User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 30 May 2005, 20:37   #1
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold
[Discuss] * On online alliance members

I was just wondering if there is a possibility to implement such a thing, i was mainly thinking of the member list ingame, as it would help to monitor activity, and then actually the defence system ingame might be usefull..

Anyway, i also hope its possible to choose who sees it

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2005, 20:49   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: * On online alliance members

The problem is the current systems a little poor even for galaxies. They may be reported online but doesnt mean they are active. If this was going to be implemented then perhaps have it as a timestamp thats shown on the membership list. The timestamp would be updated to the current time every time they loaded a page. Only problem i can see with this would potentially be the db load but it would certainly be very useful for alliances.

Also kind of connected id like to see a page showing whos accessing things like the attack pages. One of the things that lets the allaince system down is the difficulty in locating any spies and something like this would atleast help narrow the candidates down
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2005, 21:10   #3
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
One of the things that lets the allaince system down is the difficulty in locating any spies and something like this would atleast help narrow the candidates down
That was exactly one of the point i was thinking about..
And also to monitor their ingame activity compared to IRC activity...

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2005, 21:46   #4
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I normally leave my comp for several hours, and despite going over 2 hour log out, im still shown with a * on gal page, which is where wakeys timestamp comes in...
Unread 31 May 2005, 16:52   #5
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

if you dont press logout but click the thing (please dont tell me u use IE) away the * remains too (until session times out)
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 16:35   #6
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i doubt this will be implemented as it basically gives a full memberlist straight away... a spy wouldn't even have to go through the trouble of launching at everyone anymore...
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 18:46   #7
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes got to think about the spys or we all may aswell tag up.
I would rather not even have non spys no where my planet is unless i am defending then and i prefer to be a planet name then.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 22:01   #8
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

i think they mean this to be implemented on the HC's memberlist page where only they can see the status of members.
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 22:02   #9
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
i think they mean this to be implemented on the HC's memberlist page where only they can see the status of members.

hmmm yeah maybe that one

then we can spam them with get on irc ye n00b.

Unread 1 Jun 2005, 22:33   #10
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i don't want HC's knowing when i'm ignoring their orders either

in all seriousness tho... with the time out on the * (online status) it's quite useless regardless...
Unread 1 Jun 2005, 22:50   #11
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
i don't want HC's knowing when i'm ignoring their orders either

in all seriousness tho... with the time out on the * (online status) it's quite useless regardless...
damn i was gonna be keeping my eye on you

Unread 10 Jun 2005, 15:55   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

so the quesiton boils down to how much should hcs know about their members

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 16:37   #13
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Discuss] * On online alliance members

If you choose to be a member of an alliance, you choose to follow your HCs. At least, you do when you join

It would be a considerable aid for HCs, and I don't see why members should have anything to fear on this front. If you wish to ignore your HCs, then do so...I see little reason why a tiny minority should be given such lee-way.

Just my (biased) two cents
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 19:27   #14
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I dont think HC's should be able to see this much about their members
It only makes them whine more.. thats all

its not like it has some real (reliable) benefits as mentioned above

Last edited by Alessio; 10 Jun 2005 at 19:33.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 19:34   #15
Dictator2

Dictator2 can only hope to improve

K, i'll give my opinion on this too...

HC should have access to as much info about their pawns as possible. What they or their pawns decide to do, in this enviroment, it is completely up to both parties... anyways, it has always been the case, more or less.

A screen with a member list, indicating nicks + race and whether they are online or not, would be a good idea, or at least, not a bad one... JUST LEAVE COORDS OUT, for both HC and regular pawns. HC have the coords anyways in their arbiters or in a piece of paper under their pillow, so, it should not be a problem.

That a spy might report who is online or not is a given, but they can do this by simply going to IRC and check who is active on the private channels, right? Yes, yes, Iknow sometimes lotsa people can't get on IRC cuz they are at work or whatver... but this is usually not "the majority" of the players active, or in any case, the ones u can count on for whatver reason at that precise moment.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 20:15   #16
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Im not sure this is particularly useful, but how about a last login time.

This would help HC spot players who havent logged in for a few days. They could even be given a couple of fields - colors and time lengths that can be used to highlight inactive players.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 20:16   #17
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is amusing. I said something 6 months ago which is totally different to what I said earlier
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 11:48   #18
cypher
U've been Moderated

kinda pointless indeed... as it would only be for alliance hc's and as wakey said...the system isn't good as it only means you've been online a while back....
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 11:54   #19
Appanouki

Appanouki can only hope to improve

Excelllent idea, I think it would be very useful! Let HC's decide who can see the list like the arby
Appanouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 12:24   #20
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

I don't really like this suggestion, as HC you should have a little faith in your members aswell. If you just want to control all fleets as an HC create a multi account, cause that's what the whole seeing if people are online comes too. You want to have more control over the fleets. In my experience more for defence issues then attack.

Have faith in your members, if they are in the alliance channels and not responding to defcalls they are:
- out of fleetsslots
- don't have the ships wanted
- idling (not behind the pc)

I don't see how seeing if they are online could help you fix the control and activity. I think it is more usefull for HC to see the outgoing and returning fleets for their members.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 04:43   #21
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
The problem is the current systems a little poor even for galaxies. They may be reported online but doesnt mean they are active. If this was going to be implemented then perhaps have it as a timestamp thats shown on the membership list. The timestamp would be updated to the current time every time they loaded a page. Only problem i can see with this would potentially be the db load but it would certainly be very useful for alliances.

Also kind of connected id like to see a page showing whos accessing things like the attack pages. One of the things that lets the allaince system down is the difficulty in locating any spies and something like this would atleast help narrow the candidates down

wheres the DB load

u just update a variable and wouldn't be much at all

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote