User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:14   #1
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
[Premiership] So who do you think will take over at Sunderland?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...nd/2838327.stm

--------------------------------------
Sunderland have sacked manager Howard Wilkinson and his assistant Steve Cotterill.
Wilkinson had won just two league matches in 20 games at the helm as Sunderland slumped to two points adrift at the bottom of the Premiership

The club's board announced on its website "that it is in the best interests of the club and its supporters to make a change immediately".
--------------------------------------

Personally I reckon Nial Quinn will take over, but then there's the comedy "Come back Peter Reid, all is forgiven" option.

Thoughts...
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:18   #2
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
George Burley, perhaps.
Niall Quinn might seem likely, but with no managerial experience it would be a bit of a risk to entrust the club's premiership status to him.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:27   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Break the Bank , bankroll O'Leary , or appoint Peter Taylor and hope you can balance the books next season.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:49   #4
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Sven Goran Erikkson
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:50   #5
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Walter Smith
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:50   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You thought we were innovative with Wilko, but I cunningly predict that the next manager will be someone even more obscure.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:52   #7
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
Fabio Capello.

You heard it here first folks!
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:52   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Joe kinnear if sunderland are sensible

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 23:17   #9
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point
Jesus, well they do need a miricle worker :/
Amoruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 23:20   #10
Dreadnought!

Jack Charlton
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 06:03   #11
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Ball
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 09:18   #12
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Odds are on McCarthy, so it's not McCarthy.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 09:43   #13
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
The topic should say [Nationwide] not [Premiership].

If i was the Sunderland board i would have got rid of Wilko and given Cotterill a go on his own, not like he can do any worse.

Stan Ternent!
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 09:47   #14
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Reyna should take over and work for his wage
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 10:09   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
front page of the northern echo says its mccarthy
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 10:12   #16
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
'shearer'
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 11:03   #17
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Sunderland are going to prepare for relegation a la Leicester I sense.

(except maybe perhaps without the debt)
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 13:27   #18
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Xillah
Ball
seconded

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 13:29   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
McCarthy

And Reidy , youre still going down. He cant save you.

(BTW , you realise FTM can mean "Mackem" as well?)
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 13:30   #20
Dakeyras

Vinnie jones

I hope it's McCarthy - he is a legend. I was wondering when they were gonna fire Wilkinson...
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 13:37   #21
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
McCarthy

And Reidy , youre still going down. He cant save you.

(BTW , you realise FTM can mean "Mackem" as well?)
Sunderland's remaining fixtures: March 15 v Bolton (h), March 22 v West Ham (a), April 5 v Chelsea (h), April 12 v Birmingham (a), April 19 v West Brom (h), April 21 v Man City (a), April 26 v Newcastle (h), May 3 v Aston Villa (a), May 11 v Arsenal (h).

take away the arsenal game (i'm not totally unrealistic) and ask yourself why not?
I'd be happy with McCarthy but Bally is still #1 by a mile, we need to fight not play football, don't put underland in div 1 yet though, i still have faith

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 17:17   #22
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Reidy
take away the arsenal game (i'm not totally unrealistic) and ask yourself why not?
flo
kyle
phillips

Unread 11 Mar 2003, 20:34   #23
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Sunderland's remaining fixtures: March 15 v Bolton (h), March 22 v West Ham (a), April 5 v Chelsea (h), April 12 v Birmingham (a), April 19 v West Brom (h), April 21 v Man City (a), April 26 v Newcastle (h), May 3 v Aston Villa (a), May 11 v Arsenal (h).

I'd be happy with McCarthy but Bally is still #1 by a mile, we need to fight not play football, don't put underland in div 1 yet though, i still have faith
7 points adrift atm. I reckon at best without a miraculous change in form you will get 9 points out of those fixtures. That gives you 28 points and a trip down the M6 to Burnley next season.

Not that i would like to see Sunderland go down, they are a huge club and should be in the Premiership :/.
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 20:45   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
7 points adrift atm. I reckon at best without a miraculous change in form you will get 9 points out of those fixtures. That gives you 28 points and a trip down the M6 to Burnley next season.

Not that i would like to see Sunderland go down, they are a huge club and should be in the Premiership :/.
Who would you like to see down then? As if its sunderland or west ham, theres really only one choice for entertainment

Unread 11 Mar 2003, 23:20   #25
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Who would you like to see down then? As if its sunderland or west ham, theres really only one choice for entertainment
As long as Bolton go down i am a happy man .
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 23:38   #26
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

looks like they will

i dont think at any point this season has anyone thought west ham will seriously go down.

Unread 11 Mar 2003, 23:58   #27
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
hahahaha we arent getting relegated. FIRST TIME EVER ME NOT KNOWING BOTTOM OF TABLE SHOCKER
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 13:37   #28
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Quote:
flo
kyle
phillips
clueless mate, no offence but your so off the mark with phillips its untrue. i'll accept the other 2 at the minute although i still thin theres a very good player in flo
big mic will keep us up, he even managed to get kilbane playing well, no fear

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 13:38   #29
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Quote:
theres alot to be said for passionate football

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 13:42   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
theres alot to be said for passionate football
I don't know, Bowyer seems to be quite passionate on occasion.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 13:44   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
clueless mate, no offence but your so off the mark with phillips its untrue. i'll accept the other 2 at the minute although i still thin theres a very good player in flo
big mic will keep us up, he even managed to get kilbane playing well, no fear
Think its too late for sunderland tbh, even with a massive change from the awful show that has been put up this season.

Purely because West Ham or Bolton will get enough points to stop you from catching them.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 16:03   #32
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point
Sunderland Chiarman bob murray met namesake David, Bigwig at Glasgow Rangers, Sunderland still owe Rangers £3 million for Tore Andre Flo(p), so Bob murray asked david "What you like 2 players instead cos we're a bit skint" David Murray Asked about Kevin Phillips and Micheal Gray, Bob told him he was thinking more along the lines on Kevin Kyle and Emerson Thome. David Murray laughed, it was the best joke he'd heard in a while.
Amoruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 17:12   #33
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Sunderland should give rangers back tore andre flo, instead of the money they owe rangers for tore andre flo.

Hes not worth 3 million

Unread 12 Mar 2003, 17:17   #34
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
Quote:
Sunderland should give rangers back tore andre flo, instead of the money they owe rangers for tore andre flo.

Hes not worth 3 million
He's not worth 1 pence. They should release him on a free to save the wages.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote