User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:25   #1
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
An oasis in the iraq saturated boards

F1

finally its worth watching again, what dya reckon renaults fuel strategy is???? i think they've just run them really light and will have to pit quickly. LOL at ralf schumacher. A million kisses to whoever came up with the rule changes.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:27   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Admittedly it has been gay in recent seasons. Whatever position you finished in on the first lap, you finished in by the end of the race.

This new rule appears to be a good thing.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:32   #3
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
It'll be even better after Silverstone when they get rid of the computers and make people have to drive for a change.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:44   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If tomorrow is anything like last race i will be jumping for joy. F1 has become far far far far more enjoyable to watch than i could ever have imagined.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:48   #5
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
I just hope schuhmacher doesnt win, that will make things far more intresting.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:49   #6
Amoril
Twisted

Amoril is an unknown quantity at this point
I stayed up late a fortnight ago to watch the Grand Prix.

In the after race press conference type thing when asked about his race Montoya whined a bit about it (the safety car ****ing things up for him twice etc) and then said "**** happens".

It wasn't censored but i wondered if anyone saw the afternoon showing if it was bleeped then?!
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:49   #7
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i hope he does

but thats cos im a ferrari fan :-)
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:51   #8
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
i hope he does

but thats cos im a ferrari fan :-)
i never liked him and i never liked ferrari. i hope mc laren will be back this year
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:53   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Amoril
In the after race press conference type thing when asked about his race Montoya whined a bit about it (the safety car ****ing things up for him twice etc) and then said "**** happens".
These foreigners don't understand.

After the Celtic-Blackburn football match, Henrik Larsson went "well, we played pretty **** in the last match, so it's important we did better today".
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:54   #10
JammyJim
Godfather

mcclaren are crap for the following reasons....

1. They changed a rather 'ace' colour scheme awhile back to their 'silver' one now.

2. Their no1 driver (coulthard) has a square face.

3. Their engine makes the most horrific whale like noise ever.

4. They beat the crap out of ferrari a few years ago and i hold a grudge

Why ferrari are 'ace' :

1. Shumacher
2. Theyre red
3. They make their own engines
4. Theyre Ferrari
5. If youve ever driven a Ferrari roadcar youll understand.
6. Theyre Ferrari
7-100 Refer to points 4 and 6
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:56   #11
Amoril
Twisted

I BET JAMMY JIM SUPPORTS MANCHESTER UNITED TOO!
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:58   #12
wu_trax

Quote:
mcclaren are crap for the following reasons....

1. They changed a rather 'ace' colour scheme awhile back to their 'silver' one now.
Mercedes was quite successful with that color scheme in the 50s

Quote:
and shuhmacher is pretty? look at his chin ffs !!!
Quote:
3. Their engine makes the most horrific whale like noise ever.
never noticed that.

Quote:
4. They beat the crap out of ferrari a few years ago and i hold a grudge
that was a good thing
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:59   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

no..

i have supported Ferrari from 'a long time ago'

The only time ive ever 'broken away' and support another team was when Hill was driving for williams.

Even then i wanted Alesi or Berger to win. Ferrari always had the 'straight line speed advantage'

fnar
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:26   #14
Emperorn
Ruler

Emperorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

David "I'll just sunday-cruise around at cousy pace and hope everyone else breaks down" Coulthard, McLaren's no1 driver, good one.

Only thing worse than Schumacher winning is DC winning. Schumacher is arrogant but a great driver can afford to be. DC is arrogant and shiet. God it bugs me when victories fall into his lap like last race.

- George Bush Sr
Emperorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:33   #15
Doogle

Doogle can only hope to improve
I think the F1 should be cancelled while the war is on.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:40   #16
Emperorn
Ruler

Quote:
Originally posted by Doogle
I think the F1 should be cancelled while the war is on.
Because they compete for the ratings?

- George Bush Sr
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:42   #17
Doogle

Quote:
Originally posted by Emperorn
Because they compete for the ratings?
Is that a rhetorical question or is a reply expected?
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:46   #18
Emperorn
Ruler

Quote:
Is that a rhetorical question or is a reply expected?
It is a "why in god's name do you think F1 should be cancelled because of the war?" kind of question.

- George Bush Sr
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:49   #19
Doogle

Quote:
It is a "why in god's name do you think F1 should be cancelled because of the war?" kind of question.
Oh I see.

Well I think all sporting activity should be curtailled while there is so much death and destruction. How can you cheer at speeding cars whilst people are being slaughtered?
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:51   #20
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

They aren't getting slaughtered by these fast cars
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:57   #21
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Oh I see.

Well I think all sporting activity should be curtailled while there is so much death and destruction. How can you cheer at speeding cars whilst people are being slaughtered?

So in fact we should stop all sportevents every bloody day of the year or just now because western soldiers are involved in a war at the moment?
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:58   #22
Amoril
Twisted

Quote:

I'm guessing you didn't spot the sarcasm in Doogle's comment.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 18:59   #23
Emperorn
Ruler

Quote:
Oh I see.

People are being slaughtered all the time.

F1 is a business, with employees. Why should they be put out of work because there is a war going on that gets a lot of media attention?

- George Bush Sr
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 19:00   #24
Amoril
Twisted

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
So in fact we should stop all sportevents every bloody day of the year or just now because western soldiers are involved in a war at the moment?

... and there's another one.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 19:01   #25
Emperorn
Ruler

Quote:
Originally posted by Amoril
I'm guessing you didn't spot the sarcasm in Doogle's comment.
Well if it was sarcasm it was well hidden. He could be a bible-thumper for all i know

- George Bush Sr
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 19:03   #26
Amoril
Twisted

Quote:
Well if it was sarcasm it was well hidden.

Wrong.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 19:06   #27
Doogle

Actually Amoril is right, given the title of the thread is " An oasis in the iraq saturated boards"
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 19:08   #28
Amoril
Twisted

Quote:
Actually Amoril is right, given the title of the thread is " An oasis in the iraq saturated boards" :D

I'm always right and people would do well to remember that.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 20:29   #29
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
btw only people who agree that senna > schumacher are allowed on my thread.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 20:31   #30
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
another thread with iraq in the title. Just what we need
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 20:56   #31
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt

shumacher is on a par or better than senna. its not fair to say hes worse or better tbh.

two different drivers driving different cars at different times. However shuey will be remembered as one of the 'greats' for all time. Along with only a handful of others.

Its quite amazing watching history being made as he takes championship after championship....
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 21:00   #32
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
One minor point.

Senna is ever so slightly dead.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 21:02   #33
Judge
Doh!

Quote:

Its quite boring watching that crappy German lead a procession around the F1 Race circuits for the last 4 seasons
There fixed it for you.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 21:09   #34
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
F1 this season has the potential to be excellent. Even the smaller teams have worked out ways to abuse the rules and gain a slight advantage, and it made the last race in Australia one of the best seen in a long time in F1.

A renault 1-2 on the front of the grid is excellent news. I hope that we see another non-ferrari face on the podium this race around.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 21:16   #35
wu_trax

when is the race anyway?
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 21:28   #36
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:

Its quite amazing watching history being made as he takes championship after championship....

yes but compare the drivers that senna came up against and the drivers the schumacher has to compete against.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 21:37   #37
JammyJim
Godfather

do you remember the days when shumacher in a benneton was racing hill in a williams?

as soon as he left benneton things turned downhill rather sharpish for the team..
that is the sign of a 'great'

the battles between hill and shumacher were actually some of the best racing ive ever seen.

i miss them so :-(
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 22:14   #38
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:
do you remember the days when shumacher in a benneton was racing hill in a williams?

as soon as he left benneton things turned downhill rather sharpish for the team..
that is the sign of a 'great'

the battles between hill and shumacher were actually some of the best racing ive ever seen.

i miss them so :-(
jesus you actually rate damon hill!!!!!!
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 22:44   #39
JammyJim
Godfather

i rate the competiton between the 2 drivers

yes
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 00:03   #40
Jammers

Ive never liked Schumacher since he rammed Damon Hill off the road and managed to steal the championship. The only good thing that came out of that race was Nigel Mansell won his last race.
As for Senna v Schumacher, Senna actually had to drive his car by himself, whereas Schumacher has a computer doing most of it for him.
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 10:20   #41
wu_trax

damn i missed most of the race, this was too ****in early :/
at least the results were fine
the rule-changes seem to be a good thing.
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 10:37   #42
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
Ive never liked Schumacher since he rammed Damon Hill off the road and managed to steal the championship. The only good thing that came out of that race was Nigel Mansell won his last race.
Australia 94? I loved that race, was the first early-morning race I ever stayed up to watch.
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 11:32   #43
Judge
Doh!

1 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren 10 1:32:22.195 56
2 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 8 1:33:01.481 +00:39.286 56
3 Fernando Alonso Renault 6 1:33:26.202 +01:04.007 56
4 Ralf Schumacher Williams 5 1:33:50.221 +01:28.026 56
5 Jarno Trulli Renault 4 + 1 lap 55
6 Michael Schumacher Ferrari 3 + 1 lap 55

Nice to see Michael Schumacher kept off the Podium
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 18:31   #44
Jammers

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrism
Australia 94? I loved that race, was the first early-morning race I ever stayed up to watch.
It was a good race but the way Schumacher won the championship was a bit unsavoury.