User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 4 Mar 2003, 17:38   #1
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Major Sendmail Vulnerabilities!

Important news regarding Sendmail

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 17:47   #2
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
are we gonna do this for every vulnerability ?

i bet more people here use ******* than sendmail (******* has a new bug every week) and we dont report about them

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 17:59   #3
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Ah but this is like, a big vulnerability. Not one of your day-to-day windows ones, but a biggie!

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 18:01   #4
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
But it's not a topic for discussion (except meta-discussion).
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 19:45   #5
Slidey

its only an issue to about 5 or 6 people here..

the rest run windows, or use other peoples servers

as i said, i woulda thought ******* problems and the like were more interesting to the people here than sendmail

Unread 4 Mar 2003, 19:48   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
what is '*******'?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 20:09   #7
Slidey

someone tell me why it blocks p-h-p-n-u-k-e please!

Unread 4 Mar 2003, 20:29   #8
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Slidey
To prevent anyone recommending it?
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 21:02   #9
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Major Sendmail Vulnerabilities!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Important news regarding Sendmail

M.
This is why impulsed dont use sendmail :)

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2003, 21:21   #10
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
MT in conflict of interest scandle!

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 00:45   #11
queball
Ball

Exclamation Spelling peeve alert!

scandal
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 09:56   #12
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
scandle
or sandle?

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
scandal
maybe its a footwear type scandal!
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 09:56   #13
Slidey

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
To prevent anyone recommending it?
good call

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 14:43   #14
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
C'mon, sendmail? Pfft.

Comes under the same category as wu-ftpd and BIND. Don't touch unless you have to.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2003, 18:12   #15
Slidey

wu yes, binds not too bad tho

Unread 5 Mar 2003, 23:41   #16
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Quote:
wu yes, binds not too bad tho
The Buggy Internet Name Daemon

Too big/bloated, with wonderful awkward zone files to make your life so fun, with a nice list of problems. (Yes, I do like qmail/djbdns/daemontools/etc. :P)
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 10:31   #17
Slidey

Quote:
Originally posted by GReaper
The Buggy Internet Name Daemon

Too big/bloated, with wonderful awkward zone files to make your life so fun, with a nice list of problems. (Yes, I do like qmail/djbdns/daemontools/etc. :P)
that explains everything. i dont think djb has ever heard of 'user friendly'. qmail especially is a work of art in making things as difficult as possible to setup and use

Unread 6 Mar 2003, 11:30   #18
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
My favourite theory is to annoy all those who were (at one time) accusing the portal of using it
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote