User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 13 Nov 2017, 19:27   #1
Dorf

Dorf has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Chose timing of quest roids

At the moment it can happen that you have incomings and just finish 50th amp and 150th building or whatever stupid quest and the reward roids will just be lost.

I suggest to make them appear on the bonus page where you can chose when to "activate" them.
Dorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2017, 20:37   #2
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Chose timing of quest roids

When you complete a task it should have a collect button.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2017, 22:06   #3
Hiall

Hiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to behold

+1
Hiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2017, 04:50   #4
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

Yes
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2017, 08:41   #5
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

amazing idea kaiba, +1
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2017, 21:00   #6
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I like it

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2017, 21:38   #7
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Also stops people accidentally completing quests on incoming.

Selecting collect is making a conscious decision to take them.
Unread 15 Nov 2017, 12:36   #8
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

+1
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2017, 19:14   #9
M3dicMan

M3dicMan is on a distinguished road

Yes, I too like to have the choice of WHEN I can accept the rewards for a completed quest. Nothing like completing a quest while you're asleep, gain roids only have those roids taken away a few ticks later. Grrrr

Round ???- PhX Alliance
Round 72-80 VGN
Round 81 CaRnage
Round 82-86 CT
Round 87-90 Wave Zero
Round 91-99 VGN
M3dicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2017, 20:40   #10
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Subject: Quest reward claiming
Posted Fri Oct 13 17:45:07 2017

You asked

Hi,

With the new quest system it would be nice if you could manually claim the rewards instead of it being rewarded automatically when the quest is complete..

A lot of categories have 10+ quests and there are a lot of asteroids in the reward of the quest..
For asteroids timing on when to get them is important...
i.e.:
- is HCT research advanced far enough to be able to use the roids?
- are incoming hostile fleet en-route to your planet?

Right now one has to take great care in which categories to start/not start to avoid accidentally getting too much roids too soon/at the wrong time..

I think that's unfortunate.. I would like to be able to start all categories and claim the reward for them at a time of my choosing..

__
Bram
Just need to wait a couple more months to receive a reply I guess.
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2017, 18:59   #11
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

You know, I did think this was a great idea when I first read it, but the more I think about it, the more I think it isn't such a good idea.

The unpredictability of finishing quests because of outside factors make them more fun.
The more you can claim them at certain times, the more it has the potential to make things more stale (for instance, no-one would claim the roids whilst under attack, so would just wait for all to block elsewhere and then claim on mass, meaning it makes it even more of a good idea to block, not less)
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2017, 22:01   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm also not 100% sold on this idea. You already choose their timing: when you finish the quest. Don't want the reward? Don't finish the quest! You can sit on 99% pop, or 99 amps, or 49 cov ops, or HCT 1750 for a few ticks to wait for the incs to pass. Or you can just not accept the quest, then you can still do whatever you want.

[edit] And since apparently not everyone is convinced this is genuinely my opinion: let me assure you, it is.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 17 Nov 2017 at 08:19.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2017, 05:44   #13
Lukey

Lukey is on a distinguished road

This removes half the skill of the quests, I like having to think about what I am doing and the impact that has on the rest of my game. I wouldn't want to see this feature introduced.
Lukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2017, 10:52   #14
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

+1 Lukey, and as mz said, when there was a quest that could give me roids at the wrong time, it was easy to delay it.
Unread 19 Nov 2017, 15:23   #15
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

make them all auto accepted...so cons and research bonus goes straight into whatever research you're currently doing.

or make them all accept when you want
Unread 20 Nov 2017, 08:28   #16
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
make them all auto accepted...so cons and research bonus goes straight into whatever research you're currently doing.
That doesn't work as well when some of the CP bonuses could easily complete your current and queued constructions.
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2017, 12:00   #17
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit View Post
That doesn't work as well when some of the CP bonuses could easily complete your current and queued constructions.
and why should it be a benefit, when auto accepting roids isn't always?

i am in the "accept all quests at your leisure" camp. i dont think having the rewards forced on you is great, the completion the chain giving xp should be the only automated event.
Unread 20 Nov 2017, 21:00   #18
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
and why should it be a benefit, when auto accepting roids isn't always?
So if you don't have 2k CP left in your queue you get no bonus?
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2017, 21:37   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maybe instead, it finishes your current constructions, and adds to the bonus once they're done? You can then still add everything to your bonus by not having anything under construction, but it takes some work/timing/planning. It does seem a bit silly to force everyone who finishes a 2000 CU quest to queue up 2 FCs or lose out on at least 400 of it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 21 Nov 2017, 16:13   #20
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Maybe instead, it finishes your current constructions, and adds to the bonus once they're done? You can then still add everything to your bonus by not having anything under construction, but it takes some work/timing/planning. It does seem a bit silly to force everyone who finishes a 2000 CU quest to queue up 2 FCs or lose out on at least 400 of it.
If I was managing my cons so that I didn't miss any ticks, I'd be annoyed if I woke up to find that I'd cleared 2 cons through bonuses and I'd not been constructing anything for 5 hours.

Auto-completion of cons/research isn't a bonus - it's an unnecessary complication.
Unread 21 Nov 2017, 18:52   #21
Mzyxptlk
mz.

If you're managing your cons, surely you can manage your quests too?
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 04:55   #22
Blue_Esper

if you missed ticks because of quests you'd be in the same frustration boat as people who gained roids when they didn't want them cos of incs/research
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 09:07   #23
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you're managing your cons, surely you can manage your quests too?
Absolutely, but then I could also use my mouse with my left hand - doesn't make the game any more fun, nor would it be a reward to be forced to do so.

I just mean to say that I agree with the earlier suggestion that the res/roid bonuses should also be banked, like research and construction points, rather than auto-awarded.
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 10:17   #24
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

I think its better when it cant be stored. So u can farm them gains off, before round end.
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 11:08   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
Absolutely, but then I could also use my mouse with my left hand - doesn't make the game any more fun, nor would it be a reward to be forced to do so.

I just mean to say that I agree with the earlier suggestion that the res/roid bonuses should also be banked, like research and construction points, rather than auto-awarded.
This touches on what games are on a very deep level. My take on it is that they're disorganization engines. You show up, set everything up just the way you like it, and then the game updates and your cons have finished, your fleet is about to land, someone scanned you. These events are essentially the game asking you to do something, to resolve the problem before everything descends into chaos. The way to improve at the game is to keep track of what the game is about to do and anticipate it.

If your research finishes, that means queuing a new one. Could you implement an infinite research queue, so that after tcik 0, you'd never have to look at it again? Sure, but then, when a research finishes, you no longer get that little jolt telling you you achieved something, and to decide on the next step. If your attacker is about to land, and the defense is a little iffy, that means hiding the correct ships in your base while leaving others outside to participate in the fight. Could you implement a system that hid the useless ships automatically? It'd be a little tricky (mostly because flak is sometimes necessary) but given a couple of afternoons, a coder could certainly get a long way there.

Game are about strategy. Thinking about what to do and when to do it is an essential part of what a game is. Not everything is meant to be easy or convenient. That's what makes it a game.

This particular suggestion is not really that big a deal. That's why I didn't bother posting until it became clear I was not the only one who feels this way. I do think it's a step in the wrong direction, though. A small step, but still.
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 16:46   #26
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light

Well one could make the arguement you can't easilly see the progress of quests when going through them. You need to go to every corner of PA to find all the values the quests are based on.

Maybe a start could be to make it more visible in the quest section or make a quests page and thus make quest progress more visible/easier to manage?
Jintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 17:07   #27
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintao View Post
Well one could make the arguement you can't easilly see the progress of quests when going through them. You need to go to every corner of PA to find all the values the quests are based on.

Maybe a start could be to make it more visible in the quest section or make a quests page and thus make quest progress more visible/easier to manage?
So, like a progress bar for each individual quest? 48/50 Amps built, 23,658/25,000 XP gained?
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 17:16   #28
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
This touches on what games are on a very deep level. My take on it is that they're disorganization engines. You show up, set everything up just the way you like it, and then the game updates and your cons have finished, your fleet is about to land, someone scanned you. These events are essentially the game asking you to do something, to resolve the problem before everything descends into chaos. The way to improve at the game is to keep track of what the game is about to do and anticipate it.

If your research finishes, that means queuing a new one. Could you implement an infinite research queue, so that after tcik 0, you'd never have to look at it again? Sure, but then, when a research finishes, you no longer get that little jolt telling you you achieved something, and to decide on the next step. If your attacker is about to land, and the defense is a little iffy, that means hiding the correct ships in your base while leaving others outside to participate in the fight. Could you implement a system that hid the useless ships automatically? It'd be a little tricky (mostly because flak is sometimes necessary) but given a couple of afternoons, a coder could certainly get a long way there.

Game are about strategy. Thinking about what to do and when to do it is an essential part of what a game is. Not everything is meant to be easy or convenient. That's what makes it a game.

This particular suggestion is not really that big a deal. That's why I didn't bother posting until it became clear I was not the only one who feels this way. I do think it's a step in the wrong direction, though. A small step, but still.
Yeah, a reasonable point. I agree that not everything should be queued to a point of ingame autonomy for the reasons you mentioned, I just really enjoy sleeping having planned cons to the best I can before I do!

Research is almost a null point anyway as the point in the game at which you get the high res bonus payout is the point at which your next queued research won't be completed in 2000 points anyway.
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 17:36   #29
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
So, like a progress bar for each individual quest? 48/50 Amps built, 23,658/25,000 XP gained?
yes
Jintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 18:26   #30
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
I like this idea. For a first version, just the text would do the trick, I think.
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 19:17   #31
M3dicMan

M3dicMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintao View Post

I also think this would be beneficial to have instead of having to go to "history" searching for cov ops or scans for that matter. Having a separate page that is just dedicated to quests completions makes sense to me.

Round ???- PhX Alliance
Round 72-80 VGN
Round 81 CaRnage
Round 82-86 CT
Round 87-90 Wave Zero
Round 91-99 VGN
M3dicMan is offline   Reply With Quote