User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Feb 2004, 15:09   #1
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
All Hail the United Kingdom

For some reason i keep imagining a conveyor-belt giving immigrants their union jack flags and then giving them their spying instructions.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 15:11   #2
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: All Hail the United Kingdom

But with a huge big boot kicking 1 in 3 immigrants off the belt into a vat of acid
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 15:11   #3
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

heh
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 15:13   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What a bitter whore Clare Short is.
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 15:18   #5
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Yes but an entertaing bitter whore...

Maybe she's really Deffeh!
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 16:51   #6
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thats a good attempt at gettin a current affairs debate with not one, but two controversial stories!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:11   #7
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Why do we need a citizenship pledge when we already have an oath of allegiance?

(Anyway, most people on the BBC website are complaining about the ceremony either because the Union Flag doesn't include Wales* (maybe it would if their flag wasn't so absurd) or because the National Anthem includes a verse hundreds of years old that is never ever sung any more with a reference to crushing Scots.)

*Actually, one of the people who said this also complained that it didn't include Northern Ireland, which makes you wonder what the red saltire is for.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:13   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I say we crush them good for nothin scots again!
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:16   #9
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

How can you have a citizenship pledge when the UK are subjects?
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:19   #10
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
How can you have a citizenship pledge when the UK are subjects?
Apparently it's not politically correct to talk about being a "British subject" any more.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:22   #11
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
I say we crush them good for nothin scots again!
Ahem?!

i think you`ll find if you try we`ll come down and teach y'all a lesson again
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:24   #12
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton from Trainspotting
It's shite being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. Most people hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We're colonised by wankers. We couldn't even find a decent race to be colonised by. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, and no amount of fresh air is ever going to change that.
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:27   #13
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

actually not many scots hate the english. we really coudlnt care less, tho i get a tad annoyed how shops in england sometimes dont accept scottish notes.
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:30   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
actually not many scots hate the english. we really coudlnt care less, tho i get a tad annoyed how shops in england sometimes dont accept scottish notes.
It could be because they're not legal tender in England. You know, 'Law'
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:38   #15
Phil^
Insomniac

last i heard they were, plus we take english notes up here. no reason why they cant take ours
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:40   #16
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

They are legal tender in England, you just get loads of dirty looks when trying to use them.
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:40   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
last i heard they were, plus we take english notes up here. no reason why they cant take ours
'An interesting feature of the Scottish banknotes issue has been the fact that they have never, apart from under temporary provisions introduced in both World Wars, been "legal tender" even in Scotland, although they are, of course, accepted as legal currency. Today, in fact, no banknotes whatsoever (including Bank of England notes!) qualifies for the term "legal tender" north of the Border and the Scottish economy seems to manage without that legal protection.'
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:41   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
They are legal tender in England, you just get loads of dirty looks when trying to use them.
Nope.
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:42   #19
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Its not the notes, its the skirt.
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:52   #20
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Nope.

They got accepted last time i tried, not that its very often i have Scottish notes, so that counts as being legal to me .
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:54   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It always makes me giggle now when English people come over to ireland and demand that we honour the almighty pound. I mean hello, we're the ones with the currency used by 300 million people now y'know. Strange thing is it's only ever English people
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 17:55   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Seriously?

They got accepted last time i tried, not that its very often i have Scottish notes.
The main problem in this thread is that people don't seem to know the definition of legal tender.

The only definition of legal tender is that the payee is required by law to accept it. Something not being legal tender doesn't mean they can't accept it, just that they're not required to. Book tokens, for example, aren't legal tender, because they can be refused. A demonstration of scottish banknotes not being legal tender is in Phil's example, where he's had them not accepted.

Here endeth the lesson.
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 18:05   #23
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
The only definition of legal tender is that the payee is required by law to accept it.
They only have to accept it in payment of a debt. (Bank of England website on Legal Tender)
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 18:11   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
They only have to accept it in payment of a debt. (Bank of England website on Legal Tender)
It's a shade of meaning that is irrelevent here.
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 18:15   #25
Stew
Made of Twigs

Shush - just cos he pwned u!
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 18:21   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Shush - just cos he pwned u!
Odd usage of the word.

Odd word.
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 18:24   #27
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

isnt there another bank note as well that you hardly ever see??? bank of clydesdale or something???
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 18:24   #28
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Odd usage of the word.

Odd word.
Well I was gonna say "0wned" but then I realised it wasnt 2000 anymore
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 18:26   #29
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
isnt there another bank note as well that you hardly ever see???
£50 notes?

My m8 paid with one of these at the union bar and they took it out the back to "weigh it" heh
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 19:11   #30
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
(Anyway, most people on the BBC website are complaining about the ceremony either because the Union Flag doesn't include Wales* (maybe it would if their flag wasn't so absurd)
Pff that is just stupid, people(The Welsh) will complain about anything nowadays if it seen as a way of complaining against something thought of as British. I would rather our unique flag than something similar to loads of other flags just so it could fit on the Union Jack..
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 19:13   #31
Intrepid00

The UK goverment had to cut costs in order to give the welsh free education.
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 19:35   #32
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
The UK goverment had to cut costs in order to give the scottish free education.
fixd
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:25   #33
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

I propose the celtic nations gang up again and invade England. Would stop them contantly bitching about everyone but themselves.We could educate them and make them 'civilised'. Y'know they constantly fight amongst themselves and declare war all too often.
Plus,y'know,historical irony.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:28   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

How could they gang up on us? We have much more population
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:38   #35
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Yeah cause population was the main sticking point of my post.
hehe.

Plus as Im sure you gf tells you...size doesnt matter...its what you do with it that counts.
We'd have the element of supprise.

We shall strike under cover of daylight. They wont be expecting that. We shall assault over the minefield.That should keep the element of supprise on our side.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:40   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

As long as we have James Last, we'll WIN.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:46   #37
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

No you shant! I got rasperry seeds in the grooves of his records! And doodled a telephone number on the lyric sheets. They are ruined!
AhahaHAHAhaHA

Also we've stolen your slide collection of 20th centuary telegraph poles! There is no escape!
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 21:35   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
I was under the impression that Robert the Bruce crushed the English in the last major battle between Scots and Englanders, and that Scotland and England wasn't joined together untill a Scottish king gained the crown of England as well.

Am I sorely mistaken?
I don't really see the relevence of that, as for it to be a valid statement (the one you're replying to) the scots only need to have been crushed at least once before.

Oh, and your sig's too long. 10 lines max.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 21:42   #39
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
I was under the impression that Robert the Bruce crushed the English in the last major battle between Scots and Englanders, and that Scotland and England wasn't joined together untill a Scottish king gained the crown of England as well.

Am I sorely mistaken?
Yes.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 21:45   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Yes.
It's also worded to suggest that the king gained the throne through conquest (or similar) rather than Henry VII marrying off his daughters for political advantage.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 00:28   #41
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

On the subject of the bank notes. I live in Carlisle, which is 'legally'* considered part of both of england and scotland, so by extention notes are by precedent legal wherever printed in scotland or england.

*This goes back to the act of union, no further act from them has recinded this status. Its been a free city of scotland and england for over 800 years, thus independant of yet integral of both parties.

Good news for me being half scotish and half english.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 01:12   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I'm making up for not posting in the empiricism thread by being really pedantic in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Octagonecologyst
union jack flags
I think you mean Union Flag
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 01:18   #43
Stew
Made of Twigs

Is that because its not Jack unless it's on the back of a boat?
Or have I made that up?
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 01:20   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Pretty much.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 01:22   #45
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Pretty much.
To which question?
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 01:23   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
To which question?
The only one it really makes sense for.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 01:25   #47
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
"Pretty much" would make sense.

Quote:
Or have I made that up?
Would also make sense? No?
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 01:26   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Well, making something up is pretty much (boom boom) a digital state.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 12:18   #49
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Or have I made that up?
It's the Union Jack when flown from the jackmast of a ship, at all other times its the Union Flag.[/pedantry]
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 14:02   #50
Proteus
Lord Denning

Just to make it clear, the jack staff is at the front of the ship, not the back.

(And only ships of the Royal Navy fly the Union Jack at the front. Most other British ships fly a Union Flag with a white border.)

The flag at the back of the ship is called an ensign.