User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 May 2003, 15:41   #1
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Who will be first?

Lots of alliances have said they will go solo for r10, but what about 9.5?
I hope my alliance decides to, but that can only realistically happen if everyone decided to. So will someone say they're going alone so everyone else will follow?
Unread 14 May 2003, 15:48   #2
Sokar

Sokar is an unknown quantity at this point
Olympians and some others already announced long ago that they will go solo if r9.5 happens.

:: R4: 163:22:13 :: R5: 2:14:20 :: R6: 21:5:15 :: R7: 29:19:3 :: R8: 41:7:8 :: R9: 36:7:2 :: R9.5: 2:4:2 ::

The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in "Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire" and the computer will ask, "Specify type of goat."

Jason Alexander
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 15:57   #3
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Eclipse and ToT are gonna ally and try and ruin everyone's fun.

Honest.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 16:09   #4
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Eclipse and ToT are gonna ally and try and ruin everyone's fun.

Honest.
did we un-ally at some point?
Unread 14 May 2003, 16:11   #5
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
did we un-ally at some point?
No, but the idea was for all alliances to be solo in round 9.5. Even Eclipse HC have publically said they would agree.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 14 May 2003, 16:32   #6
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
No, but the idea was for all alliances to be solo in round 9.5. Even Eclipse HC have publically said they would agree.
And have "they" publically said anything different from that yet ?
enlighten me scouse
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 16:37   #7
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
And have "they" publically said anything different from that yet ?
enlighten me scouse
No. But 'they' wouldn't if 'they' were going to stay allied, would 'they'?

Unread 14 May 2003, 16:52   #8
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
so what are the chances that every alliance goes into rd 9.5 without blocking of any kind
and will they just give planet naps straight away or will they give gal naps till they have logged who is and is not hostile

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 17:09   #9
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
No. But 'they' wouldn't if 'they' were going to stay allied, would 'they'?
Did you take lessons from Rumad ? another furah coming ?

As far as it concerns eclipse i learned about 40 mins ago that there is a r9.5 so i can say we have yet no plans in whatever direction they may go and will have an commandmeeting about that seeing if eclipse plays r9.5 or if we prepare for r10 and take a small break.
Its rumored to be only 600 ticks in r9.5 so i dont know if 4 weeks is worth the big effort or not.
Im sure as you are well informed youll keep yourself updated.

Eclipse will deffinately play r10 and most likely play r9.5.
Our idea of going alone in r9.5 coming from the first rumors about r9.5 still stand and i dont see a problem yet to follow it.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 14 May 2003, 17:18   #10
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You take yourself entirely too seriously.

Jester
Unread 14 May 2003, 17:23   #11
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally posted by Jester
You take yourself entirely too seriously.

Jester
I love it when you stroke my ego Jester. Of all posters you are the one i admire most
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 14 May 2003, 18:03   #12
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

KoRnNut is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorta depends on the massive numbers of 'Focht Bum Lickers' from the E/T galaxies. Many of the non-E/T gal mates in Eclipse galaxies either sat out of the war entirely, or had a deal with Eclipse/ToT where they could defend *anyone* they want, but never attack E/T, and/or they simply attacked with E/T. An army of slaves basically. I *pld* Eclipse for striking that much fear into the cowards

WP having suspended almost 100 of their members are just one of many alliances that need to decide if these spineless crumpet monkies should be allowed back in. FAnG/NoS/blah blah blah, everyone pretty much(well maybe not VOM/VRTX, just WE__NARFZ) has members considered "suspended" due to these circumstances. Also to mention the obscene number of defectors E/T obtained. I really dunno what 9.5 will hold, an easy Eclipse or ToT victory once again, this time with a showdown of the two perhaps at some point.

Since a fresh 9.5 will render my Para Alliance useless, *sniff*, my baby.... I'll likely rejoin NoS. They only get me back though if A) No allies ffs, no exceptions and B) They do NOT reactivate their suspended members whom are in E/T SlaveShip Galaxies.

What can I say that you can't say better?
KoRnNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 18:12   #13
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
You and Germ (and occasionally Hicks) are just too easy.

Unread 14 May 2003, 18:20   #14
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Damn these alliance whores :/
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 21:36   #15
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Scouse and Rumad sitting in a tree K I S S I N G, first comes love, then comes marriage, then Scouse with a babies carriage.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 22:48   #16
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
What about me? :/

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 22:54   #17
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
What about me? :/
Your easyness is legendary and doesn't need commenting upon
Unread 14 May 2003, 23:34   #18
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by KoRnNut
Sorta depends on the massive numbers of 'Focht Bum Lickers' from the E/T galaxies. Many of the non-E/T gal mates in Eclipse galaxies either sat out of the war entirely, or had a deal with Eclipse/ToT where they could defend *anyone* they want, but never attack E/T, and/or they simply attacked with E/T. An army of slaves basically. I *pld* Eclipse for striking that much fear into the cowards

WP having suspended almost 100 of their members are just one of many alliances that need to decide if these spineless crumpet monkies should be allowed back in. FAnG/NoS/blah blah blah, everyone pretty much(well maybe not VOM/VRTX, just WE__NARFZ) has members considered "suspended" due to these circumstances. Also to mention the obscene number of defectors E/T obtained. I really dunno what 9.5 will hold, an easy Eclipse or ToT victory once again, this time with a showdown of the two perhaps at some point.

Since a fresh 9.5 will render my Para Alliance useless, *sniff*, my baby.... I'll likely rejoin NoS. They only get me back though if A) No allies ffs, no exceptions and B) They do NOT reactivate their suspended members whom are in E/T SlaveShip Galaxies.
How cute to see that there are still people who doesnt know **** about galaxy control.
(no offense to the poster Im replying to)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 23:35   #19
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
There was already a declaration of intent for r9.5 by RaH, Olympians and Vision (may have been others but I can't remember). It's quite a simple process of elimination as to who of the remainders will be attempting to sneak an allied policy in somewhere.

The r9.5 start will be pretty soon from what I have been told (haven't read the announcement myself though), so it gives a short while for those remaining to give a similar declaration. You can assume anyone who doesn't has other plans.

The problem comes with the rumour mongering and half assed assumptions, ie Eclipse hasn't yet put up a post saying they will remain solo for 9.5 (I'm _sure_ if they play they will go solo, such talent should be able to prove itself *ahem*), so people are probably already assuming they'll go and at the very least maintain one ally.

That in turn is enough in some peoples minds to justify themselves taking an ally and then in turn others justifying taking 2 allies, and so on.

The only way to stop the spiral of partnering before it kicks off is to publically state your intent for 9.5.

So, Eclipse, ToT, Wolfpack, Seraphim and everyone else that I can't remember or be bothered to list, get your finger out and make an effort to stop it before it starts.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 00:40   #20
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
no one should need an ally before the round starts anyway. Hell, you don't even know what sort of attack/defence power you have till about 100 ticks in the game. It makes things very inflexible when you go in with a set group of allies. Being able to attack and defend whoever you want would seem like the best choice...
Unread 15 May 2003, 01:51   #21
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
I also announce to go solo during r9.5 .....

no seriously, I'm goin completely solo, I swear it !!!

I'd say, ally block etc for the last time and maybe try and get those shiny balls out (which you all kept hiding in your blocks) and go solo r10?

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 02:02   #22
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
There was already a declaration of intent for r9.5 by RaH, Olympians and Vision (may have been others but I can't remember). It's quite a simple process of elimination as to who of the remainders will be attempting to sneak an allied policy in somewhere.

So, Eclipse, ToT, Wolfpack, Seraphim and everyone else that I can't remember or be bothered to list, get your finger out and make an effort to stop it before it starts.
I believe Wolfpack, Ely have also declaired their independance.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 11:49   #23
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
The only way to stop the spiral of partnering before it kicks off is to publically state your intent for 9.5.
I'd like to see this, but they could just tell fibs so noone else allies and they get it easy.

What everyone else would do after that would be interesting.

And if this is done we can expect a lot of "X is allied with Y and I've got the proof" type threads here on AD.

Sounds fun.

Unread 15 May 2003, 13:14   #24
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
FAnG also announced they would go it alone iirc
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 13:49   #25
TAFKAJ
BEER!

TAFKAJ is an unknown quantity at this point
I can say on behalf of Vision, we are certainly going alone in R 9.5 AND 10. I just hope many other will do so too....
Unread 15 May 2003, 14:42   #26
Tomatoman

Tomatoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Eclipse's minister of information says "we play solo"
ToT's minister of information says "we play solo"
Elysium's minister of information says "we play solo"
Wolfpack's minister of information says "we play solo"
Rah's minister of information says "we play solo"
NoS's minister of information says "we play solo"
Vision's minister of information says "we play solo"
Olympians's minister of information says "we play solo"
Seraphim's minister of information says "we play solo"
Virus's minister of information says "we play solo"
Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf says "there are no alliances in PA at all, everybody plays solo"

Tomatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 00:30   #27
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomatoman

Eclipse's minister of information says "we play solo"
ToT's minister of information says "we play solo"
Elysium's minister of information says "we play solo"
Wolfpack's minister of information says "we play solo"
Rah's minister of information says "we play solo"
NoS's minister of information says "we play solo"
Vision's minister of information says "we play solo"
Olympians's minister of information says "we play solo"
Seraphim's minister of information says "we play solo"
Virus's minister of information says "we play solo"
Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf says "there are no alliances in PA at all, everybody plays solo"

LOL!

anyway the history will repeat itself!
This rounds winners will get buttrapored and thats acording to uni lists atm is fu.. eh eclipse and ToT
Unread 16 May 2003, 14:21   #28
skipper
outsider

skipper is an unknown quantity at this point
I doubt that virus will go all by themselves as they never have, too weak for it i guess
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 14:39   #29
skipper
outsider

Quote:
Quote:
I'd like to see this, but they could just tell fibs so noone else allies and they get it easy.
If an High commander announces on AD that the alliance goes alone r9.5/10 and then appears they're allied to someone the high commmander will be treated pritty much as a cheater as you have lost your credibility and you will be hated by many, so i dont think any HC would do that. Afterall who would like to change places with Killmark on pa-scene.
Unread 16 May 2003, 15:00   #30
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by skipper
If an High commander announces on AD that the alliance goes alone r9.5/10 and then appears they're allied to someone the high commmander will be treated pritty much as a cheater as you have lost your credibility and you will be hated by many, so i dont think any HC would do that. Afterall who would like to change places with Killmark on pa-scene.
LOL you severely underestimate the alliance HC around these days.

the only people who would need to know about it would be the HC, take Virus in r8 for an example, and im damned well sure there are others who have and would do the same thing if they felt they needed to.

especially if the HC in question wasnt exactly liked anyway.

dont over estimate the effect of having AD dislike you, as it means precisely dick. Killmark might not be liked by many but there are enough people who like him for him to do well every round he plays.
Unread 16 May 2003, 15:31   #31
skipper
outsider

It depends on players values, as I see it telling such a lie would burn way too many bridges. Killmark is a bit harsh example, but this round showed his carrying an awful weight for something he did many rounds ago. So i cant see any high command stupid enough for it. Also this includes only the very top alliances I doubt that fang and wp alliance would dominate the universe. The better the alliance is ie Eclipse the more they got to loose.

The hiding thing is tho very good point that i didnt see and it makes quite easy to actually have an alliance, but still it takes two coward high commands If there still would be a hided alliance the allies could not defend each other, which makes it even harder for fang and wp

And if the alliance is so weak that they think they have no change in an solo alliance universe, they just shouldnt agree to go solo. Not lie on AD, as they get less than loose from it.

Last edited by skipper; 16 May 2003 at 15:41.
Unread 16 May 2003, 15:37   #32
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
And if the alliance is so weak that they think they have no change in an solo alliance universe, they just shouldnt agree to go solo.
Its not just about weakness, its more of the desire to win, and to look out for the bets interrests of the members.
Unread 16 May 2003, 22:10   #33
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
HC stuff
AD is a tool, nothing more. In this age of Planetarion it bears little upon the game itself, politics are normally dead set before anything ever arises upon these boards.

All in all, I don't recall people like Grendel or Sid being using these boards as anything else. A HC should never outright lie on the boards (something Sid was credited for - he always told the truth), thats not to say the truth can be turned into some use.

HC who openly lie could get slandered but its extremely unlikely this would have a great effect upon the alliance. Many command members have ups and downs in their PR history (some with more downs than ups)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 00:24   #34
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
And if the alliance is so weak that they think they have no change in an solo alliance universe, they just shouldnt agree to go solo. Not lie on AD, as they get less than loose from it.

Shouldnt that be "chance?"

I think its sad if players/alliances cant seem to play just for the sake of having fun rather than for winning at all costs.

I can only speak for myself and our alliance, but we had fun this round regardless what position we end up with. We attacked/defended, pritty much business as usual as we go solo round after round.

Although a shrinking gaming universe, and the extreme blocking this round gave had its impact. We had some 60+ people quit this round. (quit the game all together, some for real life issues, but most out of couldnt handle the phase this round gave). We are still running at a healthy state though, no core members lost, activity been somewhat at same level throughout the round.

Im proud to play along my brothers & sisters in arms. So should everyone else be. Your alliance should be enough, if its not you have to little faith in it.
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 13:42   #35
skipper
outsider

yes its chance, never been good at english :G

The thin red line of games is to win it, without a competition about winner there would be no game at all. So with "people just having fun" wouldnt work too well.
Unread 17 May 2003, 14:21   #36
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Massive games cannot be about winning. There can be only one winner and thousands of losers. The losers will quit if it's only about winning.

I've played different online games in the early days of Internet. Nowadays there's mmorpg's. Such games are played for the satisfaction of doing well as an individual and/or as a group of players. This is the way I think PA is going and should be going. Ofc there should be an aim to win the game. But that should not be the primary purpose of playing.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 14:30   #37
skipper
outsider

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
AD is a tool, nothing more. In this age of Planetarion it bears little upon the game itself, politics are normally dead set before anything ever arises upon these boards.

All in all, I don't recall people like Grendel or Sid being using these boards as anything else. A HC should never outright lie on the boards (something Sid was credited for - he always told the truth), thats not to say the truth can be turned into some use.

HC who openly lie could get slandered but its extremely unlikely this would have a great effect upon the alliance. Many command members have ups and downs in their PR history (some with more downs than ups)
AD is certainly a tool and it could be used to prevent allying. If all major Alliances would say their stance in public(in AD) as few have done. It would make it easier for alliances to go solo. This is ideal, but not impossible, if the community really wants to get rid of blocks and allying and everyone is happy with their alliance go alone. There are still many difficulties in the idea as hiding alliance, and alliance sizes, but imo it should be done. With a little effort of an high profile player with contacts through universe its as easy as creating a private galaxy. Theres also a chance that Pateam has already created a solution to this problem, so i find it quite meaningless to talk about this atm :]..but if r10 brings nothing new to blocking it should be tried. And if theres then alliances not agreeing to do this solothing, then theres no point whine about NARFWEETZ's but accept the realities.
Unread 17 May 2003, 14:36   #38
skipper
outsider

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
Massive games cannot be about winning. There can be only one winner and thousands of losers. The losers will quit if it's only about winning.

I've played different online games in the early days of Internet. Nowadays there's mmorpg's. Such games are played for the satisfaction of doing well as an individual and/or as a group of players. This is the way I think PA is going and should be going. Ofc there should be an aim to win the game. But that should not be the primary purpose of playing.
I didnt say its only about winning but thats the main thing that pulls games together. Rpg's are a unique gametype and cant be compared to planetarion, as theres no "gameworld" in planetarion.
Unread 17 May 2003, 14:53   #39
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
I disagree. They can be compared. Ofc. there are differences, but that does not mean they don't have a lot in common.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote