:3 aggainst Thunder's 2 gals. Also Jurgen made agreement with dezz(think it was him but I could ofc go search trough the logs if someone will say otherwise) that we should fight aggainst Thunders gals so it was settled how it would be.
Ofc. we tried to get 1:10 and 3:5 to help in the battle aggainst Thunder's gals and I think we did. Not sure how much they really helped but they did help I think. But then 2:8 suddenly starts to attack us and suddenly its 3:3 aggainst Thunder's 2 gals+2:8 and instead of using the forces to attack Thunder's gals they use some forces to attack us. I know they also attacked Thunder's gals but there was no way at all that a good battle can come out of it when 2:8 breaks the agreement and start to fight aggainst the ppl they should be helping.
I know that many times we have seen ppl from 2:8 saying that they didn't attack us but well I can say nothing but bullshit to that cause I got pics of many of the attacks and I find incomings from that gal over and over again so its not really a matter to discuss.
Its just a shame that we break an alliance to have fun and then 2:8 destroys the only chance to have that... instead we happen in a situation where Thunder's gals have won for sure after just 1 hour and then we are back to not having fun...
At least good that 2:8 took the beating and that you didn't get #1 planet either, cause that would be hardcore lameness...
Looking in the mirror I should just have keept on being a wuzz and just keep the alliance and let the game stagnate for another 12 hours and then my gal would win by far because of roid advantage we had and because we had the smallest ppl which could have keept on roiding the small planets...
So noone can complain Thunder for much really (maybe for the first mistake in the beginning), but you can complain VsN for killing the only chance to make the game fun, cause a matter of fact is that if they have focused their forces 100% aggainst Thunder's gals together with the rest of us there would have been a very fair fight...

And well then back to the good things of it. I won the gam, but I ofc. want to dedicate the victory to my gal cause they did 9/10th of the work :-) And well then I will thanks Thunder for being a GREAT BC and the rest of R6B for the great teamwork we had the first day (especuialy KG and kilroy).
It was a strange way of winning but well, when you can't win with your gal you go for the next best which is victory to a planet... that it was me and not anyone else in my gal was just my luck.

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 16:14   #25
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

im so glad ive stopped playing speedgames and planetarion as a whole

there are just to much blocks and politics, and to little skill involved imo

nice to see another 'round' ruined by politics
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 17:33   #26
Rudmer
Former Eclipse HC

Rudmer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
im so glad ive stopped playing speedgames and planetarion as a whole

there are just to much blocks and politics, and to little skill involved imo

nice to see another 'round' ruined by politics
If you have nothing more to say than this, then don't..
plz stop reading the forums as well, if it doesn't bother you anymore then get the hell out of this community.

your comments are no addition at all

r4 n00b r5 still a n00b (APC-Silver)
r6 PINK[BULL] (Silver-Elysium)
r7 BLACK[BULL] (Elysium)
r8 [Adelante] -> [Fury]
r9 [Eclipse] Officer
Speedgames --> |R6B| says enough...
r9.5 and r10 [Eclipse] HC
r10.5 [MISTU]
Rudmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 19:41   #27
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Heheh.. nice job R6B, like a lot of others im sorry i wasn't able to play the finals..

Maybe next time..

Anyways thanks to all of R6B for their good teamwork and for Thunder for making it all possible.

Cheers,
Lord Dain
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:09   #28
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudmer
If you have nothing more to say than this, then don't..
plz stop reading the forums as well, if it doesn't bother you anymore then get the hell out of this community.

your comments are no addition at all

right....

was pointing out that people keep on making TOO big blocks, and that if p.a is ever going to be fun again it needs to get rid of ze uber blocks.
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:12   #29
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk100
but you can complain VsN for killing the only chance to make the game fun,

lallal, no matter what we would have done as VsN, we would have been blamed for making the speedgame "crap".

But Either way we would have played, we would be the one the blame in the losing sides eyes, and i think either way we would have taken the beating (which we don't care about). If we as VsN would have helped ya (3:9, 4 planets that were active at that time, and 2:8), R6B would have been beaten just like you were, cuz we expected 3:5 & Co to help you aswell, whether that happened or not i do not know, cuz i stopped keeping myself up to date with the politics after some private/personal issues.

Its easy to blame VsN and imho just bs, there were enough chances on playing the speedgame, anyone involved in the "major" block was just as much responsible. I myself realised the mistake we did after launching on 3:3, and short after they had several waves coming and leaving, we started to plan a hit on R6B. Which we did soon after when we attacked 3:7 and knocked them down some spots. After that you (3:3) however decided to attack VsN aswell like R6B started to do short after cuz they were pissed about the sudden attack. I don't blame R6B for being pissed, but the change was on our opinion needed to keep a interesting game going.

Once VsN was fighting R6B, you joined in on hitting VsN, creating the same situation you had on yourself? So blaming this on 1 single alliance is utter bullshit as you all have had influence on it in a way that could have kept a fight going till the end. R6B could have been taken down, but you also decided not to let that happen after we first hit you with R6B, too bad, ur loss, live with it
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:28   #30
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

ur just lucky i want playing eh
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 22:26   #31
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
lallal, no matter what we would have done as VsN, we would have been blamed for making the speedgame "crap".

But Either way we would have played, we would be the one the blame in the losing sides eyes, and i think either way we would have taken the beating (which we don't care about). If we as VsN would have helped ya (3:9, 4 planets that were active at that time, and 2:8), R6B would have been beaten just like you were, cuz we expected 3:5 & Co to help you aswell, whether that happened or not i do not know, cuz i stopped keeping myself up to date with the politics after some private/personal issues.

Its easy to blame VsN and imho just bs, there were enough chances on playing the speedgame, anyone involved in the "major" block was just as much responsible. I myself realised the mistake we did after launching on 3:3, and short after they had several waves coming and leaving, we started to plan a hit on R6B. Which we did soon after when we attacked 3:7 and knocked them down some spots. After that you (3:3) however decided to attack VsN aswell like R6B started to do short after cuz they were pissed about the sudden attack. I don't blame R6B for being pissed, but the change was on our opinion needed to keep a interesting game going.

Once VsN was fighting R6B, you joined in on hitting VsN, creating the same situation you had on yourself? So blaming this on 1 single alliance is utter bullshit as you all have had influence on it in a way that could have kept a fight going till the end. R6B could have been taken down, but you also decided not to let that happen after we first hit you with R6B, too bad, ur loss, live with it
Well, I don't really know what to tell you... You made an agreement with us and Thunder that you would be fighting aggainst R6B and you didn't stick by it... The simple fact that R6B got a VERY easy time winning because of that is enough to justify my accuse aggainst you... if you had sticked to what was agreed on there would have been tough fighting and it would have been the best for all...
It almost sounds like you are complaining that we attacked you after you had attacked us... well, what did you expect? did you expect us to keep on hitting R6B alone while 3 gals would attack us? We had no chance to do serious damage to R6B but we could do serious damage to your gal so our only chance was to fight aggainst you. When there is no hope to win you go for the next best... and that was what we did...
You just settled for the worst you posible could: To break an agreement made between the leaders in our alliance. How you ever think that can be a right decision is up to you but to me its pretty obvious that such a move can NEVER be right... otherwise it wouldn't have been agreed on by all parties.

We might not have had a chance anyways, but we for sure don't have a chance when you decide to fight aggainst your allies and not your/our enemies...
And VsN just as well as I know it, you know it too...
And well if you want to keep claiming that you think you really did fight aggainst R6B and not aggainst us, then just let me know cause then I should be able to dig up some more logs and screenshots giving more valid and exact proof for what I say... Would rather not want to bring it up as it would be a minor disaster for VsN and you would officialy be declared WUZZES... Untill now I will just let that view on your alliance stay with me and let the rest of community judge for themself...

At least happy that you took the beating by R6B too so that you seriously didn't get anything at all out of it... opposite to my gal which keept on fighting and actualy achieved something ;-)

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 00:12   #32
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:

At the moment you attacked us, we had 8 People not online(Most didn't bother waking up cause of boredom on saturday), meaning we had 12 people online + Myself(scanner). Other people pm'd me, we would not be able to make this and would die if I didn't do something. Only thing I did was JP to your galaxy, saw that 3:3 was hitting you as well I And got away with a small beating, reather then a big

Ofcourse I couldn't blame 3:3 for hitting you back, but apart from first 3 hours that hour was a quit interesting!
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 05:50   #33
Blazde
Elysium

Those that endured the insane bad politics of this speedgame final (and to a lesser extent all the qualifying speedrounds) might be interested in this thread on the suggestions forum.
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 06:51   #34
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

whatever happened i dont care anyways.

sad enough people block even in speedgames instead of having a gal vs gal fight.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 07:28   #35
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

If 2:8 or 3:3 had fought against R6B right from the beginning with the rest of us it would have been so much more fun and the game would have lasted for longer than it did.

Legator: 1 vs 1 galfights (without blocking) is still something I dream of and will propably never see in Planetarion.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 08:00   #36
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran
If 2:8 or 3:3 had fought against R6B right from the beginning with the rest of us it would have been so much more fun and the game would have lasted for longer than it did.

Legator: 1 vs 1 galfights (without blocking) is still something I dream of and will propably never see in Planetarion.

i find it sad that ppl doesnt even try and even in a 10 galaxies final 5 galaxies or so block....

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 08:43   #37
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
i find it sad that ppl doesnt even try and even in a 10 galaxies final 5 galaxies or so block....
Wasn't really like that legator. All eyes where focussed on defeating R6B. As there where 10 galaxy's and we had 3(2 pure) it could be a very hard round. Since I would have thought those other galaxy's would all play(rather then only three of the five). So there was a block on the other side, but it contained less resistance then what I had counted for. The nap with Vision was a gal to much, but I never come back on an agreement, but neither Vision did. So you can blame both. After tickstart there where only 3 enemy galaxy's, so for us it was ofcourse just a matter of time. I don't break a agreements on sided and both the Dragon gal and the Vision gal didn't want the same.

The only block left at the end where 2 pure R6B galaxy's. That could have been 8 vs 2, but the enemy was beaten down to far at saturday to try to play the sunday. I can't blame them for that, but you can win out of that position and R6B could have been beaten. Only it's not up to me to form a pact against us.

Ofcourse a gal vs gal war is the best. But i've created two R6B gals, and don't play in one of them so fighting eachother is something that won't be done. We are one big group and if just 1 wins it's good. I doubt other people will attack eachother if there best m8's are in the top galaxy's. Some ppl will, but I can't. When I started for real in R6 I had some people I knew, the rest I could bash to dead. Nowdays the community is so small you know everyone and I don't have a pure enemy left. For me, that's a real problem in playing nowdays
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 09:15   #38
Uthor
Peon

Uthor is on a distinguished road

I feel same as Leggy, no Blocks,Naps just a full all out war. See who is standing when the smoke clears. But that is a dream that will never come true. Maybe next Speed Round will be different , though I doubt it but we will see.
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 09:28   #39
Murfdawgg

Murfdawgg is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in 2:8, and I'm proud of how well the gal played.. as a group.

Our GC handled most of the politics setting us up in that 5 gal mega block, but he kept most of the information about the NAPs to himself (including having to warn another gal before attacking <-- someone said we were supposed to do that... right). When the top 4 gals were just sitting there waiting for someone to jump into our bash limit, everyone started to get bored and wanted to sleep or do something else.

Our GC left tagging 'away' and left us on our own, which was fine since he wasn't acting as a GC should anyways. Vision refused to sit back and wait for R6B to hit us; we also refused to watch R6B take the win without a fight. So, we (as a group) decided to hit 3:7. We put up a good fight and kept both R6B gals busy. 3:3 attacked a gal near the same time as we did, which ofcourse means we were working with them.. and that wasn't the case.

At that point, it was 2 (R6B 3:6, 3:7) vs 1.5 (VsN 2:8, 3:9) vs 1 (3:3 dragons afaik). So, it was all downhill from there for R6B. Desse said that Vision was going to give Dragons the win by becoming hostile to R6B, and that was a pretty terrible guess.

I have a lot of respect for the players in 1:10 who came back to play the 2nd day after getting extremely bashed by everyone. Had vision filled up our 2nd gal, the competition would have been different; however, we had trouble since 5-6 people had 2 planets in the finals (Desse played for Vision in SG1, but decided to play for R6B for the finals).

I look forward to dualing with R6B peeps in the future or working with them again. And as far as CBK calling VsN 'WUZZES', I know for a fact that we are definitely the opposit for standing up against the R6B gals on our own. (I'd continue to respond to CBK's post, but I won't stoop as low as he.)

I did have a great time playing, competing for the top planet for most of the round (for the third round) with two of my gal m8s, Lonely and my brother, Mikesrealgood. Thanks again for an eventful tournament.
r4: 36:20:16 BillehBob of Cletus'Dump - Karma
r5: 5:12:6 Sixth Force of Many - Karma
r6: 10:19:2 Wonders of Conscience - Ministry
r7: 31:24:5 Kyoui of Zenshin - MiN
r8: 49:3:4 -=master=- of -=puppets=- (122nd) - MiN DC
r9: 18:6:3 -= wonders =- of -= conscience =- - MiN/VsN DC
r9.5: 48:1:7 Denial of Failure - VsN DC
r10: 8:1:5 Wonders of Conscience - VsN FC
Pax Speedgame: r2 2:10:5, r3 2:8:2, finals 2:8:8 VsN

Last edited by Murfdawgg; 9 Mar 2004 at 11:19.
Murfdawgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 12:20   #40
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murfdawgg
Good post!
And well. As R6B only played SG3, we had 5 members who qualified in other SG's. IT really should be 1 speedround only, 1 random, 1 private. And although some people said it was boring, there where times where I had loads of fun. Althought it could have been much more
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 14:29   #41
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Wasn't really like that legator. All eyes where focussed on defeating R6B. As there where 10 galaxy's and we had 3(2 pure) it could be a very hard round. Since I would have thought those other galaxy's would all play(rather then only three of the five). So there was a block on the other side, but it contained less resistance then what I had counted for. The nap with Vision was a gal to much, but I never come back on an agreement, but neither Vision did. So you can blame both. After tickstart there where only 3 enemy galaxy's, so for us it was ofcourse just a matter of time. I don't break a agreements on sided and both the Dragon gal and the Vision gal didn't want the same.

The only block left at the end where 2 pure R6B galaxy's. That could have been 8 vs 2, but the enemy was beaten down to far at saturday to try to play the sunday. I can't blame them for that, but you can win out of that position and R6B could have been beaten. Only it's not up to me to form a pact against us.

Ofcourse a gal vs gal war is the best. But i've created two R6B gals, and don't play in one of them so fighting eachother is something that won't be done. We are one big group and if just 1 wins it's good. I doubt other people will attack eachother if there best m8's are in the top galaxy's. Some ppl will, but I can't. When I started for real in R6 I had some people I knew, the rest I could bash to dead. Nowdays the community is so small you know everyone and I don't have a pure enemy left. For me, that's a real problem in playing nowdays

i dont want to blame anyone and its not about vision, r6b or whoever, i just think a speedgame should face gal vs gal.....not alliance vs alliance or even block vs. block....if one starts creating a "group" the others does too and so on and so on...taht should be a wellknown fact by now.

only group should be the gal. but different people have different opinions

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 15:09   #42
Eddie_V
NAC Breda > *

but R6B is a tight group, most Dutchies know each other irl, how to brake that up.

although I would like to play against defwhore Cypher for a change, he would be so easy to beat without my 1337 def.
Proud to have been Fury

Unread 9 Mar 2004, 15:22   #43
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

if you go into a speed round without any allies you're running the big risk of other galaxies being allied and jsut totally cnutting you. too big a risk to waste £15 and a weekend on unfortunately. [ministry made the same mistake in r5 of ******** - 3 galaxies, 24 members, 4 not really playing ... were kicking ass till cathexis came with 100+ and ****ed the game up for everyone. so since then naturally ministry recruited a load of tosspots and so on... and hence now imo we have hte SHITTY block situations that we have.]
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 15:22   #44
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

TBH i just want to thank mainly seqz and eddie_v for sending me anti BS ALL the time:P hehehehe

rocks

defwh0ring is so much fun

it was fun... but i agree with stifler completely...
real planetarion > this tho
donating should be stopped. limits on funds HAVE to be put in spinner
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 15:23   #45
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

lol i thank him..and same time he says he wants to kill me:P how rude

atleast i got a mention tho:P
BAD SEQZ FOR NOT DOING THAT!!!!!
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 15:32   #46
Eddie_V
NAC Breda > *

Never had a thank you before so maybe I will change my mind now. and next time build some anti BS yerself, would save me so much trouble. btw Cypher I lost 0 roids this weekend, what about you ;-)

and indeed limits to funds should be implemented
Proud to have been Fury

Unread 9 Mar 2004, 15:52   #47
Wandows
[Vision]

Quote:
Well, I don't really know what to tell you... You made an agreement with us and Thunder that you would be fighting aggainst R6B and you didn't stick by it... The simple fact that R6B got a VERY easy time winning because of that is enough to justify my accuse aggainst you... if you had sticked to what was agreed on there would have been tough fighting and it would have been the best for all...
From what i heard all naps were off for sunday, adding us to neither side. We joined R6B on hitting you after they requested us to do that, we agreed as we also had reason to believe the beaten gals (3:5 & Co) would help you. But as soon as we realised that they weren't helping you (after the first hits on your gal). We changed our targets to R6B.

Quote:
It almost sounds like you are complaining that we attacked you after you had attacked us... well, what did you expect? did you expect us to keep on hitting R6B alone while 3 gals would attack us? We had no chance to do serious damage to R6B but we could do serious damage to your gal so our only chance was to fight aggainst you. When there is no hope to win you go for the next best... and that was what we did...
I never said i mind you hitting us, its the choise you make and part of the game we play. What i do mind though is that you are blaming only us for giving a easy win to R6B, when you decided to retall/hit us instead of R6B. This was at the point when we stopped hitting you (except for some retalls you did earlier) and attacked R6B. Would you have stopped hitting us and joined in on R6B, the game would still have ended differently. Cuz as far as i know we didn't attack you anymore after we started attacking R6B, except for some retallsmaybe.

Quote:
You just settled for the worst you posible could: To break an agreement made between the leaders in our alliance. How you ever think that can be a right decision is up to you but to me its pretty obvious that such a move can NEVER be right... otherwise it wouldn't have been agreed on by all parties.
Like i said, by my believes (and the other members too) all naps for sunday were off, there were only expectations. Whether we lived up to those is not the point.

Quote:
We might not have had a chance anyways, but we for sure don't have a chance when you decide to fight aggainst your allies and not your/our enemies...
And VsN just as well as I know it, you know it too...
And well if you want to keep claiming that you think you really did fight aggainst R6B and not aggainst us, then just let me know cause then I should be able to dig up some more logs and screenshots giving more valid and exact proof for what I say... Would rather not want to bring it up as it would be a minor disaster for VsN and you would officialy be declared WUZZES... Untill now I will just let that view on your alliance stay with me and let the rest of community judge for themself...
I never stated we didn't attack you, as we did. I am simply pointing out we were clearly not the only one making mistakes in their attack policies. You had the chance of beating R6B as did we, but like us you also took the wrong discission when it mattered. Would you have attacked R6B only once we shifted to hit them, the game would have looked alot different then it did. I can understand you hit us, and i don't mind, but you are also to blame in the win that R6B took.

Quote:
At least happy that you took the beating by R6B too so that you seriously didn't get anything at all out of it... opposite to my gal which keept on fighting and actualy achieved something ;-)

cbk
We did get something out of it: fun. You might not value that aspect of the game, but we do. We had fun fighting the fights we fought eventhough in the end we lost them big time.

And personally, i wouldn't take any credit for donating to the #1 planet if i did, but thats probably just me.
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 16:20   #48
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_V
Never had a thank you before so maybe I will change my mind now. and next time build some anti BS yerself, would save me so much trouble. btw Cypher I lost 0 roids this weekend, what about you ;-)

and indeed limits to funds should be implemented
'

i finished with most roids by far this weekend?:PP
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 16:21   #49
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:

We did get something out of it: fun. You might not value that aspect of the game, but we do. We had fun fighting the fights we fought eventhough in the end we lost them big time.

And personally, i wouldn't take any credit for donating to the #1 planet if i did, but thats probably just me.

amen
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 16:41   #50
Jurgen
The Ğragon

Jurgen can only hope to improve

the first day was the most boring day I've ever had in any speedround. Only reason that kept me playing was the promise for better sunday.

Well it didn't come out like that either cause of vision decided not to fight.

Indeed it would have been fun if vision would have launhced on the targets they took instead of launching on us (3:3). It was their decision ofc. and they thought it was a right thing to do. I still had way more fun during hte second day only shame that I got this gf whihc I talked with in the end rather than playing end of this "lost war".

Also for vision.. I found it tad funny when wandows came to pm me why we attack them not r6b after a couple ppl in my gal launched counters on their attackers lol.
The Forsakenlands - The Ğragon
Together we stand divided we fall.
--
Used to be a Wolf - When you once see a Wolf you are already surrounded.
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote