User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 21 Jul 2015, 06:55   #1
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light
Blue's Stat Set Rnd 63

Ok, stats are on Beta, are pretty close to being finished, only minor changes from now. feel free to add your opinions.
http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=stats
the basics are, each class has two races for team ups, each race has a resource stealer, these should be attacking stats.
At a glance the solo's and team up attacks are as follows;

"Race": "solo"
"(teamup)"

Fi
Ter: Cath, Etd
Xan: Ter, Cat, Xan
(Ter, Cath, Xan, Etd)

Co
Zik: Cat, Etd
Etd: ALL
(ALL)

Fr
Cat: Cat, Xan, Etd
Zik: Cat, Etd
(Cat, Xan, Zik, Etd)

De
Ter: Cat, Etd
Etd: Cat, Zik, Etd
(Cat, Zik, Etd)

Cr
Cat: ALL
Xan: Ter, Cat, Xan
(ALL)

Bs
Ter: Ter, Cat, Zik, Etd
Etd: Cat, Xan, Zik
(ALL)

Let me know your thoughts

Last edited by Blue_Esper; 24 Jul 2015 at 07:00.
Blue_Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2015, 06:57   #2
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Blue's Stat Set Rnd 63

as a side note the solo/team ups are based on if each race has good amount of that specific ship that targets that class.
for example a de team up could land on a xan planet if the xan planet doesn't have enough banshee
Unread 21 Jul 2015, 09:32   #3
The PK
i also havent heard of me

The PK is on a distinguished road

1.) I hate resource stealers. Just leads to support planets building huge resources to get stolen by a few cheaters.
2.) why do some races have 3 pods and other 2? Seems uneven.
3.) Go ahead and Mark Cath fr as unplayable. Since 2 ships, both dagger and harpy free fire on them at a lesser eta so any ally will have them.
4.) etd de same way with banshee. 1 xan 0 fleet and no land. Useless.
5.) the res stealers(if you use them) and the sk's for zik/can are worthless. Normally these are in 1 off pod classes of same level. I.e. if pods are fr they are de. Both of their res stealers and sk's are in levels they don't have pod classes on(heavy for zik, mid for xan) so they are useless.
I'll look more in depth later.

Currently purring

Former HA HC, CT DC

Still useless.
The PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2015, 09:56   #4
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

3 & 4, I think it's a case of teaming up with the other race with the same roiding fleet. Same as last round. Hard to solo once defence fleets get moving.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2015, 10:13   #5
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PK View Post
1.) I hate resource stealers. Just leads to support planets building huge resources to get stolen by a few cheaters.
I love this type of statements.
We need to remove stealing ship cus there are a few cheaters ship farming.
We gotta remove astropods cus there are a few cheaters roid farming.
We gotta remove cov-ops for resources/ships cus there are a few cheaters cov-op farming.
We need to remove XP from the game, because people are XP farming each other.
We gootta remove the ability to login to the game, because there are cheaters who logs into each other accounts to do que constructions/research or use a scan from it.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2015, 10:42   #6
Blue_Esper

Quote:
it's up to you/mh to report them then isn't it, they'll be pretty obvious to pick up res stealers dont cap a huge amount straight up

Quote:
2.) why do some races have 3 pods and other 2? Seems uneven.
Because that's the only way to have all 6 classes with two playable races. Zik can steal, xan can fake no to end, and cath can covop easier. ter and etd are very similiar in background

Quote:
3.) Go ahead and Mark Cath fr as unplayable. Since 2 ships, both dagger and harpy free fire on them at a lesser eta so any ally will have them.
and any ally that picks fr as a strat will have zik which pre-fires both those ships

Quote:
4.) etd de same way with banshee. 1 xan 0 fleet and no land. Useless.
De in general takes a banshee fleet to force recall.

Quote:
.) the res stealers(if you use them) and the sk's for zik/can are worthless. Normally these are in 1 off pod classes of same level. I.e. if pods are fr they are de. Both of their res stealers and sk's are in levels they don't have pod classes on(heavy for zik, mid for xan) so they are useless.
it's very easy to swap around the classes of res stealers as they're all identical
Unread 22 Jul 2015, 22:35   #7
The PK
i also havent heard of me

The PK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
3 & 4, I think it's a case of teaming up with the other race with the same roiding fleet. Same as last round. Hard to solo once defence fleets get moving.
I guess we are having a difference of opinion on statements then. To me an attacking style of stats means less teamups and more solo'ing. These statements were in the context he said these were attacking stats. Also bears from the fact I hate free fire def ships. Even if one had a worse init ship, or low eff and still fired, i still believe better then 0 loss def.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
I love this type of statements.
We need to remove stealing ship cus there are a few cheaters ship farming.
We gotta remove astropods cus there are a few cheaters roid farming.
We gotta remove cov-ops for resources/ships cus there are a few cheaters cov-op farming.
We need to remove XP from the game, because people are XP farming each other.
We gootta remove the ability to login to the game, because there are cheaters who logs into each other accounts to do que constructions/research or use a scan from it.
So we should try to do nothing to stop it? By this same broken logic, one could state "since people will break the law we should have no laws." An extremely flawed argument. If you wish to state however, that we should not limit ourselves because of the actions of a few who wish to ruin it for all. I would not disagree with that argument, just would have a difference of opinion in this case. There, I fixed your argument for you sir, have a nice day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper
it's up to you/mh to report them then isn't it, they'll be pretty obvious to pick up res stealers dont cap a huge amount straight up
I have an extreme lack of faith in the mh crew. Too many cases that seem obvious to everyone involved shot down by the famous "lack of evidence" as the cheaters shoot off their mouth about getting away with it. This may be more a personal grudge, and may not be viable in picking an emotionless argument against res stealers and cheaters, and that is valid, I will still disagree for them though.

Quote:
Because that's the only way to have all 6 classes with two playable races. Zik can steal, xan can fake no to end, and cath can covop easier. ter and etd are very similiar in background
I guess I could care less about the all 6 classes argument. But if your saying about bringing ter/etd up to the levels of the others since inherent abilities(xan cloaked, cath 1st fire 90% of the time, and zik steal) may give them more advantages late game, i understand the argument. I will be interested to see if you can balance that and like your outside the box thinking. I was thinking on the line you simply messed up and had it uneven.

Quote:
and any ally that picks fr as a strat will have zik which pre-fires both those ships
Again, this goes back to the earlier statement with Krypton about thinking in the terms you said these were attacking stats and i hate 0 loss def ships. Also, I play with friends in a smaller alliance with little to no fleet strat(sometimes we concentrate a few ships for lolwaves...eh butcher?). So just assuming it is ok cause big allies will have the ships seems lazy and forgetting about a portion of the player base and how they can factor into the overall gameplay.

Quote:
De in general takes a banshee fleet to force recall.
Would you play a strat that only took 1 0 xan fleet to force recall? It is the most crippling of weaknesses i can think of.

Currently purring

Former HA HC, CT DC

Still useless.
The PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2015, 00:38   #8
Blue_Esper

Your definition of 0 loss ships is different to mine. A 0 loss ship would be one that doesn't get targeted at all. Of which these stats have none of those.
Unread 23 Jul 2015, 20:33   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

OK, so I was halfway through your stats when I suddenly got incredibly bored. Not your fault, looking at stats is inherently boring.

So I wrote a program to do it for me. It checks which attack fleets can roid which races, using some very simple rules:

1) Attacker loses if there are any 0-loss defenders. EMP counts. Xan Fi cannot roid Etd because Executive is 0-loss.
2) Ter attackers beat an EMP defending ships.
3) EMP attackers lose to Ter defending ships.
4) Attacker wins if all defending ships fire after at least one attacker. Xan Cr cannot roid Zik because even though Spectre beats Thief, Pirate beats Apparition.
5) If any defender fires with same init, it must do so with a worse target class. Etd Fi can roid Etd because even though Peddler and Vendor fire at the same time, Vendor wins because it uses T1, while Peddler uses T2.

It goes through them in order. If any rule applies, the rest are still checked, and the result appears in output, but they don't count any more. For example, even though Ter normally always beats EMP, 0-loss EMP beats Ter.

It's not perfect, obviously, rules like this can never be completely flawless. But I think it should come pretty close. Thoughts?

Running that program on your stats gives me the following output:

Running simple check for Ter Fi...
Ter Fi does not roid Ter:
- Defender Pegasus 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships
Ter Fi roids Cat:
- Attacker Phoenix beats defender Beetle: Phoenix is Ter and resists EMP
Ter Fi does not roid Xan:
- Defender Wraith beats attacker Phoenix: Wraith has init 5, Phoenix has init 6
- Defender Nightmare 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships
Ter Fi does not roid Zik:
- Attacker Phoenix beats defender Corsair: Phoenix has init 6, Corsair has init 19
- Defender Buccaneer beats attacker Harpy: Buccaneer has init 5, Harpy has init 6
Ter Fi roids Etd:
- Attacker Phoenix beats defender Broker: Phoenix is Ter and resists EMP
- Attacker Harpy beats defender Executive: Harpy has init 6, Executive has init 20

Running simple check for Ter De...
Ter De does not roid Ter:
- Defender Dreadnaught 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships
- Defender Wyvern beats attacker Gryphon: Wyvern has init 5, Gryphon has init 8
Ter De does not roid Cat:
- Attacker Pegasus beats defender Ant: Pegasus is Ter and resists EMP
- Attacker Drake beats defender Moth: Drake has init 7, Moth has init 8
- Defender Roach 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships
Ter De does not roid Xan:
- Defender Banshee beats attacker Pegasus: Banshee has init 5, Pegasus has init 6
- Defender Spectre 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships
Ter De does not roid Zik:
- Defender Cutlass beats attacker Drake: Cutlass has init 6, Drake has init 7
- Defender Buccaneer beats attacker Drake: Buccaneer has init 5, Drake has init 7
Ter De roids Etd:
- Attacker Drake beats defender Vendor: Drake is Ter and resists EMP
- Attacker Gryphon beats defender Tycoon: Gryphon has init 8, Tycoon has init 20

Running simple check for Ter Bs...
Ter Bs roids Ter:
- Attacker Wyvern beats defender Gryphon: Wyvern has init 5, Gryphon has init 8
Ter Bs roids Cat:
- Attacker Wyvern beats defender Moth: Wyvern has init 5, Moth has init 8
- Attacker Dragon beats defender Tarantula: Dragon is Ter and resists EMP
Ter Bs does not roid Xan:
- Attacker Wyvern beats defender Vsharrak: Wyvern has init 5, Vsharrak has init 6
- Defender Apparition beats attacker Dragon: Apparition has init 6, Dragon has init 7
Ter Bs roids Zik:
- Attacker Dragon beats defender Rogue: Dragon has init 7, Rogue has init 20
Ter Bs roids Etd:
- Attacker Wyvern beats defender Investor: Wyvern has init 5, Investor has init 7

Running simple check for Cat Fr...
Cat Fr does not roid Ter:
- Defender Harpy 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships
- Defender Drake beats attacker Moth: Drake has init 7, Moth has init 8
- Defender Wyvern beats attacker Moth: Wyvern has init 5, Moth has init 8
Cat Fr does not roid Cat:
- Defender Mantis beats attacker Moth: Mantis has init 1, Moth has init 8
- Defender Roach beats attacker Scarab: Roach has init 1, Scarab has init 2
Cat Fr roids Xan:
- Attacker Scarab beats defender Spectre: Scarab has init 2, Spectre has init 5
Cat Fr does not roid Zik:
- Defender Dagger 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships
- Attacker Scarab beats defender Rogue: Scarab has init 2, Rogue has init 20
Cat Fr does not roid Etd:
- Attacker Black Widow beats defender Vendor: Black Widow has init 1, Vendor has init 2
- Defender Peddler beats attacker Moth: Peddler has init 2, Moth has init 8
- Defender Retailer beats attacker Moth: Retailer has init 2, Moth has init 8

Running simple check for Cat Cr...
Cat Cr does not roid Ter:
- Defender Dragon beats attacker Tarantula: Dragon is Ter and resists EMP
Cat Cr roids Cat:
- Attacker Roach beats defender Scarab: Roach has init 1, Scarab has init 2
Cat Cr roids Xan:
- Attacker Tarantula beats defender Fireblade: Tarantula has init 1, Fireblade has init 7
Cat Cr roids Zik:
- Attacker Roach beats defender Thief: Roach has init 1, Thief has init 19
- Attacker Tarantula beats defender Pirate: Tarantula has init 1, Pirate has init 5
Cat Cr roids Etd:
- Attacker Roach beats defender Distributor: Roach has init 1, Distributor has init 4
- Attacker Tarantula beats defender Retailer: Tarantula has init 1, Retailer has init 2

Running simple check for Xan Fi...
Xan Fi roids Ter:
- Attacker Banshee beats defender Pegasus: Banshee has init 5, Pegasus has init 6
Xan Fi does not roid Cat:
- Defender Beetle beats attacker Phantom: Beetle has init 1, Phantom has init 4
Xan Fi roids Xan:
- Attacker Phantom beats defender Wraith: Phantom has init 4, Wraith has init 5
- Attacker Banshee beats defender Nightmare: Banshee has init 5, Nightmare has init 7
Xan Fi does not roid Zik:
- Attacker Phantom beats defender Corsair: Phantom has init 4, Corsair has init 19
- Defender Buccaneer 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships
Xan Fi does not roid Etd:
- Defender Broker beats attacker Phantom: Broker has init 2, Phantom has init 4
- Defender Executive 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships

Running simple check for Xan Cr...
Xan Cr roids Ter:
- Attacker Apparition beats defender Dragon: Apparition has init 6, Dragon has init 7
Xan Cr does not roid Cat:
- Defender Scarab beats attacker Spectre: Scarab has init 2, Spectre has init 5
Xan Cr roids Xan:
- Attacker Apparition beats defender Fireblade: Apparition has init 6, Fireblade has init 7
Xan Cr does not roid Zik:
- Attacker Spectre beats defender Thief: Spectre has init 5, Thief has init 19
- Defender Pirate beats attacker Apparition: Pirate has init 5, Apparition has init 6
Xan Cr does not roid Etd:
- Defender Distributor beats attacker Spectre: Distributor has init 4, Spectre has init 5
- Defender Retailer beats attacker Apparition: Retailer has init 2, Apparition has init 6

Running simple check for Zik Co...
Zik Co does not roid Ter:
- Defender Phoenix beats attacker Corsair: Phoenix has init 6, Corsair has init 19
- Attacker Cutlass beats defender Drake: Cutlass has init 6, Drake has init 7
Zik Co does not roid Cat:
- Defender Black Widow 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships
Zik Co does not roid Xan:
- Defender Phantom beats attacker Corsair: Phantom has init 4, Corsair has init 19
- Attacker Cutlass beats defender Nightmare: Cutlass has init 6, Nightmare has init 7
Zik Co does not roid Zik:
- Attacker Corsair beats defender Dagger: Corsair has init 19, Dagger has init 20
- Defender Clipper 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships
Zik Co does not roid Etd:
- Defender Peddler beats attacker Cutlass: Peddler has init 2, Cutlass has init 6

Running simple check for Zik Fr...
Zik Fr does not roid Ter:
- Attacker Buccaneer beats defender Harpy: Buccaneer has init 5, Harpy has init 6
- Attacker Buccaneer beats defender Drake: Buccaneer has init 5, Drake has init 7
- Defender Wyvern 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships
Zik Fr does not roid Cat:
- Defender Mantis beats attacker Buccaneer: Mantis has init 1, Buccaneer has init 5
- Defender Roach beats attacker Thief: Roach has init 1, Thief has init 19
Zik Fr does not roid Xan:
- Defender Spectre beats attacker Thief: Spectre has init 5, Thief has init 19
Zik Fr roids Zik:
- Attacker Buccaneer beats defender Dagger: Buccaneer has init 5, Dagger has init 20
- Attacker Thief beats defender Rogue: Thief has init 19, Rogue has init 20
Zik Fr does not roid Etd:
- Defender Vendor beats attacker Clipper: Vendor has init 2, Clipper has init 20
- Defender Peddler beats attacker Buccaneer: Peddler has init 2, Buccaneer has init 5
- Defender Retailer 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships

Running simple check for Etd Co...
Etd Co does not roid Ter:
- Defender Phoenix beats attacker Broker: Phoenix is Ter and resists EMP
- Defender Drake beats attacker Vendor: Drake is Ter and resists EMP
Etd Co does not roid Cat:
- Defender Black Widow beats attacker Vendor: Black Widow has init 1, Vendor has init 2
Etd Co roids Xan:
- Attacker Broker beats defender Phantom: Broker has init 2, Phantom has init 4
- Attacker Vendor beats defender Nightmare: Vendor has init 2, Nightmare has init 7
Etd Co roids Zik:
- Attacker Broker beats defender Dagger: Broker has init 2, Dagger has init 20
- Attacker Vendor beats defender Clipper: Vendor has init 2, Clipper has init 20
Etd Co does not roid Etd:
- Defender Peddler beats attacker Vendor: Both sides fire at init 2, but Peddler uses t1, while Vendor uses t2

Running simple check for Etd De...
Etd De does not roid Ter:
- Attacker Distributor beats defender Dreadnaught: Distributor has init 4, Dreadnaught has init 7
- Defender Wyvern beats attacker Investor: Wyvern has init 5, Investor has init 7
Etd De does not roid Cat:
- Defender Ant 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships
- Attacker Peddler beats defender Moth: Peddler has init 2, Moth has init 8
- Defender Roach beats attacker Distributor: Roach has init 1, Distributor has init 4
Etd De does not roid Xan:
- Defender Banshee 0 loss defends against all attacker's ships
- Attacker Distributor beats defender Spectre: Distributor has init 4, Spectre has init 5
Etd De roids Zik:
- Attacker Peddler beats defender Cutlass: Peddler has init 2, Cutlass has init 6
- Attacker Peddler beats defender Buccaneer: Peddler has init 2, Buccaneer has init 5
Etd De roids Etd:
- Attacker Peddler beats defender Vendor: Both sides fire at init 2, but Peddler uses t1, while Vendor uses t2
- Attacker Investor beats defender Tycoon: Investor has init 7, Tycoon has init 20

Running simple check for Etd Bs...
Etd Bs does not roid Ter:
- Defender Gryphon beats attacker Tycoon: Gryphon has init 8, Tycoon has init 20
Etd Bs does not roid Cat:
- Attacker Retailer beats defender Moth: Retailer has init 2, Moth has init 8
- Defender Tarantula beats attacker Retailer: Tarantula has init 1, Retailer has init 2
Etd Bs roids Xan:
- Attacker Retailer beats defender Vsharrak: Retailer has init 2, Vsharrak has init 6
- Attacker Retailer beats defender Apparition: Retailer has init 2, Apparition has init 6
Etd Bs roids Zik:
- Attacker Retailer beats defender Rogue: Retailer has init 2, Rogue has init 20
Etd Bs does not roid Etd:
- Defender Investor beats attacker Tycoon: Investor has init 7, Tycoon has init 20

And a little table, because I like my data organized:

Code:
|           | Ter   | Cat   | Xan   | Zik   | Etd   | Lands on |
|-----------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+----------|
| Ter Fi    |       | roids |       |       | roids |        2 |
| Ter De    |       |       |       |       | roids |        1 |
| Ter Bs    | roids | roids |       | roids | roids |        4 |
| Cat Fr    |       |       | roids |       |       |        1 |
| Cat Cr    |       | roids | roids | roids | roids |        4 |
| Xan Fi    | roids |       | roids |       |       |        2 |
| Xan Cr    | roids |       | roids |       |       |        2 |
| Zik Co    |       |       |       |       |       |        0 |
| Zik Fr    |       |       |       | roids |       |        1 |
| Etd Co    |       |       | roids | roids |       |        2 |
| Etd De    |       |       |       | roids | roids |        2 |
| Etd Bs    |       |       | roids | roids |       |        2 |
| Landed on | 3     | 3     | 6     | 6     | 5     |          |
Looking at that output, I'm a little worried about Ter Bs and Cat Cr being too strong, and Ter De and both Zik fleets being too weak, offensively. On the defense side of things, far too many fleets roid Zik, for a race that isn't very strong offensively either.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 23 Jul 2015 at 21:06.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2015, 20:39   #10
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

I've been meaning to do just that for a while. I kinda assumed someone had written a few basic stats analysis scripts already, since things like init and target classes are trivial to analyse.

Not sure what other rules are needed, but it's worth thinking about.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mzyxptlk again.
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 04:25   #11
Blue_Esper

yeah, i guess zik as it is, is more to plug holes in def, i'll try make fr a little stronger and give it a better def ship if needed
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 04:28   #12
Blue_Esper

also not sure that emp should be counted on def
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 04:34   #13
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
yeah, i guess zik as it is, is more to plug holes in def, i'll try make fr a little stronger and give it a better def ship if needed
Zik Fr doesnt need to be stronger, They need another ON class good init ship.
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 06:58   #14
Blue_Esper

zik fr is only out init by cr/bs or an emp ship
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 08:08   #15
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
zik fr is only out init by cr/bs or an emp ship
Twas my point they need help outside of the FR class.
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 08:56   #16
Blue_Esper

would make co very strong then? as it is it can already roid every race
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 09:52   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Update. I made 2 changes:
- teamups are now included
- 0-loss EMP def no longer stops any attacker from landing. I don't like this, because that makes 0-loss EMP actually worse than standard EMP. Blue_Esper asked for it, though, so I'm using that rule here, but I'll remove it from my code. Instead, I may do proper EMP calculations. May.

Still, here it is:

- Defender Pegasus beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
Ter Fi roids Cat:
- Defender Nightmare beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Attacker Phoenix beats defender Corsair: Phoenix has init 6, Corsair has init 20
- Defender Buccaneer beats attacker Harpy: Buccaneer has init 5, Harpy has init 6
Ter Fi roids Etd:
- Attacker Harpy beats defender Executive: Harpy has init 6, Executive has init 20

- Defender Dreadnaught beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Attacker ships beat defender Roach: Roach is not fired upon, but EMP does not scare off attackers
- Defender Roach beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Defender Banshee beats attacker Pegasus: Banshee has init 5, Pegasus has init 6
- Defender Spectre beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Defender Buccaneer beats attacker Drake: Buccaneer has init 5, Drake has init 7
Ter De roids Etd:
- Attacker Gryphon beats defender Tycoon: Gryphon has init 8, Tycoon has init 20

Ter Bs roids Ter:
Ter Bs roids Cat:
- Attacker Wyvern beats defender Scarab: Wyvern is Ter and resists EMP
- Attacker Wyvern beats defender Vsharrak: Wyvern has init 5, Vsharrak has init 6
- Defender Apparition beats attacker Dragon: Apparition has init 6, Dragon has init 7
Ter Bs roids Zik:
Ter Bs roids Etd:
- Attacker Wyvern beats defender Investor: Wyvern has init 5, Investor has init 7

- Defender Harpy beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Defender Wyvern beats attacker Scarab: Wyvern is Ter and resists EMP
Cat Fr roids Xan:
- Defender Dagger beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Attacker Black Widow beats defender Corsair: Black Widow has init 1, Corsair has init 20
- Attacker Black Widow beats defender Vendor: Black Widow has init 1, Vendor has init 2
- Attacker Scarab beats defender Retailer: Both sides fire at init 2, but Scarab uses t1, while Retailer uses t2

Cat Cr roids Cat:
Cat Cr roids Xan:
- Attacker Tarantula beats defender Fireblade: Tarantula has init 1, Fireblade has init 7
Cat Cr roids Zik:
- Attacker Tarantula beats defender Pirate: Tarantula has init 1, Pirate has init 5
Cat Cr roids Etd:
- Attacker Roach beats defender Distributor: Roach has init 1, Distributor has init 4
- Attacker Tarantula beats defender Retailer: Tarantula has init 1, Retailer has init 2

Xan Fi roids Ter:
- Attacker Banshee beats defender Pegasus: Banshee has init 5, Pegasus has init 6
Xan Fi roids Xan:
- Attacker Banshee beats defender Nightmare: Banshee has init 5, Nightmare has init 7
- Attacker Phantom beats defender Corsair: Phantom has init 4, Corsair has init 20
- Defender Buccaneer beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Defender Executive beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence

Xan Cr roids Ter:
- Attacker Apparition beats defender Dragon: Apparition has init 6, Dragon has init 7
Xan Cr roids Xan:
- Attacker Apparition beats defender Fireblade: Apparition has init 6, Fireblade has init 7
- Defender Pirate beats attacker Apparition: Pirate has init 5, Apparition has init 6
- Defender Distributor beats attacker Spectre: Distributor has init 4, Spectre has init 5
- Defender Retailer beats attacker Apparition: Retailer has init 2, Apparition has init 6

- Defender Phoenix beats attacker Corsair: Phoenix has init 6, Corsair has init 20
- Defender Black Widow beats attacker Corsair: Black Widow has init 1, Corsair has init 20
- Defender Phantom beats attacker Corsair: Phantom has init 4, Corsair has init 20
- Attacker Cutlass beats defender Nightmare: Cutlass has init 6, Nightmare has init 7
- Attacker Corsair beats defender Dagger: Corsair has init 20, Dagger has init 21
- Defender Clipper beats attacker Corsair: Clipper has init 19, Corsair has init 20
- Defender Peddler beats attacker Cutlass: Peddler has init 2, Cutlass has init 6

Zik Fr does not roid Ter:
- Attacker Buccaneer beats defender Harpy: Buccaneer has init 5, Harpy has init 6
- Attacker Buccaneer beats defender Drake: Buccaneer has init 5, Drake has init 7
- Defender Wyvern beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Defender Mantis beats attacker Buccaneer: Mantis has init 1, Buccaneer has init 5
Zik Fr roids Zik:
- Attacker Buccaneer beats defender Dagger: Buccaneer has init 5, Dagger has init 21
- Attacker Clipper beats defender Corsair: Clipper has init 19, Corsair has init 20
- Defender Vendor beats attacker Clipper: Vendor has init 2, Clipper has init 19
- Defender Peddler beats attacker Buccaneer: Peddler has init 2, Buccaneer has init 5
- Attacker ships beat defender Retailer: Retailer is not fired upon, but EMP does not scare off attackers
- Defender Retailer beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence

- Defender Black Widow beats attacker Vendor: Black Widow has init 1, Vendor has init 2
Etd Co roids Xan:
- Attacker Vendor beats defender Nightmare: Vendor has init 2, Nightmare has init 7
Etd Co roids Zik:
- Attacker Broker beats defender Dagger: Broker has init 2, Dagger has init 21
- Attacker Vendor beats defender Clipper: Vendor has init 2, Clipper has init 19
- Defender Peddler beats attacker Vendor: Both sides fire at init 2, but Peddler uses t1, while Vendor uses t2

- Attacker Distributor beats defender Dreadnaught: Distributor has init 4, Dreadnaught has init 7
- Defender Wyvern beats attacker Investor: Wyvern has init 5, Investor has init 7
- Attacker ships beat defender Ant: Ant is not fired upon, but EMP does not scare off attackers
- Defender Ant beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Defender Roach beats attacker Distributor: Roach has init 1, Distributor has init 4
- Defender Banshee beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Attacker Distributor beats defender Spectre: Distributor has init 4, Spectre has init 5
Etd De roids Zik:
- Attacker Peddler beats defender Cutlass: Peddler has init 2, Cutlass has init 6
- Attacker Peddler beats defender Buccaneer: Peddler has init 2, Buccaneer has init 5
Etd De roids Etd:
- Attacker Peddler beats defender Vendor: Both sides fire at init 2, but Peddler uses t1, while Vendor uses t2
- Attacker Investor beats defender Tycoon: Investor has init 7, Tycoon has init 20

- Defender Gryphon beats attacker Tycoon: Gryphon has init 8, Tycoon has init 20
- Defender Scarab beats attacker Retailer: Both sides fire at init 2, but Scarab uses t1, while Retailer uses t2
- Defender Tarantula beats attacker Retailer: Tarantula has init 1, Retailer has init 2
Etd Bs roids Xan:
- Attacker Retailer beats defender Vsharrak: Retailer has init 2, Vsharrak has init 6
- Attacker Retailer beats defender Apparition: Retailer has init 2, Apparition has init 6
Etd Bs roids Zik:
- Attacker Retailer beats defender Rogue: Retailer has init 2, Rogue has init 20
- Defender Investor beats attacker Tycoon: Investor has init 7, Tycoon has init 20

Running simple check for Fi teamups...
Fi teamups roid Ter:
- Defender Pegasus beats attacker Ant: Pegasus is Ter and resists EMP
Fi teamups roid Cat:
- Defender Beetle beats attacker Dagger: Beetle has init 1, Dagger has init 21
Fi teamups roid Xan:
- Defender Wraith beats attacker Dagger: Wraith has init 5, Dagger has init 21
- Attacker Ant beats defender Nightmare: Ant has init 3, Nightmare has init 7
Fi teamups do not roid Zik:
- Attacker Phoenix beats defender Corsair: Phoenix has init 6, Corsair has init 20
- Attacker Phantom beats defender Corsair: Phantom has init 4, Corsair has init 20
- Defender Corsair beats attacker Dagger: Corsair has init 20, Dagger has init 21
- Defender Buccaneer beats attacker Dagger: Buccaneer has init 5, Dagger has init 21
Fi teamups roid Etd:
- Defender Broker beats attacker Dagger: Broker has init 2, Dagger has init 21
- Defender Executive beats attacker Dagger: Executive has init 20, Dagger has init 21

Running simple check for Co teamups...
Co teamups roid Ter:
- Defender Phoenix beats attacker Beetle: Phoenix is Ter and resists EMP
- Attacker Wraith beats defender Phoenix: Wraith has init 5, Phoenix has init 6
- Defender Phoenix beats attacker Corsair: Phoenix has init 6, Corsair has init 20
Co teamups do not roid Cat:
- Defender Black Widow beats attacker Corsair: Black Widow has init 1, Corsair has init 20
Co teamups roid Xan:
- Attacker Beetle beats defender Phantom: Beetle has init 1, Phantom has init 4
- Defender Phantom beats attacker Wraith: Phantom has init 4, Wraith has init 5
- Defender Phantom beats attacker Corsair: Phantom has init 4, Corsair has init 20
Co teamups roid Zik:
- Attacker Beetle beats defender Dagger: Beetle has init 1, Dagger has init 21
- Attacker Wraith beats defender Dagger: Wraith has init 5, Dagger has init 21
- Attacker Corsair beats defender Dagger: Corsair has init 20, Dagger has init 21
- Defender Clipper beats attacker Corsair: Clipper has init 19, Corsair has init 20
- Attacker Vendor beats defender Clipper: Vendor has init 2, Clipper has init 19
Co teamups do not roid Etd:

Running simple check for Fr teamups...
Fr teamups do not roid Ter:
- Defender Harpy beats attacker Executive: Harpy has init 6, Executive has init 20
- Defender Wyvern beats attacker Vsharrak: Wyvern has init 5, Vsharrak has init 6
Fr teamups do not roid Cat:
Fr teamups roid Xan:
Fr teamups roid Zik:
- Attacker Buccaneer beats defender Dagger: Buccaneer has init 5, Dagger has init 21
- Attacker Executive beats defender Dagger: Executive has init 20, Dagger has init 21
- Attacker Black Widow beats defender Corsair: Black Widow has init 1, Corsair has init 20
- Attacker Clipper beats defender Corsair: Clipper has init 19, Corsair has init 20
Fr teamups do not roid Etd:
- Defender Vendor beats attacker Clipper: Vendor has init 2, Clipper has init 19
- Attacker Scarab beats defender Retailer: Both sides fire at init 2, but Scarab uses t1, while Retailer uses t2
- Defender Retailer beats attacker Vsharrak: Retailer has init 2, Vsharrak has init 6

Running simple check for De teamups...
De teamups do not roid Ter:
De teamups do not roid Cat:
- Defender Ant beats attacker Nightmare: Ant has init 3, Nightmare has init 7
- Attacker Mantis beats defender Moth: Mantis has init 1, Moth has init 8
De teamups do not roid Xan:
- Defender Banshee beats attacker Nightmare: Banshee has init 5, Nightmare has init 7
De teamups roid Zik:
- Defender Cutlass beats attacker Nightmare: Cutlass has init 6, Nightmare has init 7
- Attacker Mantis beats defender Buccaneer: Mantis has init 1, Buccaneer has init 5
De teamups roid Etd:
- Defender Vendor beats attacker Nightmare: Vendor has init 2, Nightmare has init 7

Running simple check for Cr teamups...
Cr teamups roid Ter:
- Defender Dragon beats attacker Rogue: Dragon has init 7, Rogue has init 20
Cr teamups roid Cat:
- Defender Scarab beats attacker Rogue: Scarab has init 2, Rogue has init 20
Cr teamups roid Xan:
- Defender Fireblade beats attacker Rogue: Fireblade has init 7, Rogue has init 20
Cr teamups roid Zik:
- Defender Thief beats attacker Rogue: Thief has init 19, Rogue has init 20
- Defender Pirate beats attacker Rogue: Pirate has init 5, Rogue has init 20
Cr teamups roid Etd:
- Defender Distributor beats attacker Dreadnaught: Distributor has init 4, Dreadnaught has init 7
- Defender Retailer beats attacker Rogue: Retailer has init 2, Rogue has init 20

Running simple check for Bs teamups...
Bs teamups roid Ter:
Bs teamups roid Cat:
- Defender Scarab beats attacker Retailer: Both sides fire at init 2, but Scarab uses t1, while Retailer uses t2
- Defender Tarantula beats attacker Fireblade: Tarantula has init 1, Fireblade has init 7
- Defender Tarantula beats attacker Pirate: Tarantula has init 1, Pirate has init 5
Bs teamups roid Xan:
- Defender Apparition beats attacker Fireblade: Apparition has init 6, Fireblade has init 7
- Attacker Pirate beats defender Apparition: Pirate has init 5, Apparition has init 6
Bs teamups roid Zik:
- Attacker Fireblade beats defender Rogue: Fireblade has init 7, Rogue has init 20
- Attacker Pirate beats defender Rogue: Pirate has init 5, Rogue has init 20
Bs teamups roid Etd:

Code:
| Ter Fi    |       | roids |       |       | roids |        2 |
| Ter De    |       |       |       |       | roids |        1 |
| Ter Bs    | roids | roids |       | roids | roids |        4 |
| Cat Fr    |       |       | roids |       |       |        1 |
| Cat Cr    |       | roids | roids | roids | roids |        4 |
| Xan Fi    | roids |       | roids |       |       |        2 |
| Xan Cr    | roids |       | roids |       |       |        2 |
| Zik Co    |       |       |       |       |       |        0 |
| Zik Fr    |       |       |       | roids |       |        1 |
| Etd Co    |       |       | roids | roids |       |        2 |
| Etd De    |       |       |       | roids | roids |        2 |
| Etd Bs    |       |       | roids | roids |       |        2 |
| Landed on | 3     | 3     | 6     | 6     | 5     |          |
Code:
| Fi        | roids | roids | roids |       | roids | 4        |
| Co        | roids |       | roids | roids |       | 3        |
| Fr        |       |       | roids | roids |       | 2        |
| De        |       |       |       | roids | roids | 2        |
| Cr        | roids | roids | roids | roids | roids | 6        |
| Bs        | roids | roids | roids | roids | roids | 6        |
| Landed on | 4     | 3     | 5     | 5     | 4     |          |
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 12:49   #18
Tiamat101

I believe this proves my point Zik have 1 good solo option for attacks. Where as almost every other fleet(not race) can roid atleast 2 others and 3+ with team-ups.
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 13:12   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Being bad offensively is pretty par for the course for Zik, though. That said, I would like to see 1 decent solo option for both Zik attack fleets. Beyond that, I think Ter Bs and Cat Cr could still use a nerf.

Unrelatedly, Blue_Esper pointed out a stupid inconsistency in the output I posted in my last post. Ter De can roid Cat solo (because all ships ignore 0-loss EMP in that version), but Ter/Etd De teamups cannot (because with the Distributor there, the Roach is no longer 0-loss, and it loses to the Roach). This, in my view, is confirmation that ignoring 0-loss EMP is a bad idea. Not what BE wanted to hear, I'm sure, since he was the one who asked I add it, but so it goes. :P

This reveals something I was aware of all along, but may not have made explicit enough: this program is not and can never be perfect. I tried to make some reasonable assumptions that are mostly correct, but not always. Be aware of this. Use its output, by all means, but don't treat it like dogma.

To get it right, I'd need to make a full bcalc and pit fleet compositions against each other. This is much more work than what I've done so far, and while I'm not saying I definitely won't do it, I'm not going to make any promises either. Additionally, this involves a new set of guesses: what are the right fleet compositions? I don't really want to input those manually either...

Meanwhile, I've removed the "0-loss EMP def does not scare attackers" rule. I won't repost the entire output, but Etd De, Ter De and De teamups all now no longer roid Cat.
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 14:37   #20
Blue_Esper

i'll add some anti bs to zik fr that out inits ter bs that should plug that hole
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 14:42   #21
Blue_Esper

so changes
Thief now targets Bs at init 4
Clipper and clipper now targets Cr at t1 and Co at t2
this shouldn't weaken the bs team up but stops one race solo'ing into zik, also makes zik the anti ter race
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 21:09   #22
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Mz what would a good land chart look like?

2-3 lands per race pod?

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2015, 06:58   #23
Mzyxptlk
mz.

My opinion would be 3 on average, Ter a bit less, Zik a lot less, Cat a bit more.
Unread 25 Jul 2015, 07:26   #24
Tiamat101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
My opinion would be 3 on average, Ter a bit less, Zik a lot less, Cat a bit more.
I think each fleet being able to solo into 3 races is 1) unrealistic and 2 makes for a terrible round. IF everyone can solo 3 races than when teamed up they are unstoppable.

I think 2 for ter/etd/xan 3 or 4 for cath and 1 for Zik.

Zik don't need to have a lot of solo attack options because they will steal into better fleets by tick 500. Also Zik trade off attacks for being one of the hardest to hit races post tick 800.
Unread 25 Jul 2015, 08:21   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
I think each fleet being able to solo into 3 races is 1) unrealistic and 2 makes for a terrible round. IF everyone can solo 3 races than when teamed up they are unstoppable.
There is usually significant overlap between what De fleet 1 can roid and what De fleet 2 can roid.

In my view teamups are meant to stop ally/gal def, not to overcome the target planet's fleet.
Unread 25 Jul 2015, 10:16   #26
Tiamat101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
There is usually significant overlap between what De fleet 1 can roid and what De fleet 2 can roid.

In my view teamups are meant to stop ally/gal def, not to overcome the target planet's fleet.
In the past 10 rounds I cant remember a team up each could solo roid the same targets. In fact each component usually only can hit 1 or 2 races solo but as a team can hit 3 or 4.

If a fleet can solo roid into 3 races then there is almost no reason for that fleet to have a team up as it will be able to roid 60% of the universe by itself. Unless all 5 races have a fleet like such it seems to me that it would be Very hard to balance.

However a fleet that can roid 2 races is much more manageable. Cath being an exception and should be able to roid atleast 3 usually 4 races.
Unread 28 Jul 2015, 12:30   #27
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Reran my checker:

- Defender Pegasus beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
Ter Fi roids Cat:
- Defender Nightmare beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
Ter Fi roids Etd:

- Defender Dreadnaught beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Defender Roach beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Defender Spectre beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
Ter De roids Etd:

Ter Bs roids Ter:
Ter Bs roids Cat:
Ter Bs does not roid Zik:
- Defender Thief beats attacker Wyvern: Thief has init 4, Wyvern has init 5
Ter Bs roids Etd:

- Defender Harpy beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
Cat Fr roids Xan:
- Defender Dagger beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence

Cat Cr roids Cat:
Cat Cr roids Xan:
Cat Cr roids Zik:
- Attacker Roach beats defender Clipper: Roach has init 1, Clipper has init 19
Cat Cr roids Etd:

Xan Fi roids Ter:
Xan Fi roids Xan:
- Defender Buccaneer beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Defender Executive beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence

Xan Cr roids Ter:
Xan Cr roids Xan:
- Attacker Spectre beats defender Clipper: Spectre has init 5, Clipper has init 19

Zik Fr roids Ter:
- Attacker Thief beats defender Wyvern: Thief has init 4, Wyvern has init 5
- Defender Roach beats attacker Clipper: Roach has init 1, Clipper has init 19
- Defender Spectre beats attacker Clipper: Spectre has init 5, Clipper has init 19
Zik Fr roids Zik:
- Attacker Clipper beats defender Rogue: Clipper has init 19, Rogue has init 20
- Defender Retailer beats attacker Thief: Retailer has init 2, Thief has init 4

Etd Co roids Xan:
Etd Co roids Zik:

- Defender Ant beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
- Defender Banshee beats all attacker ships: 0 loss defence
Etd De roids Zik:
Etd De roids Etd:

Etd Bs roids Xan:
Etd Bs roids Zik:
- Attacker Retailer beats defender Thief: Retailer has init 2, Thief has init 4

Running simple check for Fi teamups...
Fi teamups roid Ter:
Fi teamups roid Cat:
Fi teamups roid Xan:
Fi teamups do not roid Zik:
Fi teamups roid Etd:

Running simple check for Co teamups...
Co teamups do not roid Ter:
Co teamups do not roid Cat:
Co teamups roid Xan:
Co teamups roid Zik:
Co teamups do not roid Etd:

Running simple check for Fr teamups...
Fr teamups roid Ter:
- Attacker Thief beats defender Wyvern: Thief has init 4, Wyvern has init 5
Fr teamups do not roid Cat:
- Defender Roach beats attacker Clipper: Roach has init 1, Clipper has init 19
Fr teamups roid Xan:
- Defender Spectre beats attacker Clipper: Spectre has init 5, Clipper has init 19
Fr teamups roid Zik:
- Attacker Clipper beats defender Rogue: Clipper has init 19, Rogue has init 20
Fr teamups do not roid Etd:
- Defender Retailer beats attacker Thief: Retailer has init 2, Thief has init 4

Running simple check for De teamups...
De teamups do not roid Ter:
De teamups do not roid Cat:
De teamups do not roid Xan:
De teamups roid Zik:
De teamups roid Etd:

Running simple check for Cr teamups...
Cr teamups roid Ter:
Cr teamups roid Cat:
Cr teamups roid Xan:
Cr teamups roid Zik:
- Attacker Roach beats defender Clipper: Roach has init 1, Clipper has init 19
- Attacker Spectre beats defender Clipper: Spectre has init 5, Clipper has init 19
Cr teamups roid Etd:

Running simple check for Bs teamups...
Bs teamups roid Ter:
Bs teamups roid Cat:
Bs teamups roid Xan:
Bs teamups roid Zik:
- Defender Thief beats attacker Wyvern: Thief has init 4, Wyvern has init 5
- Attacker Retailer beats defender Thief: Retailer has init 2, Thief has init 4
Bs teamups roid Etd:

Code:
|           | Ter   | Cat   | Xan   | Zik   | Etd   | Roids |
| Ter Fi    |       | roids |       |       | roids |     2 |
| Ter De    |       |       |       |       | roids |     1 |
| Ter Bs    | roids | roids | roids |       |       |     3 |
| Cat Fr    |       |       | roids |       |       |     1 |
| Cat Cr    |       | roids | roids | roids | roids |     4 |
| Xan Fi    | roids | roids |       |       |       |     2 |
| Xan Cr    | roids |       | roids |       |       |     2 |
| Zik Co    |       |       |       |       |       |     0 |
| Zik Fr    | roids |       |       | roids |       |     2 |
| Etd Co    |       |       | roids | roids |       |     2 |
| Etd De    |       |       |       | roids | roids |     2 |
| Etd Bs    |       |       | roids | roids |       |     2 |
| Roided by | 4     | 4     | 6     | 5     | 4     |       |
Code:
|           | Ter   | Cat   | Xan   | Zik   | Etd   | Roids |
| Fi        | roids | roids | roids |       | roids |     4 |
| Co        |       |       | roids | roids |       |     2 |
| Fr        | roids |       | roids | roids |       |     3 |
| De        |       |       |       | roids | roids |     2 |
| Cr        | roids | roids | roids | roids | roids |     5 |
| Bs        | roids | roids | roids | roids | roids |     5 |
| Roided by | 4     | 3     | 5     | 5     | 4     |       |
My main remaining concerns right now are De, Cat Cr and Xan.
- De: even the teamup only roids 2 races, and there's little point for Etd De to team up, because De teamups land on the same races as Etd De does solo.
- Cat Cr: looks strong defensively as well as offensively, compared to say, Etd, which is as strong defensively, but much weaker offensively.
- Xan: a lot of fleets roid it, while its attack fleets can't land that much.

A more detailed analysis would be required to look for minor issues, but if you can fix those 3 issues, I'd say we'd have a decent candidate for r63. Allowing De to roid Cat and Xan to be invulnerable to Cr would be a big step forward. First 2 options that come to mind are:

Fireblade: Class Bs -> Cr
Moth: T2 De -> --
Black Widow: T2 -- -> De

And:

Tula: Type EMP -> Norm, Init 1 -> 8,
Moth: Type Norm -> EMP, Init 8 -> 2,
Mantis: Init 1 -> 2

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 28 Jul 2015 at 12:39.
Unread 28 Jul 2015, 22:37   #28
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

cath&etd cant def against Co with ally eta // ter cant def against Fi&De with ally eta // xan cant def agaist Fr with ally eta

why this?

Last edited by Joseph; 28 Jul 2015 at 22:57.
Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2015, 03:08   #29
Tiamat101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
cath&etd cant def against Co with ally eta // ter cant def against Fi&De with ally eta // xan cant def agaist Fr with ally eta

why this?
Sometimes making out of eta def ships is a way to make a race weaker. If they have strong attacks it would make sense to limit their def potential vs specific classes. It makes them less appealing for alliances to pick them as a strat if the classes they dont eta def at are popular. It also strengthens the ingal def ability of these races.

There are reason for why you would want to have off eta and off class def ships.
Unread 29 Jul 2015, 05:59   #30
Blue_Esper

umm what?
both xan attack fleets solo 3 races? how are they weak offensively?

cat is emp so your calculator machine makes it look amazing

the only thing i agree with is that de is weak offensively, i don't want to add a new targetting assignment to either race otherwise de will become to strong as they will have a 4 ship build effectively. De is not the super roiding fleet but i believe it makes it up by being defensively superior. just playing on bcalcs to see what i can do to boost de without reducing an attack fleet

Last edited by Blue_Esper; 29 Jul 2015 at 06:32.
Blue_Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2015, 06:45   #31
Blue_Esper

added another ship to ter that targets Co eta init 5 which gives ter another roiding option, thoughts?

the other option is to change banshee to target fr and remove de targetting of fi
Unread 29 Jul 2015, 13:38   #32
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
Sometimes making out of eta def ships is a way to make a race weaker. If they have strong attacks it would make sense to limit their def potential vs specific classes. It makes them less appealing for alliances to pick them as a strat if the classes they dont eta def at are popular. It also strengthens the ingal def ability of these races.

There are reason for why you would want to have off eta and off class def ships.
bad reason imho. almost all.players quit pa bcoz it takes.too much effort. i.mean, who likes to spend.nights dcing. and now u have some races and members who cant even send def. thats lame.
Unread 29 Jul 2015, 14:10   #33
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Stats that promote forts suck.

Its bad enough dealing with alliance emo in general but forts means you are pretty much always hitting someone "too much"
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2015, 16:06   #34
Blue_Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
Stats that promote forts suck.

Its bad enough dealing with alliance emo in general but forts means you are pretty much always hitting someone "too much"
you're suggesting to remove all fr/de pods then?
Unread 29 Jul 2015, 16:40   #35
Joseph
Error

i believe he means making stats with so many races not being able to make ally def against some classes, makes a round pro fortress. even more from what they already are.
Unread 29 Jul 2015, 16:52   #36
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

I haven't seen a stat set not do that for a number of rounds.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2015, 17:34   #37
Blue_Esper

last rounds set had ally eta ships?
Unread 31 Jul 2015, 10:12   #38
Mzyxptlk
mz.

You need to fix res stealer costs.

Alternatively, remove them.

Also, it's impossible to balance Fi res stealers if each point of damage steals 50 resources. Should be 5, or maybe even 1.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 31 Jul 2015 at 10:24.
Unread 31 Jul 2015, 13:34   #39
Blue_Esper

All res stealers are the same they're as balanced as balanced can be
Unread 31 Jul 2015, 14:52   #40
Mzyxptlk
mz.

A fi that costs 6k resources and has 97 ERes is not balanced.