User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 20 Mar 2009, 18:50   #601
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Re: An open message to Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post
So guys after suffering a brain haemorrhage after page 3, and passing out for several hours, i've finally come around and decided rather than risk suffering aids of the brain, i'll just ask, what is your crack?
that nobody is stopping Asc from winning and that all nobody therefor suck

Last edited by dabult; 20 Mar 2009 at 19:06.
dabult is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2009, 19:12   #602
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

I would like to forward what stay_posi posted and ninjadeleted.

Quote:
---Quote (Originally by dabult)---
that nobody is stopping Asc from winning that and all nobody therefor suck
---End Quote---
its not that nobody is trying, its just that they aren't succeeding
just because im bored, one kid has the playstation and another has the tv
Unread 20 Mar 2009, 19:53   #603
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult View Post
that nobody is stopping Asc from winning and that all nobody therefor suck
Uh-huh, yeah.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2009, 20:20   #604
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road

I have faith in your ability to catch up with them.

Yeah Baby Yeah

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2009, 20:56   #605
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That's a misleading graph and (I hope) you know it as well as I do. Allow me to give you some more useful figures. This is why we're not gaining on NewDawn:

NewDawn Size: 112596 (100729)
Ascendancy Size: 157063 (102166)

The underlined bit is roids on our top60 planets.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 20 Mar 2009, 21:49   #606
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Whats with all the talk about top60 planets anyway? Does it in any way effect final rankings?

serious question
Unread 20 Mar 2009, 21:51   #607
JDD
aka Duncan

JDD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Whats with all the talk about top60 planets anyway? Does it in any way effect final rankings?

serious question
Only the top 60 planets in each alliance count towards the collective alliance score.
[h3lls angels] round 20
[NewDawn] round 25,26,27,29
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73
[DLR] Round 30,31,33 - 39,41 - 46,49,50,74,75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2009, 22:11   #608
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDD View Post
Only the top 60 planets in each alliance count towards the collective alliance score.
Aha, thank you.
Unread 20 Mar 2009, 23:27   #609
Villeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
That's a misleading graph and (I hope) you know it as well as I do. Allow me to give you some more useful figures. This is why we're not gaining on NewDawn:

Yeah it was more meant as a pointer to the fact that Asc is by far a better, and more efficient roider that ND.

What would really be interesting is some insight into how much ND and Asc has sitting in hidden production. (ie the 5 mill score hidden Asc gained when jintao joined the tag yesterday)...

Where's that crazy scanner dude from #scans that scanned the whole uni last round?

* We do not exist *
Unread 20 Mar 2009, 23:53   #610
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villeh View Post
Yeah it was more meant as a pointer to the fact that Asc is by far a better, and more efficient roider that ND.

What would really be interesting is some insight into how much ND and Asc has sitting in hidden production. (ie the 5 mill score hidden Asc gained when jintao joined the tag yesterday)...
Will he count enough for tag? He has spent most of round in vgn(?) tag, so his full score is not counting for ascendancy.
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 01:59   #611
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Where's that crazy scanner dude from #scans that scanned the whole uni last round?

This is just the kinda things that makes discussions far longer then they need to be. Jintao doesnt count nowhere near as much as what you said, because Asc's #60 is not far from the score Jintao will contribute when he joins tag and let out production.

By posting what you did there, you mislead people to think Asc gain 5mill on ND.
Get facts right please before posting so we avoid to have trolls like me to destroy your post.

edit: that crazy scannerdude was me, but i suggest you do the scans yourself if you are so eager to find out!

Last edited by HaNzI; 21 Mar 2009 at 02:07.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 03:55   #612
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post

It may be only t60 planets that add to final score, but when it comes to a war, which the final week most likely be, value will be needed. Asc will have an extra 30 planets or so advantage over ND, all of whom have substantially more roids, giving them substantially more value in the final days. These planets that dont contribute directly to score, will contribute to it in other ways, by roiding ND t60, by suiciding their score to kill ND t60 score, by flacking for Asc t60 members, by defending Asc t60 members.

Effectively, Asc will have another 50 planets to protect their t60, ND will have 20. Then, there is also that hirr thing, which i rightly or wrongly believe, is a trump card.

People who are saying ND are in the box seat, are still playing you all for fools.

Edit: Admit ive been right for the last 1000 ticks please, i deserve a cookie.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 21 Mar 2009 at 04:02.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 04:14   #613
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post

Edit: Admit ive been right for the last 1000 ticks please, i deserve a cookie.
[04:13] <@[-_-]> .cookie jungle pity cookie, you are not right. But I want to give you a cookie.
[04:13] -Munin- I don't know who 'jungle' is, so I can't very well give them any cookies can I?
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 05:05   #614
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
[04:13] <@[-_-]> .cookie jungle pity cookie, you are not right. But I want to give you a cookie.
[04:13] -Munin- I don't know who 'jungle' is, so I can't very well give them any cookies can I?
Appears Munin and intelligence is somewhat of an oxymoron.

Oh well, some may say lucky Munin, ignorance, in this case, is truelly bliss.

Unread 21 Mar 2009, 05:24   #615
Villeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlaTa View Post
Will he count enough for tag? He has spent most of round in vgn(?) tag, so his full score is not counting for ascendancy.
I might be wrong, but won't the resources he has in production count towards Asc tag score when he release it? I thought none of his current score/value gets added, but all he has in hidden production will, as its in production and is 'hidden' from his current score/value?
If it is as I think it is, he will, by just dropping his hidden production, add more than 5 mill score to the Asc tag!?

* We do not exist *
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 05:27   #616
Villeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
yadayadayada
Boy you were a lot nicer before you joined Ascendancy...
Does the tag come with an instant 'asshole attitude' package?

(Yes there are a lot of really cool people there too, I'm just making a point )

* We do not exist *
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 06:22   #617
[JungleMuffin]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1

And didnt jintao leave quite a while back? Meaning he may have score other than prod to add to tag?
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 10:48   #618
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

By the way, in lack of arch enemys and general cnuts this round from hirr's pov we're starting something new.

Highest bidder gets to pick the lemmingrun target of the round, send your offers and targets to Dworak on irc.
Criterias; target must be in top 5 alliance, target itself must be in the top 20.

Whats in it for you? Approximatly 15 billion ships guaranteed to land on somebody you dont like
SK's guaranteed to decimate risk of target running.

signed dabster, one of hirr's 28 HC.
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 10:48   #619
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I might be wrong, but won't the resources he has in production count towards Asc tag score when he release it? I thought none of his current score/value gets added, but all he has in hidden production will, as its in production and is 'hidden' from his current score/value?
If it is as I think it is, he will, by just dropping his hidden production, add more than 5 mill score to the Asc tag!?

It is not as you think it is.

Once he joins the tag his 'tagscore' starts at 0 + whatever he gained from leaving his previous tag.
Say for the sake of argument this is 800k score.
But because our #60 contributes, for the sake of argument, 4.5 million score, this means jintao does not contribute to the tag.

If he drops his production of 5 million, once again, for the sake of argument, 5 million. He becomes. 5.8 million. This means that from #100 or so, he becomes ranked higher the #60. The old #59 will become #60 and Jintao will land somewhere into the top 60 of the tag, adding 1.3 million score to it, instead of the full 5 million he just released.

If he had stayed in the VGN tag all round and he released it, the full 5 million would've counted for the tag. (assuming that pre-release he was in the top 60 as well.)

I hope this clarifies it.
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 11:02   #620
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
By the way, in lack of arch enemys and general cnuts this round from hirr's pov we're starting something new.

Highest bidder gets to pick the lemmingrun target of the round, send your offers and targets to Dworak on irc.
Criterias; target must be in top 5 alliance, target itself must be in the top 20.

Whats in it for you? Approximatly 15 billion ships guaranteed to land on somebody you dont like
SK's guaranteed to decimate risk of target running.

signed dabster, one of hirr's 28 HC.
I bid infinity. Target = 7:6:13, Mikee, HC of LML/LJND, eternal enemy of LMD and its brave, brave warriors.
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 12:10   #621
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:

He was saying you're wrong. That doesn't make him an asshole. He would be if he called you a retard in the process, but he didn't and quite honestly his post was pretty accurate!

Quote:
It may be only t60 planets that add to final score, but when it comes to a war, which the final week most likely be, value will be needed. Asc will have an extra 30 planets or so advantage over ND, all of whom have substantially more roids, giving them substantially more value in the final days. These planets that dont contribute directly to score, will contribute to it in other ways, by roiding ND t60, by suiciding their score to kill ND t60 score, by flacking for Asc t60 members, by defending Asc t60 members.

Effectively, Asc will have another 50 planets to protect their t60, ND will have 20. Then, there is also that hirr thing, which i rightly or wrongly believe, is a trump card.
I don't know man. We've been launching on fattish CT galaxies for the last week or so and they still have quite a few roids. Obviously I'm not saying this is the same as a war, but I hope you get the idea.

Further, I firmly believe ND won't crash as much as CT did (seriously guys, you need to educate your members to only launch when they're around at land tick if you're ever going to have a shot at #1).

And lastly, even if we assume Ascendancy will drop the nap with ND a week from round end, at the moment our top60 is gaining a negligible amount of value on ND. This has not changed since the beginning of the nap and I have no reason to believe it will change in the future (See the graph I posted earlier). We are currently 13m behind ND. If ND crashes equal amounts of value to Ascendancy does (not unreasonable) then we need to gain 10k roids on on ND on our top60 planets every day before we catch up with them.

As for hirr, salvage donation to the enemy does not a trump card make.

Quote:
People who are saying ND are in the box seat, are still playing you all for fools..
I am totally honest when I say I don't know who is going to win. I'm giving both sides a 50/50 shot at the moment, because we all know Ascendancy is a very good alliance and it would be stupid to count us out because of some semi-eloquent whining on the forums.
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 12:53   #622
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

The post was not a personal attack on any level.
Take a look at how many posts this thread has, and if you have read the entire thread like i have, you will find out that there are a lot of people who just HAVE TO POST,even though they are completely wrong.
This leads to other people being a bit offended by this post, and because someone is clearly wrong on the internet, all of a sudden you have another pointless discussion far from the original topic. So my post might have been a tiny but harsh but it had my best intentions by being correct.
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 13:25   #623
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Where does DLR fit into all this? DLR is a bg with close ties to ND. (Troll and steinmetz make Brokeback Mountain look like sesame street.) and if hirr is in ascs pockets, I would assume that however neutral Troll and Grog claim to be, they are most likely to be co-operating with ND.
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 13:31   #624
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

a potential merge could seal the roundwin for the new tag
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 13:40   #625
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
a potential merge could seal the roundwin for the new tag
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA
You can only commence merges between ticks 0 and 672
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 14:00   #626
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
and if hirr is in ascs pockets,
Fyi, we are not.
We napped a while back, thats all.
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 14:53   #627
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It looks closer than I thought: assuming that both asc and ND start with equal stockpiles, their t60 have equal roidcount atm, they crash an equal amount and they both get to roidrace until the round end, I calculate Asc t60 scoregain to be about 11mil larger than ND's.

That's a lot of assumptions though - and it relies on ND not losing more roids than asc to attacks. Right now that's not happening: asc will take the win.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 17:06   #628
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Where does DLR fit into all this? DLR is a bg with close ties to ND. (Troll and steinmetz make Brokeback Mountain look like sesame street.)
:-) NewDawn has a "never allowed back in ND" list.

The name at the top of that list is Troll.
There may be some DLR people sympathetic to ND, but I assure you Troll isn't one of them.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 18:04   #629
Villeh

Quote:
It is not as you think it is.

Once he joins the tag his 'tagscore' starts at 0 + whatever he gained from leaving his previous tag.
Say for the sake of argument this is 800k score.
But because our #60 contributes, for the sake of argument, 4.5 million score, this means jintao does not contribute to the tag.

If he drops his production of 5 million, once again, for the sake of argument, 5 million. He becomes. 5.8 million. This means that from #100 or so, he becomes ranked higher the #60. The old #59 will become #60 and Jintao will land somewhere into the top 60 of the tag, adding 1.3 million score to it, instead of the full 5 million he just released.

If he had stayed in the VGN tag all round and he released it, the full 5 million would've counted for the tag. (assuming that pre-release he was in the top 60 as well.)

I hope this clarifies it.
Thank You!

Straight to the point and gave answers to the questions I had!

* We do not exist *
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 19:33   #630
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

it hurts me deeply that people still buy into the "let's downplay our chances card".
it truely, honestly does.

while ascendancy may be right at any given poin that they are not in the best possition to win (beginning of the round with 40 players, early-mid round when they are heavily teamed up on, mid-late round when they are only competting for the #1 with JUST ONE other ally....), they know better than that. they always know better than that, and yet, here comes the forum brigade to swear on their mother's grave and their children's lives that there is STILL indeed a real question of who will win the round.

(jbg: through creating this thread you may have saved your alliance, but it cost you 5 points in my e-cool graph - adding to the other 5 when you used the entire alliance to make sure you get gal win and thus bashing all other galaxies even if they had 3-6 asc players in them(2:10 was it?) -)
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 20:21   #631
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I don't lie. I might be wrong, but I don't lie.
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 21:42   #632
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
It may be only t60 planets that add to final score, but when it comes to a war, which the final week most likely be, value will be needed.
Ascendancy has no intentions of warring NewDawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
It looks closer than I thought: assuming that both asc and ND start with equal stockpiles, their t60 have equal roidcount atm, they crash an equal amount and they both get to roidrace until the round end, I calculate Asc t60 scoregain to be about 11mil larger than ND's.
At the beginning of the week, Ascendancy was 10m behind NewDawn. That gap is now 13m. Ascendancy are crashing more. Go figure.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 23:29   #633
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Where does DLR fit into all this? DLR is a bg with close ties to ND. (Troll and steinmetz make Brokeback Mountain look like sesame street.) and if hirr is in ascs pockets, I would assume that however neutral Troll and Grog claim to be, they are most likely to be co-operating with ND.
[15:25] <[ND]SteInMetz> troll
[15:25] <[ND]SteInMetz> wanna join me in the tent
[15:26] <@Troll> why can't i quit u

We've been outed
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2009, 23:30   #634
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

The tent was a secret.. I hate kargool

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 00:52   #635
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Haha! outed!
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 01:33   #636
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
it hurts me deeply that people still buy into the "let's downplay our chances card".
it truely, honestly does.

while ascendancy may be right at any given poin that they are not in the best possition to win (beginning of the round with 40 players, early-mid round when they are heavily teamed up on, mid-late round when they are only competting for the #1 with JUST ONE other ally....), they know better than that. they always know better than that, and yet, here comes the forum brigade to swear on their mother's grave and their children's lives that there is STILL indeed a real question of who will win the round.

(jbg: through creating this thread you may have saved your alliance, but it cost you 5 points in my e-cool graph - adding to the other 5 when you used the entire alliance to make sure you get gal win and thus bashing all other galaxies even if they had 3-6 asc players in them(2:10 was it?) -)
I don't think it's downplaying. For me, I view this round as very difficult for us. We are playing in a hostile universe where if we do anything, we have to fight our way out. It is very difficult to sustain, and so far we have met the challenge. To win we have to play a perfect round, so far we've been close to perfect. The great thing about this round for me thinking through the Asc perspective is that it's been a challenge and play to a level we've not seen some time. Three things so far stick in my mind: the sheer determination to beat Omen; the survival of being roided by everyone; the utter laying waste of Conspiracy. To get as far as we have has certainly impressed me, if we go one better and win the damn thing, Ascendancy would deserve to be more than a collection of elites, but it would be a truly great alliance.

People seem to take the view that Ascendancy winning is a foregone conclusion and that it is straighforward, even 'easy'. It is anything but the case. In light of the difficulty we face, I think my posts at least have every right to make conservative estimates. If we work hard and make few mistakes we will be very very well placed. But that's a very big 'if'.

Last edited by lokken; 22 Mar 2009 at 11:11.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 02:21   #637
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

I don't think it's a 'very big if' at all. As you say yourself, up to now you've played a very nearly perfect round and yet you seem to be suggesting that now there's a good chance you start making mistakes and letting off the gas with victory in your sights. Sure, traditionally people get bored and maybe careless towards the end of rounds, but in one so close as this I can't see Ascendancy doing anything other than continuing to be (very nearly) perfect.

The only way I can see this round not ending in a win for Ascendancy now is if the current political situation changes. ND cannot hope to beat you in a roidrace, your defence is superior and come the last week I can't see them matching you for XP escorts either. I might be underestimating ND, but everything I've seen of this round so far tells me Asc will win.
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 02:53   #638
[JungleMuffin]

FFS WILL YOU ALL STOP BEING SO FULL OF SH*T.

First it was: Its really unlikely we will win, cos everyone is bashin the feck out of us. "No"

Second it was: Well they stopped bashing the feck out of us, but CT is soooo far ahead, its unlikely we will win. "No"

Third: Well its like, surely we are on par with CT, but noone will ever let us stay here, because they know we are Asc, i still think its unlikely we will win. "No"

Fourth: Well, we may be 30k roids in front of any other alliance, have an extra 30 members than ND do aswell, but really, their t60 has the same roids as our t60. Now lets pretend we dont have a 30k roid advantage, 30 other planets, because of ND being equal on t60 roids we are, lol?, unlikely to win. "No"

Fifth: Asc is starting to crash more than ND (lol i like this one), therefore we are unlikely to win (or insert something else here, that will instantly be swallowed by every power wielding muppet of an alliance HC.) "No"

Tbh, it kind of disappoints me to see that the biggest threat to Asc winning another round has come from people who actually arent in an alliance playing for #1, fighting them on the forums.

Asc can play it down for the rest of the round if they want, but at some point u have to admit ur probable winners of the round. I would respect Asc alot more if they showed some nut, and made the call now. What would taste sweeter, playing it down till the end, or coming out with 2 weeks to go, have the enemy come at you, and win the toe to toe fight?

<Appocomaster> So Munin, how did u pull this one off? <Munin> WTFOLAWLOLOLOLCOSURALLTOOOOOEASSSYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!111123

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 22 Mar 2009 at 02:59.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 08:20   #639
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My greatest moment in Planetarion was undoubtedly when I made voodoo say something about me which I never knew about and really made no difference to me but I knew that he said it and that therefore I won at the internet. Almost as good as the time I fell asleep reading this thread in fact.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 09:42   #640
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Fourth: Well, we may be 30k roids in front of any other alliance, have an extra 30 members than ND do aswell, but really, their t60 has the same roids as our t60. Now lets pretend we dont have a 30k roid advantage, 30 other planets, because of ND being equal on t60 roids we are, lol?, unlikely to win. "No"
I said 50/50. Don't twist my words.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 10:57   #641
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'd like to hear more from the other alliances about what's going on politically.

This is pure rumour: but I heard something along the lines of CT refusing to NAP ND and hit Asc because ND were fence-ing it or something. This was said sometime last week when CT still had a good chance at winning.

Is this true? It sounds far too stupid to be.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 10:59   #642
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
FFS WILL YOU ALL STOP BEING SO FULL OF SH*T.

First it was: Its really unlikely we will win, cos everyone is bashin the feck out of us. "No"

Second it was: Well they stopped bashing the feck out of us, but CT is soooo far ahead, its unlikely we will win. "No"

Third: Well its like, surely we are on par with CT, but noone will ever let us stay here, because they know we are Asc, i still think its unlikely we will win. "No"

Fifth: Asc is starting to crash more than ND (lol i like this one), therefore we are unlikely to win (or insert something else here, that will instantly be swallowed by every power wielding muppet of an alliance HC.) "No"

Tbh, it kind of disappoints me to see that the biggest threat to Asc winning another round has come from people who actually arent in an alliance playing for #1, fighting them on the forums.

Asc can play it down for the rest of the round if they want, but at some point u have to admit ur probable winners of the round. I would respect Asc alot more if they showed some nut, and made the call now. What would taste sweeter, playing it down till the end, or coming out with 2 weeks to go, have the enemy come at you, and win the toe to toe fight?

<Appocomaster> So Munin, how did u pull this one off? <Munin> WTFOLAWLOLOLOLCOSURALLTOOOOOEASSSYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!111123
I couldn't agree more
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 11:10   #643
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
I don't think it's a 'very big if' at all. As you say yourself, up to now you've played a very nearly perfect round and yet you seem to be suggesting that now there's a good chance you start making mistakes and letting off the gas with victory in your sights. Sure, traditionally people get bored and maybe careless towards the end of rounds, but in one so close as this I can't see Ascendancy doing anything other than continuing to be (very nearly) perfect.

The only way I can see this round not ending in a win for Ascendancy now is if the current political situation changes. ND cannot hope to beat you in a roidrace, your defence is superior and come the last week I can't see them matching you for XP escorts either. I might be underestimating ND, but everything I've seen of this round so far tells me Asc will win.
No one is saying we can't win or whatever. Simple reality is that for us to win it's going to be hard. We're capable of hitting that level but you can't ever take things like that for granted. If people expect us to it's a pretty huge compliment but we actually have to do it first.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 11:35   #644
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
Is this true? It sounds far too stupid to be.
You realise this is CT HC right?
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 12:10   #645
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
[12:02] -Munin- asc Members: 122 (60), Value: 424854665 (274364732), Avg: 3482415 (4572745), Score: 580186205 (367777952), Avg: 4755624 (6129632), Size: 167700 (107256), Avg: 1374 (1787), XP: 2588859 (1556887), Avg: 21220 (25948)
[12:02] -Munin- new Members: 82 (60), Value: 325544371 (284400208), Avg: 3970053 (4740003), Score: 428357551 (369358468), Avg: 5223872 (6155974), Size: 115465 (103873), Avg: 1408 (1731), XP: 1713553 (1415971), Avg: 20896 (23599)

Do the calcs. The bold numbers are the ones, according to munin, counting for the tag score.
If this was about 'total tag score' or 'total members' then yeah it would be a win already. With a 160 mill lead, this however is not the case. The big value in our 'tail' might even be a negative point for us as the whole of Ascendancy grows and not just the part that, quite literally, counts.

In the last days (last 3 I think) we've been pretty much on par with ND, which means that the gap is staying as it is and today is a weekend day and Ascendancy has never been very much of a 'weekend' alliance.
So I challenge you to actually come up with some real proper arguments why we have it 'in the bag'. We haven't closed in on them for 3 days now. Which, with about 14 days remaining is pretty shit.

So we haven't got it in the bag. Not nearly.

About the ticks untill now: We've pretty much put on a decent fight and can be proud, it is worth **** all if we do not finish it. A few crashes, cardi emo-quitting the tag (hi dec/caj) or some more caj/game like failures and it would be all for nothing.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 13:03   #646
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
With a 160 mill lead, this however is not the case. The big value in our 'tail' might even be a negative point for us as the whole of Ascendancy grows and not just the part that, quite literally, counts.
Oh forgive me. Having all those extra fleets is clearly a bad thing. How stupid of me not to realise that. How on earth could i possibly not understand that having an extra 100 million value advantage over another alliance is a bad thing.

Quote:
In the last days (last 3 I think) we've been pretty much on par with ND, which means that the gap is staying as it is
Without knowing the inner workings of your alliance, id say you dont wanna start smashing ND now, cos if u hit the front with 10 days to go, theres gonna be alot of hungry eyes looking at Asc. I assure you, if Asc thouht that not gaining on ND was a bad thing right now, theyd be doing a hell of alot about it.

Ur starting to become like kila. Lay off the fgtry pills.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 13:15   #647
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Oh forgive me. Having all those extra fleets is clearly a bad thing. How stupid of me not to realise that. How on earth could i possibly not understand that having an extra 100 million value advantage over another alliance is a bad thing.
If you read carefully what I wrote you would've noticed that I said that those extra 100 mill value all cap roids, while the roids capped by ND pretty much go to their top 60 directly. Ofcourse in terms of war it is an advantage, but if you want to 'play the tag', as is required now, it matters **** all.

Quote:
Without knowing the inner workings of your alliance, id say you dont wanna start smashing ND now, cos if u hit the front with 10 days to go, theres gonna be alot of hungry eyes looking at Asc. I assure you, if Asc thouht that not gaining on ND was a bad thing right now, theyd be doing a hell of alot about it.

Ur starting to become like kila. Lay off the fgtry pills.

Not gaining on your opponents is always a bad thing. Napped or not. But you have to look at your options and going full frontal assault on them isn't really one, we think.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 13:33   #648
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
If you read carefully what I wrote you would've noticed that I said that those extra 100 mill value all cap roids, while the roids capped by ND pretty much go to their top 60 directly. Ofcourse in terms of war it is an advantage, but if you want to 'play the tag', as is required now, it matters **** all.
Bollox. That 100 mil dont just cap roids, they stop ND from capping roids. They kill ND score. They can suicide def, to save Asc score.

Theres 50-60 planets whose score may aswell be 0 if they dont add to tag score, that means if need be, every single one of them can suicide on an ND t60, if it reduces their score.

Quote:
Not gaining on your opponents is always a bad thing. Napped or not. But you have to look at your options and going full frontal assault on them isn't really one, we think.
No. Tortoise and the Hare. Read it.

As for other options, Asc are either gonna a) outroid them for the win, or b) kick the crap out of them when you need to. If plan A doesnt work, plan B will work far more efficiently.

Theres no 50-50 about this, you and i both know it.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 13:50   #649
Mikee
Furious Angel

Mikee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I bid infinity. Target = 7:6:13, Mikee, HC of LML/LJND, eternal enemy of LMD and its brave, brave warriors.
mhm LMD is back ?
Mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 14:01   #650
Gate
;D!

Quote:
[12:02] -Munin- asc Members: 122 (60), Value: 424854665 (274364732), Avg: 3482415 (4572745), Score: 580186205 (367777952), Avg: 4755624 (6129632), Size: 167700 (107256), Avg: 1374 (1787), XP: 2588859 (1556887), Avg: 21220 (25948)
[12:02] -Munin- new Members: 82 (60), Value: 325544371 (284400208), Avg: 3970053 (4740003), Score: 428357551 (369358468), Avg: 5223872 (6155974), Size: 115465 (103873), Avg: 1408 (1731), XP: 1713553 (1415971), Avg: 20896 (23599)
If I understand that correctly, Asc are 2mil behind with a 4k roidlead?