User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Nov 2003, 00:46   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Let it Be... Naked

this is an absolute must for any Beatles fan. For those of you who don't know, Paul McCartney said 30 some years ago that he absolutly hated what Phil Spector did with the original release of Let It Be in 1970. He also said at that time that he would fix the mess Spector made of the album. And now, after all this time, it's finally here...the re-mastered, re-mixed, re-produced Let it Be. A million times better than the original....now, GO GET IT!!!!

GO GO GO GO!!!!

p.s. any of you have it already? if so....opinions?
Unread 30 Nov 2003, 00:51   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Let it Be... Naked

ive been hearing about this for months and months, but im a bit sceptical. You know i love the beatles Dilly, but its such a con, this re-release. An entire album being re-released. I know they werent on speaking terms the beatles back then, but McCartney was perfectly happy to let Spector do the album back then

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2003, 00:58   #3
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
I know they werent on speaking terms the beatles back then, but McCartney was perfectly happy to let Spector do the album back then
no, afaik McCartney had nothing to do with the release of Let it Be, it was Lennon and Spector...McCartney hated it from day one. The re-woring of it is brilliant tho. All of the between track talking is gone, Dig It and Maggie Mae are gone and Don't Let Me Down is now on it. Trust me, it's absolutly brilliant...sounds like it should have.

Last edited by Dilly_D; 30 Nov 2003 at 02:11.
Dilly_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2003, 02:50   #4
Rayden
Enforcer

Rayden is an unknown quantity at this point

"This is the sound of McCartney pissing on John Lennons grave"

That's a direct quote from the local newspaper
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2003, 03:12   #5
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

This thread in no way delivered what it promised.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2003, 11:53   #6
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough

I'll probably go and get it tomorrow.
Unread 30 Nov 2003, 12:32   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden
Unless McCartney now goes out of his way to destroy all alternate (i.e. original) copies of the album, this isn't true or fair.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2003, 13:18   #8
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i wont buy it because mr mccartney has his head too far up his own arse
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2003, 14:10   #9
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hay guys i heard that being dead makes john lennon inexplicably more talented than mccartney
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2003, 14:43   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
mr mccartney has his head too far up his own arse
That's 'Sir' McCartney thank you, peasant.
Unread 30 Nov 2003, 16:25   #11
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
That's 'Sir' McCartney thank you, peasant.
"Sir Paul", actually.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2003, 17:12   #12
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden

That's a direct quote from the local newspaper
I think that's a bit harsh to say. iirc, NONE of the Beatles liked what Spector did with the unfinished album....and McCartney got the ok from Ringo and George to do this, and I'm positive that had Lennon not been murdered 23 years ago, he'd have asked him too
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 07:52   #13
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
this is an absolute must for any Beatles fan. For those of you who don't know, Paul McCartney said 30 some years ago that he absolutly hated what Phil Spector did with the original release of Let It Be in 1970. He also said at that time that he would fix the mess Spector made of the album. And now, after all this time, it's finally here...the re-mastered, re-mixed, re-produced Let it Be. A million times better than the original....now, GO GET IT!!!!

GO GO GO GO!!!!

p.s. any of you have it already? if so....opinions?

isnt the Beatle's hugely overrated?
sure it was great back in the days, but now?

I sincerely disagree!
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 08:04   #14
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Idler, how are you little tosser?

Back to the subject.

Beatles is a kind of by gones. It never *was* that good to me, although I am a product of the 80´s hence I am all too young to critisize Beatles.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 13:18   #15
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the beatles are fantastic.

And even today they hold up due to the comedy amount of shit that goes about.

Unread 1 Dec 2003, 14:12   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

And even today they hold up due to the comedy amount of shit that goes about.
:up:
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 14:23   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Strangely, I agree with Deffeh.
Unread 1 Dec 2003, 14:39   #18
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

how does it feel to be right for once?

/troll.

Why am i here? I have an essay due for 5pm. I have a lecture in 20 minutes for an hour, and a tutorial at 4-5. And the hour in between i need for tutorial work.

Unread 2 Dec 2003, 07:03   #19
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Strangely, I agree with Deffeh.
well, it's damn near impossible to disagree with a statement like that