User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:08   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Lightbulb QuizTime

Initially, this idea will be piloted and if successful I may carry it on.

Over the next day or so I am gonna run a quiz. Anyone can participate and you may use any method you like to arrive at your answer.

The rules are simple;

1) Each correct answer is worth one point. After the question is posted the first person to correctly answer is awarded the point - further correct answers do not win a point, it is fastest correct answer only. In the event of multiple people posting the correct answer at the same time, I will award a point each.

2) First answer will be taken only - but a player may post as many answers as they like.

3) No editing of original posts are allowed. If this rule is broken I may consider deducting points.

4) My decision is final.

5) DO NOT SEND PM's - THEY WILL BE IGNORED!

6) The quiz lasts as long as it takes for me to ask and receive answers on 50 questions. I estimate this initially to take around 3 days.

7) There are no prizes at the moment. You will be informed if this changes.

8) Should a question remain unanswered for longer than four hours from when it was originally posted, then the quizmaster may void that question (remove it from play) and add another. Correctly answering a voided question does not earn a point.

9) I reserve the right to amend these rules should it become necessary.

Once a question is answered correctly check regularly for a new one to be shown (at the bottom of this post) and so on until all questions have been asked.

I will aim to do 50 questions which will consist of the following categories;

General Knowledge (10 questions)
Sport (5 questions)
Music (10 questions)
TV and Films (5 questions)
History (5 questions)
Geography (5 questions)
Science and Nature (5 questions)
Art and Literature (5 questions)

Questions & Answers so far:

1) Occuring once a year in Britain, what is the modern day equivalent of the ancient Roman festival of Hilaria? April Fools Day Judge

2) In which city did the first recorded car accident occur? New York Toccata & Fugue | SYMM

3) What is the most common colour that appears in the flags of the world? Red Snurx

4) In a standard pack of playing cards what do the queens hold in their hands? Flowers SYMM

5) What is the smallest quantity of draught beer that can be legally sold in Britain? One half, one third or one quarter of a pint? One third of a pint SYMM

6) How did the inventors of the dice game Yahtzee come up with it's name? They invented it on a yacht Gayle29UK

7) What four words in the English language end with the letters "dous"? Tremendous, Hazardous, Horrendous, Stupendous SYMM

8) What is Britains oldest Sunday newspaper? The Observer SYMM

9) In the Dilbert comic strips, what is the name of the management consultant? Dogbert SYMM

10) On the London Underground, which two stations are closest together? Leicester Square and Covent Garden Proteus

11) In the entire English league, which football team has the shortest name? Bury [GAP]Obiwan

12) In cricket, how many runs is a double nelson? 222 Proteus

Scoreboard:
06 Point - SYMM
02 Point - Proteus
01 Point - Judge
01 Point - Toccata & Fugue
01 Point - Snurx
01 Point - Gayle29UK

01 Point - [GAP]Obiwan

Current Question:

In dog racing, the dog in trap 3 wears what colour?

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by CrashTester; 2 May 2003 at 14:23.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:19   #2
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Re: QuizTime

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester

Code:
Current Question:
Occuring once a year in Britain, what is the modern day equivalent of the ancient Roman festival of Hilaria?

GOOD LUCK!

April Fools Day
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:32   #3
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
New York (in 1896)
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:39   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:

Current Question:
What is the most common colour that appears in the flags of the world?
Red
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:44   #5
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Flower
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:55   #6
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
In a standard pack of playing cards what do the queens hold in their hands?
All hold flowers but the QC also holds a sceptre.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:57   #7
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Re: Re: QuizTime

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
All hold flowers but the QC also holds a sceptre.
Thank You. The answer I was looking for and have accepted was Flower or Flowers.
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:58   #8
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

1/3 pint
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 17:01   #9
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
1/3 pint
Git! I was going to show off there. I have my NLC ffs

[edit] Not that it's hard, I did get 100% though [/edit]
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 17:10   #10
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

It means "great" in one of the Sioux languages
[edit] No it doesn't, i missed the ... in the entry
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 17:12   #11
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
It means "great" in one of the Sioux languages
[edit] No it doesn't, i missed the ... in the entry
Its not the answer I have Im afraid
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 17:18   #12
Gayle29uk
Bitch

That would be the Yacht Game then.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 17:25   #13
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

Tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 17:25   #14
CrashTester
I am an idiot

I was hoping to leave you with something a bit trickier

Unfortunately this will be it from me today. I am unable to get to my PC tonight but will resume this sometime tomorrow - keep checking for new answers

Out of interest, are we liking this? Or should I give up?
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 17:36   #15
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

The Observer
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 02:37   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
12, for the interests of keeping the thread alive.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 03:11   #17
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
12, for the interests of keeping the thread alive.
Not if it's across 2 triple word scores!
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 07:55   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Dodgy question , as theres about 6 possible answers based on which squares you place the tiles on.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 11:16   #19
CrashTester
I am an idiot

OK, I have voided the last question: How many points would you get for the word "Scrabble" in a game of Scrabble?

The answer I had was 11 - which no-one chad orrectly answered, plus there was some confusion over what tiles the letters were placed.

The new question is added, let the quiz continue
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 11:22   #20
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

Dogbert
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 11:40   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
The answer I had was 11 - which no-one chad orrectly answered, plus there was some confusion over what tiles the letters were placed.

adds up to 11 now does it?

ps.

There is no 'the management consultant' in Dilbert. It's generally Dogbert putting on a silly hat and screaming 'OUT DEMONS OF STUPIDITY!' or the like.
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 11:48   #22
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:

adds up to 11 now does it?

ps.

There is no 'the management consultant' in Dilbert. It's generally Dogbert putting on a silly hat and screaming 'OUT DEMONS OF STUPIDITY!' or the like.
Well Im not making the questions up personally they are all taken from source on the assumption that answers are correct.
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 11:50   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Well Im not making the questions up personally they are all taken from source on the assumption that answers are correct.
I REFUSE TO TAKE PART IN THIS QUIZ FOR MORAL REASONS!

GET SOMEONE ELSE TO BUMP IT!
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 11:55   #24
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
I REFUSE TO TAKE PART IN THIS QUIZ FOR MORAL REASONS!

GET SOMEONE ELSE TO BUMP IT!
Your bumping services were noted and you will be looked upon favourably throughout this quiz
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 12:02   #25
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Leicester Square and Covent Garden
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 14:28   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Rum and Coke
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 14:30   #27
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I raise my voice in protest against these British-oriented questions.
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 14:36   #28
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
embankment/ charring cross

i've literally just came back from there so ............... surely it must be, there literally on top of each other???
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 19:02   #29
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Covent Garden and Leicester Square
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 21:54   #30
CrashTester
I am an idiot

sorry, I didnt get much free time today. I'll try and continue again tomorrow. You'll have to wait until then to see if anyone has the correct answer to the current question
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 22:26   #31
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
woodgreen and tunpike lane

had to be different

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2003, 16:48   #32
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
I would just like to point out that I am right.

(Well, if I'm not, the London Underground website needs to be slapped)
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 2 May 2003, 11:18   #33
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
I would just like to point out that I am right.

(Well, if I'm not, the London Underground website needs to be slapped)
Yes you were

Next question is up - I'll try and get a few more in today but I am busy at work

Its time for some sport questions now..
Unread 2 May 2003, 11:48   #34
[GAP]Obiwan

Hull?
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 2 May 2003, 11:49   #35
[GAP]Obiwan

no Bury!
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 2 May 2003, 11:49   #36
Punk

Punk is an unknown quantity at this point
there will be no roleplaying
Unread 2 May 2003, 13:35   #37
Proteus
Lord Denning

Unread 2 May 2003, 14:03   #38
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:
Winnar!
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 2 May 2003, 14:56   #39
Proteus
Lord Denning

White
Unread 2 May 2003, 15:02   #40
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:
White
Winnar!
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]