User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Nov 2002, 20:55   #1
Eidron
The Harsh Light of Day

Eidron is an unknown quantity at this point
Avi player

Anyone know of any good avi players out there? Preferably free.

You'll never see me but I am everywhere
Eidron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 21:07   #2
Cocaine

www.divx.com
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 21:16   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I have always used Windows media player (7.10), and don't seem to have any problems with it.
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 21:46   #4
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
I have always used Windows media player (7.10), and don't seem to have any problems with it.
Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Media player 7 is horrendous. If it were on a beach, Greenpeace would raise money to have it sent back to sea. If it were a city, people would be having trouble breathing. If it were a piece of software, it would be bloatware.

Jester
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 21:48   #5
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Jester667
Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Media player 7 is horrendous. If it were on a beach, Greenpeace would raise money to have it sent back to sea. If it were a city, people would be having trouble breathing. If it were a piece of software, it would be bloatware.

Jester
Anything is better than RealPlayer.
: )
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 22:20   #6
wu_trax

i use windows media player for avis and power dvd for mpgs. the divx-player crashes far too often

(and yes, real player is annoying)
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 23:08   #7
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Iuse WMP for most things, and that DivX player for movies with codecs MS just doesn't like...
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 23:37   #8
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Once Nullsoft finally sort out the bug ridden, half finished pile of pants that is currently known as Winamp 3.0, it may be a competitor.
Until then, it can go rot.

And yes I know a lot of it's AOL's fault - that still doesn't take away from the fact its horrific.

Unread 5 Nov 2002, 23:46   #9
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac

And yes I know a lot of it's AOL's fault - that still doesn't take away from the fact its horrific.

World poverty is AOL's fault too!
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2002, 23:47   #10
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
lgoogle bsplayer

iirc it uses a lot of the wmp codecs and stuff, but its bloat free. You can even play movies as your desktop background ;0

www.bsplayer.org <<-- seems to be down \o/

http://www.bsplay.com/downloads.php?cat=bsplay

http://www.bsplay.com/skins.php <<-- skinnable too

"Plays anything" - provided you ahve the codec, it will play it. (mp3s too ).

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 03:35   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
WMP with BSPlayer for special codecs/subtitles.