User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 27 Feb 2016, 12:02   #351
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: R65. Who wins?

Fl must surely have considered the norse win, any brief look at the alliance rankings and consideration of the counting limits made it an obvious play. Only if they had no one who has been playing long enough to have seen players added to tag winning before could it be overlooked. Alternatively maybe fl are all players with their heads in the sand lacking in imagination - but I doubt it!

Unfortunately your dig at everyone else's activity levels is true. Which only points to my musing earlier in this thread that if there were to be an alliance to actually take ult on even 1 to 1 terms (before anyone begins going on about support planets ignore them please - or else assume that the new tag does too whichever takes your fancy) it would need to take in the best of the block you fought. Essentially those percentages in p3n/fl/ct that would not be inactive after such incoming. However I cant see these allies all giving up to do this. As has been noted before the people who gravitate to an alliance that wins have already gravitated towards Ult where they can be the best. The remainder are those who are stubbornly loyal to their current alliances regardless of their faults.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2016, 12:32   #352
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
Apologies, that was not my intention. I'm just going by what brief stuff I've seen and history from at least several rounds ago.

I know you probably can't answer till after the round is over but if you knew Ultores was going to get blocked, what did you do about it? Why do you accept the status quo or did your mitigation attempts hit problems?

I'm genuinely intrigued to why this still seems to happen to Ultores despite progress in your politics from when I played.
I guess i'll awnser this now. We knew that Ultores would get blocked, but we didnt want 1000 ticks of mass blocks where the universe was divided into two blocks since that's usually where things ends up anyway. To delay the big blocks we set out to make a few defencive agreeements early on, most notably the nap with CT. I talked to gm last round, and we were both pretty fed up with warring for the entire round so we decided to make a deal to stop things from escalating too early. We both knew p3ng and FL would be full tags and in the fight and that it wouldn't stagnate things too badly.

FL had clearly stated that they were coming for Ultores, so tieing up an early nap with CT and later a fort avoidance with p3ng and bows ment we would be able to test FL on our own without a big block forming against us. We did well vs. FL and gained big, and probably should have kept hitting them after they waved the white flag. Around this time the CT deal was expiring, so we made a longer fort agreement with FL and a short one with CT and sat back for a bit. During these ticks ND kept hitting our forts, since they had napped almost everyone else(Rap's words), so we put a couple hundred fleets on them.

When bows got tangled up with CT and recieved rather big incs from mainly them, but also ND and Norse we decided to help them. agar3s helped bows with def, and we put some 150'ish hostile fleets on CT within our agreement(except 1 solowave from a couple brazils). This burned the bridges to CT, and i suspect this was what CT actually wanted at this point since we were starting to get a rather decent lead. We now had deals with CT/p3ng/FL all expiring around pt450.

I figured i'd try to renew the p3ng deal, but when munkee dodged me i realised that the expected big block play were coming. A short talk with Demort confirmed my suspicions. We've been having a fair bir of ND incs all round aswell, so we knew they'd be on the bandwagon. After the first few nights with incs from the block(over 300 incs at some point) we secured a very lose deal with Norse, along the lines of "don't hit us with that block and we'll leave you be so you can go for your own chances", a deal that got solidified once FL hit them for a night. We also didn't want to ask HR for help till we really needed it, besides it wouldn't be effective as long as bows had deals with the opposing block made. So we decided to try to face the block on our own.

Incs were quite high, but the defence team did a stellar job keeping us up. It became clear that we wouldn't be able to stay in the mix while fully grounded so we asked HR and bows for help from pt800 when bows deals with the opposing block were expiring. Meanwhile bows started sending us oot def. Sadly bows still made avoidances and limitted targetting deals, so once we started attacking the claims on the other block were 12-13 planets for HR and bows combined, and 12-13 for Ultores(yet we were 1-2 fleet attacking). Still p3ng dropped like a stone and we backed off them for one night to let them pop bonuses or whatever before hitting them again to make sure they wouldnt be able to come back. We then moved onto FL. The roid difference were huge in their favour, so we decided to unground everything and go for it.

It became clear that it was too little too late and we weren't landing enough so we went hitting ND with HR for cheap XP to keep us up, fully aware that ND didn't def. We knew that FL would go XP hunting on bows/hr/norse at some point, and that if they landed big XP on Norse we'd be fcked. ND bled out too quickly, and we moved onto CT since their def was horrible this round. We kept up there but needed FL to ground the last day, so we tried getting our friends onto FL while we went for XP on CT the last night. CT deffed well for the first time of the round and we knew we wouldn't land enough.

I asked Advantix about his oot players a couple days prior in case we wouldn't be able to win, and he said they didn't have enough for it to make a difference and asked if we had any to spare. I thought Stojke was in another tag so i told him no, but agar3s spotted my mistake and asked Stojke to apply to Norse. agar3s also pointed out to Norse that they should declare war before their last day lands to get 20% XP bonus and 5% cap bonus. We would rather see a friend win over the block, which they did.

I would like to say that i'm extremely proud of all the Ultorians. This round was one hell of a ride, and in the end everyone stepped up in a massive team effort. Cudos to bows, hr and norse for sticking to their word. Shame it wasn't enough. Would like to add that i expected the opposing block to fall apart the last week, but p3ng/nd/ct played dedicated support beyond my expectations, gg! Roll on next round.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 27 Feb 2016 at 12:53.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2016, 13:08   #353
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

It would be interesting to have an ally HC from each alliance (preferably politics) make a similar post for comparison.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 27 Feb 2016, 14:56   #354
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Agree. Good post.

I wont go indepth for norse as i was not the one running things. We did discuss alot though so i know the reason for most we did.

Our only hope to keep our roids was to hope/do our best to keep the fight for 1 close.

If we had joined with the block, ult would have dropped too soon, and we would then be xped on by ult AND the block. Us trusting the deal made with ult made that the obvious choice.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 14:12   #355
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
It would be interesting to have an ally HC from each alliance (preferably politics) make a similar post for comparison.
Would be interesting to me to see everyone's take aswell. Yet i do realise that going into details also mean that you expose some of your tactical approach, so there is always a risk in doing so. Doesn't bother me on my end as long as the round is over, since i try to vary my approach a bit from round to round.

* We do not exist *

Unread 1 Mar 2016, 18:23   #356
Atilla

Atilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura about

Excellent post, we should see more of this.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 20:17   #357
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

liked the post and i think chimpie has it quite close to what happened to be honest i did come to him saying ending relations 48 hours and i will be coming for ult i never hid the fact i was coming for ult once

as for the norse subject we knew it was coming around 5 days before it came as norse hc told us plus a few in ult and a few other people elsewhere so we knew it was coming so we tried to outscore the score gain from adding planets but a persons crash at home instead of hiding fleet but i think we kept him up late hehe cost us the win as much as norse taking it

but was a boring round some people say it had to be done and the goal was never to win was to stop ult winning for a change so goal achieve even if it sucked having to do it

maybe next round will bring new exciting twists who knows lol

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 20:45   #358
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

It was actually one of the planets that often sends unsolicited def that crashed at my place, not having a phone number in the bot to be reached.

There are a few things Faceless could/should have done to secure the win. I think if we declared war on Norse the first night, it would have been sufficient. We also had numerous crashes, myself included, which piled up to probably close to 10 mil score in the last 2 weeks.

I'll have to admit, after our first beating by Ult I did not see anyone but them taking this one home, but the coalition between p3n/FL supported by ND and CT did better than I expected. Not to diminish Ult's performance, they held up incredibly well. Still, I don't think you'll find anyone in FL that would call last round 'fun', though I certainly enjoyed the way it ended. I enjoyed it more when we were on the other end though!
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2016, 21:18   #359
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demort

but was a boring round some people say it had to be done and the goal was never to win was to stop ult winning for a change so goal achieve even if it sucked having to do it
Ehh?

Ult has won 3 out of the last 15 rounds
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2016, 00:35   #360
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

think by my wording eksero some people i didnt say myself did i but we were not playing for the win till the end i had only just taken over and i was rebuilding and removing players still am another 15 removed when round ended and ive not really checked how many ult has or hasnt won ult is by far the best ally left playing pa

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2016, 00:42   #361
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

We're winners even if we don't win eksero, that is what's bothering people. So we need to be taken down, even if that means allies throwing away their own ambitions. And before the trolls jump on this; you're free to do what ever politically and one could argue that there is no way one could have known that neither p3ng/fl/ct would win.

* We do not exist *

Unread 6 Mar 2016, 00:56   #362
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
There is no way one could have known that neither p3ng/fl/ct would win.
You mean no way one could have known that none of p3ng/fl/ct or ult would win? Certainly. There would have had to have been a fair few people who would have bet on Ult above any of those three at the start of the round. Betting on Norse would have been an extremely long shot. Given membership quality and quantity ult would have been most likely, ct probably second, p3n 3rd and fl 4th in sensible bets (considering that fl and p3n both only had memberships in the mid 40s at this point whereas iirc ct was near full right from the start).

From slightly after a third of the round anyone who was aware of p3n and fl's agreement to stop ult winning would surely have bet on ct (assuming you thought that deal would hold).

Anyone who says they thought Norse would win before about three weeks out is surely either extraordinarily prescient or lying! If the former can we recruit you?

It is a shame there was no real round 65 who will win thread giving people's ordering at the start of the round. Would have been interesting to see if anyone put Norse in their top 3.

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 6 Mar 2016 at 01:02.
Unread 6 Mar 2016, 08:29   #363
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Looking back through block chan we were discussing norse on the 21st being a contender with oot but at that point didn't care to change plans as it was about ult.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2016, 19:25   #364
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
I'll have to admit, after our first beating by Ult I did not see anyone but them taking this one home, but the coalition between p3n/FL supported by ND and CT did better than I expected.
From where do you get that it was p3n/fl coalition supported by nd and ct?
Unread 6 Mar 2016, 19:44   #365
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
We're winners even if we don't win eksero, that is what's bothering people. So we need to be taken down, even if that means allies throwing away their own ambitions. And before the trolls jump on this; you're free to do what ever politically and one could argue that there is no way one could have known that neither p3ng/fl/ct would win.
Not that I want to get involved in this penis measuring contest, but judging by this statement, you are suggesting that an alliance is only good if you have strong military. While military does play a role in the success of an alliance, it doesn't determine whether you're the best alliance or not. Afterall, military is one strategy and not the fundamental element to winning rounds.

It's quite basic maths that if an alliance filled with active members that responds to defence requests turtles up that there is going to be a coalition of alliances to put even more fleets on you to break your barriers. Just because you're capable of taking large amounts of incoming doesn't make you the best.

Last round, Norse was the best because they outsmarted everyone else and they deserve to be recognised for that. Ultores played a strong, but they ultimately lost the round.

Just for the record, this is my personal opinion.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2016, 22:04   #366
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Not that I want to get involved in this penis measuring contest, but judging by this statement, you are suggesting that an alliance is only good if you have strong military. While military does play a role in the success of an alliance, it doesn't determine whether you're the best alliance or not. Afterall, military is one strategy and not the fundamental element to winning rounds.

It's quite basic maths that if an alliance filled with active members that responds to defence requests turtles up that there is going to be a coalition of alliances to put even more fleets on you to break your barriers. Just because you're capable of taking large amounts of incoming doesn't make you the best.

Last round, Norse was the best because they outsmarted everyone else and they deserve to be recognised for that. Ultores played a strong, but they ultimately lost the round.

Just for the record, this is my personal opinion.
If PA alliances were balanced then saying alliances have to do more than be just great military outfits would be absolutely applicable over the course of a single round. But from recent rounds, I just don't see that being the case.

There have been rounds where an alliance's military strength on its own has been reason enough for alliances to gang up on them to stop them from winning from tick 1, with whole alliances sacrificing their own chances if necessary. In this situation winning is approaching a political and military impossibility. The skill in the scenario you're describing is what you make of the aftermath once it's impossible for the most military capable alliance to win. And that's not to do it down, because navigating choppy political waters is difficult, but to a degree you do require things to go your way.

What are Ultores supposed to do in this scenario? Play badly for a couple of rounds in an effort to hoodwink their enemies? They're the best because the game's politics has generally revolved around stopping them, and they manage to win rounds from time to time. Just because you lose a round doesn't suddenly mean you became shit overnight.

Last edited by lokken; 6 Mar 2016 at 22:14.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2016, 23:55   #367
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

I'm afraid it's just a matter of opinion on who is the best, unless X alliance is winning consistently. So you can argue that Ultores is the best due to military purposes, and others can disagree. The only 'facts' we're going to see is statistics.

Ultores is certainly the strongest, but that's different from being the best. Back in their prime, they were certainly the best due to their outstanding continuous win streak.
Unread 6 Mar 2016, 23:56   #368
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
you are suggesting that an alliance is only good if you have strong military.
Nope, i'm saying that Ultores are winners, not suggesting anything else. I didn't even say we're the best, you're the one trying to grab your epenis here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
They're the best because the game's politics has generally revolved around stopping them, and they manage to win rounds from time to time. Just because you lose a round doesn't suddenly mean you became shit overnight.
This was more or less what i was saying, wich Clouds missed completely and with intention

I've had HC's in more than one of the alliances in the aforementioned coalition state the following(wich underlines my point): Ult are too good, and we can't allow them to win every round/too often.

* We do not exist *

Unread 7 Mar 2016, 00:03   #369
Clouds

Quote:
Nope, i'm saying that Ultores are winners
That's quite a biased comment. P3n could say they're winners too, even HR. You have your opinion, I have mine and so does the pope.
Unread 7 Mar 2016, 00:06   #370
Clouds

Quote:
I've had HC's in more than one of the alliances in the aforementioned coalition state the following(wich underlines my point): Ult are too good, and we can't allow them to win every round/too often.
Wow, you're going down the arrogance route too? Arrogance isn't a very attractive trait, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.
Unread 7 Mar 2016, 00:14   #371
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
Wow, you're going doing the arrogance route too? Arrogance isn't a very attractive trait, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.
I'm just repeating what other alliances hc's tell me.

It's OK tho, you say ultores aren't winners, I say they are. You can disagree, but arrogance is dismissing my view as biased and arrogant. Could even be considered trolling. Hf tho, Nn!

* We do not exist *

Unread 7 Mar 2016, 00:23   #372
Clouds

Oh, I read your post wrong it seems, so my apologies (this is what happens when I drink too much cider!).

Personally, I respect Ultores, but I don't respect some of your members' arrogance on here, but I suppose you get a lot of criticism, too.
Unread 7 Mar 2016, 09:59   #373
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

What other alliance HC say this? I have another name for it other than winners...as do most I believe
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2016, 10:57   #374
Sandvold

Sandvold will become famous soon enoughSandvold will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demort View Post
as for the norse subject we knew it was coming around 5 days before it came as norse hc told us plus a few in ult and a few other people elsewhere so we knew it was coming so we tried to outscore the score gain from adding planets but a persons crash at home instead of hiding fleet but i think we kept him up late hehe cost us the win as much as norse taking it
l
Interesting that you got told 5 days in advance, I didn't even know then. As we said in the eorc, we had one goal, stop the first alliance that hit us to win. P3n tried twice, but they didn't really have any chance of winning. Then FL hit us, so we got a goal to stop FL winning. When it was clear that Ult couldn't take you we decided to look for oot planets. The 2nd last day we had 2 planets for a score of 7 mill oot, one being the brother of one guy in Norse, Foxx and on99 that earlier got kicked from p3n. So I'm quite surprised you knew 5 days upfront. If FL hadn't hit us we wouldn't have done it. And we decided on adding the oot the last day, but we mailed out a day earlier to see how much we actually could get oot.

If you actually had us as a contender i guess you would have attacked us with p3n two days before the end, but you went for HR instead.

I also find it interesting that we told some Ult's. I asked Agar last day if he had anything against it since we were a part of that block, and we didn't want to take the win last min if it wasn't OK for them. We wouldn't have done it either if Ult were winning. It was okey for Ult and they helped us to find another larget oot. He also told us to declare war on you which gave us 5% more cap and more XP, might be what pushed us to the win.

Also you(xoca) not sure and munkee said that you (p3n and FL) were hitting us to stop the possibility for Ult to XP from us. That there was rumours that Ult would break NAP with us.

We also crashed over 1 mill in base the tick before last, but scanning, quest, forum roids + upgrades on the ones that wasn't upgraded was enough to pass you with a small amount.
Sandvold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2016, 16:03   #375
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
What other alliance HC say this? I have another name for it other than winners...as do most I believe
I don't post logs and out people, but there are people in FL/p3ng/nd hc that has said variations of "Ult are too good, and we can't allow them to win every round/too often". If these people confirm, then fine. If not, i guess you'll have to take my word for it(lol, that would be the day).

* We do not exist *

Unread 7 Mar 2016, 22:15   #376
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
They say it on here. Munkee has said so, gm has certainly said so in the past.
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 04:38   #377
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't post logs and out people, but there are people in FL/p3ng/nd hc that has said variations of "Ult are too good, and we can't allow them to win every round/too often". If these people confirm, then fine. If not, i guess you'll have to take my word for it(lol, that would be the day).
I think it's more a matter of self preservation; if Ult (or any alliance, really) runs away with the round then anyone not in that alliance will have a very hard time holding onto roids. It's happened a few times before that the top20-50 is dominated by the winning alliance's players.

I'd be fine with Ult winning 5 rounds in a row, as long as they had to fight for it.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 06:48   #378
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
I think it's more a matter of self preservation; if Ult (or any alliance, really) runs away with the round then anyone not in that alliance will have a very hard time holding onto roids. It's happened a few times before that the top20-50 is dominated by the winning alliance's players.

I'd be fine with Ult winning 5 rounds in a row, as long as they had to fight for it.
I honestly don't think that, apart from maybe round 43, ult has ever had an easy win.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 09:03   #379
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Munkee has said so
Nope.
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 09:19   #380
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, no one in p3n thinks this...no one with half a brain anyway.

But if it's what you guys need to feel a level of importance. Sure, why not...you're "winners"
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 10:05   #381
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton

But if it's what you guys need to feel a level of importance. Sure, why not...you're "winners"
Lokken isn't ult. Just because someone doesn't share your ult hatred doesn't mean they are in ult pal
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 10:43   #382
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:

Do you even know what you are saying? Half this topic has been about Ultores being superior to others or about Ultores cheating. How could we not feel superior to such pathetic people. Hell PA has to see if making it so 1 guy could DC 62 fleets would stop allies like P3ng/CT/ND from losing so many roids with barely any incoming. Being so bad PA team has to throw you a life line.. Yes ofcourse people will feel superior to you.
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 10:56   #383
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

It's basically an in-game team viewer, to even the playing field like.

You know that program that only the accusers knew how to operate
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 11:41   #384
Clouds

I don't think FL is far behind Ultores in terms of defene capability.
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 12:17   #385
Munkee
Dictator

Personally I found BF defence to be better than ults. I know from our previous title races with BF. I also have to agree faceless defence was very good last round, ultores seemed to shed a huge amount of value during their defence phase.
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 12:24   #386
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I don't think FL is far behind Ultores in terms of defene capability.
I think the main difference is not in how many incs FL and Ult can DC in one night, but how many nights with more than 200 incs each can endure and Ultores can endure a lot more nights.
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 12:25   #387
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
Personally I found BF defence to be better than ults. I know from our previous title races with BF. I also have to agree faceless defence was very good last round, ultores seemed to shed a huge amount of value during their defence phase.
Did it shed or did it stand still? Obviously their def phase lasted for about 3 weeks so their roids and value gain would have stagnated quite a bit
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 13:17   #388
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
We view this as a win. Goal was no ult win and they didn't.

Butcher is completely incorrect as per usual. Faceless knew that norse had a shot for quite some time as it was mentioned in our block chan. We all agreed it didn't actual matter if norse won and hence they were never a priority to hit. From our perspective there was fl p3ng with a chance then fl ct norse.

The right outcome was achieved and I don't belive anyone should read any truth in anything butcher says. He and many others posting on the forums are so disconnected from the groups who were actually involved in day to day discussions that at best he is a news a reporter stood outside the building trying to get a glimpse of leaders behind the closed doors.

To all those people who were actually part of this I have to say it was great working with you all. Have to say also chimpie is a great front man for ultores politics. I think ultores would struggle hugely without someone so normal running things on that side. A bunch of hate for ult came when Agar3s decided to step in and provoke others.
Yeah fair cop, on rereading I read way too much into this. Retracted.
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 13:33   #389
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
Do you even know what you are saying? Half this topic has been about Ultores being superior to others or about Ultores cheating. How could we not feel superior to such pathetic people. Hell PA has to see if making it so 1 guy could DC 62 fleets would stop allies like P3ng/CT/ND from losing so many roids with barely any incoming. Being so bad PA team has to throw you a life line.. Yes ofcourse people will feel superior to you.
A lifeline? More that because of the nature of teamviewer it's almost impossible to stop your cheating. This is their exasperated move to try and balance the playing field.

Yea yea I know you never ever cheated.......
ReaperSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 13:47   #390
Krypton
KK

No no Reaper, half this topic has been about Ult being superior to others (what only Ultores players have been stating for their own peace of mind) and the other half about Ultores cheating.

It's just fact...no one thinks Ult are better on an even playing field. As a metaphor, other allies have been playing uphill & into the wind while Ultores have been playing downhill with the wind. That is why only yourselves within Ult call yourselves winners, but no one outside of Ult will do so - apart from Ult lovers (BB, Tia, Kaiba - who I'm pretty sure are the same person judging by their previous posts).

I also second munkee's sentiments that in terms of allies we have been at war with previously, BF has had by far the best defence.

Edit: A side note, superior activity does not mean superiority.
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 13:51   #391
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Yeah fair cop, on rereading I read way too much into this. Retracted.
Surely his first line is clear admission tho...
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 13:54   #392
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix
A lifeline? More that because of the nature of teamviewer it's almost impossible to stop your cheating. This is their exasperated move to try and balance the playing field.

You all claim there's evidence of Ult cheating laying around, yet there's not been anything published yet.

Just becasuse we are better than you does not mean we are cheating, but if that's what you have to tell yourselves to feel better then by all means
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 13:56   #393
Krypton
KK

Quote:
No no Reaper, half this topic has been about Ult being superior to others (what only Ultores players have been stating for their own peace of mind) and the other half about Ultores cheating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Just becasuse we are better than you does not mean we are cheating, but if that's what you have to tell yourselves that to feel better then by all means
Point proved.

This evidence was passed to MH's for reasons already stated.

Thanks for your time!
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 13:58   #394
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix View Post

We are so superior to you that you can't comprehend it. So it must be cheating, thanks for confirming it though.

Quote:

It's just fact...no one thinks Ult are better on an even playing field. As a metaphor, other allies have been playing uphill & into the wind while Ultores have been playing downhill with the wind. That is why only yourselves within Ult call yourselves winners, but no one outside of Ult will do so - apart from Ult lovers (BB, Tia, Kaiba - who I'm pretty sure are the same person judging by their previous posts).

I also second munkee's sentiments that in terms of allies we have been at war with previously, BF has had by far the best defence.

Edit: A side note, superior activity does not mean superiority.
But they do, even if you do not agree with it. It still remains an active way of blocking against Ultores. The support is gained easily against Ultores cause other allies see us as superior. You most likely can not name a single round where Ultores didnt go to #1 while there were no wars going on for the first 350-400 ticks.

Example: Every alliance that played to win, saw Ultores as their main contender.

You will likely try to claim cheats again. Cause you feel inferior to Ultores. Which again is something natural to people that dont understand the will of teamplay and joint effort.
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 14:01   #395
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

Quote:
You all claim there's evidence of Ult cheating laying around, yet there's not been anything published yet.

Just becasuse we are better than you does not mean we are cheating, but if that's what you have to tell yourselves to feel better then by all means
I've never claimed to have evidence. I've also never said your better that's your standard line.

Listen I simply pointed out to Agar that in no way are the new changes a life line it's more a realization by the PA team that they can't stop the rampant cheating a cross this game.
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 14:02   #396
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
We are so superior to you that you can't comprehend it. So it must be cheating, thanks for confirming it though.

But they do, even if you do not agree with it. It still remains an active way of blocking against Ultores. The support is gained easily against Ultores cause other allies see us as superior. You most likely can not name a single round where Ultores didnt go to #1 while there were no wars going on for the first 350-400 ticks.

Example: Every alliance that played to win, saw Ultores as their main contender.

You will likely try to claim cheats again. Cause you feel inferior to Ultores. Which again is something natural to people that dont understand the will of teamplay and joint effort.
Does it bother you that your name will always have an asterix like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens?
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 14:08   #397
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton
Point proved.

Thanks for your time!
If you have evidence about cheating in previous rounds, what are the MH's going to do? Why not name and shame?
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 14:12   #398
Wouter

Quote:
Point proved.

Thanks for your time!
No Ult planet got closed over the past 10 rounds? Doubt Ult ever had any planets closed. I could be mistaken.

Last edited by lokken; 8 Mar 2016 at 16:23.
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 14:17   #399
Krypton
KK

Quote:
If you have evidence about cheating in previous rounds, what are the MH's going to do? Why not name and shame?
For clarification, I'm not the one with proof.

There is no point naming and shaming because it happens at the top of individual alliances. Yes, we have a responsibility as a community to stamp it out, but it is up to the alliances themselves and those in charge to not participate or allow participation in said acts. If they are involved in said acts, there is no incentive for them to stamp it out - ergo it will keep happening.

So you take it to those that police the game - the MH Team...as has been done, and a change has been implemented to try to counteract the accusations made.
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 14:17   #400
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix
I've never claimed to have evidence. I've also never said your better that's your standard line.

Listen I simply pointed out to Agar that in no way are the new changes a life line it's more a realization by the PA team that they can't stop the rampant cheating a cross this game.
Of course it will be our standard line when you resort to cheating accusations when you lose