User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 14 Mar 2006, 13:03   #101
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: stopping ascendency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Would it be more :crymeariver: laughable than this joke of a round?

XP has completely outplayed its role and I see no reason keep any xp influenced system.
Good grief I wasn't proposing playing this exact round over again. I can't see why I can never get anyone to discuss my diminishing returns for xp inside certain value ranges idea. New players have it initially so you get the benefit of it being there when they sign up, it defeats the point of keeping your value staggeringly low as eventually you'll be gaining **** all xp, and it even encourages new planets to increase their value so they gain more xp in the next value range!
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 13:11   #102
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-CuRa
there's alliances out there that don't?
Individuals yes, whole alliances don't have feelings.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 13:19   #103
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Well I for one question the argument that xp keeps new players playing. It may keep old returning players playing who has the knowledge of PA to fully utilise the xp-strategy, but I seriously doubt new players who has just got bashed back to 70 roids and 1 Harpy thinks; "Bleeedin`hell I`m ranked 500, without this xp thingie I would be ranked 800 or something. I have no ships and no roids but at least I`m not ranked around 800. I’ll keep playing".

New players look at their fleet and roidcount and don’t give a damn about their void xp-score.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 13:35   #104
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

i kinda agree; when i returned to PA in r10.5 i myself didn't know about XP simply coz i didn't bother about reading the manual and remembered that i had to get roids and ships to grow, so i went for easy targets with half my value, crappy fleets and nice roids. also i didn't care if i ended rank 101 or rank 2000, only reaching the top 100 counted something for me. i think many new guys think alike. even though i have no idea what can be done to keep new players interested, i don't think that XP (or better said XP alone) is enough and it's effect on new players highly overvalued. tbh i still care more about my fleet than XP, but i am a valueoriented player so pretty biased on that subject
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 13:46   #105
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
A few days later I ask him to paste me his fleet.. he built every single ship type and had a total of about 10 ziz then after i found a shitty target he could take with his 10 ziz, he launched his entire fleet at them and proceeded to get everything other than the ziz destroyed.
i think what goes hand in hand with this is, that many new players don't understand the concept of shipclasses and that all ships only shoot at 1 shipclass; as well init might cause troubles to new players. i don't understand what is so hard understand on this subject, but maybe this should get an own section (with some example battles) in the manual where every player gets pointed towards

Quote:
Rather than have XP the manual should simply emphasis to new players that it's all about fleet composition and keeping your fleet alive, and if that means running away, so be it.
for me and you this is clear, but what i saw from my own galaxies is that new players think that way: that bastard is gonna roid me; ah well at least i kill some of his ships (not considering that they loose their entire fleets coz they didn't consider shipclasses and init again). same solution as above

Quote:
Every round the game gets dumbed down even more to encourage new players, and all that happens is old players leave.
i agree on that as well. imo that game is pretty easy to play after u spent some time studying the manual and there is no need to dumb it more down. whatever game u start u have to spend some learning time at the beginning.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 14:02   #106
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Fact is, what ascendancy achieved is a slap in the face for alliances such as my own. We put efforts in defence, in getting organized. We put value in roids and defending them, in having good fleets for defence and attacks. Look at the ranks, you'll notice Angels is the fattest alliance and probably the alliance with most value aswell.
So yes, it's a slap in the face to see a bunch of players outplay you with doing nearly no efforts at all (which they claim themselves).
Failure to adapt to a changing round situation. Check.

That's not caused by internal factors, it's caused by external factors (prevalence of XP whoring). Usually external factors are political, this one is not. For brevity, I'll call it politics anyway.

So what's that now, 3-4 consecutive rounds in which Angels has ****ed up politically? OHHHH YEAH.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 15:40   #107
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball

That's not caused by internal factors, it's caused by external factors (prevalence of XP whoring). Usually external factors are political, this one is not. For brevity, I'll call it politics anyway.

So what's that now, 3-4 consecutive rounds in which Angels has ****ed up politically? OHHHH YEAH.
Since when has this thread been about us? Was there any purpose in sharing with the community what you think about Angels? Did it contribute to:

a: the topic
b: the discussion

Or did you think it was:

a: constructive
b: non insulting
c: to the point?

Clearly you caught us and yes we make it a plan to **** up in politics every round. I hope this is the answer you're seeking because basicly that's what your reply is all about right?

This is why I shouldn't post, because idiots like you don't even read the discussion or the the topic, they just post to annoy or provoke me (because why on earth would you have a go at Angels in an ascendency thread???) ... good job !!

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 16:07   #108
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Since when has this thread been about us?
I'd say shortly after you decided to post about angels in this thread.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 16:40   #109
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Since when has this thread been about us? Was there any purpose in sharing with the community what you think about Angels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I'd say shortly after you decided to post about angels in this thread.
I'd say shortly after you decided to turn this into a "woe is me, we went for value in an XP round, please feel sorry for Angels" thread. JBG is more to the point though.

Quote:
Did it contribute to:

a: the topic
b: the discussion
Yes. See above.

Quote:
Or did you think it was:
Quote:
a: constructive
Was your post constructive?

Quote:
b: non insulting
To quote from my rep:
red quoting reputation is so bad I really should stop doing it and read the rules

Quote:
c: to the point?
Sorry Kj, did I strain your eyes with excessive reading? Yeah, I'd say I got to the point with minimum fuss, stopping off at logic station on the way.

Quote:
Clearly you caught us and yes we make it a plan to **** up in politics every round. I hope this is the answer you're seeking because basicly that's what your reply is all about right?
I see little alternative to explain why Angels is currently sitting 8th, no matter how many resources you have saved up.

Quote:
This is why I shouldn't post, because idiots like you don't even read the discussion or the the topic, they just post to annoy or provoke me (because why on earth would you have a go at Angels in an ascendency thread???) ... good job !!
You brought up Angels. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Last edited by lokken; 18 Mar 2006 at 11:35.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 16:57   #110
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
II see little alternative to explain why Angels is currently sitting 8th, no matter how many resources you have saved up.
First of all, the reason we're #8 is because this is just a bad round. Our activity, dedication and alot more stuff were below expectations. I'm not gonna be pathetic and find excuses for it. I think every reader here will agree that I've at no point this round tried to put up excuses of why Angels is only ranked #8.

I also think little to no Angels actually still give a flying fk about this round, we're just riding it out and have some remaining fun I guess ...

You're the one assuming I post to gain simpathy for our bad round? You're the one being wrong here. All I said when mentioning Angels is that we're a value based alliance. Whether you wanna lie and insult, furryboy, doesn't change the fact that most our planets are value based.

Did I use this as an excuse for why WE suck this round? No. Did I use this as an example to show how the current PA setup is BAD for alliances that play according to Value rather then XP? Yes.

I don't see why you'd assume I'm trying to find excuses for anything. All my posts did was saying Ascendency deserved to win this round as they addapted the best to the current Stats. That and the fact that I think the current PA setup is pure crap. But since when is having an opinion a reason for pple like you to make offtopic posts, far from the point, with no real purpose?

Ohh and for other potential annoying ****** out there, and you furryboy ... I'm merely a member this round so my opinion does not represent that of Angels. Anything I say this round is my own opinion and nothing more.

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Mar 2006, 17:32   #111
furball

Quote:
First of all, the reason we're #8 is because this is just a bad round. Our activity, dedication and alot more stuff were below expectations. I'm not gonna be pathetic and find excuses for it. I think every reader here will agree that I've at no point this round tried to put up excuses of why Angels is only ranked #8.
Really? Let's keep on reading...

Quote:
I also think little to no Angels actually still give a flying fk about this round, we're just riding it out and have some remaining fun I guess ...
Wait wait wait what's this? Is this an excuse I see before me?

Quote:
Did I use this as an excuse for why WE suck this round? No. Did I use this as an example to show how the current PA setup is BAD for alliances that play according to Value rather then XP? Yes.
What's to stop an alliance from changing its strategy mid-round and going for XP? Especially such a well-run, organised alliance such as Angels.

Quote:
furryboy
Quote:
furryboy
Now now, let's not resort to name-calling.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 18:32   #112
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Really? Let's keep on reading...

It's an excuse as to why Angels are not actively trying anymore. It is no excuse as to why our performance is below-par.

Quote:
What's to stop an alliance from changing its strategy mid-round and going for XP? Especially such a well-run, organised alliance such as Angels.
Because we have/had a lot of players who are ranked high on value and roids and have a chance at top 10-30 ranks, and need the support? Because they'd get roided and lose most of what matters if the rest of the alliance suicided their defense fleets to xp-whore?

And Angels haven't had the best organization this round. Too many individuals never tried to work in a team. If you didn't already know that, I don't think you really are qualified to speak about why Angels failed so badly this round, because you're obviously just guessing.

Quote:
Fact is, what ascendancy achieved is a slap in the face for alliances such as my own. We put efforts in defence, in getting organized. We put value in roids and defending them, in having good fleets for defence and attacks. Look at the ranks, you'll notice Angels is the fattest alliance and probably the alliance with most value aswell.
So yes, it's a slap in the face to see a bunch of players outplay you with doing nearly no efforts at all (which they claim themselves).
Quote:

I'm sorry. But that post almost made me cry. It's a very nice example of how people pick at parts of Kjeldorans post, to have a go at him. You must realize, surely, that if you hadn't put that last line there, you wouldn't have fired him off like that? And you must have read enough posts on AD to realize that putting it there, would make him go off like a bomb.

So why the **** did you?...

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 18:32   #113
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The new players simply dont understand the XP system, even when you carefully explain it and tell them about fleet composition etc etc.

I spent an hour discussing it with a guy in our galaxy, he was terran, we discussed ziz/barg attacks, why XP is better than value as it can't be taken away, we covered the whole thing. He said cool and that he'd build some ships and start attacking when he was out of protection.

A few days later I ask him to paste me his fleet.. he built every single ship type and had a total of about 10 ziz then after i found a shitty target he could take with his 10 ziz, he launched his entire fleet at them and proceeded to get everything other than the ziz destroyed.

There is no amount of dumbing down this game can do to get new playes to fit in, all you can hope is tha an alliance takes them under their wing and puts up with them for long enough so they understand what's going on. And to a larger degree, TGV have been doing this this round and I commend them on it.

Rather than have XP the manual should simply emphasis to new players that it's all about fleet composition and keeping your fleet alive, and if that means running away, so be it.

Every round the game gets dumbed down even more to encourage new players, and all that happens is old players leave.
Amen.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 18:35   #114
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I spent an hour discussing it with a guy in our galaxy, he was terran, we discussed ziz/barg attacks, why XP is better than value as it can't be taken away, we covered the whole thing. He said cool and that he'd build some ships and start attacking when he was out of protection.

The only thing this shows me is that idi sucks at explaining things!
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 18:40   #115
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
mmm, seems there's alot of ego stroking between a certain individual of Ascendency and 1up and eventhough I'd like to just sit back and laugh and rediculous mud slinging ...

Eventhough Ascendancy deserves this victory, you shouldn't suddenly become sore winners, disrespecting and insulting others just because a few individuals don't think you deserve this victory.

People playing in such alliances
that value defence and roids and all over pure XP whoring, if they wanna be mad at something then be mad at the system, at the stats (in general). They allow XP whores to be succesfull. Ascendancy isn't killing PA, they're just taking the current stats to their best advantage. The stats however make alliances as we knew them completely obsolete. There's little to no point in defending atm.

It is beyond me how pple could blame Ascendancy for any of this. Just get over it. Congratulate them with winning this round for being the alliance that addapted the best to the current PA setup. I'm sure even they agree they're probably not up to the same standard of 1up simply because you cannot compare both alliances or their style of playing.

To some ascendancy players, keep your ego's down. You deserved this round but that doesn't make you any better then anyone else and the more you have a go at others, the less respected your victory will be
Planets/alliances that played for value played equally well ... sadly enough this setup doesn't reward that at all. That's the only difference.

rgds Kj
Quote:
I'd say shortly after you decided to turn this into a "woe is me, we went for value in an XP round, please feel sorry for Angels" thread. JBG is more to the point though.
I don't see how you can read out of that post, that people should feel sorry for Angels more than any other value alliance.

Quote:
Was your post constructive?
I think his post was constructive. Surely you've read the pages of flames and whines that followed this event, and the post gave a reasonable explanation why people whine/flame, and it contains a plea to stop it. Yours on the other hand, I didn't consider very constructive.

But of course, I'm biased.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.

Last edited by qebab; 14 Mar 2006 at 18:50.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 20:47   #116
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
not really no, stop trying so hard furball
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 21:07   #117
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Probably because their members dont want to play as xp-whores. 1up has of course been in the same situation but at least half (I`m not sure how many) refused to change to a xp-based strategy knowing that we wouldnt get anywhere in the rankings. You might ask why but I serisouly hope you dont have to.

And this lame attempt to have a go at Kjeldoran only makes you look incredibly stupid. Do yourself a faviour and stop!
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 21:27   #118
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
And this lame attempt to have a go at Kjeldoran only makes you look incredibly stupid. Do yourself a faviour and stop!
I dunno - I think it's more that it's so easy.

It's like having a boxing match with a man with no arms.

Little unfair.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 02:22   #119
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Kj's posts seem reasonable to me. Bit of an excessive response..

There is some factual error in the thread though. Angels did seek to adopt a more "flexible" xp based strategy by ditching half the tag, sending them to three fleet and suggesting (right word?)they Planet Nap the greatest adversary before being re-added to the tag (many of whom presumably kept the Naps). That was a more proactive response than the other alliances in a similar situation to them.

Having said that, I think that might have contributed somewhat to the motivational/teamwork issues qebab explained.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 10:35   #120
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
I don't see how you can read out of that post, that people should feel sorry for Angels more than any other value alliance.
The only reason why I used Angels as an example is simply because I'm Angels and I know how things go and are done in Angels. I could've used 1up aswell but who am I to make assumptions about alliance I'm not involved with?

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Mar 2006, 11:18   #121
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc

There is some factual error in the thread though. Angels did seek to adopt a more "flexible" xp based strategy by ditching half the tag, sending them to three fleet and suggesting (right word?)they Planet Nap the greatest adversary before being re-added to the tag (many of whom presumably kept the Naps). That was a more proactive response than the other alliances in a similar situation to them.

Having said that, I think that might have contributed somewhat to the motivational/teamwork issues qebab explained.
Correct bwtmc, we did put pple outside our tag and we did encourage them to 3 fleet to get their XP up. The reason for this was mainly to get 1up of our backs. Back then we were #2 and 1up seemed to put mild pressure on us, just enough not to grow more then them.
The idea was to go out of the picture for a while. Sadly it did not really help because 1up more or less figured it out and kept hitting our planets (though not in a sence like we had a war or anything).

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Mar 2006, 11:20   #122
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:

get off your high horse a bit mate, KJ made a good post, there was no need to shoot it down as you just made a mockery out of yourself
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 11:26   #123
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:

idd, this was my plan I had devised to make a 'go' of it this round, and to make our own alliance move forward with the times. However the way i personally executed it, was shit. There were no excuses, i simply just did it shit, even though i tried it didnt work, it seemed our players didnt want to adapt, some did some didnt, its always nice to have diversity.

Saying that, most were happy with the way the round was going for them, so why not let them play it how they want, there were no quabbles. Its just a dam shame

<3
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 11:29   #124
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Correct bwtmc, we did put pple outside our tag and we did encourage them to 3 fleet to get their XP up. The reason for this was mainly to get 1up of our backs. Back then we were #2 and 1up seemed to put mild pressure on us, just enough not to grow more then them.
The idea was to go out of the picture for a while. Sadly it did not really help because 1up more or less figured it out and kept hitting our planets (though not in a sence like we had a war or anything).
not entirely, 1up didnt pressue us more than any other alliance, maybe one or two days, nothing heavy. It was more of an attempt to get members to gain massive score increases before being readded, some did so effectively and are now happily in tag, some didnt and didnt understand what had happened, this was due to me most probably of not explaining properly, also maybe there inactivity^^
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 11:42   #125
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
not entirely, 1up didnt pressue us more than any other alliance, maybe one or two days, nothing heavy. It was more of an attempt to get members to gain massive score increases before being readded, some did so effectively and are now happily in tag, some didnt and didnt understand what had happened, this was due to me most probably of not explaining properly, also maybe there inactivity^^
Fair enough, I'm only saying what you told me

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Mar 2006, 15:07   #126
Tomkat

Quote:
Angels did seek to adopt a more "flexible" xp based strategy by ditching half the tag, sending them to three fleet and suggesting (right word?)they Planet Nap the greatest adversary before being re-added to the tag (many of whom presumably kept the Naps). That was a more proactive response than the other alliances in a similar situation to them.
Yeah that was a great idea.

1. Kick members
2. Tell members to three fleet and XP whore
3. Members realise this way of playing is more fun and gives them more score.
4. Members realise further that this is easier than sending defence with Angels.
5. Members don't want to return to Angels because they're enjoying three-fleeting too much

Unread 15 Mar 2006, 15:19   #127
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat

1. Kick members
4. Members realise further that this is easier than sending defence with Angels.
5. Members don't want to return to Angels because they're enjoying three-fleeting too much

Like Alki said, it didn't work out. There's no shame in trying and it's always easy to make comments afterwards.

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:02   #128
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

1. Kick members

6. Members join Ascendancy

:P

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:14   #129
Spetzer
Just a *****

Spetzer is infamous around these partsSpetzer is infamous around these parts

My opinion about ascendancy. Punk´s got lucky because of ships stats being so xp whore friendly.

Last edited by Spetzer; 15 Mar 2006 at 16:26.
Spetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:17   #130
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spetzer
My opinnion about ascendancy. Punk´s got lucky because of ships stats being so xp whore friendly.
You misspelt the word "opinion".
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:39   #131
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Just as a mild aside I put that forward earlier (maybe in a different thread) and got moaned at by some Angels dude for it, when it was actually really relevant!

If that were the case Spetzer then it wouldn't be luck it'd be good (individual) (because the alliance wanted players to adopt any playing style of thier choice) judgement. However, as has been explained a million times in the last week or so the end result hasn't been directed by the ship stats.

Just for the record Steinmetz, when eight "large" players were added to the tag (39-47) two weeks before the end not a single ex-Angels player was added.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 17:55   #132
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont blame ascendancy tbh.
I blame all them value whores.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 23:19   #133
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:

1. Kick members

3 members out of?
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 00:00   #134
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

my opinion is that the ascendancy guys cant stand loosing, have to win.
well whatever, 1up dont win
though i actually would prefer a value based 1up victory to xp whores, cant stand xp whoring!
shame on you exis in asc tag!
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 00:29   #135
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah
my opinion is that the ascendancy guys cant stand loosing, have to win.
well whatever, 1up dont win
though i actually would prefer a value based 1up victory to xp whores, cant stand xp whoring!
shame on you exis in asc tag!
You misspelt "losing".
Unread 18 Mar 2006, 01:23   #136
[SH]Valle
Flying Hamster

[SH]Valle is an unknown quantity at this point

who really cares about this round anyways?
Unread 18 Mar 2006, 01:26   #137
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

me! I CARE!
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2006, 02:06   #138
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:

Assuming you are talking about Angels failing to win a round as a political ****up, i would say that your alliance is in the same position as Angels.

I decided to get rid of this - it isn't your fault, but i'm not even going to entertain discussion of something which i've clearly stated, is against the rules - Lok

Quote:
Here is the trick, an alliance as Angels should have spotted the XP sheme and adapt to the new mechanic, but the minute Angels would have do so, the need for an alliance would have come to be obsolete and i wouldnt see any reason to keep playing as an alliance. (Maybe just to carry the tag and finally end up #1 with most score).
Angels foundation in round12 was based on some values, the XP sheme kills these values. IF players are 3 Fleetings and dont send defense then the players arent needed to be grouped as an alliance as the -1 ETA isnt needed anymore, it push the player to become more selfish and to concentrate more on an individual base.
It kills the Alliance war fun and make almost impossible to take down an alliance if needed and ruin the fun of being in an alliance. No need to attack as an alliance, you could aswell create a BG.
I can understand why certain alliance call XP whoring playing without style. For them it kills and ruin what they built and cherished for round and for years. Angels and many other alliance didnt adapt to the new system, they didnt use it wisely and for that they are bound to lose and there is nothing that can be done. What can be done is work to change this system for future rounds.
This game is about community, imagine there wont be any more alliances because of the XP game style, there wont be any community left. No need for AD anymore. you could also play without being on IRC as defense and communication isnt needed at this scale. Imagine PA without theses things, IRC, AD and the interaction of being in an alliance.

I really think that the reason for Angels they are ranked 8th isnt because they ****ed up politically, but more because lot of their members didnt like the fact they should suicide every day to get up in the ranks, I know this allaince and their player far more than you know them and i can say that they surely wouldnt enjoy to play this way.
They are value player and even if they spotted the XP sheme, they wouldnt want to play the game this way. That costed Angels some ranks.

Is it really the game you want to play?

Last edited by lokken; 18 Mar 2006 at 11:34.
alch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2006, 03:34   #139
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Posting to agree with Kjeldoran. Apparently there really is a first time for everything.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2006, 11:15   #140
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Ascendency are winning because they have leggie!

Hi hun <3
Unread 19 Mar 2006, 11:13   #141
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

The whole discussion revolving around the experience topic seems rather canny to an outsider. Now, I'll rant, but don't expect me to react to the flamebath as I'll won't be around to do it.

Who would have ever foreseen that the alliance closely related to the person who designed the statistics being used would have been the one to (admitted, very wisely) use the statistical scenario to pull off XP*60 stunts? Well, if you ask me, the chances are the person who invented the wheel would be the first one to use it. It takes a while for the rest of the cavemen to see that the wheel is actually useful, and after which, it takes them another while figuring out how it works.

At that point, it's all too late and the poorer cavement cry and whinge. So, God's (yeah, God created man, Jester created stats) nation pulls off a stunning, respectable #1 on the rank sheets, while others struggle to figure why they didn't invent the wheel first. While on it, they satisfy themselves by flaming the cavemen who made it to the wheel first (perhaps because they had a divine guidance to them), being, meanwhile more or less significantly roided by tiny fleets.

Another question is, can a zikonian pull down God's underwear and claim the number one throne of a round winning planet, or will it end up being held by one of destiny's favorites (one of the people who accidentally happened to be with the group rather loosely - or tightly - knit around a tactic the person who created the scheme played probably didn't invent)?

Nevertheless, the alliance victory for Ascendancy is inevitable. It's a breath of fresh air, no matter from how foul a mouth it comes from. Perhaps in the future people pay more attention to the small details and see the image as a whole - people other than the creator of the image, of course.

A solid victory. There's nothing to whine about. Winning strategies around here are rarely seen pure and sincere by competitors, but that doesn't make them any less winning strategies. And the one that has pursuited the best strategy should be proud of their victory. Good work, Ascendancy.

"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2006, 11:29   #142
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Another question is, can a zikonian pull down God's underwear and claim the number one throne of a round winning planet, or will it end up being held by one of destiny's favorites (one of the people who accidentally happened to be with the group rather loosely - or tightly - knit around a tactic the person who created the scheme played probably didn't invent)?
Hmm I thought it was more like; "Will rain be able to get enough people to 'suicide' to catch up". But heh, might be my bad!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2006, 11:31   #143
furball

I expect he's getting in touch with hirr around about.....now.
Unread 19 Mar 2006, 11:39   #144
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

But Stoom, isn't that such a worn comment? I mean, I try to see the irony in who you made that comment to, but it really fails to impress me. Because it's exactly what I expected to see. Evil shipfarmer attempting to outtake the neat XP-players who created the game they play!

As in your work to mock another person's playing style with nothing to back up your claims (except for the popular forum drivel we will soon get from the 1up/Ascendancy board paragons), on a thread where people push similar flamebait on your own 'alliance' and it's 'tactics'. Here, have a cookie.

And furball, I just have to edit a bit and quote you on the same subject on the medium next door:
"Better a xp player than a distorter whore."

Yeah. Also, better an xp player than a shipfarmer. In any way, better myself than anywhore. The opposite side says "distorter player" and "XP whore".
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 19 Mar 2006, 11:42   #145
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

The Stats Have Bugger All To Do With It This Wouldve Applied No Less Effectively Last Round

It's The Scoring System
Unread 19 Mar 2006, 11:45   #146
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

(jester Did Not Design The Scoring System) He Is Not God.
Unread 19 Mar 2006, 11:49   #147
JonnyBGood
Banned

Personally, I severely doubt anyone would bother "farming" to win anymore in PA. The only reason I'd give a shit would be to know I managed, on my own merits, to beat the game straight up. Beating it crooked is just pointless. There's no financial gain to be made so there's very little to be solidly gained from it all. It is only natural that people attack the number one planet or very high up planets at the end of the round.

I'm rather confused by your 1up/ascendancy comment (paragon of what incidentally?) 1up and ascendancy have hardly shown themselves to be the best of friends this round.

Edit: I think on the bright side we can all be very relieved that at least the round won't be won by someone who's ginger.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 19 Mar 2006 at 11:55.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2006, 11:57   #148
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i thought all leprechauns had ginger hair
Unread 19 Mar 2006, 12:48   #149
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
Ascendency are winning because they have leggie!

Hi hun <3
INDEED !

leggie needs to get active again tbh, epenis tells me that im like last in ascendancy, im just shit motivated atm
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2006, 13:10   #150
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
The Stats Have Bugger All To Do With It This Wouldve Applied No Less Effectively Last Round

It's The Scoring System
Actually, ship statistics DO have quite a lot of influence on the characteristics of the round when it comes to offence - defence balance. Statistics can discourage defending, and emphasize on different gaming aspects. If defending was easier by statistics, experience whoring wouldn't perhaps pay off so easily. For what I have seen, statistics can allow you to pump a group of pods through very easily unless highly overdefended against, or they can make snapping a single roid a real tough task. Should roiding be very difficult by statistics, value would emphasis more as it'd be easier to gain than experience. Really, stats usually have bugger all to do with it.

Did you find any bit of reason in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
Personally, I severely doubt anyone would bother "farming" to win anymore in PA. The only reason I'd give a shit would be to know I managed, on my own merits, to beat the game straight up. Beating it crooked is just pointless. There's no financial gain to be made so there's very little to be solidly gained from it all. It is only natural that people attack the number one planet or very high up planets at the end of the round.
I agree with this a lot (it's not like my fiftyfive cents weigh anything here, as a certain group(s) very heavily painted it red on the wall and the winners never have too much credibility around here). It just doesn't cut through most people's minds, though. Additionally, I really even have some faith on the anti-cheap group there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
I'm rather confused by your 1up/ascendancy comment (paragon of what incidentally?) 1up and ascendancy have hardly shown themselves to be the best of friends this round.
Ah, with the 1up/ascendancy comment I wasn't really refering to either alliance as themselves, as but to people that are often quite pressing on forums and have been influental in the 1up path from the older alliances to today's alliances. More like a group of people. And, I forgot to add, a paragon of what's fair, just, and right in the planetarion community; mainly because when I was in a bait with them, they all knew what was happening. They always do, don't they? How off-topic.