User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 12:46   #1
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Too early planning for round 10 ?

since it seems most on all sides of theese block wars would like to have all alliances go into the round single next round, maybee a commitment should be made this round and people start working toward that aim now,.

if you think about it and really want to you can do it. you probley have 1-2 months left of round 9, barring the unknown factor of round 10, why not lay the foundation for alliances to go solo in that round.

just somehting to think about.
if you put 1-2 months of work into it surely some goos and understanding could be reached from a public dialouge?.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 12:48   #2
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
I have seen too many of these threads pop up, signed by most, and have absolutely NO effect..

Sorry mate, doubt it'll happen.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 13:02   #3
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
it in all honesty dosent matter to me Wipeout, As I'm not planning on playing but after seeing a lot of bitching form ALL sides, was thinking they could focus there energy on something usefull for once.

wishfull thinking maybee, but got to start some where right?
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 13:08   #4
WipeOut
Playboy

Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
was thinking they could focus there energy on something usefull for once.
Real Life ?

Quote:

wishfull thinking maybee, but got to start some where right?

Certainly.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 13:11   #5
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
NOOOOO i want powerblocks, long live powerblocks!
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 13:29   #6
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
OMG! But... but..

It's bad timing, i lost the present round thru grouping!!
I will avenge it by that same nature the following round!!
Plus I don't trust the other fence will avoid blocking, I might as well start my own!!
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 13:49   #7
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Why don't we trust the creators to successfully add features that make it more desirable to go alone.

Jester
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 14:05   #8
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jester
Why don't we trust the creators to successfully add features that make it more desirable to go alone.

Jester
How is it possible for the creators to make such a feature?
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 14:05   #9
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Quote:

Jester
em wasn't april fools day yesterday

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 15:03   #10
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo

couldnt have said it better meself

hopefully ill get to c some of these anti block features at TG 03 :OO
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 15:04   #11
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hurragutten
You can limit alliance role by:
* By forcing people to give an alliance at signup
* Limiting the size of such an alliance to a fixed maximum
* By considering all non allied fleets as hostile even when they are both attacking the same target
* By not allowing def from anybody outside alliance and galaxy !!!
* By only giving your own alliance ETA -1 in def but clusters OR parallel ETA -1 only in attacks

You can than further enhance individual planet performance
* By randomly shuffle planets
* By allowing higher roid cap if you attack without other (allied) planets.
*By only giving planets that have no outside def get salvage and planet with outside def only the defending outside def fleets get salvage.
* By making max roidcap go up from the regular cap if your losses are huge. If you lose 25% of planetscore (!) your maxcap goes up 25%.
*By putting the planet rankings back as main universe rankings

hAl
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 15:13   #12
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
April 1. doesn't have a monopoly on jokes. Otherwise we'd have to sue under the anti-trust laws.

Jester
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 16:01   #13
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
* By considering all non allied fleets as hostile even when they are both attacking the same target
* By only giving your own alliance ETA -1 in def but clusters OR parallel ETA -1 only in attacks
ok i like ur post but i have one query with it, what if people wanna change alliances? or get kicked? doesnt leave u many options in what todo.

Unless ofc when u leave/get kicked from alliance X and u join alliance Y ur planet gets moved to an *open space* in one of the galaxys within the new alliance.

Madina
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 16:44   #14
Sokar

Sokar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
hopefully ill get to c some of these anti block features at TG 03 :OO
how many days to go again?

:: R4: 163:22:13 :: R5: 2:14:20 :: R6: 21:5:15 :: R7: 29:19:3 :: R8: 41:7:8 :: R9: 36:7:2 :: R9.5: 2:4:2 ::

The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in "Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire" and the computer will ask, "Specify type of goat."

Jason Alexander
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 17:00   #15
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
there are so little ppl left for round 10 so what we could have done is: make def onely possible on those that have the same tag,and then limit that to lets say 30 - 50 ppl. then you really have to have a l33t core to play with and you can have an gatherd 20% limit and that way ensure no gang bangs from diffrent taged ppl.

that way we prevent powerblocks,and race selection within the alliance or bg will be more important than ever
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 17:10   #16
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
sirad, too many (i'll refrain from mentioning) _people_ (see no mention of moron or twats or indeed self deleduded cattle banging gimps there) only play this game to win, and will abuse any avaiable aspect in order to obtain victory (lo rabba).

-Necro
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 17:20   #17
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Hurragutten

I was gonna say "by forcing them to do it, code it to the game", but then i saw hAl had replied with a good bunch of reasons.

I'm gonna make a fool out of myself and say this; I trust the creators will fix it, yes honestly. It's there in other games so why not. And who has even said tehre will be gals, clusters etc etc.

One big uni ahoy.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 20:16   #18
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Too early planning for round 10 ?

Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
since it seems most on all sides of theese block wars would like to have all alliances go into the round single next round, maybee a commitment should be made this round and people start working toward that aim now,.

if you think about it and really want to you can do it. you probley have 1-2 months left of round 9, barring the unknown factor of round 10, why not lay the foundation for alliances to go solo in that round.

just somehting to think about.
if you put 1-2 months of work into it surely some goos and understanding could be reached from a public dialouge?.
We need more than just an agreement to go it alone at the start. We also need a comittment to not sign long term alliances.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 20:26   #19
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Too early planning for round 10 ?

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
We need more than just an agreement to go it alone at the start. We also need a comittment to not sign long term alliances.

The "senate" idea lives, perhaps.
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 20:32   #20
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Re: Too early planning for round 10 ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
is there anything to bind people to it though? currently there isnt and unless they hardcode that into the game as well there never will be.

although one way would be to sanction alliances who form more than 1 pact at any one time, I.e tax them 25% of there total income.

it would certainly make people less enthusiastic about it.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 21:07   #21
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
sirad, too many (i'll refrain from mentioning) _people_ (see no mention of moron or twats or indeed self deleduded cattle banging gimps there) only play this game to win, and will abuse any avaiable aspect in order to obtain victory (lo rabba).

-Necro
does this mean your gal is gonna start attacking weet? or keep attacking already dead vom gals?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 21:14   #22
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Too early planning for round 10 ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
is there anything to bind people to it though? currently there isnt and unless they hardcode that into the game as well there never will be.

although one way would be to sanction alliances who form more than 1 pact at any one time, I.e tax them 25% of there total income.

it would certainly make people less enthusiastic about it.
Considering I'm a moderate, I've never envisioned a Senate that could impose sanctions in the game, I've always considered it more of a moral compass and discussion point.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 21:17   #23
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
It'd be great if this could be properly integrated into the game.

Jester
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 21:20   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Jester

It'd require revamping the entire structure of PA to somehow change the main characteristics of alliances as they are at the minute though. It'd take a lot of planning (although one can but live in hope that something along these lines will emerge for round 10).
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 21:45   #25
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
If it was integrated into PA along with the hard-coding of alliances, it could work.

I'd have to see how the combat "rewarding" system will work (which will be quite different than the "roidcap" now), as well as how the alliances are actually coded in, and to what extent...in order to make a more detailed explanation.

Hopefully this round has proved there is indeed a use for a "senate" of some kind, and we can take the first steps forward.
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 22:24   #26
Perfection
Autonomous

Perfection will become famous soon enoughPerfection will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl

hAl
Assume alliances are hardcoded in. What are the influx of newbies going to do? They wont have any contacts, and therefore no alliance before ticks start. So the system would need to allow players to move between 'Alliances' during the round. It would also be unfair to impose a 'maximum alliance change' limit on players also.

Alliance X signs up. They split their 300 memberbase in groups A, B and C. Because of the fact that you have to be able to move around, these people can just switch and change to be in the same 'Alliance' as who they are attacking with that night. Also, most alliances around are in some way fragmented into cliques and battlegroups anyway, so what is to stop people signing up in these groups all under the guidance of the same HC.

I will give you the fact that a fragmented system such as i have described would encourage breakoffs and smaller, elite groups, which is perhaps what is needed. But i dont think the creators will ever find a successful way to hardcode powerblocks out of the game, if they have though id be the first to congratulate them. I agree with your player suggestions tho.
Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 22:42   #27
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Too early planning for round 10 ?

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
It'd require revamping the entire structure of PA to somehow change the main characteristics of alliances as they are at the minute though. It'd take a lot of planning (although one can but live in hope that something along these lines will emerge for round 10).
Thing is, that's exactly what they're promising for round 10.

Jester
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 22:46   #28
Kyoto
Lieutenant-Colonel

Kyoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by WipeOut
I have seen too many of these threads pop up, signed by most, and have absolutely NO effect..

Sorry mate, doubt it'll happen.
NoS round 8
You werent there
read the script.
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 04:46   #29
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
I think it is possible to fix the game without hardcoding alliances. But that may be the easiest solution.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 15:17   #30
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Too early planning for round 10 ?

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
We truely live in odd times when

the best rapper is white,
the best golfer is black,
Germany is against a war

and even K-W is participating in anti-stagnation talks

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 15:37   #31
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
We truely live in odd times when

the best rapper is white,
the best golfer is black,
Germany is against a war

and even K-W is participating in anti-stagnation talks
Germ has always been anti-stagnation though.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2003, 18:45   #32
lrytas
[LDK] Head

lrytas is an unknown quantity at this point
First thing would be to count how many players would play r10
________
STARCRAFT REPLAYS

Last edited by lrytas; 26 Feb 2011 at 19:23.
lrytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 00:18   #33
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Germ has always been anti-stagnation though.
'twas rather a joke than a judgement...don't know K-W nor his view about stagnation

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 16:16   #34
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Too early planning for round 10 ?

Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
'twas rather a joke than a judgement...don't know K-W nor his view about stagnation
batty
Unread 4 Apr 2003, 20:09   #35
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
won't work simply since we don't know what the new game is like and a single alliance can not cover any serious incomings on a galaxy consistant only of their own members.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 11:27   #36
WipeOut
Playboy

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyoto
NoS round 8
You werent there
read the script.

PM me on IRC.
Unread 5 Apr 2003, 13:57   #37
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Jester
mmm, maybe though that would mean the senate has to change every meeting considering new alliances etc get formed. also it wouldn't be THAT fair to some pple that all decisions lie with the senate. Think about planets without an alliance seeing a bunch of high ranked command members of various alliance dictate what can and can't.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote