User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Aug 2003, 12:23   #1
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Bugs, suggestions and changes

We might avoid a few extra threads if we try and keep some of them in the same place

Anyways...thoughts:
The galpic, it's very annoying that it stretches or shrinks (i assume it shrinks aswell) your pics, instead of just leaving black background which would make more sense and less hassle. Having a max-size is about time though and i guess the pic is below the gal, for people with slow connections or something..even if it looks fairly odd :\

Messages, The 'delete all messages' needs working on. It should instead ATLEAST be a 'are you sure'-button or something. Checkboxes for each mail in order to delete would also make sense. As it is now, the button is very easy to hit when you want to send a message to someone *cough cough* Yes ofc you could just hit back, but browsers crash, people might not see that it says 'deleted' rather than 'message sent', and it would be a pain if you've just typed a looong mail and the text is gone when you click back (browsers fk up, not only crash) And you need to remember to save all mails..coords..etc :/

Im sure there was more..but im all blacked out atm.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:25   #2
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate the current alliances system. I don't know what it looks like for a HC as I am just a peon this round. But I just have a few words, of which one is boards. And it looks like a mess already. There are no forum groups. The alliance seems to be without wings (150 people in an alliance without subgroups seems hard to manage). Imagine sharing a forum with 149 others, while you are addicted to spamming and there is no separate spam forum. Pitty my allies.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:28   #3
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
I hate the current alliances system. I don't know what it looks like for a HC as I am just a peon this round. But I just have a few words, of which one is boards. And it looks like a mess already. There are no forum groups. The alliance seems to be without wings (150 people in an alliance without subgroups seems hard to manage). Imagine sharing a forum with 149 others, while you are addicted to spamming and there is no separate spam forum. Pitty my allies.
The primary uses for the in-game alliance functions are for the reduced travel time between members and the 'Alliance Rankings' (will be an interesting feature and avoid some of the old arguements ) - any decent alliance already has everything else they need set up outside of the game with their own boards, arbiter and irc servers. On the plus side any new alliances that don't have these tools get the opportunity to use them as provided in-game.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 18:33   #4
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've noticed the 'last post' message on the galaxy forum was attributed to a guy who hadn't posted anything - and yes, he was still in the galaxy. If he posted and deleted, I'd think that would update. Also, our GC paid and left, leaving us with ministers and no GC, which may or may not be a bug. And a suggestion, I perfer seeing who has how many votes so I know who to vote for to get a GC the fastest.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 00:43   #5
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

What is 'value'? And why is it only on the gal-screen, and not like score etc, on every page you have?
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 08:31   #6
Sokar

Sokar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
What is 'value'? And why is it only on the gal-screen, and not like score etc, on every page you have?
Value is the old score.

:: R4: 163:22:13 :: R5: 2:14:20 :: R6: 21:5:15 :: R7: 29:19:3 :: R8: 41:7:8 :: R9: 36:7:2 :: R9.5: 2:4:2 ::

The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in "Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire" and the computer will ask, "Specify type of goat."

Jason Alexander
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 09:42   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
And the score is, let me put it this way, tad annoying.

Does it yet have a value based ranking scale even?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 10:14   #8
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Why not keep scre as it is and has always been, and add Value as the new thing instead of score? :/
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 10:17   #9
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Value is your networth (i.e. the value of your ships, roids etc etc) - probably thus the name 'Value'. Your score is, funnily enough, the score you earn thru a mixture of doing things (i.e. you are now awarded points for killing stuff, stealing roids etc etc) and is also some way related to your Value as well.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 10:30   #10
HiHou
G4MER

HiHou is an unknown quantity at this point
This new score system makes it possible to win the game without being online 24/7. You dont need to have the most roids/ships to win the game. I think that's only a good thing and a big step forward for PA.
Unread 28 Aug 2003, 12:01   #11
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
that advisor thing is so lame, it does my head in, please remove it :|