User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Feb 2004, 22:42   #1
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Desert Combat 0.7

Just recently got Battlefield 1942 and its 2 add ons, and (on recomendation from some friends) downloaded Desert Combat 0.7

Its really quite fantastic. Anyone else play it?
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2004, 23:41   #2
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Desert Combat 0.7

I find it to lack optimazations. BF1942 runs smooth as hell (imagine that if you think back to release) while Desert Combat can be choppy and the helicopters I got a felling are fed up.

I bought flight sim 04 and tried the helelicopter on realistic mode. It was 10x more reponsive then Desert Combats.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 00:39   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Desert Combat is the best of the BF1942 mods, but even then it's still hideously flawed.

UT2K4 is where it's at.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 01:26   #4
Intrepid00

If UT2k4 gets its lagged fixed it will be. No way am I splurging for that poor excuse they call net coding as it stands right now.
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 01:28   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
If UT2k4 gets its lagged fixed it will be. No way am I splurging for that poor excuse they call net coding as it stands right now.
It's been fine for me
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 01:30   #6
Intrepid00

Not for me when it reaches 20+ players, then it just lags to hell for everyone.

I swear, its going to have the same exact crap netcode problem that BF1942 had at release and this time I am waiting for it to get fixed.
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 01:32   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
Not for me when it reaches 20+ players, then it just lags to hell for everyone.

I swear, its going to have the same exact crap netcode problem that BF1942 had at release and this time I am waiting for it to get fixed.
So no high hopes for BF:V?

Of course, the thing about UT is you don't NEED more than 16 players on any map.
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 01:50   #8
Intrepid00

True, 16 is more then enough for a UT map to have fun, but it would be far more rewarding to have more players since you have vechules that take up to 3 players.

As for BF:V, it should be fine since its just a slight engine upgrade of BF:1942 and I would hope the netcode would be carried over with some improvements. If the demo is laggy, the same rule applies. I did watch the BF:V trailers, I can't decide if the music makes it awesome or its the camera job coming toghter.

In conlculsion, as long as BF:V doesn't have a shitty demo with lag then I wil spluge on it. UT2k4 I will wait after release and see if the lag complaints remain and if they do wait till gone.
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 01:53   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Well, only one vehicle. And on Torlan, there's only 10 spaces in the sum of the multispace vehicles, compared to 12 single seaters. That's 22 spaces, and having 22 people with 22 vehicle spaces would be pretty crap.
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 02:40   #10
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyr0 MK III
Just recently got Battlefield 1942 and its 2 add ons, and (on recomendation from some friends) downloaded Desert Combat 0.7

Its really quite fantastic. Anyone else play it?
the maps in desert combat are far too big imo

they general layout, and overall mods are good, however the size puts me off

big in battlefield 1942 does not mean better
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote