User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 May 2005, 07:56   #1
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
is the future of PA in question?

I ask this because personally, if the use of VNC in ANY manner, or for any reason is allowed next round, and is not reason enough for closure, I will never pay, or play PA again, simple as that. No idea if others feel this way or not, it is my personal opinion only, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend money on a game where people are allowed any access to this game from anywhere but their home computer, or their primary computer of use. (ofcoarse cell phones, etc is understandable) Because a way has been found to access multiple planets from one computer, the game is no longer played on a fair playing field, and I won't waste my time on it.

I say this after 12 3/4 rounds of PA....a game I have really enjoyed over the years.

Why is this relevant in the alliance discussion, because very simply, it is one alliance exploiting this feature, an alliance that has a proven history of cheating. And you can argue bitch and moan all you want, but at the end of the day, people aren't stupid, and they know exactly what the hell is going on, and if the admin people refuse to do something about it, to hell with this game. It's about integrity, and it's about time people had some, if this applies to you, oh well, live with it....

Over the rounds I have given my alliance, and this game a good amount of my free time, as a lot of people have. it's been my pleasure to do so, as I've gotten a lot back....but if this continues, it becomes a complete waste of that time. If Jolt and the Pa admin team are going to allow things like this to happen, then why bother

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 21 May 2005 at 08:04.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 08:08   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: is the future of PA in question?

If you can win by using VNC and get away with it, then yes.
Unread 21 May 2005, 09:36   #3
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

That one alliance wont win.

And I for one wont be playing next round, and I know others saying the same (both in the 1up block, and the lch block (some lch members are annoyed that there alliance supports a cheating one).
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 10:25   #4
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Having spent a great amount of spare time into this game, all this bullshit makes me feel insulted. I didn't really care until I saw my ex HC, who I had respect for, say something like this. There is no single night that DCs wouldn't have have called me to wake me up unless I have turned the cell phone to silent mode (yes, I need to sleep sometimes too).

I wonder if mr. Duck thinks that all the ex NDers that left the alliance in order to join EX are cheaters too? (The members that on their own part actually made it possible for ND to finish as high as it did last round.)

As there are so many smart asses in other alliances that know so much about VNC, shouldn't they be accused for cheating too, just because we know they are capable of it?

Please feel free to port scan me. I'm in a university network that can't be accessed from outside. So its not even theoretically possible for me to allow someone connect to my computer.

My first and last post to this discussion. I can see where this discussion is going to and posting here only makes you look stupid.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 10:28   #5
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

Forrest, why do you always post so much BS.

Fact: Exi uses VNC a lot less then 1up used it in the prior two rounds

Not that I say any of the use was used for cheating, that's all opinion. Even Kal stated he uses VNC. So does that make him a cheater to? According to your logic it does.

Choke on that one...
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 10:48   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
I ask this because personally, if the use of VNC in ANY manner, or for any reason is allowed next round, and is not reason enough for closure, I will never pay, or play PA again, simple as that. No idea if others feel this way or not, it is my personal opinion only, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend money on a game where people are allowed any access to this game from anywhere but their home computer, or their primary computer of use. (ofcoarse cell phones, etc is understandable) Because a way has been found to access multiple planets from one computer, the game is no longer played on a fair playing field, and I won't waste my time on it.

I say this after 12 3/4 rounds of PA....a game I have really enjoyed over the years.

Why is this relevant in the alliance discussion, because very simply, it is one alliance exploiting this feature, an alliance that has a proven history of cheating. And you can argue bitch and moan all you want, but at the end of the day, people aren't stupid, and they know exactly what the hell is going on, and if the admin people refuse to do something about it, to hell with this game. It's about integrity, and it's about time people had some, if this applies to you, oh well, live with it....

Over the rounds I have given my alliance, and this game a good amount of my free time, as a lot of people have. it's been my pleasure to do so, as I've gotten a lot back....but if this continues, it becomes a complete waste of that time. If Jolt and the Pa admin team are going to allow things like this to happen, then why bother

And you plan on having them ban VNC use how. Even if they say its banned people can still continue to use it because as far as anyone is concerned from a monitoring situation its from the same machine.

Also VNC had legitimate uses. Just talking from personal experiance here but I use it all the time. I dont reset the given password but that means i can rarely remember it off the top of my head. So when im using my laptop I have a choice, vnc into my main machines or I have to mess around with my email settings and probally wat 24 hours to get the password. VNC is just easier and as such I use it all the time to access pa be it from my own home or if i'm out and about (especially if the place has any kind of blocking software as my vnc setup is setup to work on a none blockable port). If people are allowed to access their accounts from anywhere with the use of fancy new mobiles then I see nothing wrong with people legitimatly using vnc to do the same.

Simply it can be abused but the abuse will happen anyway as its largely undetectable so why put off normal players from using it to allow them to be more active as they will be the only ones who listen to such a ban
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 10:50   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Can someone make some amusing threads for a change? I'm kinda bored reading it all over and over again
Unread 21 May 2005, 10:52   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Move along, move along nothing to see here.
Unread 21 May 2005, 10:54   #9
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Kargool, can you make me some food tonight? Parents out
Unread 21 May 2005, 10:55   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Sure Nadar. I aim to please
Unread 21 May 2005, 11:00   #11
Nadar
I see you!

Good.. I dont like to be alone in this big scary house
Unread 21 May 2005, 11:03   #12
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

If EXil is playing next round like this, i will of course invite Mr Killmark to play, to ensure we have an even playing field this time.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 11:22   #13
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

This thread is diffrent from the others.

Longterm members are threatening to leave the game and never come back because of this outrage. I never played before, but from what I've read and heard, each and every single round that these guys have played has been cheat free. Yep, there's never been proven widescale cheating in this game since it's conception, EVER. Hell, there's never even been mass allegations of cheating like now. Qutting is the logical reaction, because PA's unable to keep the level of cheating to the previous rounds' high standards. Let's not forget, the PA team has a spotless record for finding 99.999% of all these disgusting criminals and punishing them appropriately. Now the PA team can't find any of these rogues. And if one of these cockroaches actually is caught, they reward said individual with free PA merchandise, instead of dealing with them the old way -- account deletion, ip ban followed by lynching and castration.

Last edited by Whitetrash; 21 May 2005 at 11:28.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 11:30   #14
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude
I wonder if mr. Duck thinks that all the ex NDers that left the alliance in order to join EX are cheaters too? (The members that on their own part actually made it possible for ND to finish as high as it did last round.)

No, we call them whimps and shipjumpers, not exactly a strong evidence of character.
Unread 21 May 2005, 11:34   #15
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Personally as long as 1up plays, I'll be doing so too :o

I do quite enjoy a challenge.

Though I suspect that it won't be as challenging as this round's "starting 400 ticks late and going Cathaar this round because I was a total idiot" one.

(PS before anyone misinterprets me, I wasn't suggesting/implying that 1up may/may not play next round - that's ofcourse in the hands of the HC I have no clue, I just meant that if they weren't to do so, I highly doubt any other alliance would accept me after my probable tirades against them on here :D Though most alliances just lack the friends-factor I need to motivate me anyway.)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 12:07   #16
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

People here seem to forget that no matter how hard you try at something there will always be someone better at it than you. Same is true in the real world. Once people accept this fact they have more ability to keep challenging for that #1 spot in life/pa etc.
So in Pa i suspect many people have accepted there will always be someone better and that will mean there will always be a member base trying to outdo themselves.
Its those that cant accept the fact someone is always better that are killing the game...
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 12:09   #17
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

these sort of threads amaze and astound me.

Cheating occurs every round. All i see here is a few alliance trying to get the rest to attack teh evhul cheators. From an independent point of view (yes i am independent) i fail to see why all the sour grapes. Rounds nearly over now and you can all do something useful again and start again when the new rund starts.

I hope all the alliances stay and play next round, albeit the accusations stopping and ppl playing it like it should be played. As a game that can brong you lots of fun. forget the other crap its peripheral, but some ppl take it way too serious.

I put the hours in for my planet and my galaxy (yes galaxy in a random round). We have been roided into the ground numerous times probably by cheats and honest players, but you know what? ITS A GAME. I PLAY TO HAVE FUN, SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE IN MY GALAXY.

trouble is too many ppl listen to too many people who give too many reasons for loosing. Its not life or death, the world isnt gonna end f x y and z leave the game, everthing continues as normal.

Just get on with it and stop the dross threads ta :P
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 12:29   #18
ironhell
Gifted

ironhell is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
these sort of threads amaze and astound me.

I put the hours in for my planet and my galaxy (yes galaxy in a random round). We have been roided into the ground numerous times probably by cheats and honest players, but you know what? ITS A GAME. I PLAY TO HAVE FUN, SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE IN MY GALAXY.

Yuor galaxy SuX0rs

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
There was only one galaxy we couldn't seem to break (lo ironhell)
r3 11:14
r4 130:12
r5 25:20
r6 39:9
ironhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 13:31   #19
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocknLoad

Not that I say any of the use was used for cheating, that's all opinion. Even Kal stated he uses VNC. So does that make him a cheater to? According to your logic it does.

Choke on that one...
1up used it? Funny, I was top 4 1up planet and noone ever logged on to my computer. maybe the top 500 1up people used it huh?
Unread 21 May 2005, 13:35   #20
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Oh,
On topic,
Someone always asks this question. Until jolt actually loses money from PA, it will be around for a while. I can see easy another 5 or 6 rounds. A few will quit, and then they will return and Coven*, once a mickey mouse alliance, will be the top alliance. Then old LCH** members will form an alliance called "Sonic"*** and win 2 rounds in a row. Its a circle. It will just keep going and going and going.

*FAnG
**FURY
***1UP
Unread 21 May 2005, 14:02   #21
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Oh LnL, atleast lie with barely believable statements. Either that or you don't understand what the word "Fact" means.

Contrary to your clearly oblivious statement, the few cases(3-4 maybe?) in which a 1up-er got closed in r11/12 it was generally due another 1up-er reporting suspicious activity or me getting closed for a naughty galbanner . How on earth you managed to get from the truth to the crap you said, I have no idea.
Unread 21 May 2005, 14:20   #22
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Choke on that one...

Do you grasp the concept of irony ?

Fact: How would you know how 1up uses vnc ? (for trollmongers: He claimed that 1up does, so I have to ask him, so spare the obvious replies).
Unread 21 May 2005, 14:22   #23
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Stop making threads that tell people how to cheat
Reading how easy it is makes it very tempting tbh

Can't we just spam the PA team about it instead

Last edited by Alessio; 21 May 2005 at 14:45.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 15:15   #24
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
People here seem to forget that no matter how hard you try at something there will always be someone better at it than you. Same is true in the real world. Once people accept this fact they have more ability to keep challenging for that #1 spot in life/pa etc.
So in Pa i suspect many people have accepted there will always be someone better and that will mean there will always be a member base trying to outdo themselves.
Its those that cant accept the fact someone is always better that are killing the game...
My statement is just that, a statement, this is SO not about someone being a better player than me, I could care less about that, as long as I'm having fun playing a game, it doesn't bother me that their are better players. In PA, I have never finished with the top planet, and I haven't had issues with that, I don't stay up weeping till the wee hours of the morning crushed that I'm not the best PA player in the world. I have success in my life in everything I've done, so believe me, my confidence isn't the least bit shaken. I've served my country with honor, I've done my best to be a good husband and father, and I do my best each day to try to live with integrity.

PA is a game, and I have no false pre-conceptions that it is anything else. But just like anything else, I expect, no I demand a fair playing field, and this arena no longer offers that.
Unread 21 May 2005, 15:17   #25
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude
Having spent a great amount of spare time into this game, all this bullshit makes me feel insulted. I didn't really care until I saw my ex HC, who I had respect for, say something like this. There is no single night that DCs wouldn't have have called me to wake me up unless I have turned the cell phone to silent mode (yes, I need to sleep sometimes too).

As there are so many smart asses in other alliances that know so much about VNC, shouldn't they be accused for cheating too, just because we know they are capable of it?

Please feel free to port scan me. I'm in a university network that can't be accessed from outside. So its not even theoretically possible for me to allow someone connect to my computer.

My first and last post to this discussion. I can see where this discussion is going to and posting here only makes you look stupid.
Hude not once have I ever insinuated that you cheat, I had respect for you to, until you jumped ship mid round. I would have completely understood if you had left pre round to play for another alliance, and would have wished you good luck, allthough I would have felt bad about seeing a good player go elsewhere. That wasn't the case though was it. I guess we're even on the "losing respect" issue. In any case, one has nothing to do with the other.
Unread 21 May 2005, 15:35   #26
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

btw to quote kal from some other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal
it is technically possible to prevent vnc users accessing pa, and I am currently researching the best way to implement this, and whether though technically possible it is feasible for us to implement it
If he does that.. and people can ask for exceptions that unlocks that option to use vnc for their account with the multi hunters
then their shouldnt be a problem right? or is that very narrow minded
Unread 21 May 2005, 15:39   #27
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
btw to quote kal from some other thread

If he does that.. and people can ask for exceptions that unlocks that option to use vnc for their account with the multi hunters
then their shouldnt be a problem right? or is that very narrow minded
kal is wrong there btw.. he cant, he can portscan for each login and such, and block everyone with open ports to vnc, but he cant block only those trying to log in trough vnc..
Thats technically impossible

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 15:56   #28
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Why dont we just make account sharing legal, that way EVERYBODY wins*

I am sure we will hear no complaints about this suggestion from the Exil crowd.

*loses
Unread 21 May 2005, 16:00   #29
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
kal is wrong there btw.. he cant, he can portscan for each login and such, and block everyone with open ports to vnc, but he cant block only those trying to log in trough vnc..
Thats technically impossible
we had a clever technique in mind that was based about exploiting the way vnc renders things, but it seems vnc has become to advanced for the technique we were thinking of to work. However maybe I should email the guy at my uni who is behind realvnc and see if he has any ideas.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 16:45   #30
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Oh,
On topic,
Someone always asks this question. Until jolt actually loses money from PA, it will be around for a while. I can see easy another 5 or 6 rounds. A few will quit, and then they will return and Coven*, once a mickey mouse alliance, will be the top alliance. Then old LCH** members will form an alliance called "Sonic"*** and win 2 rounds in a row. Its a circle. It will just keep going and going and going.

*FAnG
**FURY
***1UP
Your insults are rather pathetic Chika ... What is it with you and insulting all alliance you've been in so far (bar Fury) ... You always bitch about idiotic HC's, selfish HC's, retarded HC's ...

I suggest you start your own alliance and form your own perfect HC (won't be much choice since you think 99% of Pa are retards) and then we'll see what wonderful skills you have since you ALWAYS think you know it better ...

Maybe you should prove it instead of whine about it. Before you joined FAnG (the alliance you insulted) you were nobody. You ended 2nd when in FAnG and suddenly you get this superiority complex and you start dishing your old alliances ... Realise that you've not proven a single thing that could even remotely justify your arrogance.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 17:09   #31
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Oh LnL, atleast lie with barely believable statements. Either that or you don't understand what the word "Fact" means.

Contrary to your clearly oblivious statement, the few cases(3-4 maybe?) in which a 1up-er got closed in r11/12 it was generally due another 1up-er reporting suspicious activity or me getting closed for a naughty galbanner . How on earth you managed to get from the truth to the crap you said, I have no idea.

He gets his facts the same way everyone else does. By what everyone else is saying.

Angry you wanna quit? More power too you it's a great life out there! I tried to quit before this round before a friend (love ya Noah02 ) dragged me back in here. I am hoping that this is my last round as well.

That is all I am saying on this thread seeing as I believe it already got closed yesterday?
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Amycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 17:49   #32
jerome

fact
  1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
    1. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.
    2. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
    3. Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.
  2. A thing that has been done, especially a crime: an accessory before the fact.
  3. Law. The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence: The jury made a finding of fact
IS NOT THE SAME AS

o·pin·ion
  1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
  2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
  3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
  4. The prevailing view: public opinion.
  5. Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.
Unread 21 May 2005, 18:29   #33
Jumo

Jumo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
See jerome`'s post regarding the difference between opinion and fact.
Jumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 18:32   #34
D3coy`

D3coy` can only hope to improve

CHEATOFOBIA

Here we go again

PA is in danger, whatever. Forum gasps
flaming winning people is so lame

Don't worry about PA, itll never die (atleast we'll play few years more)
It's most interesting and balanced game i ever played.
Thanx to PA team, wich keeps it up to date, and integrates some new FUN shit
Personally i will play till def if get invited to join EX core alliance.

Me waves to LDK peeps, that are still here
"Allways outnumbered, never outgunned!"
So True

Last edited by D3coy`; 21 May 2005 at 18:39.
D3coy` is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 18:46   #35
Hallava

Hallava is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetrash
This thread is diffrent from the others.

Longterm members are threatening to leave the game and never come back because of this outrage. I never played before, but from what I've read and heard, each and every single round that these guys have played has been cheat free. Yep, there's never been proven widescale cheating in this game since it's conception, EVER. Hell, there's never even been mass allegations of cheating like now. Qutting is the logical reaction, because PA's unable to keep the level of cheating to the previous rounds' high standards. Let's not forget, the PA team has a spotless record for finding 99.999% of all these disgusting criminals and punishing them appropriately. Now the PA team can't find any of these rogues. And if one of these cockroaches actually is caught, they reward said individual with free PA merchandise, instead of dealing with them the old way -- account deletion, ip ban followed by lynching and castration.
I can't be 100% sure as your nick is newly registered, but I imagine you're being *heavily* sarcastic here? I hope no one read that as if you weren't.

Disclaimer: I've had a few rounds' pause but I've never played a round with so little signs of cheating on any scale before. I think that's a good sign and I hope the trend continues.
Unread 21 May 2005, 18:48   #36
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3coy`

CHEATOFOBIA

Here we go again
By making fun of "cheatofobia"* are you, or are you not firstly, implying that people who mind cheating are doing are wrong? and also that you yourself do not mind it? Which would of course also implicate yourself as a vague admittance of certain claims associated to your alliance.

*should be phobia, not fobia btw.

PS You might want to spell your own alliance's name accurately in your signature.,
Unread 21 May 2005, 19:06   #37
D3coy`

Quote:
By making fun of "cheatofobia"* are you, or are you not firstly, implying that people who mind cheating are doing are wrong? and also that you yourself do not mind it? Which would of course also implicate yourself as a vague admittance of certain claims associated to your alliance.
The idea and a fact is

I don't cheat(belive it or not), got roided MANY times, and am ~top50 plus gowing.
And I don't think some1 cheats as much as is written here(or simple cheats).
If you are dedicated to the game and alliance, have irc access atleast at home, and can wake up to cover SMS defcall at night: your are worth being in top20.
And you WILL be.

IMHO: maximum cheating here is using proxies, but it is a very huge time and nerve waste. Tryied those in first rounds of SS, a very begining of PIA. I had almost NO sleep.
Maybe few indivduals use whatever you say, maybe, but a VERY VERY few.
People play to have fun, noobs play to win anycost.
Cheating too great ass pain

P.S. english is not my native language, typing as i can
You understand my typing/spelling - object is achieved :P

Last edited by D3coy`; 21 May 2005 at 19:12.
Unread 21 May 2005, 19:26   #38
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
IMHO: maximum cheating here is using proxies, but it is a very huge time and nerve waste. Tryied those in first rounds of SS, a very begining of PIA. I had almost NO sleep.
Sounds like your admiting that you have a history of cheating here.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 21:27   #39
Jumo

Jumo is on a distinguished road

Quote:

*should be phobia, not fobia btw.

PS You might want to spell your own alliance's name accurately in your signature.,
Personally, I think he's mocking the ridiculousness of people's claims in this witch hunt. 30+ EXilition members closed? Get real.

That's what this is turning into, a witch hunt. EXilition dethrone the ego inflated 1up and now the 1up propaganda machine begins spouting out how this game has gone to hell because of EXilition's "obvious" cheating.
Jumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2005, 21:52   #40
D3coy`

Yepp, i admit i cheated, so what? You didn't?

[sarcasm]
Cheating is like wanking, everyone does, noone admits
[/sarcasm]

but that was vital those days (around 1,5-2 years ago)
You have no farms/def accounts - you loose

and it has nothing to do with PA today (from round 5 or so)
I get payed acc, i play fairly, and wount get down people who gave me such a great honor of playing with them.

Last edited by D3coy`; 21 May 2005 at 22:49.
Unread 21 May 2005, 21:52   #41
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Sounds like your admiting that you have a history of cheating here.

i can honestly say i have only ever known a few people as active as d3coy, daku and subo and valvalis come to mind, but not many can beat this guy for being online and irc active. I think although d3coy said it rather badly he has a point.

Too many are coming to these forums and spreading mallicious rumours of cheating. Some even possibly believe it, but at the end of the day the lack of closures does vindicate them somewhat.

For th elove of god just get on with playing the game... PLEASE!
Proud to be Independent
Unread 21 May 2005, 22:56   #42
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
[sarcasm]
Cheating is like wanking, everyone does, noone admits
[/sarcasm]
TBH, I wank a lot more than I cheat.
Unread 21 May 2005, 23:23   #43
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Rumad, do you enjoy making a fool out of yourself?

Or did you post before you read d3coy's answer?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 00:25   #44
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

If something drastical isnt done before this round ends, it is definatly the last round I play planetarion. Thats not a 'threat', its a fact. I have sacrificed my real life and entire school years to play this game - but if this is how its gonna be, the show wont go on ^^

-TheRat

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 06:09   #45
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Rumad, do you enjoy making a fool out of yourself?

Or did you post before you read d3coy's answer?
i read his post and i have already amitted pre round 5 i have dabbled in cheating. SO WHAT???

There is a difference between people who are honest about there past and those that lie or hide it. So what if he has cheated in the past? At the end of the day people should be judged on there merits not there past actions.

And zhukov he is right. Too many people here are quick to throw the blame and come over all high and mighty, yet have a chequered history themselves. At the end of the day if they haven't been closed then PA team must believe they are playing the game as it should be. I really don't se what al the fuss is over.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 22 May 2005, 06:13   #46
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
If something drastical isnt done before this round ends, it is definatly the last round I play planetarion. Thats not a 'threat', its a fact. I have sacrificed my real life and entire school years to play this game - but if this is how its gonna be, the show wont go on ^^

-TheRat
this post just makes you sound a bit of a saddo. Go enjoy life. PA isn't a career, a vocation or even serious. Its a game and if you are sacrificing your life to play an online game then your priorities need to change.

Play, enjoy and get on with your life. PA is but a game, a good game, but just a game.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 22 May 2005, 06:23   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
At the end of the day people should be judged on there merits not there past actions.
How do you evaluate someone's merits if not by their actions? I'm sure we have all heard that "actions speak louder than words".

Quote:
At the end of the day if they haven't been closed then PA team must believe they are playing the game as it should be.
That's nonsensical gibberish which excuses literally anything presuming pateam don't close your account for it. To counter a point I made somewhere else (which was no doubt passed over in the mad rush for everyone to call everyone else an idiot) absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. It just means one must suspend absolute judgement.

Quote:
this post just makes you sound a bit of a saddo. Go enjoy life. PA isn't a career, a vocation or even serious. Its a game and if you are sacrificing your life to play an online game then your priorities need to change.

Play, enjoy and get on with your life. PA is but a game, a good game, but just a game.
Any activity which you participate in with other people can become more than a game due to the relationships that are formed. Play, as Schiller noted, is the paradigm of intrinsic value (I have now used this quote twice on the internet within a week, strange).

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 22 May 2005 at 06:30.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 07:28   #48
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
At the end of the day people should be judged on there merits not there past actions.
your past actions are a big part of your "merits" as they are a large part in what we look at when judging a person.... or an alliance for that matter

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 22 May 2005 at 07:29. Reason: spelling
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2005, 07:36   #49
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood

1) How do you evaluate someone's merits if not by their actions? I'm sure we have all heard that "actions speak louder than words".

2) That's nonsensical gibberish which excuses literally anything presuming pateam don't close your account for it. To counter a point I made somewhere else (which was no doubt passed over in the mad rush for everyone to call everyone else an idiot) absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. It just means one must suspend absolute judgement.

3) Any activity which you participate in with other people can become more than a game due to the relationships that are formed. Play, as Schiller noted, is the paradigm of intrinsic value (I have now used this quote twice on the internet within a week, strange).

I agree someones actions do speak louder than words and i can tell you that we get in contact with d3coy by sms (in gala) and he replies and comes online. Now if thats cheating i am a donkeys uncle. You cannot however escape your past actions. D3coy obviously ahs decided at some point he didn't want to cheat so stopped. He also is playing a "clean round". Surely that action while not corecting his earlier mistakes shows that the dude obviously has changed his opinions on how to play. However i also understand myself cheating in prior rounds before round 5 that you cannot become a hippocrit and start lambasting everyone that has / does cheat.

2) not really - you would expect some closures to back up what is said if they are truly cheating. That doesn mean mass closure, just enough t make what is aid have some credibility. I know like you PA team are crap at closures, but, not that crap :P

3) I am sure strong bonds are made. I have lots of friends and i have played for several rounds. I was in the trap whreby i found pa the be all and end all, but now its something I play in my spare time. A game is a game is a game, Not worth messing your life up over is it really regardless of the psychobabble you use to explain it
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 22 May 2005 at 07:43.
Unread 22 May 2005, 07:40   #50
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
your past actions are a big part of your "merits" as they are a large part in what we look at when judging a person.... or an alliance for that matter
not really your past actions are thingsyou have done in the past. I was a wanker of a hc and now i am not. Does that mean i am still a wanker? I don't think so, but i am sure some here believe that to be true.

Your past actions are things you say or do in a given situation. Your reaction can be right or wrong, If you judge people on those past actions then you are an ass. I judge people on their merits. Everyone makes mistakes, some make bigger ones than others, but you cannot hold that person accountable for some discretions years ago. Thats just plain silly.
Proud to be Independent