User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Jun 2003, 09:34   #1
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
0800 UK Dialup?

I've just moved into a new house, and it's only got an incoming/emergency/freephone line at the moment (will be at least a week before it's fully connected).

I seem to remember a few years ago there were several ISPs that offered dialup via an 0800 number, can anybody recall/recommend one? I can't seem to find what I'm looking for

Cheers,

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 10:09   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Google says http://www.giointernet.com/internet/home_dialup.htm

I say comedy high-quality service provider.
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 10:19   #3
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
Google says http://www.giointernet.com/internet/home_dialup.htm

I say comedy high-quality service provider.
Yeah I eventually had the genius idea of using Google, which I should have done to start with

AOL is evil and shall not be going near my PC. It uses 0800 though?

Ta,

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 10:38   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I heard a while back that they at least had 'some scheme' where 0800 was used, and it doesn't seem reliant on SurfTime so I'd guess so.
Unread 10 Jun 2003, 15:20   #5
Mong
Forever Delayed

As an aside; do people know if it's actually possible to make general 0800 calls from an "incoming" line? My friend rang his work call center (an 0800 number) from it, but that's British Gas (Centrica) so maybe there's a list (like on Orange/Virgin/02/etc) of "allowed" 0800 numbers?

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 10 Jun 2003, 22:54   #6
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
/etc/ppp/chat-onetel1:OK "ATDT08089977877"
/etc/ppp/chat-onetel2:OK "ATDT08089916877"
/etc/ppp/chat-onetel3:OK "ATDT08081401877"
/etc/ppp/chat-onetel4:OK "ATDT08089916277"

Plug a phone in and see if you get tone trying any of those numbers.

(btw, onetel, gamers extra package, £14.99/month, 6hr cutoff = teh win)

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote