User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:30   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
filesharing program for linux?

ok, so i installed suse linux and i pretty much like it, even though i dont exactly know what i am doing right now.
now im searching for some file sharing program that works with the same network as emule / edonkey etc.
can anyone help?
that lmule or whatever i downloaded yesterday does not seem to work.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 21:43   #2
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
oh, and just in case i switch completly something for watching dvds / svcds and for burning cds would be useful (but i doubt that i will ever get my raid controler work under linux, so its really not that important yet)
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 22:40   #3
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
1. mldonkey
2. mplayer or xine
3. I do the command-line thing, http://tldp.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

There are dozens of frontends for these but I haven't tried them. Good places to look are freshmeat.net, apps.kde.com, and the omniscient Google.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:00   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Direct Connect 4 Linux.

Ignore the crap website, the product is very good indeed and even supports multisource downloading which isn't implimented in either the DC or DC++ Win32 clients.
I've had it running to great effect on MDK9.

Oh quey - when I burn CDs under linux my mate's nancyboy picky art-guy TiMac won't read the damn files on them (they show up but opening them results in some kind of complaint about bad media descriptors or something). The burnt discs work fine under windows (and linux obviously).
I just used gtoaster (think that's the one) at it's default settings.

Any clues?

Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:01   #5
wu_trax

im just trying to install that xine-thingy. somehow i failed to install the gui, but im too tiered to care any more right now. but thanks anyway
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:03   #6
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
Direct Connect 4 Linux.

Ignore the crap website, the product is very good indeed and even supports multisource downloading which isn't implimented in either the DC or DC++ Win32 clients.
I've had it running to great effect on MDK9.

but does it use the same networks as emule? most german movies are on emule, everyone is using it here, thats why i asked.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:04   #7
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Unfortunately no it doesn't but if you can find a german public DC hub (there are hundreds and hundreds of hubs around) then you should be sorted.

Unread 13 Apr 2003, 23:08   #8
wu_trax

ill try that mldonkey first
(i didnt even get along with direct connect when i used windows and i more or less had an idea of what i was doing )
but ... tomorrow, good night.
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 16:36   #9
ItotheDtotheI

everything other than bittorrent is crap
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 19:37   #10
wu_trax

nothing seems to work

and i cant get my damn raid-controller working under linux , im not sure if this crappy ibm-hd is broken ONCE AGAIN (that would be the 5th time in ~2 years
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 19:50   #11
ItotheDtotheI

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
nothing seems to work

and i cant get my damn raid-controller working under linux , im not sure if this crappy ibm-hd is broken ONCE AGAIN (that would be the 5th time in ~2 years
i bet it is

didnt you get the memo?

IBMs are ****
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 21:08   #12
wu_trax

so i installed this xine-thingy.
took me at least 2 hours to get it compiled and now it doesnt seem to work
ill got to cinema now
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 21:31   #13
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Xine has RPMs for lots of distros.
Mplayer is the only one i've found to support pan and scan (vital for those mega-widescreen DVDs unless you like watching a tiny horizontal strip on the monitor). It also has funkier skins innit.

Now - back to saving up for that projector so I can actually match my soundsystem to something worth viewing DVDs with.
Unread 16 Apr 2003, 22:32   #14
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Limewire has worked fine for me.
W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2003, 22:27   #15
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
bittorrent

Because it is actually file sharing, and not leeching.

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote