User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 May 2004, 23:54   #1
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road
EU Vote - How Will You Vote?

Was just wondering how your going to vote?
This refers to UK Citizens only I guess.

I persoanlly will vote NO! as I don't like our economy being controlled by Brussels.

So ill be like De Gaulle Giving Britain a response to their apllication to the EEC.

A big Non!

P.S I was trying to make a Poll of this, but I can't find the option ( yes I am dumb :/ )
Unread 7 May 2004, 23:55   #2
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
Re: EU Vote - How Will You Vote?

I will vote yes becuse I think you are wrong.
Unread 8 May 2004, 00:00   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider
I persoanlly will vote NO! as I don't like our economy being controlled by Brussels.

So ill be like De Gaulle Giving Britain a response to their apllication to the EEC.
( yes I am dumb :/ )

Rolling On The Floor Laughing. Seriously man you should probably look up what you're voting about
Unread 8 May 2004, 00:03   #4
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If there is a f'k no option I will take that, if not a straight, boring no will suffice

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 00:04   #5
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zharkov
I will vote yes becuse I think you are wrong.
Then I'll vote no because I don't think that's very nice of you.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 00:16   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Then I'll vote no because I don't think that's very nice of you.
I'll vote yes using my alternate persona Gordon Brown
Unread 8 May 2004, 00:29   #7
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

I'll vote whichever way Boris Johnson votes, because he's great.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 01:06   #8
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I intend to vote no at the moment unless something drastic happens before then.
Unread 8 May 2004, 01:29   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A VOTE FOR YES IS A VOTE FOR HITLER!
Unread 8 May 2004, 02:10   #10
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

hwody my trollianic brother.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 04:00   #11
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

dunno, the eu at the moment is pretty wanky. i mean im all for european integration etc. but not in this current form. so yeah, i'll only vote yes if the cnstitution drastically changes things (like the democratic aspect) but if it doesnt, i wont. so probably 'no'
Unread 8 May 2004, 04:52   #12
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

The constitution referendum? I'll vote yes and hope the turn-out is as low as in our general elections so the yes vote has a chance against the tabloid-fueled mass-hysteria of the no vote.
Unread 8 May 2004, 05:26   #13
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, vote "yes" if only to distance yourself from belonging to that hideous collective of "no" voters. (eg. there was a hilarious woman on TV the other day objecting to immigrants because of the increased risk of aids and "they'll stand in groups, smoking".)

The way I see it, Britain is basically shit atm. We can say yes, see if things improve as a result, and you know what?, if it doesn't, we can change our minds! :eek: The alternative is to say no on the advice of morons,xenophobes and those with vested interests in maintaining the status quo.

I've read the draft constitution (admittedly I skimmed an awful lot of it) but saw nothing that I objected to, in fact by the time they've finished amending it, it will be watered down to the point of meaninglessness. (is that a word? it's late.) Anyway, I can't see it making much difference to our everyday lives.

We've had 200 years of free trade, freedom of movement, common defence policy etc. We call it the United Kingdom. What's an eventual federal (eek, I said the f word) europe if not basically a larger version of what we already have?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 05:29   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
(eg. there was a hilarious woman on TV the other day objecting to immigrants because of the increased risk of aids and "they'll stand in groups, smoking".)

Unread 8 May 2004, 09:52   #15
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

anyone who votes yes should be hung, drawn and quatered - kept alive on intensive care, and have the same repeated to them once every 10yrs.

At the end of the day its quite simple - patriots will never vote yes (even if they're in for quite a beneficial financial gain, most will say no). Anyone that isn't a patriot should be kicked out or done for treason. Would be nice to see some public hangings, especially of half of the posters on this forum.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 10:00   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: EU Vote - How Will You Vote?

It'll depend on what the final draft of The Constitution is like. Obviously, the problem in voting 'No' is that your quite moderate opinion will be hijacked by anti-EU extremists into a 'Get Britain out!' statement, when in fact I'd be voting simply on the basis of thinking that the Constitution is shit.

tbh, that would probably be the main factor if I should vote 'yes'.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 10:58   #17
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

will you leave completly if the no-side wins? id guess that would be best, because an eu with 25 members and without a constitution wont be manageable in any form and things will only become worse.
Unread 8 May 2004, 11:05   #18
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No. If there is a no vote, then a compromise will be found.
Unread 8 May 2004, 11:08   #19
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

that damn thing already is a compromise, thats why it took x years to work it out.
Unread 8 May 2004, 11:11   #20
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Only based on the input of respresentatives of the interested parties, not the member states directly.
Unread 8 May 2004, 11:11   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The EU constitution isn't just a collection of vague statements now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
I'll vote whichever way Boris Johnson votes, because he's great.
He's a right bastard.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 11:48   #22
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This makes me laugh - have any of you actually got any idea whats in the constitution? No didnt think so (well ok a couple of you will!)

Its not in Europe/not in Europe.

Also - someone said Europes all disentangled or something like that - thats the whole point of the constitution
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 12:05   #23
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
He's a right bastard.
He was funny on HIGNFY.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 8 May 2004, 12:47   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
This makes me laugh - have any of you actually got any idea whats in the constitution? No didnt think so (well ok a couple of you will!)
Probably a higer proportion of people here know what's in it than a random sampling of the general populace.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 12:48   #25
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
He was funny on HIGNFY.
his dad was better.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 13:02   #26
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The EU constitution isn't just a collection of vague statements now?
Its pretty much the same as the soviet union one; I actually find their charter of 'fundamental rights' physically disgusting to read.

And I probably wont vote, but if I had to I'd vote no.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 13:10   #27
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If a 'no' vote means the utter euro sceptics see it as an opportunity to pull us out of Europe, I would be tempted to vote yes purely to stop them, as EU is win as an idea, it's just not as well run as it should be.

If that's not the case, then i'll probably read it when they finally get out a proper draft. I reckon i'll probably vote no as some of the internal workings of the EU anger me as they stand currently, let alone when they get more power.

To be honest it's an utter shame that a large proportion people will be voting on what the euro sceptic half of the tories might do, rather than on the actual merit of the constitution.

Last edited by lokken; 8 May 2004 at 13:16.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 14:05   #28
Proteus
Lord Denning

Does anyone know the current opinion poll statistics on the EU and related matters? (i.e. whether people think we should be in the EU, whether they think we should join the Euro, whether they think we should adopt the constitution, etc.)
Unread 8 May 2004, 14:17   #29
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If The Sun says vote no, then thats that.
Unread 8 May 2004, 14:24   #30
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

i am not good informed about the momentary developement of europe, but wouldnt be the EU Constitution a step to the "United States of Europe"?

Unread 8 May 2004, 14:36   #31
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
i am not good informed about the momentary developement of europe, but wouldnt be the EU Constitution a step to the "United States of Europe"?
and that is bad because?
besides, as i understood it most things will (unfortunatly) still be decided by the national goverments and not by european institutions. it wont change that much
Unread 8 May 2004, 14:38   #32
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
it wont change that much
Just become more effective.
Unread 8 May 2004, 14:41   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Does anyone know the current opinion poll statistics on the EU and related matters? (i.e. whether people think we should be in the EU, whether they think we should join the Euro, whether they think we should adopt the constitution, etc.)
http://www.icmresearch.co.uk/reviews...ll-April04.htm

The ICM site is generally pretty tops when you want anytihng like this.
Unread 8 May 2004, 14:43   #34
wu_trax

Quote:
Just become more effective.
hopefully... with 25 members you cant give every single state a veto-right. it would be impossible to make any decisions at all.
Unread 8 May 2004, 15:02   #35
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
and that is bad because?
besides, as i understood it most things will (unfortunatly) still be decided by the national goverments and not by european institutions. it wont change that much
well i fully support the idea of an united europe.

Unread 8 May 2004, 15:02   #36
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Actually Ive just read the charter of rights again and I can honestly say that its one of the most genuinelly worthless documents ever produced by humanity.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 15:03   #37
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Actually Ive just read the charter of rights again and I can honestly say that its one of the most genuinelly worthless documents ever produced by humanity.
terrific argumentation

Unread 8 May 2004, 15:09   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog

I would tend to agree with this. I think they actually decided on it by adding up all current political opinions and getting rid of the ones that cancelled each other out.
Unread 8 May 2004, 15:09   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The US constitution is actually really good.

But then what do you expect when it was written by someone who said things like

'The clergy believe that any portion of power confided to me will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly; for I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against any form of tyranny known to the mind of man.'
Unread 8 May 2004, 15:10   #40
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
If The Sun says vote no, then thats that.
Oh dear oh dear.

I'd be tempted to say that you have to take a 10 question multiplechoice test about the constitution on the ballot form. If you don't get more than 70 or 80% of them right, then you clearly don't know enough about it to vote so the actual vote is ignored. Would actually be a representative poll of the issue at stake though. You just know that UKIP would deliver a leaflet with all the questions and the correct answers to every house in the country though, even as far down to the "Do you want the constitution?" though :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes, Minister?
Sun readers don't care who runs the country as long as she's got big tits
Unread 8 May 2004, 15:24   #41
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Someone who wouldn't vote should vote on my behalf
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 15:25   #42
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt

At the end of the day its quite simple - patriots will never vote yes
hmm, given that patriots are mostly total spastics, you may well have convinced me to vote yes.
Unread 8 May 2004, 15:29   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
hmm, given that patriots are mostly total spastics, you may well have convinced me to vote yes.
It depends what definition of patriot you use, and whether you're going by self proclaimed patriots or not.
Unread 8 May 2004, 15:33   #44
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
hwody my trollianic brother.

Hello.
Unread 8 May 2004, 15:33   #45
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
Anyone that isn't a patriot should be kicked out or done for treason.
I want you to be tried for being a moronic arsehole. I know it isn't currently an offence, but I'm sure the legislation could be put in place, given time.
Unread 8 May 2004, 15:43   #46
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I want you to be tried for being a moronic arsehole. I know it isn't currently an offence, but I'm sure the legislation could be put in place, given time.

Homosexuality was illegal once and with any luck it will be again.

If i was you i'd keep my fag opinions to myself.

"Let's put the 'Great' back into Britain"
Unread 8 May 2004, 15:43   #47
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Oh dear oh dear.

I'd be tempted to say that you have to take a 10 question multiplechoice test about the constitution on the ballot form. If you don't get more than 70 or 80% of them right, then you clearly don't know enough about it to vote so the actual vote is ignored. Would actually be a representative poll of the issue at stake though. You just know that UKIP would deliver a leaflet with all the questions and the correct answers to every house in the country though, even as far down to the "Do you want the constitution?" though :/
Yes, this is a perfectly sensible suggestion.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 15:49   #48
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
"Let's put the 'Great' back into Britain"
"Let's put the '**** off' back into '**** off you ignorant ****s.'"

btw i hear that kiddy slamming is already an offence so you hardly have much room to talk on the future of sexual legalities
Unread 8 May 2004, 16:19   #49
Dace
so f*cking zen

A mere technicality.
Unread 8 May 2004, 16:44   #50
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'll vote no, though that depends very much on what the question is. If the question is "Do you not want Britain to sign the EU Constitution?" then I would probably vote yes.