User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Dec 2002, 07:02   #1
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
BattleGroups.. How did they do?

Well this is a continuation of my thread a few weeks ago. First of I would like to have a general idea on how many BattleGroups there are actually out there. And then how they did and how they affected the round and alliances. The ones I know of are Insomnia, Critters/Ouzu (I think they are one and the same), Dragons (I think) and of course Plush.

I can only speak of in terms of Plush since I was a member in there and know how they worked. Not to be arrogant or anything but I think we worked quite well and as far as I know we didnt lose any (or very many) roids or ships and we were constantly attacking. It was quite fun working there and there always was something for our ships to do.

Since this round was very BattleGroup oriented and they appeared, at least to me, to have quite a substantial influence on this round, will alliances be encouraging or discouraging them? In some cases they provided they added 'edge' to spearhead, or eliminate, the attack on the enemy. In other instances they were a drain on the alliance and had no added benefit.

Just curious, and please try to avoid the "My BG was better than yours" type post too much, a bit of showing off is all right

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 07:04   #2
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
I was a member of F.E.A.R and it was pretty good, small member base so it was just like a galaxy, we did daily attacks and defended alliance lots, all was good.
i was second to last in score, and the next person was twice my score, so it was jam packed full of fkin good players, we got the job done :]
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 07:15   #3
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Drax, we lost roids, just we gained far more nightly to notice.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 07:15   #4
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
as we were nearly alone as an alliance and found our allied very late in the round we splitted our alliance into battlegroups.

that means mostly were from vision, we didnt have a tag or so but it was always the same bench of ppl which attacked together so i think its a bg.

and my bg did rather well, could attack bigger gals and we had only the support of our own members and we attacked random through the universe.

summary = attacks were nice but hard also, plantes got often defense.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 07:46   #5
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
this round i was in 2 bg's (different times of course)
and i actually liked them better than alliances.

actually they seemed to work exactly like alliances.. just well.. different :P
both BG's attacked and defended, which is really all an allianceless person needs :P
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 09:36   #6
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
Wink

I think my group did "ok"

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 09:37   #7
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
i've been in 2 bg's this round (different times) and they both rocked the scores were shockingly high both times hehe and the activity rocked

thx to all those lil bc's
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 09:56   #8
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
I started KnightVision with some m8's for attack and defensive. We had 34 Members, some people where part of an alliance, some not. What was clear in the first two weeks was that people hoped that KnightVision would cover there asses, ofc we wanted to do that, but there was no Mo's structure or night coverage to do that(most of us where dutchies). So launching at 3:55 meant get out of bed, press launch, and go back to bed, sometimes sending def, but most of the time people missed each other.

So we asked our members to join bigger alliance's for defence, we put most members in Fang cause we had some good Fang players (Fredtje, Foxman, H_Bozz, Itto, Krush etc...) myself joined Fury at that time. We had agreements with Lockhead and Killghost that we would take LDK/Titans targets each night, so we knew roiding would be harder. (We roid all kinda stuff in the beginning). So we had to say goodbye to some members (who where in LDK/Titans/Virus) and got some new members. Our member base was always around 35-45.

We always had an attack going on, but imho not enough. Our problem was that we weren’t the BG which you had to attack with. Because a lot of members had another alliance, they splitted there fleet or some days they didn’t attack with Kniv at all. Because I didn’t want the “attack with us or leave” kinda BG so I left it the way it was.

Another problem was our HC leaving one by one. Celeb and Tol left already before the round started, Varkentje discovered DOAC and didn’t pay attention to planetarion anymore. Fredtje got roided by Titans at a retall, havind CPU problems for 4 days bringing him back to half to size he was, also falling a sleep in class didn’t help. So he quit as well. Argilus and I where left, and for myself, I got not much time, only online 2 hours a day, and was mainly there for the start-up and entertainment. But I tried to do as much as I could. Ligh7ning took over the attack part…

About score, we have had 2 top10 players, RJD who was Nos when he joined, WP when he left. But we couldn’t fill his desperate scream for roids. He joined mid-round.
H_Bozz was there from the beginning, being top10 till he quit the game. It’s good to have good ranked planets in your BG, it’s what you are fighting for! I don’t know how many top100, 250 players we had, but you need 2 hands max for that.

We had joy we had fun, and I want to thank all players small or little, active or less active. They helped Kniv and that is what count to me, we weren’t the most successful BG, but we kept some Titans/LDK fleets busy on daily base, and created room for others to get some roids.
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 10:21   #9
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
RYB worked pretty good.

Top 250 roidcount for all 20 involved all the time (not score since some of us liked to sleep over etc) .. when newsscans arrived etc we started becoming idle .. but we did a gal every night. .. a top 100 gal sometimes 2.

And the parties of RYB rocked more .. /me feels coming thursday is going to rock

Theamion
RYB HC posse.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 11:45   #10
Darki

Insomnia was a battlegroup founded by me and girlee.
Adelante was seperated in attackgroups. I choosed about 20 ppl I`d like to play with, cose I knew em from previous rounds and played with em in galaxies/clusterallies/battlegroups/allies.
all of em very skilled players, and of course at a nice activitylevel.
we were the #1 Adelante attackgroup (hello DTA, yes we owned u). DTA and Insomnia got most of the "special" attacks, the clusters that HAD to die.
and most of the time we did a good job roiding our targets.
then Adelante splitted and we went to Fury.
we performed pretty good, except some inactive guys (hello Olrik :P) and most of the time we had 2 top10 players and ~5 guys in the top50.
then girlee got bashed badly and became pretty inactive. so Damon and vibu took over girlees work. thx to JainaSolo also, she organized alot of attacks at this stage of the round.
I for myself became pretty inactive too, and I`m very very sorry to my ppl. but my exams started and I had to leave pa cose of that. my Computer did the rest and died so I didnt even had the chance to say goodbye to u guys.
to summarize it, Insomnia was a very nice battlegroup and we did a nice bit of dmg, looking back at the round.
thank you for your support guys, u performed very well. I have to say sorry for me and girlee, for the leaders to leave u alone. but I do understand that girlees fun to play died, and I hope that u understand that exams/RL>PA :-(
so gl to all of u in RL, and take care. I hope your Insomnia will leave, without pa ;-)

bye
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 12:51   #11
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Bongdage
I was a member of F.E.A.R and it was pretty good, small member base so it was just like a galaxy, we did daily attacks and defended alliance lots, all was good.
i was second to last in score, and the next person was twice my score, so it was jam packed full of fkin good players, we got the job done :]
was also f.e.a.r, with me being the guy above bong (3rd lowest score)..

at the end of the round the bg had 13 guys, with 10 of them in the top 250. would have been higher (ie, me being top 250 as well, but i slept in one attack 3 days before the crash), also we had 1 top 10 player and 1 top 50 player that left our bg for certain reasons. fear rocked though, quality attacks, since scouse and hearts led the bg we always got the tough assignments, but we were sucessful a lot of the time.

in terms of bg's in titans, there were a few..

obviously Plush was the biggest one, then there was Fear, Kmkz and another couple for late launch people that i really don't remember. Literally all titans had a BG, mainly cause there was usually only one open raid arranged a night, and that was only if enough people were around with fleets spare.

i think a major reason why we "won" this round, was cooperation between the bg's, and understanding from the bg commanders of the big picture, and not just roid hunting excercises...
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 13:05   #12
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
My baby was Retalion and will be the next "rounds" nice and polite ppl with respect that goes both ways from the command to the smallest member. we had alot of firepower in the start
But retalion have showed over several rounds that we are an good well oiled roiding machine
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 13:52   #13
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
RYB had good raids, had fun
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 14:07   #14
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Thunderball

Another problem was our HC leaving one by one. Celeb and Tol left already before the round started, Varkentje discovered DOAC and didn’t pay attention to planetarion anymore. Fredtje got roided by Titans at a retall, havind CPU problems for 4 days bringing him back to half to size he was, also falling a sleep in class didn’t help. So he quit as well. Argilus and I where left, and for myself, I got not much time, only online 2 hours a day, and was mainly there for the start-up and entertainment. But I tried to do as much as I could. Ligh7ning took over the attack part…
sorry fredtje just remember i enjoyed the roids:P

Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada

at the end of the round the bg had 13 guys, with 10 of them in the top 250. would have been higher (ie, me being top 250 as well, but i slept in one attack 3 days before the crash), also we had 1 top 10 player and 1 top 50 player that left our bg for certain reasons. fear rocked though, quality attacks, since scouse and hearts led the bg we always got the tough assignments, but we were sucessful a lot of the time.
i wub scouse so i just left.. hehe
f.e.a.r. was a rocking bg tho
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 14:45   #15
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
I was the 'hc' of an atack group called Future.
Well we f4cked up. First problem we ran into was that another HC (Diablos) lost internet connection and was only able 2 log into his account on school .
The first weeks of or raids went well, lets say very well, kicking enough top150 gals at that time more then 250rankings down .
Then after some time, some people left cause I HAVE 2 attack with my alliance thingie.
Also some members stopped playing like 40 or 50% of or group didnt played anymore after a month orso .

Anyway I would like 2 thanx my righthand during the first month of the game: NEWT, you did very well this rd top200 .

There are a few more who I would like 2 thanx for joining in almost every time on our attack the whole round.
Konjo
JC
Extreme
ShadowB
and Mooish.

The other 10 not mentioned quited or had 2 attack with alliance.

Regards
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 15:18   #16
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
Drax, we lost roids, just we gained far more nightly to notice.
Hehe, despite that you still couldn't finish in the Top 500.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 16:32   #17
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
I am very proud of my BG, every single one of them, except maybe Juggy and Bong who were too busy chasing girls...

(Only kidding kiwis, you my boys).
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 16:34   #18
Sakera
The Nosferatu

Sakera is an unknown quantity at this point
are the standalone bg that have been active just called a "bg" so members can use it as an excuse to be in two alliances? Standalone bg's are nothing less than an alliance (maybe a small one but still).

so?
Round 3: 79:11:1 - Fx9
Round 4: 30:14:8 (Smurf Village) - Fx9/Elysium/Fury/NFU
Round 5: 21:4:1- Fury/NFU
Round 6: 27:13:3 - Silver/Elysium
Round 7: 21:21:11 - Elysium
Round 8: 45:7:4 - Elysium
Round 9: 40:9:1 - Farmer/abuser/blatant liar/providers doll
Sakera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 16:36   #19
The-Matrix
Shark

The-Matrix is an unknown quantity at this point
I was in two during the round

started in sharks in Adelante which was basicly my gal from last couple of rounds we did ok we got roids most of the time and toped roided gals a few times but then as most we inactive ****s (lo coin, sarkon tsr) most of them got bashed having started with 12 of us this meant towards the end of adelante attacks were oftern under filled and roids came harder to come by. (also two of then 13 members we ever had finished top10)

Then went to wolfpack got put in whitewolves and i can honestly say it was compleate and utter rubbish no attacks most of the time when we did attack we took crap targets there was no even attempt for the bg's to hit same cluster most of the other bg's were the same (can't say bout dragans tho) the hc didn't care as long as defence was going okish.
Rd5 27:3:5 Jack Quinn of The Colony, Embrace Catastrophe 239th
Rd 6 2:1:2 Sauron of Mordor #202, Gal of the Rings 33rd
Rd 7 31:1:2 James Bond of her majasties secret service , The Sharks 190th
Rd 8 4:5:7 Destination Unknown of Journey to Nowhere #152nd, Somewhere........ 55th

Last edited by The-Matrix; 6 Dec 2002 at 16:53.
The-Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 16:46   #20
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about
Legator was the head of our -so-called-bg-

but we took great targets each day (ofc. i found the best gals to attack )

As a lot bg's might found, there was a really active defending, when attacking the bigger planets. so we mostly only took roids from the some smaller targets. So sorry to those who had only big planets on those tiny planets attacking....

Anywayz 'Soulfly' was quite a success, coz a lot of cheap roids were grabbed and all days but saturday (ofc. BEER EVENING) we attacked with it. Always the same people, in our great community VisioN (or alliance, what u call it )

I think we've done a good thing, having fun and rather ok attacking.. \o/ \o/ \o/
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Rember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 17:13   #21
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Hehe, despite that you still couldn't finish in the Top 500.
And dispite that, you skill can't get over the fact that I'm a better player then you...
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 18:19   #22
Drengar

Was in both of the BG's first mentioned at the start of this topic ( Insomnia and O/C )

O/C didnt really go for kills but defense which was outstanding

Insomnia at the other hand was very good in killing

Good luck to all ppl that helped make it happen
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 18:42   #23
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
Look how big a **** I have, I mean I'm in Titans I MUST be a good player
And despite all your "M4D 5K1115" you've still never finished remotely near the Top 100 have you Psi ? And despite all your amazingly cool friends you've still only been in a highly ranked galaxy twice haven’t you Psi ? and despite (As you claim) your alliance dominating the round you still have a crap planet. Wannabe.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 22:27   #24
Mr. Juggalo
eia bro

Mr. Juggalo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I am very proud of my BG, every single one of them, except maybe Juggy and Bong who were too busy chasing girls...

(Only kidding kiwis, you my boys).
!
Someone had too D:
Unread 6 Dec 2002, 22:55   #25
Radium-^
Professional Troll

Radium-^ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
And despite all your "M4D 5K1115" you've still never finished remotely near the Top 100 have you Psi ? And despite all your amazingly cool friends you've still only been in a highly ranked galaxy twice haven’t you Psi ? and despite (As you claim) your alliance dominating the round you still have a crap planet. Wannabe.
I have to admit this is funny
Radium-^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 00:09   #26
n4m3l355
Mista JZ

n4m3l355 can only hope to improve
Retalion > *.*

nuf sad

(I'm going to ask you to reread the original post and try to think before you spew forth again. Jonny)

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 7 Dec 2002 at 01:25.
n4m3l355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 00:54   #27
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Radium-^
I have to admit this is funny
It's not only funny, it's also the truth
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
KillGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 01:21   #28
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Could you guys please leave the flames in other threads, thank you .

(Sentiments duly echoed with the threat of violence behind them. A bit of intelligent conversation if you so please. Jonny)

Est Sularus oth Mithas

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 7 Dec 2002 at 01:28.
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 03:07   #29
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was in Skorpions, l33test BG of them all.

We had almost a dozen members, 3 with planets! We helped each other out on attacks, and were lightning quick on defense.

Counting the idlers, we had a few ViruS, a pair of G-II, a ToT'er, an Adelante, and a few people who wandered into the chan on accident, not sure who they were with.

We r0x0red

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 03:51   #30
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
FlyingT and I started Unicorns, but some of our members quit and some went inactive due to school. At the end, only 4-5 members remained, so we made it into a fanclub of sorts for the one and only FlyingTed!
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 11:24   #31
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakera
are the standalone bg that have been active just called a "bg" so members can use it as an excuse to be in two alliances? Standalone bg's are nothing less than an alliance (maybe a small one but still).

so?
so true...and that's so lame:/
luckily both my groups were fully titans:P maybe kamikaze had a few other members, but that wasn't ever used as defence
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 11:35   #32
Mr. Juggalo
eia bro

Quote:
Originally posted by Bongdage
GUESS WHAT?

I was in F.E.A.R too.. it was cool & stuff. Even thou i was last in the whole group ~~ It was fun :>

and anyway
girls > pa !~~~~~!~!~#W@
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 11:51   #33
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

PLD
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 12:29   #34
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

I'd like to nominate F.E.A.R for the best named battle group too, but obviously I'm biased. I'm guessing only a handful of people know what it stands for atm.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 7 Dec 2002, 13:09   #35
Schleng

Quote:
LOL, PLd
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 14:00   #36
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
hicks wins.
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 00:46   #37
Handsome Sailor
Turbojugend

Handsome Sailor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I'd like to nominate F.E.A.R for the best named battle group too, but obviously I'm biased. I'm guessing only a handful of people know what it stands for atm.
...which might result in you getting less votes than deserved. Share it with us then...
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 02:43   #38
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Handsome Sailor
Share it with us then...
F**K EVERYTHING AND RUN

Unread 8 Dec 2002, 06:03   #39
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by CamelToe
I think my group did "ok"
nah!

/me fking drunk

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 21:11   #40
Jurgen
The Ðragon

Jurgen can only hope to improve
atleast always when I was around Ðragons ruled bigtime.
We lost no roids if incoming was informed early enough except like 2 days or so when all our big planets were underattack.

We were able to take down any gal around atleast I think we were and it was partly prooven by Ðragon attack against 26:9 (gal that would have won without that attack).

And not only success, but I had most fun I've ever had with pa with all those finnish players in same channel. And with support from a few very close m8's and a couple romanian dudes our membercount was ~60 (inner circle). There was also loads of supporters and wannabe's and it wasn't hard to find ppl to attack with me or Ðragons. Definitely best attack group I've ever been in and prolly atleast 1 of the best if not best thisround. (if u consider LDK as battlegroup they were better I think, but compared to plush or critters fight might have been pretty tight. Dunno about true membercount of Plush prolly around the same that we had, but atleast their alliances were better. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like Wolfpack or think that we did much better than any1 expected (again) and were fighting top 3 alliance (after Titans and LDK) with Virus.

Anyways I enjoyed the first parts of r8 with Ðragons, and later part with my GF ;-) (so got nothing to complain about a couple last months). (or actually studies could have gone better)
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 23:45   #41
Xeracy
.:condenación:.

Xeracy is an unknown quantity at this point
I must say BG's definately dominated the round, small attacking units were needed and BGs provided the perfect solution.

Insomnia did operate flawlessley up until inactivity set in later in the round, up until then it was awesome i must say. And Darki yea rl>pa and girlee yes we love you as for the rest of the guys even tho we didnt end at the highest of positions had a gr8 round :P
::[MISTU]::
Xeracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 02:40   #42
n4m3l355
Mista JZ

n4m3l355 can only hope to improve
prolly all BG's suffered later on of inactiveness.. retalion kicked of with a sweet 95% activity but later on we dropped to 60% got probaly aswell a bit todo with a few of us being killed
Unread 10 Dec 2002, 11:34   #43
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurgen
atleast always when I was around Ðragons ruled bigtime.
We lost no roids if incoming was informed early enough except like 2 days or so when all our big planets were underattack.

We were able to take down any gal around atleast I think we were and it was partly prooven by Ðragon attack against 26:9 (gal that would have won without that attack).

And not only success, but I had most fun I've ever had with pa with all those finnish players in same channel. And with support from a few very close m8's and a couple romanian dudes our membercount was ~60 (inner circle). There was also loads of supporters and wannabe's and it wasn't hard to find ppl to attack with me or Ðragons. Definitely best attack group I've ever been in and prolly atleast 1 of the best if not best thisround. (if u consider LDK as battlegroup they were better I think, but compared to plush or critters fight might have been pretty tight. Dunno about true membercount of Plush prolly around the same that we had, but atleast their alliances were better. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like Wolfpack or think that we did much better than any1 expected (again) and were fighting top 3 alliance (after Titans and LDK) with Virus.

Anyways I enjoyed the first parts of r8 with Ðragons, and later part with my GF ;-) (so got nothing to complain about a couple last months). (or actually studies could have gone better)
60 members is way too high for a BG, that's a mini alliance

25 is the max.
Unread 10 Dec 2002, 11:58   #44
Mr. Juggalo
eia bro

Quote:
me too
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 02:02   #45
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Exclamation

im shocked no one has mentioned the #urgoofy BG yet! i cant think of a more effective, active and well led BG in the pa universe.
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 10:38   #46
cypher
U've been Moderated

jurgen the attack on 26:9 was started by dragons maybe but there were so many others participating that you can't call it a dragon attack really...alot of ldk launched for example...i launched and sooooooo many of my friends:/ (no-one ever informed me that i was a dragon or a wannabe one)
no way that all those planets attacking were one of one attack group prolly whole of wolfpack didn't even have that many members:/
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 13:57   #47
Jurgen
The Ðragon

Jurgen can only hope to improve
oh come on cyphie... I think a sebra is killed by lion even if hyena comes to eat it later... What is your opinion? Tyrion was targetted by ldk for third wave I think yes they did a good job, but target was already "killed". Ofc. it could be called a masskill by lion hyena raven worms bacters etc. (every1 that included), but I still think it was lion that was the "actual attacker".
(lion for sure doesn't have as many teeths as bite that sebra overall)
I can't keep away scavangers and I don't even wanna. I dunno if I was abusing them or they were abusing me, maybe it was a symbios where both helped eachother. Make your own conclusion. I always try to make my attacks universewice I followed exactly the same way that I used as my parts of taking down 25:10 and 39:9(or was it that) r6. Getting every1 I know to attack in the end and even every1 they know and their gals. =) It is a chaos, but it's working. Late defence kills late attackers, but those r mainly ppl I don't even know... ppl who just attack where they notice their galm8's getting through.
(I don't claim that I arranged 39:9 (did it with rabbit and wipeout nor do I claim that I arranged 25:10 since I did it with blurb) since I was asked to help with those)
also was asked to join takedown of Yeh (R5 wasn't it?) I refused to attack since I never attack my landm8's and he happen to be from Finland(it was arranged mostly by dravvin aslong as I remember). =)

And about dragons being 2 big... it wasn't just a battlegroup it was a collection of my closest friends. I didn't even kick those that didn't play; every1 I trusted 100% was included if they wanted. We had sum great fun even if they beat the **** out of me in the end since I broke my own rule. (pa>gf) Heh... I'm sumtimes also by myself disappointed at my behaviour, but **** happens.
We had like 5-6 targets per night if we were functional and it wasn't forbidden to be member of other bg's. Most of our members actually had other bg's also.
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2002, 23:42   #48
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurgen
Definitely best attack group I've ever been in and prolly atleast 1 of the best if not best thisround. (if u consider LDK as battlegroup they were better I think, but compared to plush or critters fight might have been pretty tight. Dunno about true membercount of Plush prolly around the same that we had, but atleast their alliances were better.
I keep my ear relatively low to the ground, but I still don't recall any notable achievements by Dragons or Critters (26.9 was nice, but lets face it, that was not Dragons alone). On the other hand, some notable achievements from Plush are:
  • the downfall of TTTT - We were the ones who dropped 200M pts worth of DE/CR/BS on him, and still managed to get a 14.5% cap. Props to the leeches for catching his fleet.
  • the 2nd(?) landing on star-erazor - Axis_WLF and Hearts setup the first raid, and then a couple of weeks later, we hit him and Shazna on the same night
  • the 1st successful landing on Shazna - We had tried once before, but they covered it. Not so lucky the 2nd time though
  • the last big landing on Darki - made him quit (again)
  • putting Smasher into Vac mode - had pa stayed up, we would have 'smashed' him for what WP tried to do to arcon
About the last one... Nice job gathering defense. You guys did more than Fury ever did when faced with the same problem. Anyways, I could go on... but I hate self-fluffling.

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 09:48   #49
HOPupNdown
Last of the plushies

HOPupNdown is an unknown quantity at this point
/me fluffles rehs
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 05:37   #50
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Its funny (yes this is me acting arrogant...somewhat ), but Plush has somewhat remainded in the shadows but at the same time we have had quite an impact on how the round has turned out. Something I wouldent have expected from the 50 odd-some-folks in Plush.

Question is whether we shall be around for round9. If we are then it should be intresting if we can repeat our success beacause usually success in a round leads to failure in the next since folks will be gunning for you.

Est Sularus oth Mithas