User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jun 2002, 10:03   #51
David91

David91 is an unknown quantity at this point
*David moves to the vehicle bay and gets into the c0ckpit of his WAVE. He straps himself in and closes down the transparent shield over him. Then fiddles with the controls and mocks what the female computer voice says "All systems starting - lah." All the lights turn on. The door to the outside slowly rattles upwards and folds into the roof. David waits for it to fully open.*
David91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 11:07   #52
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Fluffie sighs after receiving no reply from the Chief. He mutters some unfriendly words, but smiles again shortly after, thinking of his family. He gets up and walks out of the briefing room, heading towards the locker room. He gets in front of his rather large locker, rather large because it has to hold the entire power armour he wore, along with the side equipment Fluffie used. He quickly changed into his gear, still not entirely knowing where to be and what exactly to do, but he smiled. He felt usefull doing his job, protecting citizens from dangers, the usefull feeling made him feel better out himself. He still smiled as he attached the shield to his left arm and pulled the heavy calliber shotgun out of its holder. He loaded it and checked if it was good, finding out it was. He grinned and put it in a holster on his back, while strapping on the rest of his gear. A few minutes later, he stepped outside the locker room and began making his way to where ever he was suposed to be.
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 13:34   #53
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul "Terminator" Zukov
Vehicle: Gunship
Stats: 5ft 7......84 KG

Not much else is known about me....come from a rough neighbourhood.....joined the Police force....as well offered a pretty good opportunity....as unskilled factory work did not offer much prospects.
Previously.....was a Forklift Driver.....damn good at it! But decided needed a new challenge in life.....Skilled at the use of vehicles..and also was taking private lessons in aircraft operation which is excellant at....seems to have a natural ability!

Fav Quote "Mercy Is For The Weak"
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 15:53   #54
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
SCC Apollo
Mars Orbit
Mars

"Captain, those sensor ghosts are back." reported the crewman to Captain John Trevayne, commander of the SCC Apollo, an Aphelion class Battle Crusier.
"I see." answered Trevayne in a bored tone, used to the reports by now.
"It could be a ship sir. The sensor ghosts have been appearing around the edge of the planet, as if a ship was entering our line of sight for a moment, and then ducking back into the cover of the planet's mass."
"Send out a Gunship squadron to check the other side of the planet, in case there really is a ship out there." Trevayne ordered, and the crewman saluted before moving off to follow his captain's orders.

David91

Your sensors pick up a second WAVE approaching yours from behind, and your comm suddenly crackles to life. "Ready to try to hold a crowd of people back..without using weapons, sonny?" Vincent said, continuing the running joke between you as he manevered his TX-42 Kenji beside you.

Fluffie

You report to the vehicle bay, where your unit is gathering in front of an APC. "My chest armor is too small....still." Nicholas mutters as he came to stand in behind you. That fact was obvious as the boby armor stretched at the seams, threatening to burst. Nicholas actually looked quite ridiculous. "Alright ladies...we're on riot control on 74th Street. Now get into the APC and let's smash some heads." the commanding sergenant barked, and then walked up the ramp into the APC first, ahead of his men.

Terra Australis

"We'll be flying cover over the entire area of operations, just in case someone thinks they can get away with dive bombing the President instead of running him over." the Lieutenant said to the assembled pilots, and there were a few dry chuckles. "Alright, get to your ships everyone."
"Looks like this is our big chance." said Mike Caspian as he joined you in the two-man ****pit of your B-72 Cicada.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 15:59   #55
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Fluffie grins as he looks back to the Russian. "I thought you had ordered a new one? Size XXXL this time? Or is that already this one?" he grins, while getting in the APC. He sits down and Nicholas sits down next to him, muttering his reply. Moments later, the ramps goes up and closes, the APC starts up its engine. It shakes and trembles, but most people in the vehicle are used to it, simply holding on to something to keep sitting. The engine roars as the driver has some fun, before finally moving out.
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 16:16   #56
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

"I did....it's still too small. Perhaps I should just forget about it and order the Gargantuan size." The rest of the ride is silent as each officer thought about the upcoming mission and what to expect. Riot control was often messy work...and given the strong feelings on both sides things could get ugly quickly. Eventually the APC came to a stop, and everyone rushed out onto the street. Interestingly enough, the street was clear...for the moment. "Hmmm...well, we are two hours early." Nicholas observed, and then noticed the diner nearby. "I'm going over there to get a sandwich. Would you like one?"
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 16:20   #57
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie grinned. "Don't eat too much you know, or else you'll never fit in." he replied, looking around, seeing that all other officers were getting into position, or began patrolling. He took a small breath in as Nicholas began walking off towards the dinner. "Hey! Nicholas! Bring me something! I'll wait here for you and then we'll go on a small patrol!" he yelled. The Russian Bear nodded and Fluffie took a few steps, going to lean against a wall. He overviewed the still empty street and waited for Nicho to come back.
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 16:22   #58
Terra Australis

OOC not sure whether the craft is airborne or what?

Anyway i assume it is on the ground after the briefing.

I get the pre flight checklist...and thje co pilot and myself begin doing the respective checks to the craft.......inspecting the outside first, and the weaponary that is installed....

The climibing into the ****pit....i put on the helmet....that had the Hud System, and also the IHADS.....and other related combat systems....and check that all is working.....

The order is given to power up.......
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 16:47   #59
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

Nicholas soon returned, carrying a large paper bag in one hand and a six-pack of soda in the other. "I would have gotten beer, but we're on duty." Nicholas said apologically, handing you one of the sodas. He then opens the bag and takes out several sandwiches, one of which he also hands to you. Nicholas then begins to tackle the remainning food and drink with his typical gusto: that of a starving man.

Terra

ooc/ A Gunship is basically helicopter/fighter/bomber all in one, which slightly different roles depending on the design specs. So yes, your craft is airborne. Your Gunship is a two-man heavy fighter, not exactly the most maneuverable but carrying heavy armor and weapons. Be sure to select two weapons from the following list, picking one from each group.

Same for you Crazyboy. ooc/

Ranged Weapons
Machines guns
Gatling guns
Cannons

Heavy Weapons
Missile Launchers
Rocket Launchers

"Let's get it on." your co-pilot mutters, lifting the gunship off of the landing strip and into the air, to join the rest of the squadron already circling the station, ready to begin patrolling.
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 16:52   #60
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie opens up the soda and takes a sip, before smilingly taking a bite out of the sandwich. He mumbles something like "*munch tastes good! *munch*" before continueing to finish his food. When he is done, Nicholas has already finished the rest of the food he had, looking at Fluffie, grinning. "You never were a fast eater." he grins, before looking over the street. Fluffie smiles widely and throws the trash into a nearby garbage can, before patting Nicholas on the back. "I'll beat you, once." he grins, before moving of to patrol the street, knowing, or at least hoping that Nicholas will follow him.
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 16:54   #61
Terra Australis

O.k
Ranged Weapon
Gattling Gun

Heavy Weapon
Missile Launchers

This is Fox-1 we are currently entering the patrol formation......awaiting further orders for patrol sector!
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 17:41   #62
David91

Quote:
Originally posted by Inspectre
David91

Your sensors pick up a second WAVE approaching yours from behind, and your comm suddenly crackles to life. "Ready to try to hold a crowd of people back..without using weapons, sonny?" Vincent said, continuing the running joke between you as he manevered his TX-42 Kenji beside you.
"Back in my day, we could hold back crowds with just plastic shields and sticks!"
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 17:47   #63
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Fluffie

Nicholas follows you, with is good as the Lieutenant later orders that all officers are to patrol in pairs. For the first half hour, nothing happens, but then a group of people being heading down 74th street, waving signboards that had various slogans, including, "Maul Majestic, SC!!" While the crowd was obviously hostile toward Majestic, they moved down the street fairly peacefully, except for the occasional curse and shove. Fairly peacefully, until a group of Majestic supporters of equal size and determination appeared onto 74th street from 2nd Avenue, cutting in front of the pro-Commonwealth crowd. With a roar of anger, several instigators rushed foward to attack the Majestic crowd with their signs. The Majestic crowd retaliated, and within seconds almost everyone from both crowds had joined in on the rapidly escalating free-for-all occuring in the middle of 74th Street.

Terra

"This is Lieutenant Walton. Our orders are to patrol the skies over 74th Street." came the order over the comm. And several gunships split off to head towards 74th Street. "Looks like that's our cue." Mike says.

David91

"Yup, but crowds didn't riot with cars back then either. I'm sure our boys in the ground can handle any rioters, but if the Chief is right about carbombs..." Vincent trails off, leaving the implied threat of such an attack hanging in the air. "Oh well, this will probably be just another Go-Get 'Em speech, with another couple economic sanctions on Majestic for all their threats. In any case, our place is not to wonder why..." Vincent trailed off as he trottled his WAVE up to speed, and stepped out of the hanger.

Last edited by Inspectre; 16 Jun 2002 at 17:53.
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 17:57   #64
David91

*David's mech speeds up and follows Vincent.*

ooc: Can I be posted in the same place as him?
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 18:24   #65
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie curses and gets out his shotgun. He pumps a shell into the barrel and looks at Nicholas, who is still looking at all the people fighting. Fluffie grins. "Seems the party has started. Call for backup, I'll go try and split them up..." he says, while taking a few steps forward and aiming the shot gun towards the sky. He fires around and yells something nasty, hoping to split them up.
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 19:28   #66
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Quote:
/ooc OOPPSS.....meant 1 o'clock in the afternoon LOL ooc/

Lady Hawk

You head up to the vehicle bay where your WAVE, a TX-42 Kenji is waiting. The Kenji is an aging model, a sad testament to the underfunding of the police department. However, the machine does have several endearing quarks to it, and it has served you well in the past. You are about to climb up the ladder to the WAVE's ****pit when you hear a voice shout, "Hey, Jen!"
A few moments later a young woman runs up to you. It is your friend, Candice Summers. "Hey, make sure you kick some *ss with that Groundpounder of yours....if you don't trip!" Candice was a Gunship pilot, and had no compuctions with joinning in on the rivalry between WAVE and Gunship pilots. "Just thought I'd say hi. I'll talk to you later, after the mission...make sure no "car bomb" runs into you." she snorts as she walks away, heading for her Gunship several dozen meters away.
What the f**......nearly spilling the hot coffee over the ****pit of the WAVE...

Turning she is about to say something rude..

Oh its you Candice and here was me thinking it was somebody interesting....(cheesy grin)

Just becareful in that bird of yours after all you are the worse pilot I have seen the only person i know who can miss a barn door at 50 paces....

Jenn climbs into the ****pit and goes thru the standard checks before turning the beast on....

Again checking her notes and the mission parameters.....

to the duty officer - Officer Gonzaleze on line .....awaiting orders and where i will be stationed....

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE................
Lady Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 20:30   #67
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

David91

/ooc You sure can. ooc/

As you exit the WAVE hanger, the comm crackles to life. "This is Lieutenant Samson. You and Corporal Ortega are to guard the 8th Avenue of approach to the president's office. You are authorized to fire on any vehicle that crosses 73rd Street. Warn them first, but once they reach that street, open fire if they refuse to stop. Good luck David."

Fluffie

The combatants closest to you break away as you fire your gun, wiping at bloody noses and lips with tissues and shirt sleeves. More officers that are in the area move in to break up the fight, either following your example of threatening to use force by firing into the air, or wading into the crowd and physically forcing combatants apart with blows from their shields, batons, or armored fists. Within a couple minutes of the fight's start, it is over. Over that is, except for a few diehards that are still fighting right in front of you, oblivious to anything except their opponent.

Lady Hawk

As you power up and move towards the hanger door, your comm crackles to life. "This is Lieutenant Samson. You are to cover 3rd Street with Private Nick Andrews and Private Melissa Goodheart. Private Andrews has command. Happy hunting Jen."
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 20:36   #68
David91

*David rambles on about things in his day, and reaches the 8th Avenue with Vincent. He stands his WAVE on one lane and turns on his radar. He waits for Vincent to get to his position.*
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 20:37   #69
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie looks at the fighting people and shakes his head. He steps forward and holsters his shotgun again, readying his shield and armoured fist. As he steps forward, he yells at Nicholas. "Come on, let's break these guys up!" Following his own orders, he uses his shield to storm into the group, trying to push the first set of people finds apart, using both his shield, armour and fists.
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 21:35   #70
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

David91

Vicent brings his Kenji to stand beside your Shogun Mk 1, on the other lane of highway. "I wonder if anyone has realized the dangers of letting people out on the streets at all." Vincent says as a small crowd of Commonwealth supporters pass by.

Fluffie

You managed to drive apart the people you swipe at, especially those that get a taste of your shield or fist. Nicholas takes a more premenant and direct approach to stopping the diehards. He siezes two combatants behind the neck with his massive hands, one hand on each neck. He then bangs the two combatants heads together once, and then a second time. The two combatants grow limp, and Nicholas lets both drop to the ground as he turns to face his next two victims. After witnessing the manner with which Nicholas deals with rioters, most of the remainning diehards who were still fighting stop, as they did not wish to have their heads smashed. "Well...we were told to crack a few heads." Nicholas mutters as he walks back up to you, leaving the other officers to finish clearing up the minor riot.
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 21:49   #71
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie grins and looks at Nicholas. He stares for a few seconds and then grins, rather loudly. "I supose you are right." he slowly says, grinning, almost giggling. He however shortly after recovers and makes his way back to the pavement, jerking Nicholas along. "Let's continue the patrol, before the Chief goes about and whine how were unfriendly to the citizens."
Unread 16 Jun 2002, 23:20   #72
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
ooc- Damn was away for the weekend. Missed a bit :/ /ooc

Dave suits up and heads into the hanger. There was sitting his Gunship. Armed with Gatling guns and rockets, the gunship sat there shining, from its polished armour. Dave grabbed his helmet, and hurried over to his craft, where his co-pilot was waiting. Dave jumped in after the normal hellos, and started the take off procedure.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2002, 03:54   #73
Terra Australis

This is Fox-1 heading towards 74th Street now.....
I tell the co pliot Mike Caspian to arm the weapons.....With this the weapons are armed...

Approaching 74th Street i suddenly dive the Gunship towards the crowd of rioters..... passing about 10 metres over Fluffie and Nicholas's head......to make a brief pass and check out the situation.....After checking out the situation i climb back into the sky over the sector of 74th Street.

I then radio Fluffie, need any help down there? That low level pass revealed that things are kind of hectic down there.....let me know if you need any sort of back up.....

I Continue to fly a holding patter over 74th Street, monitoring the situation through the weapons targetting system!
Unread 17 Jun 2002, 05:37   #74
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

SCC Apollo
Mars Orbit
Mars
11:45 am

"Sir, the gunship squadron we sent out is five minutes past its planned report time."
"What!!??" Trevayne said, and then flinched at his failure to control himself on his own bridge. A real captain couldn't afford those mistakes, and Trevayne wondered for the hundredth time if he was really cut out to command a ship, let alone a battle cruiser.
"Yes sir. The squadron you ordered to explore the sensor ghosts on the other side of the planet have failed to report in, and it's been five minutes past their scheduled report-in time."
"I see. Very well then, launch a second squadron, with orders to search for the missing squadron, but to remain in our line of sight so we can monitor their situation." Trevayne ordered, his mind racing at what could possibly destroy or otherwise disable an entire squadron of gunships without a trace. What the devil was going on here?

Fluffie

"Unfriendly? Why I'm shocked by that accusation, my friend. I was just trying to show those two the error of their ways in hating each other, and what they had in common....a meeting of the minds you might say." Nicholas laughs uproarously at his own joke, and continues laughing until a Gunship suddenly swoops down and buzzes your position. "What the ****!!?" Nicholas growls, raising his machines gun to track the Gunship as it regains altitude. Suddenly, your built-in radio comes to life, and you recieve the following transmission: "need any help down there? That low level pass revealed that things are kind of hectic down there.....let me know if you need any sort of back up....."
Nicholas relaxes, and lowers his machine gun. "Ah....air cover. What a wonderful and useful thing to have in an urban area." Nicholas sarcastically mutters, and then smiles. "Come on, comrade. Let's find some more heads to crack."

Crazyboy

/ooc No worries, but you arrived just in time. The sh*t will probably hit the fan either tomorrow or Tuesday, and then you'll have your hands full....trust me. ooc/

"Looks like all systems are a-go, and Command has given us a green light for taken off." your co-pilot informs you, and your B-72 Cicada lifts off the ground a moment later. As you move to join the formation above the landing strip, a slightly smaller gunship buzzes past you....close....very close. "Make you spill any coffee in there?" Ralph chottles, as he gracefully turns his more maneuverable, one-man TF-12 Foxtrot gunship around. Ralph's voice suddenly turned serious however. "Seems we'll be splitting up. If you need me to watch your back, give me a call and I'll come on over, area of operations be d*mned. I don't think any of your wingmates know how to fly, personally." Ralph jokes, his tone changing back to its usual easily amused one. "This is Lieutenant Samson. Flight 3, your orders are to patrol the area between 74th Street and Thompson Street, and 4th Avenue to 8th Avenue."

Terra Australis

"Paul, I'm picking up an odd amount of radio traffic coming from that old highrise on the corner of of 75th Street and 2nd Avenue. Shall we check it out, or send the Worms in?"
Unread 17 Jun 2002, 06:21   #75
Terra Australis

This is Fox-1 Will procede to check out the situation......on 75th and 2nd Avenue......will update you as the situation develops.....will remain concealed though...proceeding to 75th and 2nd now.

As i approach the corner and remain concealed...using the mastmounted sight......switch to Thermal mode to try and see what is going on in the building while keeping the rest of the craft out of the way in automatic hover mode.

I also begin to scan for the radio frequencies......with the help of Mike Caspian as the craft is set into auto hover mode.....one of us watches the thermal sights....and the other one is scanning radio frequencies to try and work out what is going on!

This is Fox-1 In position am hidng behind the nearest building......using the mast mounted sight to scan for radio signals and also using IR vision to look into the building.

Hope you dont get any complaints from them Damn Civil Libertarians over this.....you know how much they make life difficult complaining about such operations as this.

Standing by for further orders...Over and out!
Unread 17 Jun 2002, 11:31   #76
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie grins and the couple continues walking down the pavement, on the look out for any more riot figures.
Unread 17 Jun 2002, 13:37   #77
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Crazyboy

/ooc No worries, but you arrived just in time. The sh*t will probably hit the fan either tomorrow or Tuesday, and then you'll have your hands full....trust me. ooc/

"Looks like all systems are a-go, and Command has given us a green light for taken off." your co-pilot informs you, and your B-72 Cicada lifts off the ground a moment later. As you move to join the formation above the landing strip, a slightly smaller gunship buzzes past you....close....very close. "Make you spill any coffee in there?" Ralph chottles, as he gracefully turns his more maneuverable, one-man TF-12 Foxtrot gunship around. Ralph's voice suddenly turned serious however. "Seems we'll be splitting up. If you need me to watch your back, give me a call and I'll come on over, area of operations be d*mned. I don't think any of your wingmates know how to fly, personally." Ralph jokes, his tone changing back to its usual easily amused one. "This is Lieutenant Samson. Flight 3, your orders are to patrol the area between 74th Street and Thompson Street, and 4th Avenue to 8th Avenue."
[/b]
Dave chukkles to himself.

"Flight 3 rogers orders. The Crazyboy is on Patrol!"

Crazy guns the engines.

"Hey Ralph. Buzz me again and I'll ram some of mah rockets up ya sweet lill ass! I vill have my revenge! Cya later mate"

Crazy heads off on his patrol, looking a bit more serious.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 17 Jun 2002, 15:23   #78
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Terra

You are able to see several figures moving about inside one of the apartment rooms in the old highrise building. They seem to be quite agitated, moving rapidly around the room, and shouting at each other. A few moment later you are able to pick up a radio transmission, but it is clearly in code. "Yes, mother. We are prepared to go to the Grocery and pick up some tomatos."
One of the figures moves to the window, looking around at the outside. Although he doesn't see you, he does see two Powered Infantrymen on patrol. An instant later an assult rifle is in his hand, and he sprays a large volume of fire down at the two infantrymen before ducking back inside.

Fluffie

You are walking along with Nicholas when suddenly you hear a shout, and bullets begin bouncing off the pavement and your armor. You look up in time just to seem someone duck back through a window in an old highrise building.

/ooc Your armor is pretty much invulnerable to 20th century weapons, like that assult rifle. However, if they have modern day weapons as well . . . ooc/

Crazyboy

/ooc Just as Terra is busy supporting Fluffie, you'll be supporting David91. ooc/

As you approach your designated area of operations, you see a two WAVEs standing on a roadway, guarding it. You also see a car several blocks away racing towards their position . . .
Unread 17 Jun 2002, 18:36   #79
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Lady Hawk is infamous around these partsLady Hawk is infamous around these parts
Quote:

Lady Hawk

As you power up and move towards the hanger door, your comm crackles to life. "This is Lieutenant Samson. You are to cover 3rd Street with Private Nick Andrews and Private Melissa Goodheart. Private Andrews has command. Happy hunting Jen."
Jenn puts the thermos of hot coffee in a safevplace and folds up the paper

Roger Control ....3rd street it is.....

switching channels

Private Gonzaleze call sign "HAWK" Reporting for duty Officer Andrews....Am on my way

with that Jenn puts the WAVE in gear and walks out of the bay....on the HUDS she brings up a map of the city and gets the Nav Computer to plot the best and quickest route

Whilst following the Nav Computers route she switches i=on the sensor package and keeps the radio on just in case....

Reaching into the "glove" box she pulls out a CD and producing a small portable CD player with speakers she plays old rock and roll music (not to loud) in the ****pit....

She is still alert looking out for signs of trouble and keeping an eye on the radar.....

Unread 17 Jun 2002, 18:48   #80
David91

"I gotsme a car on my radar, and yup it's coming this way."

*Presses a button and speaks into intercomm.*

"We're sorry but this road is temporarily closed to vehicles. Please turn around your car and make your way to a different route, if you carry on, we have been given authorisation to fire. You may park your vehicle somewhere and carry on however, on foot."
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 00:56   #81
Terra Australis

On seeing the gunmen appear through the window with the assault rifle through the mast mounted sight.....and begin to fire...

This is Fox-1 We have gunfire coming from that building you told me to monitor on 2nd and 75th....and also a radio message that appears to be in code...."Yes, mother. We are prepared to go to the Grocery and pick up some tomatos." That was all the sensors could pick up.

Am proceeding to engage the target now.....

Suddenly as the gunmen appears from the Window......after he has fired his shots off......I pop the Gunship up.....from behind the building to attack the target.......The Wepaons sysytems lock onto the gunmen....I Open the Speaker on the Gunship......"You have 5 seconds to lower your wepaon or we will open fire...."

After this statement i radio Fluffie......"You guys O.K down there.....I got the suspect in my sites, we might need back up to enter the building though....i got this one covered...."

All the while the suspect is held....the other people in the building are being monitored as to what they are up to....
All other sensors report that there are no other external threats present.....
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 10:25   #82
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie turned around and jerked out his shotgun from the holster, immidiatly pumping a shell into the barrel. He looked at the building with the gunner and the gunship hovering in front of it, actually being thankfull it was there. The bullets had bounced of his armour easily, leaving no damage, but it had slightly pissed the officer off. He turned around and began advancing towards the building, keeping his shot gun ready while preparing to storm in. "Nicholas! Go! Let's get these suckers!" he yelled, shortly after that pulling out his radio. "This is unit 8, we have been fired at. We are advancing towards building with gunners and have a gunship near."
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 14:39   #83
Terra Australis

"This is Fox-1 to HQ Ground forces moving into the building.......remaining in position to lay down supressive fire.....if needed...will co ordinate with them the offencive" Over and Out.

Radio communication with the ground units is being established.
"Attention Ground Units.....this is Fox-1 i will use my thermal imaging to help locate the hostile forces for you...so far they are concentrated on one floor...will update if the situation changes....."

Turning to Mike i say "This may be an interesting day after all"
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 15:36   #84
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Crazy moves his gunship behind the car, aiming his guns just infront of it*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 15:52   #85
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts
name: flapjack
job: gunship pilot
bio: no time to build 1 now

weapons:

cannons
rocket launchers

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 17:57   #86
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

SCC Apollo
Mars Orbit
Mars
12:15 pm

"Sir, the second squadron has reported back in. It seems that while they have not found the source of the sensor ghosts, they were able to find the remains of the first squadron."
"I see. Inform Mars Orbital that we will be moving around the planet in order to investigate sensor ghosts that we've been detecting." Trevayne said, his jaw tightening in anger. Those b*stards, whoever they were, had slaughtered a squadron of his best pilots.
"Aye, sir."
Trevayne pressed a button on his command chair, and the voice of the engineering chief came in over the comm. "Yes, sir?"
"Begin powering up the engines...we're going on a little trip."
"Yes sir!"
"Sir . . . I'm getting an odd communication from the planet." said the communications officer.
"What is it?" Trevayne asked, wondering what was going wrong now.
"Well sir, it seems that they've detected an anomaly in the entire Mars sensor grid. Apparently, someone programmed the grid to display a copy of the space around Mars as it was a week ago. The only way anyone noticed was because of a project that involved using the sensor grid to monitor the change in constellations as Mars moved through its orbit."
Trevayne's mind raced with the implications of this, and suddenly pressed the button for the engineering section. "Give me flank speed NOW, Mr. Anderson."
"Yes, sir!"
"Someone sabotaged the sensor grid so they could do something on the other side of the planet, and whatever it is they are determined enough to kill." Trevayne thought aloud. "But let's see how they like a Battle Crusier thrown into the mix!"

Lady Hawk

You follow the two Shoguns to your designated patrol area, and your comm crackles to life. "This is Private Andrews. Take the next street over Jen."

David91

The car swerves away from the street that you and Vincent are covering, and moves to go down one of the next streets. "Hmm..well he's really obeying the law." Vicent jokes. "Well, he's either a terrorist, drunk, or he's trying to cut through this part of the city for a reason." Vicent thought out loud.

Crazyboy

You see the car swerve to avoid going down the street that the two WAVEs are on. It then speeds down the road until it reaches the next street over, and swerves wildly again as it attempts to make the turn at full speed. Somehow the driver manages it, and the car speeds down the street. "Well this is odd." your co-pilot mutters. "I've just checked that car down there out with thermal vision, and it seems there's two people in the car, the driver and someone else lying down in the back seat."

Terra

The gunman does not reappear, however, as you turn back around from facing Mike you suddenly see a man appear on the floor above the floor where the gunmen are. He approaches the window, and you see he is carrying a missile launcher. You hear the warning tone of missile lock, and the man fires, the missile racing towards you. It strikes the nose of your gunship before you can react, detonating, and you are . . .

still alive! However, the display indicator of your frontal armor flashes from dark green to a yellowish-lime, indicating damage to the front section of your gunship. "You have permission to fire only if fired upon, Fox-1." comms Command.

Fluffie

"Understood Squad 8. Go get them." comms in Command, and Nicholas grins. "Let's go!" he charges toward the set of front doors, and slams his shoulder against them. As they're not locked, he barges right into the first floor of the highrise, and right into a hail of gunfire from three men, also equipped with assult rifles. Your friend dives behind a nearby sofa in the lobby area, and returns fire. "Feel free to join in." Nicholas comms you, popping up from behind the sofa to spray machine gun fire at the reception desk, where the three gunmen are hiding.

flapjack

Ok, character is fine.

You head to the vehicle bay after the captain's briefing, only to find that your gunship was still being worked on by technicians. "Just need another half hour or so, and the Chief is aware of it." the tech says, and you are forced to wait until they are done. Now finally in the air with your TF-12 Foxtrot, you recieve your orders from Command. "You are to provide air cover directly over the President's office. You will be our last line of defense against anything that gets through our blockades of the surronding roads."
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 18:03   #87
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie gets in cover behind his shield, while having his shotgun at the ready. He slowly advances forward, crouching behind the shield as he entered the building. He peeked around his shield every now and then, before he guessed that he was in range. Grabbing the shotgun with both hands and letting go of the shield for now, he quickly stood up and began firing, shredding the counter and everything behind it with his powerful shotgun.
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 18:15   #88
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"Well, we'd best check him out. Taken us down"

*Crazy manovered the Gunship over the streets, following after the car. Crazy activates the external speaker things*

"This is the NYPD. Stop your car now!"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 18:35   #89
flapjack
crashed computer

*after a way to long time of waiting flapjack was finally in the air, he quickly retuned his comms to recieve all comminucations, he knew he'd probably be alone there, as he speeds to his target location he hears of the chase going down in downtown and prepares to intercept the car as it will soonly enter his area*

Unread 18 Jun 2002, 18:36   #90
David91

"Eh? Back in my day we did proper U-turns, not these fancy powerslides."
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 18:39   #91
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack sets his gunship right in the street the car is soon to come into*

Unread 18 Jun 2002, 19:00   #92
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

flapjack

/ooc Actually, the car is 5 or 6 city blocks away from the President's office. ooc/

As you move to intercept the car, your comm crackles to life. "Get back into position, Guardian-1! We'll tell you if the situation requires your help."

Below, you can see a very large crowd gathering around the steps of the President's office, waiting for the speech. Most are carrying signs, proclaiming their support for the Commonwealth or Majestic. However, the riot police stationed in front of the steps are holding the crowd back...for now. While observing the crowd you notice an odd-looking man press through the crowd toward a nearby building. He is dressed in a trenchcoat and is carrying what appears to be a suitcase. Odder still is the fact that the building he is moving toward is not a hotel.

Fluffie

One of the men is popping up to fire just as you do. Your first shell takes him in the chest, sending him crashing back into the wall. As he falls your second shot blows a section of the reception desk apart. Your third shot goes through the hole and into the other two men, killing them as well. Nicholas moves foward to give you a big slap on the back, saying, "Remind me never to get on your bad side!" Suddenly you heard a thump, thump, thump, and turn to see a grenade bounching down the steps toward you and Nicholas . . .

Crazyboy

The man continues driving down the street, and accelerates, if that is possible. He suddenly sticks an arm out the window, and waves at you, moving his hand backward as if he wants you to leave.

David91

"Yup. D*mn fool's going to get himself killed. Maybe we'd better stop him before he gets to the 73rd street, and we have to fire." Vicent turns his WAVE around, and then ignites his boosters, rocketing him down the street to try to reach the other street in time to block it off.
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 19:03   #93
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack immediatly sets comms to interdict that of the riot control down below and alerts of the man*

*flapjack then drops his gunship to a very low level and makes a low level pass over the man*

Unread 18 Jun 2002, 19:04   #94
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"GET DOWN!" he yells, before acting. If in reach, Fluffie kicks the grenade away. Wehter he kicked or not, he tries to push Nicholas back while quickly grabbing is shield and putting it between the blast and the two officers.
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 19:21   #95
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

flapjack

The man looks up in astonishment, but reacts quickly, dipping a hand into his trenchcoat to pull out a pistol. He snaps off several shots at you, and one round sprangs off your armor, causing the rear armor indicator in your gunship to go from dark green to just a shade lighter. The man then runs for the building, several riot police trailing after him, but it is unlikely they will be able to catch him in time.

Fluffie

The grenade explodes when it reaches the first step of the stairway, and the explosion pushes you back, hard. It was clearly a modern day grenade, and a heavy duty one at that. Your lucky you had your shield for protection, otherwise . . .
"Let's get the b*stard!" Nicholas growls, and charges up the stairs, spraying upwards with machine gun fire.
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 19:28   #96
David91

"I think I'll stay here, someone else might come, or he might trick us into leaving this street unguarded."

*David walks his WAVE backwards 20 yards.*
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 19:36   #97
Lady Hawk
Invisible Woman

Quote:

Lady Hawk

You follow the two Shoguns to your designated patrol area, and your comm crackles to life. "This is Private Andrews. Take the next street over Jen."

."
Following Pvt Andrews Orders Jenn heads off down the next side street....

she switches the sensors to full and keeps here own eye out on the situation

She has what her father would call "a gut feeleing" and she calmly waits to see what happens next

After taking a sip of hot coffee from the Thermos....

Unread 18 Jun 2002, 19:37   #98
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie reloads his shotgun and storms the stairs, following Nicholas' lead.
Unread 18 Jun 2002, 19:42   #99
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack dives down, putting the gunship in between the man and the nearest route of escape, then pointing his weapons at the man, switches over to the intercom and says: stop now, drop your weapons at once or i will open fire*

Unread 18 Jun 2002, 20:17   #100
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

David91

"Understood." said Vincent as he rounded the corner, moving as quickly as he could to block off the street the car was zooming down before it speed past him.

Lady Hawk

Little seems to be happening on this street at the moment, as a small group of people that seem to be a family walk together toward the President's office to hear his speech. Suddenly, you see a car (not the one Crazyboy and David91 are chasing), zoom down the avenue in front of you, in and out of your line of sight in a few mere seconds.

Fluffie

Looking up the stairs, you see a man get speared by Nicholas's fire, and he drops a grenade onto the floor, instead of hurling it down towards you and Nicholas. A few seconds later the grenade explodes, leaving the two or three other men shooting down at you nothing more than bloody tatters. "Let's go before they send anymore down!" Nicholas roars, bounding up the rest of the steps to reach the second floor, and then hurrying up the three floor stairway.

flapjack

The man looks at your gunship, and his eyes bore through the ****pit's window to burn into your own. A moment later he turns and runs, dodging to the right as the police close in. Looking over his shoulder, the man wildy fires over his shoulder at the nearest police officer, but misses and hits a hapless civilian instead. The man doesn't even have time to cry out as the bullets tear through his chest and neck, killing him almost instantly.