User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jun 2005, 21:41   #51
Melesse
The Nephilim

Melesse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Attacking vs. Defending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered

Why do planets need tobe able to target planets so much smaller than themselves? i've seen countless posts on this forum of people talking about how the current attacking system allows players to attack planets bigger than themselves and not lose many ships (with the 1 class targetting system etc), and as i understand it, a lot of people will go for similar sized or bigger planets because of the xp.
Cause some people prefer keeping their fleet and value, and not attacking for XP.

I'd like to see a system where you can attack 1 tick, and maybe defend 2 ticks. It won't be all that useful, since different waves might be different types of ships, but it would be useful in some cases.

Additionally, I like the galaxies this round. I'm an aberration apparently, a 4 M player who values his gal over his alliance (Don't tell Coven :-p), and have enjoyed some small success in creating more in gal defense in my gal once I was elected GC. This was after everyone else of any size decided this gal was too inactive, and exiled themselves, leaving us alone, and much much farther down in the rankings then previously. Anyways, I like the size, and it makes a bigger target for alliance attacks with a larger range of planet sizes.

I think part of the problem of the imbalance between Zik (overpowered) and Cath (underpowered) could be solved with one fix. There was a thread the other day (week? month?) that introduced the idea of Caths killing a percentage of the ships they freeze as a method of dissuasion. You could introduce something similiar to Ziks. They subvert, until you research stealing. This could also apply to every other races stealing/emp ships (As Banned stated in his thread about the philosophy of Ship Stats or something like that). Basically they subvert/EMP, and each research adds 10% steal/destroy, with a cap of 4 researches. This would add an element of deterrence to Caths, and reduce the effectiveness of Ziks since the current system encourages landing on Zik defense. I believe Terrans and Xan are well balanced, but reducing the pods armor would be a positive step.

Melesse
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 15:27   #52
JDsocbas

JDsocbas is an unknown quantity at this point

I have two things to say:
For one you could create ships with only pod targeting capabilities, they wouldn't have to be class targeting specific, instead the amount of attack power to overcome the pods defences would be the deciding factor.
Also, it would be a pain in the a$$ but you create multi-targeting statistics for the ships with 1st target and 2 target, which i think existed many rounds ago.
Finally, for some reason i enjoyed pds, bring them back
JDsocbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2005, 15:49   #53
KarnivOre
1337 m£47 3@70r

KarnivOre is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melesse
I'd like to see a system where you can attack 1 tick, and maybe defend 2 ticks. It won't be all that useful, since different waves might be different types of ships, but it would be useful in some cases.

Melesse
i had thought of this but it wont be too viable, people wud just launch different ship types in waves, its probably not worth the time spent coding. its a good idea tho

Quote:
Additionally, I like the galaxies this round. I'm an aberration apparently, a 4 M player who values his gal over his alliance (Don't tell Coven :-p), and have enjoyed some small success in creating more in gal defense in my gal once I was elected GC.

Melesse
my gal kicked ass this rd, we had some very devoted players who even defended against their own alliances in gal (or told us when they were coming )
i also dissuaded my alliance from attacking my gal. i think a lot of these problems cud be stopped if alliances had a bit more morals, blocks suck etc etc

Quote:
I think part of the problem of the imbalance between Zik (overpowered) and Cath (underpowered) could be solved with one fix. There was a thread the other day (week? month?) that introduced the idea of Caths killing a percentage of the ships they freeze as a method of dissuasion. You could introduce something similiar to Ziks. They subvert, until you research stealing. This could also apply to every other races stealing/emp ships (As Banned stated in his thread about the philosophy of Ship Stats or something like that). Basically they subvert/EMP, and each research adds 10% steal/destroy, with a cap of 4 researches. This would add an element of deterrence to Caths, and reduce the effectiveness of Ziks since the current system encourages landing on Zik defense. I believe Terrans and Xan are well balanced, but reducing the pods armor would be a positive step.

Melesse
truth, i wud like to see this implemented next rd, i love cath (always have) and dont like seeing them being so weak all the time. xan and ter are pretty much balanced.
lets hope that idea fixes this

[ToF] spamming champ of the year award
KarnivOre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 23:36   #54
Edge
hate us cuz they ain't us

Edge has a spectacular aura aboutEdge has a spectacular aura about

blah..... my roids are mine and yours are yours.. instal the cap on how many the person can take make it a good one and just look back to the past rounds where people had the most fun and make the ****ing game like that damnit..... ie 2-5 maybe???
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 04:48   #55
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice

well, i was a cath in round 14.. right off the 1st week , the 1 st friday, my galaxy was attack, that normal and expected, but when i saw how many incoming i had (11 in 13 hours) that killed me right off. appoco did get a message about it in the support (and many others too in fact) so i went from near 500 roids to less than 70, and i lost all my spiders and cr that i had build before , due to incessant incoming! from there it only got worst, as everytime i d go over 300 roids, i would find myself attack. then, as i finally build up a worthwhile fleet.. guys twice my value start coming with 3k cr, 5 k bs, 3 k de, etc.. which was undefendable! as no one can build or send enough defense to counter such a fleet (especially if the kind of ships was unknown) and again appoco can tell how much i bugged him about it!

eventually that push me to quit playing before the end of the round, and i know my exemple was very often happening on other planet too.. i suspect "spying" activity as much as not enough defense available.. but in truth , what was my biggest deception was too see big players attacking those 40% value , bashing those weak/average players.

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked

Last edited by rop1964; 21 Oct 2005 at 05:59.
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote