User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:27   #1
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Reading the 'signs'

Ok then, as some of you know, I've not had much luck recently on the 'getting my end away' front, this is no secret, however, today I thought things were going to change.

A girl from work, who we'll refer to as Stacey offered to give me a lift home from work. Please bare in mind that I no longer work at the same store as she does, I finished an hour after she did, and my house is 30 minutes in the wrong direction, something seemed to be 'up' here.

Now then, myself and this girl get on really well, she shares my twisted sense of humour, and we talk a lot, flirt a lot, often spend time talking on the phone or via text message, generally just doing things that you would do if you were 'interested'

So, anyway, I know this bird is 'taken' to some extent, and that she also munches carpet on the side. (Feday and Jedi, now is not a good time to go on about my fascination with carpet munchers, its just bad luck) So, we're in the car, etc, and I decide to make my move, as you do, and BLAM! Brick wall... I was totally misreading things...

So, why on earth would a sane person put themselves through such incovieniance if they were not at all interested in a quick rough and tumble?

Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:29   #2
Šiscorporation

Re: Reading the 'signs'

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids

So, why on earth would a sane person put themselves through such incovieniance if they were not at all interested in a quick rough and tumble?

It' s a hormone thing.

most likely yours
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:30   #3
Rocklobster[Dok]
Victuri te Salutant

Rocklobster[Dok] is an unknown quantity at this point
lol

poor Rids

Rock

A regular day on the lego server:
<Alf> We are Gren's bitches.. we should be proud to hump his legs
<Alf> wanna swap legs Nexus?
<Alf> This leg of Gren is smooth.. but I like some hair now
<Nexus> sure m8
<Nexus> i want the shaven now
Rocklobster[Dok] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:32   #4
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Quote:
and BLAM! Brick wall...
For a small second there I thought she had managed to crash whilst you were coming onto her. Which would have made for an excellent story.

As it stands, maybe she is just 'nice'?
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:38   #5
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
She's a woman. you're not meant to understand "why"
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:43   #6
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Reading the 'signs'

Quote:

mebbe she just likes you?
Why do some men always mix up friendship with ...easy shag..?

Last edited by sigrid; 11 Feb 2003 at 23:57.
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:45   #7
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
womem are evil, period
treat they like they are the devil
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:50   #8
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
womem are evil, period
Is it any wonder this bitter twisted excuse for a sub-human being is my least favourite GD poster?
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:51   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
Is it any wonder this bitter twisted excuse for a sub-human being is my least favourite GD poster?
Hes mine too, my reasons simple though.

Hes ****.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:53   #10
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Quote:
womem are evil, period
Coincidence? Or a psychologist's dream?
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:57   #11
sigrid
hated dead or alive

Quote:
womem are evil, period
can i please reply with the same ****?

muslims are evil, period.

you sir, lack a brain
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 00:00   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by sigrid
can i please reply with the same ****?

muslims are evil, period.

you sir, lack a brain
Hello Sigrid.

*waves*
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 00:04   #13
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Although I'm tempted to throw a brick at muslim I'll just say that it is clearly a misinterpretation.

I must say that it is now very interesting how this evolves - if you can fix this etc.
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 00:26   #14
sigrid
hated dead or alive

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Hello Sigrid.

*waves*

/me waves back
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 00:27   #15
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
womem are evil, period
Do you ever post anything not to do with women/bizarre culinary experiments?
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 00:39   #16
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Re: Reading the 'signs'

Quote:
Originally posted by sigrid

Why do some men always mix up friendship with ...easy shag..?
why do so many women entertain the proposterous notion that men actually want to engage in polite conversation, when it is evident that all they want is an easy shag?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 00:43   #17
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Re: Re: Reading the 'signs'

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
why do so many women entertain the proposterous notion that men actually want to engage in polite conversation, when it is evident that all they want is an easy shag?

Because contrary to the common myth, not all men are bastards.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 07:55   #18
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Re: Re: Re: Reading the 'signs'

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarina_Joy
we....arent?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 08:30   #19
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Re: Re: Re: Reading the 'signs'

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarina_Joy
Though, we've, with my girl, come to the conclusion that I'm a bastard, ****tard, pig, cheater, liar, evil, mean, et cetera that an average male is.

For Rids, I've done the same thing once (though with a woman I wasn't interested in), and some women have done it with me. I think it's something about my behavior, and in your case, the girl's behavior. Friendship (to an extended content) with a person you are physically attracted to often may get blurred and you feel like you actually was interested in the person.

Actually, I'd describe love as an extended friendship with a person one is physically attracted to.

Phew me though.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 08:36   #20
Gargle
drunk as usual.

Gargle is an unknown quantity at this point
Love is friendship set on flames.

it's sort of tough to keep only friendships to chix, and i beeing the stupid turd, i move in a chick-group for most of my free-time, and they are my good friends, and it is hard as hell to keep it stricktly as a "professional" relationship.

i already struck one miss to one of them. and i regret it.
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 08:43   #21
Rids
The Bad Guy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reading the 'signs'

Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
Though, we've, with my girl, come to the conclusion that I'm a bastard, ****tard, pig, cheater, liar, evil, mean, et cetera that an average male is.

For Rids, I've done the same thing once (though with a woman I wasn't interested in), and some women have done it with me. I think it's something about my behavior, and in your case, the girl's behavior. Friendship (to an extended content) with a person you are physically attracted to often may get blurred and you feel like you actually was interested in the person.

Actually, I'd describe love as an extended friendship with a person one is physically attracted to.

Phew me though.
I understand that the line of friendship with somebody you're attracted to can become blurred, but I've got plenty of female friends, so I generally dont interpret things this incorrectly. There was definately something about her mannerisms, the way she was acting and stuff that made me think that she was after something.

Women eh?
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 09:55   #22
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reading the 'signs'

Quote:
I understand that the line of friendship with somebody you're attracted to can become blurred, but I've got plenty of female friends, so I generally dont interpret things this incorrectly. There was definately something about her mannerisms, the way she was acting and stuff that made me think that she was after something.

Women eh?
Women

The longer you know your female friends, the smaller is the chance of misinterpreting their 'gestures' and 'signs'. I know how you feel, I've been through the same myself, but if it helps you out, women screw up with the mysterious 'signs' too.

How long had you known this Stacey girlie?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote