User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Jun 2003, 20:32   #1
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
k, call me a n00b, but ...

If I recall after the tick, when overview says "attacking for 2 ticks" (was set to attack for 3 ticks), I'm supposed to get a combat report.... right?

30 minutes later, and still nothing ...

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 20:37   #2
Dreadnought

Not neccesarily(sp?) if they tick after you, you get that so you prolly recalled before they ticked
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 21:04   #3
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
yes..probably should have waited for the battlereport before recalling the fleet..

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 21:05   #4
Sokar

Sokar is an unknown quantity at this point
Yesterday my fleet was still eta 1 to target and I already had my combat report, heh.

It all depends on when your target ticks.

:: R4: 163:22:13 :: R5: 2:14:20 :: R6: 21:5:15 :: R7: 29:19:3 :: R8: 41:7:8 :: R9: 36:7:2 :: R9.5: 2:4:2 ::

The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in "Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire" and the computer will ask, "Specify type of goat."

Jason Alexander
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 21:09   #5
Salt

Salt is an unknown quantity at this point
Some targets I can get a battle report for and recall my ships before movement tick =X
Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 21:16   #6
Devo
Spinner Flamer Flamer

Devo is an unknown quantity at this point
well, stranger things have happened

"It will be fixed for round 10"
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Why are you quoting me in your signature?
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 22:06   #7
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Devo
well, stranger things have happened

"It will be fixed for round 10"

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 22:07   #8
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Your ETA/Fleet status is updated when your planet ticks, the battle is calced when the defending planet ticks.
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 22:11   #9
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
\o/
needless to say I missed out on a few good roids

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 00:56   #10
King
Here and Not Here

King can only hope to improve
It is quite possible that if you recalled right after @:00 that you recalled b4 your planet or the planet your attacking ticked so that you didn't actually combat.
King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 01:07   #11
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought if your planet ticked so u were "Attacking for 2 ticks" you would get a Battle Report even if you recalled before the actual battle happened (you receive the report). Always used to be the way if I recall correctly.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 01:29   #12
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
I thought if your planet ticked so u were "Attacking for 2 ticks" you would get a Battle Report even if you recalled before the actual battle happened (you receive the report). Always used to be the way if I recall correctly.
This "was" correct in all later rounds except round 9.5.
This round they didnt get the ticker straight or the server setup correctly so you actually dont tick for maybe 20 minutes if you are unhappy and the tick often happens .05 while battles occure are .20.

This means if you recall within those 15 minutes like in scorpios case you ticked but missed the btick. (last time i saw something like that was in r3 but there the window was only 30 secs and not 15 minutes)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 02:33   #13
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
In rnd 3 they had 2 ticks......

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 07:14   #14
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
cuz no-one else did it... i'll be kind enough......

N00B!!!!!!!
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2003, 08:02   #15
Devo
Spinner Flamer Flamer

Devo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Heh I just think it fits in well

Copying is a sign of respect. Well, supposedly.
Quote:
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 02:27   #16
sinnamon xie
teens1ut

sinnamon xie is an unknown quantity at this point
n00b

[M&S]
sinnamon xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 02:29   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MAdnRisKy
In rnd 3 they had 2 ticks......

Two ticks in forty minutes at 3:40am. Damn them was good days :)
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 03:37   #18
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Now you're reminding me of the 3-4 days in R2 when the ticker started going at double speed...ah, those were a lovely few days...and with the nightly downtime...

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 04:17   #19
Salt

Salt is an unknown quantity at this point
Yar, what JohnnyBGood said. That was our launch time just about every night. so we could be eta 6 within 40 mins =D.
Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 11:24   #20
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah the 2 fast ticks were nice.... but the 2 Loooooooooooooong ticks that followed sucked

hehe

just give me back Rd2 thieves/pirates and teh ETA 6 for teh thief fleet

oh and teh standard 23.55 LT
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 00:11   #21
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
23:55 ... that's heresy, I aint staying up that late why can't we launch at 13:00 or summit ?

Back up rocked although i hated it at the time.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 00:20   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
23:55 ... that's heresy, I aint staying up that late why can't we launch at 13:00 or summit ?

Back up rocked although i hated it at the time.

I used to launch at 6:55 at one time to catch planets with most of their fleets might out. One wonders why we did it heh.
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 00:27   #23
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
there are 3 fases in a tick

pre-mil/pre-travel

pre-mil/post-travel

post-mil/post-travel

recalling in fase 2 is recalling 'in the tick'

seems like you kinda got a glitch there, it is not usual, i remember my xan galmate of last round to recall his scoutkillfleet in the tick.