User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 May 2004, 20:49   #1
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all
[Football] Playoffs

Thoughts on who will win...

Div 1
Sunderland v Palace
West Ham v Ipswich

Div 2
Bristol City v Hartlepool
Brighton v Swindon

Div 3
Huddersfeild v Lincoln
Mansfeild v Northampton

Div 1 - Sunderland
Div 2 - Hartlepool
Div 3 - Northampton

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 20:58   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [Football] Playoffs

Palace - West Ham final
West Ham winners

Bristol City - Swindon final
Swindon winners

Lincoln - Northampton final
Northampton winners
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 21:12   #3
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

D1 Crystal Palace
D2 Hartlepool
D3 Northampton
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2004, 21:17   #4
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Sunderland vs West Ham final
Sunderland to win

Hartlepool vs Brighton final
Hartlepool to win

Northampton vs Huddersfield final
Northampton to win
Unread 13 May 2004, 21:18   #5
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
D1 Crystal Palace

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 13 May 2004, 21:21   #6
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Obviously Sunderland deserve to go up, but so often the team that almost made automatic promotion throws it all away at the end, with the form team that scrapes into the playoffs going up instead
Unread 13 May 2004, 21:27   #7
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

I know that only too well Still if sunderland loose 2-0 of less we'll crush them at the SoL on monday. no away goals either so might get extra time and penalties on monday. plus sunderland knew 3rd meant playoffs at the start of the season so i don't really think they deserve to go up either.

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 13 May 2004, 21:28   #8
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

or atleast dont deserve to go up more than the other 3 teams, if u know what i mean kinda thing...

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 14 May 2004, 00:07   #9
1-X
overtired

In the prediction league, we haven't got as far as predicting the playoff winner but D1-semi predictions indicate the finalists as....
Code:
LHC        West Ham	     Crystal Palace
Ragnarak   West Ham	     Sunderland
Apothos    West Ham	     Sunderland
Kurashima  West Ham/Ipswich  Sunderland
Stew       Ipswich	     Crystal Palace
Zharkov    West Ham          Sunderland/Crystal Palace 
CoD	   West Ham          Sunderland
SYMM	   West Ham 	     Sunderland
Lokken     West Ham/Ipswich  Crystal Palace
midge5     West Ham	     Sunderland
JC	   West Ham	     Sunderland/Crystal Palace 
JonnyBGood West Ham/Ipswich  Sunderland
Deffeh     West Ham/Ipswich  Sunderland
Lupin      West Ham/Ipswich  Sunderland/Crystal Palace 
1-X        West Ham          Crystal Palace
*if there is no selection made, it's because that person predicted the teams to be drawing at fulltime on the second game
Unread 14 May 2004, 10:20   #10
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Heh aren't I different

D1 Crystal Palace
D2 Hartlepool
D3 Huddersfield
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 13:27   #11
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Div 1
West Ham v Crystal Palace final
West Ham win

Div 2
Swindon v Hartlepool final
Hartlepool win

Div 3
Huddersfeild v Northampton final
Huddersfield win
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 16:21   #12
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Palace - this is purely from a cynical point of view cos Palace are closest to Pompey, are on a good run of form and the best chance of 6 points next season.
Hartlepool
Huddersfield
Unread 14 May 2004, 16:47   #13
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

It would seem the good ship pompy is faltering at present. Ure chairman sounds like a bit of an attention seeking arse to me i would like to say i know fcuk all about whats going on tho, but he still seems like an arse

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 14 May 2004, 16:52   #14
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Its all been sorted out now - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...th/3704985.stm
Unread 14 May 2004, 16:57   #15
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

I like Jim Smith, he can come and help out at S'land if they decide to sack him.
Have u lot not sacked Souness yet? its about time he went surely?

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 14 May 2004, 17:03   #16
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bald Eagle's Barmy Army
Bald Eagle's Barmy Army
Bald Eagle's Barmy Army
Bald Eagle's Barmy Army

(Repeat 100x)
Unread 14 May 2004, 17:08   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Argh, I appear to have just wagered on Crystal Palace to win. What was I thinking?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 17:09   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Argh, I appear to have just wagered on Crystal Palace to win. What was I thinking?
I think/hope you'll win

Did you bet on them merely because they're your team? (well were until they were so crap at home and didnt win at home until they played derby iirc)
Unread 14 May 2004, 17:11   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
I think/hope you'll win )
They're my local time, but I don't support them in any real fashion. I've seen them play a couple of times since Selhurst Park is a short bus ride form my home.
Unread 14 May 2004, 17:13   #20
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy
Have u lot not sacked Souness yet? its about time he went surely?
Why should we sack him?

3 years ago he got us promoted from the 1st division.
2 years ago he ensured our Premiership survival by finishing 10th and we won the Worthington cup.
1 year ago we finished 6th and so got into the UEFA cup for the 2nd year running.

This year has been a small blip in what has been our most successful time since Kenny Dalglish left. This year we had major injuries to Amoruso, Ferguson, Thompson, Redi and McEveley. 3 of those would have been definates in our starting 11.

Next year we should hopefully have a full strength squad with no long term injuries and a somewhat rejuvenated strikeforce with Stead and Gallagher.

A UEFA cup spot shouldnt be out of our reach next season.
Unread 14 May 2004, 17:17   #21
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

i think your looking through blue and white glasses, souness is a momentum manager that got lucky with stead. i think u'll struggle to finish top half next season. i would pin your hopes on thompson or reid. and mceverley is only a bairn if my thinking is right

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 14 May 2004, 17:50   #22
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough

Div 1
Sunderland v West Ham
West Ham win

Div 2
Hartlepool v Swindon
Hartlepool win

Div 3
Huddersfeild v Northampton
Huddersfield win
Unread 14 May 2004, 17:56   #23
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
A UEFA cup spot shouldnt be out of our reach next season.
Just highlighting this for future reference!!!
Unread 14 May 2004, 18:25   #24
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
souness is a momentum manager
Whats one of them then?

He created the 'momentum' himself so that makes no sense at all.

Quote:
got lucky with stead.
He watched him for quite a number of months, then decided to take a gamble. Not too many managers in recent years have found talent in the lower divisions and brought it to the Premiership with any kind of success. Its not the first time Souness has done it though, he did it with Neill who has been one of our most consistant defenders over the last few years.

Quote:
i think u'll struggle to finish top half next season.
I'll take a bet on that .

Quote:
i would pin your hopes on thompson or reid. and mceverley is only a bairn if my thinking is right
Thompson is great and will solve our left sided problem if Souness plays him there. Reid probably wont be much more than a squad player. McEveley will be a great player.

Souness is pretty astute in the transfer market. He got Friedal for nothing, Neill on the cheap, Gray on a free*, Thommo for cheap, Stead was a bargain. The only big money signings i can think of are Cole, Ferguson and Grabbi. Cole has been a good buy despite a recent dip in form. Ferguson should be a hell of a player for us. Grabbi is his only mistake .

The only thing you can fault him with is his short temper and the way he falls out with players - Dunn, Yorke, Cole, Todd**.

Hopefully we will get Gamst Pederson in the summer. The Norwegian Beckham with a left foot .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Just highlighting this for future reference!!!
Dont worry i'll remind everyone at the end of next season .

*seriously he has been ace

**player of the year and probably wont play for us again

Last edited by JC; 14 May 2004 at 19:00.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 18:45   #25
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Our player of the year who's come good this year is also leaving, won't even talk to the club
Unread 14 May 2004, 18:48   #26
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

blahblahblahreidy
Unread 14 May 2004, 18:54   #27
Stew
Made of Twigs

Barrow: get back to AD
Unread 14 May 2004, 18:57   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
blahblahblahreidy
blahblahblahidiot.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 18:57   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I am well hacked off at the Pompey situation - not that there is an argument, it was bound to come at some point - the fact it's been out in the open has been plain embarrassing.
Unread 14 May 2004, 18:58   #30
lokken
BlueTuba

Ipswich to get to the playoff final btw
Unread 14 May 2004, 18:58   #31
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
blahblahblahidiot.
Unread 15 May 2004, 01:19   #32
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Whats one of them then?

He created the 'momentum' himself so that makes no sense at all.

He watched him for quite a number of months, then decided to take a gamble. Not too many managers in recent years have found talent in the lower divisions and brought it to the Premiership with any kind of success. Its not the first time Souness has done it though, he did it with Neill who has been one of our most consistant defenders over the last few years.

I'll take a bet on that .

Thompson is great and will solve our left sided problem if Souness plays him there. Reid probably wont be much more than a squad player. McEveley will be a great player.

Souness is pretty astute in the transfer market. He got Friedal for nothing, Neill on the cheap, Gray on a free*, Thommo for cheap, Stead was a bargain. The only big money signings i can think of are Cole, Ferguson and Grabbi. Cole has been a good buy despite a recent dip in form. Ferguson should be a hell of a player for us. Grabbi is his only mistake .

The only thing you can fault him with is his short temper and the way he falls out with players - Dunn, Yorke, Cole, Todd**.

Hopefully we will get Gamst Pederson in the summer. The Norwegian Beckham with a left foot .

Dont worry i'll remind everyone at the end of next season .

*seriously he has been ace

he created the momentum and then lost it and went into freefall, keegan, reid etc.. crap managers. I don't suppose his arrogance helps matters either.
he was lucky with stead and correct me if im wrong but he's the only summer signing thats done well this season. He might not have spent too much money on some of the players but i'd guess they're on massive wages, Emerton, Baggio, Babbel, Gresko spring to mind.
Man utd are after pederson, so thats not gonna happen.
As for Ferguson, it doesn't matter how good he is if he's never fit he's a waste of money. Claudio Reyna is the classic example of that.

ps. i'm in the huff atm

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 15 May 2004, 08:09   #33
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
he created the momentum and then lost it and went into freefall, keegan, reid etc.. crap managers. I don't suppose his arrogance helps matters either.
he was lucky with stead and correct me if im wrong but he's the only summer signing thats done well this season. He might not have spent too much money on some of the players but i'd guess they're on massive wages, Emerton, Baggio, Babbel, Gresko spring to mind.
Man utd are after pederson, so thats not gonna happen.
As for Ferguson, it doesn't matter how good he is if he's never fit he's a waste of money. Claudio Reyna is the classic example of that.

ps. i'm in the huff atm
I dont believe Ferguson is injury prone (Sunday can probably correct me if i am wrong), so that shouldnt be a problem for us, it was just a one off freak accident.

Babbel and Baggio were on loans and we didnt pay much of their wages. Emerton and Gresko arent on that much that i know of.

Pederson's agent said Man U are after him, that doesnt mean they are. More likely he is just trying to get some other clubs interested in him to increase the transfer fee and wages the player will get.

Stead was a Jan/Feb signing not summer. Our other summer signings were Ferguson (injured), Amoruso (injured), Reid (injured) and Emerton (shit) . You can blame Souness for the last one but injuries arent the managers fault.

We had the 5/6th best away record this year. A couple more home wins and we would have been challenging for 6th place.
Unread 15 May 2004, 10:33   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Unread 15 May 2004, 11:05   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
the only summer signing thats done well this season
You should have known that he wasn't a summer signing, given he was supposed to be going to us.
Unread 15 May 2004, 20:57   #36
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You should have known that he wasn't a summer signing, given he was supposed to be going to us.
i knew what i meant

the kid thats replaced him at huddersfeild is supposed to be class, although his name escapes me we should buy him. we need another striker for when i shoot stewart on monday
planning on taking out babb and mcateer for the crack too

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 15 May 2004, 21:00   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

That's what you get for giving Bjorklund fans automatic rifles.

Thornton should start. Always. If only for his free kicks, ignoring that he does a lot for the team.

And that's our best result at Selhurst for ages.
Unread 15 May 2004, 21:06   #38
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

i was there when we when down and vowed never again. there was a canny nice streaker tho Apparently there was hell on last night. For once i really hope the lads up here dont give them a pasting, we don't need the hasstle. I agree with u on thornton, but maybe down the right as i like the idea of whitely and healy in the middle (when fit). We need a poacher to play with big kyle tho, that leon knight would be perfect

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 15 May 2004, 22:20   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Well, if George is playing at LB next season, and we still have Julio, we should have Piper on RW, Julio on LW. We then have a choice between Trigger/Whitley/Healy/Thornton/Robinson (presuming we sign him). There's only 1 really attacking player there.
Unread 16 May 2004, 01:45   #40
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
for when i shoot stewart on monday
I about bloody crap myself when I saw that! Bastard!!