User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Feb 2003, 04:00   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
canadian luggage tags

i was gonna post this on df3 but i'd prolly get banned :P

i went to a travel store today to buy some luggage tags for my parents (their Reno trip, etc) and after looking at the neon yellow and orange ones.. i got them plastic Canadian flag ones.

the lady at the til said 'would you believe that these are best sellers in the US??' being in a good mood i said 'oh really?' though knowing full well it's true.
'yes,' she said, 'they buy them to wear on their luggage when they go traveling through europe and other places around the world'
'so much for American pride eh?' i said with a grin and left with my purchases.

TRUE STORY.

now then it made me laugh. americans are fiercely proud of their country and are proud to be Americans.. but why pretend to be Canadians elsewhere? EVERYONE LOVES CANADIANS \o/
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 04:05   #2
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
LIES I hate Canadians. (cept you)
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 04:14   #3
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: canadian luggage tags

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
eh?
haha!
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 04:20   #4
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
Top seller among americans who go abroad. That narrows it down already.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 04:20   #5
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i love you nicole

queball: i really did say 'eh' to her too :\
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 05:05   #6
Nixjim
Commander

Nixjim is an unknown quantity at this point
I plan to strap an actual Canadian on my luggage if I ever travel.
Nixjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 05:17   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nixjim
I plan to strap an actual Canadian on my luggage if I ever travel.
Are you sure you can get that kind of thing through customs?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 07:17   #8
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Hm. Most of the travel guides I've seen have suggested using covered luggage tags to prevent casual observation of your name, address and nationality. Also, use your work address; not your home address.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 14:10   #9
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point
so they dont get attacked by suicide bombers,or mad men with big swords.
they are so scared,they are pretending to be canadian.
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 14:18   #10
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
Re: canadian luggage tags

AWYN!

*fluffles*

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 14:19   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I want to drive around the US in a car.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 16:17   #12
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road
i have abest friend who is canadian. everyone loves me coz they all think i'm canadian too....

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 17:12   #13
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole
LIES I hate Canadians. (cept you)

i seem to remember you wearing a Canada T-shirt or something
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:33   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
I want to drive around the US in a car.
Let's Go!

I'd do that if it weren't for the cost of me getting there, and staying, but it'll be the dream to be lived
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:35   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Bobby Davro and Marilyn Manson touring the US in car. It's like some sort of Thelma and Louise with a goth Susan Sarandon.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:41   #16
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
New York, New York
It's a hell of a town
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:44   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
New York, New York
It's hell
It will be more so if Davro and Manson wander around
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 20:00   #18
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
I'd do that if it weren't for the cost of me getting there, and staying,
Ditto.

That sort of puts the mockers on it.

Unless we can find an incredibly wealthy donor. Perhaps we can make it a commercial venture, and do a TV series or write a book on it.

Or we could just sell all JBOY's kilts.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 20:58   #19
Nixjim
Commander

Quote:
Ditto.

That sort of puts the mockers on it.

Unless we can find an incredibly wealthy donor. Perhaps we can make it a commercial venture, and do a TV series or write a book on it.

Or we could just sell all JBOY's kilts.
I have an 80 acre farm here you can stay on for a night as you travel across, save you a couple of nights expense in a hotel/motel, if you don't mind camping out, I'd even feed you.

I've driven from here to Charleston SC, North through Michigan into Canada, and west to Coos Bay Oregon. I've visited South & North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Washington, and Otregon. And of course Indiana, since I live here.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:00   #20
Nixjim
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Are you sure you can get that kind of thing through customs?
Depends on which Canadian I use.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:06   #21
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Nixjim
I have an 80 acre farm here you can stay on for a night as you travel across, save you a couple of nights expense in a hotel/motel, if you don't mind camping out, I'd even feed you.
Now we only need about 8000 other good samaritans, and we'll be have our accomodation covered for the whole journey.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:38   #22
Nixjim
Commander

Quote:
Now we only need about 8000 other good samaritans, and we'll be have our accomodation covered for the whole journey.
I wish you luck, it would be neat to have visitors here. I could e-mail you a few pictures from around the US if you wanted to see them.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:43   #23
Dibdevlin
N/A

Dibdevlin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It will be more so if Davro and Manson wander around
They'd last about five minutes here before running back to their momies.
Dibdevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:52   #24
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Dibdevlin
They'd last about five minutes here before running back to their momies.
Bobby Davro runs from nothing. Manson, well, he's already a corpse so he's probably not afraid of death.

We should bring you to Dovecot, Liverpool. Mmmmm, death-o-licious.

Ain't that right, deertwat?
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:08   #25
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Deerbarn's from Dovecot???????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAHHAHA
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:09   #26
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrism
Deerbarn's from Dovecot???????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAHHAHA
No, he's from Aintree.

I used to live in Dovecot. \o/
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:13   #27
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Poor you.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:15   #28
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

It was ace. You didn't have to think when you saw someone 'Is that some drugged up scall who's going to knife me or am I ok?', you just knew they were all drugged up scalls who wanted to knife you and took things from there.

A lack of ambiguity is ace.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:26   #29
Chrism
Governor General

There are many things you could call that. 'ace' isn't one of them. Scary, yes, 'ace', no.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:27   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Well, it gets rid of all the worry. Replaces it with pure terror, but no worry.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:45   #31
Aryn
Happy

xeethot \o/

unfortuneately i think everyone's catching on and soon those canadian luggage tags will be worth nothing :\

actually i wouldn't mind driving around the states either. long trip though :P
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:46   #32
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Well, it gets rid of all the worry. Replaces it with pure terror, but no worry.
No woman no cry
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:50   #33
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
Dodge <> Dovecot
What is it with the D's
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 22:52   #34
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I want to see this 'Dodge' place now. I've a feeling it might feel quite homely

BUT WE WON'T START THE PUN GAME, K?
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:00   #35
Aryn
Happy

LO PAB FS

btw.. there's a place nearby called Cumberland (yes named after the Cumberland 'over there')

people call it Dodge cause it's full of redneck inbred hicks.. with a few exceptions of course (lo bery!)
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 23:01   #36
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

LO ARYN FS, damn your eyes.