User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Apr 2003, 18:17   #1
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Your assistance is required....

It's UCAS reply time, and I have to choose which of my uni offers to take as my firm and my insurance by this Monday.

I have offers from:

York - ABB
Sheffield - BBB
Liverpool - BBC
Lancaster - BCC

Now Lancaster have pretty much been discarded, so the choices now are:

York (F) Sheffield (I)
York (F) Liverpool (I)
Sheffield (F) Liverpool (I)

York is the better uni overall, though Sheffield has a slightly better rated Politics department. I prefer the actual uni at York over Sheffield, but I prefer the city of Sheffield (the uni area anyway) ever so slightly over York.

HELP ME.....
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 18:22   #2
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Your assistance is required....

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrism
York (F) Sheffield (I)
I'd go for this one, but that's just me.

Which has the better course? (content, not reputation)
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 18:31   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I got kb'd by York.

So **** them ****ers.

I'm going for Chinese.

Pick the place you're most comfotable with is all I can suggest.

Though this doesn't explain why I'm in ****ing Scotland.
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 18:36   #4
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Re: Re: Your assistance is required....

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
Which has the better course? (content, not reputation)
They both seem quite interesting, that's another problem deciding between them. They both have certain options I'd like to do, unfortunately they're split quite evenly over the two. I'd say Sheffield's 1st year is slightly better content, but York's 2 and 3 are more interesting and better developed than Sheffield's.
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 18:42   #5
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Re: Re: Your assistance is required....

Quote:
They both seem quite interesting, that's another problem deciding between them. They both have certain options I'd like to do, unfortunately they're split quite evenly over the two. I'd say Sheffield's 1st year is slightly better content, but York's 2 and 3 are more interesting and better developed than Sheffield's.
In that case I'd continue to say York.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 18:49   #6
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in the same situation, I know where I want to go, but the offers are pretty close and if I flunk out, I'm worried that I'll have to go somewhere ****ty through clearing.

KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 18:50   #7
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
York, always choose york, i have mates at both and the one at york fking loves it!
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 19:03   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Your assistance is required....

Quote:

York (F) Sheffield (I)
From knowing people at York, it certainly seems an excellent uni, and i wish i was there, heh.

I also live near sheffield, and York is a much better town than sheffield, imo.
NEWSBOT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 19:12   #9
Chrism
Governor General

I think it's going to be York/Sheffield.
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 19:22   #10
Chrism
Governor General

It's done!

L14 Lancaster University L200 Conditional offer 10/03 D - Decline
L41 The University of Liverpool L210 Conditional offer 09/03 D - Decline
S18 The University of Sheffield L210 Conditional offer 10/03 I - Insurance acceptance
Y50 The University of York L200 Conditional offer 10/03 F - Firm acceptance

Ty all for your help
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 19:27   #11
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
you shouldve picked aber for politics

tsk tsk tsk

its also where i am \o/
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 21:18   #12
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
York didn't even sodding reply to me :(

I hate them :(

Go to Newcastle!!!!!!

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 21:37   #13
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarina_Joy
York didn't even sodding reply to me

I hate them

Go to Newcastle!!!!!!
and i bribed them too!

newcastle is far far too close to scotland.
but , on the plus side, it will have a sarina.
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 21:59   #14
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
and i bribed them too!

newcastle is far far too close to scotland.
but , on the plus side, it will have a sarina.

As I am Scottish, being close to Scotland is a plus if only because it makes it easier to get home and see my 15 month old nephew :D

And I'm beginning to think you bribed them not to take me :(

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 22:22   #15
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
I may be going to York. WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER MUWAHAAHAHAHAA
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 22:26   #16
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
I may be going to York. WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER MUWAHAAHAHAHAA

They wouldnt let you into York, and I am not refering to the University.
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 22:50   #17
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarina_Joy

And I'm beginning to think you bribed them not to take me
so telling you i was there all day yesterday wouldnt be a good thing then ?
Unread 27 Apr 2003, 18:57   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
All universities are scum in the eyes of MORBO!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2003, 19:02   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
sarina: you going to newcastle? if so beware the marilyn manson :/
and JJ: you in aberdeen? cos i have mates up there \o/
Unread 27 Apr 2003, 21:39   #20
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
sarina: you going to newcastle? if so beware the marilyn manson :/
and JJ: you in aberdeen? cos i have mates up there \o/
aber = aberystwyth.

my choices were: 1st - aber
2nd - essex
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote