User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 May 2003, 13:07   #1
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
r9.5 race

What will be the race to go ?

seeing as we now start with a complete tech tree!!

will cath be chosen because of their CR??

or will we see massive Terran overflow??

or maybe 60% of the uni is'dumb' enough to go xan

waddya think???

and how will people init???, how many roids should one init too?
Unread 14 May 2003, 13:18   #2
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Xan will do alright, in random galaxies defense is less organised making the low eta even more of an asset.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.

Last edited by Embroglio; 14 May 2003 at 13:51.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 13:44   #3
storeslem
magister

storeslem is an unknown quantity at this point
Cathaars will be very powerful indeed if they go cr/bs only
r2: 21:23:10 BrainDrain of Idealia
r3: 36:5:1 Efreet of Azur
r4: 6:5:12 StoreSlem of Idealia
r5: 19:19:21 BrainDrain of Eudamonia
r6: 22:17:x x of x (cant remember, magister tho)
r7: 22:23:x x of x (dont do drugs kids)
r9: 39:8:3 StoreSlem of Idealia

"Meningen med livet er å gjøre livet verdt å leve"
-Sigurdnw
storeslem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 16:32   #4
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
none of the above
Unread 14 May 2003, 17:30   #5
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Hmm, well if Terran is the majority in the universe, then obviously zik would be a good choice to be, but for me their init sucks n so does the graphics, but thats just my opinion. I will be going xan for quick roiding and id like to have another go at them after doing so ****e with them in rd8
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 18:07   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
to be honest i dont think the xan wil have any speed advantage with full tech trees for each race so more than likely the race that most will choose will be terran for the killing power of the larger ships, however i think as this will be a quick fun round i myself will probably pick zik as its the only race that i have not played yet

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 18:44   #7
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Mil scans from word go says xan would get ****ED.

and WHEN will people stop it with the zik init thing? it's a stupid arguement since init is worked out mainly by class.

(Pegs still fire after pulsars just like cutters do etc).

There are not many same ship class to same ship class battles inter race except with respects to FI and when do you see FI attacking against FI?

(if someone says Xan I'll shoot them, primary anti xan def is beetles anyway so the point is mute.

I don't care if brigs fire last, the only ship this would concern is Syrens... and you should be using buccs anyway, which if someone then says wyverns fire first falls into the second mis conception about the zik init. Zik have more armour and firepower than any other race on a ship by ship comparison so the point evens out.

People just don't think when they talk about zik init being bad.

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 20:47   #8
Aknot
Cybernetic Engineer

Aknot is an unknown quantity at this point
Terran will be the best choice

build chimera pegs and wyverns and noone will attack you (certainly not a zik..)

5chims (20%)
5pegs (40%) (and as many demeters you need)
1wyvern(40%)

I had a fleet like this in the speedround and owned both in defence and attacks.
Aknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 21:10   #9
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
That would be you booted from my ally then. not a single ship to offer for defence??

Unread 14 May 2003, 22:44   #10
black-eyed boy
ND

black-eyed boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MAdnRisKy
That would be you booted from my ally then. not a single ship to offer for defence??
Ditto.

Also ditto about people saying that zik init is bad

Yes, there will be plenty of terrans in r9.5 and some of them will do well. But there will also be ****loads of clever Bs/Cr based caths who will be owning those terrans. (No, your chims arent any good against it - they inflict **** all damage themselves and die as soon as guardians fire).
just why we're really here
black-eyed boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 23:13   #11
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Aknot
Terran will be the best choice

build chimera pegs and wyverns and noone will attack you (certainly not a zik..)

5chims (20%)
5pegs (40%) (and as many demeters you need)
1wyvern(40%)

I had a fleet like this in the speedround and owned both in defence and attacks.
Chims pegs and wyvs vs my Cath Cr/Bs fleet.
GL.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2003, 23:24   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I think a Cath CR fleet (with Beetles or as Symm suggested Spiders) will do well.

1) it will mostly come up against random fire
2) Fewer ziks will build Corsairs as they have a whole tech tree to pick from (corsairs being the #1 enemy of a CR fleet)
3) Alliance defence in the form of anti-Xan FI
4) Guardians :P
5) Tarants will do quite well against Clippers/buccs etc

need i go on?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 00:17   #13
black-eyed boy
ND

Quote:
Originally posted by Ultimate Newbie
5) Tarants will do quite well against Clippers/buccs etc

need i go on?
The main disadvantage I see in cath Bs/Cr fleet is it's vulnerability to De attacks.

"Quite well" = still no way enough to stop / scare off De attacks on you. Actually you'll be able to block max 50% of incoming De. That is if you spend a LOT of your score on tarants.

Another big disadvantage is vulnerability to xans - you think your guardians hurt them a lot but usually they dont hurt enough AND sentinels cause massive losses on your side even if attacker doesnt send a killfleet.

Still, for those who will find themselves in really active gals where defence swapping wont be a problem cath Bs/Cr is awesome. You can usually defend most of attacks on your galmates with your guardians only and your tarants rock against other Bs/Cr caths.

But I feel pity for caths in inactive gals as usually.
Unread 15 May 2003, 00:17   #14
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

A cath CR fleet you say?

Right I'm now going to insult you all so appologies in advance.

HOW THE HECK DO YOU PLAN ON BUILDING MORE THAN ABOUT 5 PODS WITH THE RESOURCES YOU WILL HAVE WHEN YOU PREPARE TO START ROIDING?

I'm sorry I had to shout that but its so blindingly obvious i'm amazed that the collective pool of inteligence I have come to admire from the regulars on this board have not spotted this.

You will be initing roids with your M. This means if you want a fast start you have 1 option sadly. Pegs.

(which is fine, I'll just churn out clippers and laugh at you, yes all 3 of my clippers yes all 3 you heard me, they will EAT YOU ALIVE!!!!!)

oh yes, and about those inactive random filled with free multi farm gals which you'll be relying on for defence for those meager few roids your top heavy pitifully small and not very scary fleet will have scrounged..... yes that's right THAT gal you will be begging to save you, which doesn't log in.

What are you going to do about that?

Cath CR, pfffffffffffffffffffft

a pox on your house!

Unread 15 May 2003, 01:36   #15
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
wether you build 10 astropod or 3 mantis isn't really the point is it?

Biggest problem with using cath CR/BS is normally thats its really difficult to get a significant amount of resources in them, since you start building them so late.

While you may still not like them, you have to agree they will be a better and more viable alternative now that the main obstruction from using them has disappeared?
Unread 15 May 2003, 01:52   #16
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

Quote:
Originally posted by hyfe

Biggest problem with using cath CR/BS is normally thats its really difficult to get a significant amount of resources in them, since you start building them so late.

While you may still not like them, you have to agree they will be a better and more viable alternative now that the main obstruction from using them has disappeared?
the cat pods are horribly expensive in terms of roid guns to cost ratio fyi. the flak is equally expensive, and just a meager few roaches (read every mo fo will go terran) is all it would take to stop you VERY cheaply. PLus the pods ain't the issue really yes, it's the pods plus flak, and the "i won't take losses" cathaar mentality which will mean that just a few lost cr would mean an instant recal on the part of the cat player. Come say tick 100 or so the cat can barely afford enough pods to get the roids for a full cap, never mind a decent proportion of flak for those pods PLUS the neccesasary guardians.

you see now?

(you smug pretencious crazy assed norge)

Unread 15 May 2003, 02:00   #17
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

while you have a major disadvantage to the cr roiding fleet removed, another (disadvantage) is introduced at the same time. In normal rounds, the lack of cr/bs targeting is to your advantage, however with the res/constr finished for everyone, and with just about everyone pushing for the larger ships, cr/bs targeters will be much more prevelant, negating the 'early' cr advantage.
Unread 15 May 2003, 03:50   #18
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm going zik for 9.5 for because:

A. I've been cath, xan, terran

and

B. I really wanna get my hands on a cutter/clipper fleet
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 11:13   #19
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
Cutter/ Clipper only for me
Unread 15 May 2003, 11:24   #20
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

Quote:
Originally posted by -QS-
Cutter/ Clipper only for me
by george I think they're learning!

anyone would think my speed game recommendations were rubbing off on people after Oly's litte demonstration

Unread 15 May 2003, 13:26   #21
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
now that u have convinced 95% of the universe to go zik... what do u suggest to counter them
Unread 15 May 2003, 13:48   #22
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

anyone would think my speed game recommendations were rubbing off on people after Oly's litte demonstration
Well my 3k cutters and 700 clipper 300 buccas got dried up by a tarant/quardian fleet in speedround Blocked totally and 300 guardians killed tons of frigs lost 2,5M of 5,5M then (before milscan that was)
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 € | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 14:02   #23
HRS
TFD forever

HRS is an unknown quantity at this point
and even worse, i lost 100s of cutters defending him:P

anyway, i "hated" the cr/bs fleets in the speedround, especially when they ran from my pirates(only bs i stole were wyverns) think i give it a try in this round

or maybe terran, have to play it some time i guess

<mpr0733> never underestimate the speed of a fryingdutch thread spammer

<Zapman> ja ik wil hrs stalken, natuurlijk, logisch
HRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 16:23   #24
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
now that u have convinced 95% of the universe to go zik... what do u suggest to counter them

(cat cr bs :/ but I wasn't going to say, damn you for spoiling my next cunning plan)

ps is this known as "doing a Nodrog"?

Unread 15 May 2003, 16:48   #25
Mi5
#Manchester

Mi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
if a lot of people go zik it will still be easy to own it, just have to choose what you build carefully.

"If" i play rnd9.5 i would def go zik
Round 3: 129:12:9 [ MiS A TAN of Assimilation ]
Round 4: 2:15:4 [ ArcAngel of Pestilence ]
Round 5: 29:7:6 [ Timmeh of South Park ] - quit for RL
Round 6: 3:10:7 [ =ArchAngel= of =Aesir= ] - Rank 24th quit 03/03/02
Round 7: 28:4:10 [ -Genesis- of -Deism- ] - i lasted a rnd \o/
Round 8: FRESHERS WEEK
Round 9: 21:1:10 [ Jago of Endouken ] - Suicide God
Mi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2003, 22:32   #26
Nat
Damm sexy!!

Nat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

ps is this known as "doing a Nodrog"?

LOL..

Zik's arnt that good.... everyone go Terran, i highly reccomend it
Unread 15 May 2003, 23:07   #27
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

Quote:
Originally posted by Nat
LOL..

Zik's arnt that good.... everyone go Terran, i highly reccomend it
*chuckles

Unread 15 May 2003, 23:16   #28
Mi5
#Manchester

Mi5 is an unknown quantity at this point
yay go go terran ) you will own zik!!!!111
Round 3: 129:12:9 [ MiS A TAN of Assimilation ]
Round 4: 2:15:4 [ ArcAngel of Pestilence ]
Round 5: 29:7:6 [ Timmeh of South Park ] - quit for RL
Round 6: 3:10:7 [ =ArchAngel= of =Aesir= ] - Rank 24th quit 03/03/02
Round 7: 28:4:10 [ -Genesis- of -Deism- ] - i lasted a rnd \o/
Round 8: FRESHERS WEEK
Round 9: 21:1:10 [ Jago of Endouken ] - Suicide God
Mi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 11:12   #29
Aknot
Cybernetic Engineer

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
Chims pegs and wyvs vs my Cath Cr/Bs fleet.
GL.
some pulsecannons or dragons should solve that problem easily, and btw, those chims might hurt you more then you think.
Unread 16 May 2003, 14:19   #30
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Aknot
some pulsecannons or dragons should solve that problem easily, and btw, those chims might hurt you more then you think.
pds

That's why a cahtaar plyer should ahve friends, to defend him and to kill pds for him

BTW the lower pds classes are nicely killed by the widowmaker and quardian
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 € | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 17:25   #31
Sun Pin

Sun Pin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by General Martok
BTW the lower pds classes are nicely killed by the widowmaker and quardian
but the lower pds classes doesnt target your BS/CR....so why you would even consider sending in widowmaker to kill a pds that dont target the ships you are sending?
(and yes, they were discussing cathaar CR/BS)
Sun Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 02:04   #32
Aknot
Cybernetic Engineer

its rubbish... cathar cruiser fleet is the easiest to defend against...some pulse cannons and you are ****ed... so if you want to go for it, build some avengers too.... they are better then their reputation...
Unread 17 May 2003, 16:35   #33
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by storeslem
Cathaars will be very powerful indeed if they go cr/bs only
No spids/beets/roach to deff your allies with ??
Unread 17 May 2003, 16:42   #34
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

Quote:

Yaaayyy, Zik owned speed game \o/

Me and Desse attacked only with fr/de fleet and hardly anything could stop us.

I am xan now and it is truly ****

/me looks forward to play zik in rnd 9.5
Unread 17 May 2003, 23:26   #35
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Ye i played ziks in the speedgame and it was pretty successfull.

The noly thing was that i didnt need much clippers, since 75% of all the players went xan :|
Unread 18 May 2003, 00:36   #36
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
Ye i played ziks in the speedgame and it was pretty successfull.

The noly thing was that i didnt need much clippers, since 75% of all the players went xan :|
True, but since majority of the universe will prolly go terran in rnd 9.5 the clippers will be quite useful
Unread 18 May 2003, 09:44   #37
dlpsycho

dlpsycho is an unknown quantity at this point
Races

You will find that no matter what race you are, you will have to start off building alot of small ships, but also build some big ships, because if you just build big ships to start with, you will be flooded by "numbers", likewise if you only build small ships, you'll be roided by the big Caths and Demeter ships.

Or you could just pour all you resources into reflectors!!!
dlpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 10:18   #38
Lan

Lan is an unknown quantity at this point
my experience from this round with cath cr/bs fleet was that they always got def. the high eta was a huge disadvantage.

i wanna try a fleet with beetels/roch/bw/tulas/pods in r9,5.

a problem there is enemy BS, cause defenders aint very good vs them, (therefor i aint building them)
R5: 31:19:5 ViruS
R6: 1:5:8 ViruS
R7: 25:20:12 Virus Discworld
R8: 50:8:5 Adelante FaNG
R9: 12:8:1 [ToT] []LCH[] officer
Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 10:19   #39
Lan

Lan is an unknown quantity at this point
my experience from this round with cath cr/bs fleet was that they always got def. the high eta was a huge disadvantage.

i wanna try a fleet with beetels/roch/bw/tulas/pods.

a problem there is enemy BS, cause defenders aint very good vs them
R5: 31:19:5 ViruS
R6: 1:5:8 ViruS
R7: 25:20:12 Virus Discworld
R8: 50:8:5 Adelante FaNG
R9: 12:8:1 [ToT] []LCH[] officer
Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 16:32   #40
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
any combo with beetles/tulas is toss.... tulas shoot before beetles, so your tulas will spend their time mainly freezing FI.. quite a waste...
Unread 18 May 2003, 20:23   #41
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
for me it's ziko, I expect quite a few terrans and I like eating terrans(and zikos aren't very popular so less people to share your food with)
Unread 19 May 2003, 07:57   #42
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
by the looks here, it will be impossibel to get def from allies, as u all wanna build fr/de/cr/bs fleets everyone off you.

i will atleast ahve some beetle & roach to def my allies with.

pluss tara mantis and scorps..
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 07:59   #43
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
any combo with beetles/tulas is toss.... tulas shoot before beetles, so your tulas will spend their time mainly freezing FI.. quite a waste...
well taras dont target fi's before T3, so they are left back(most off them atelast)

But who uses beetle in attack??
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 08:28   #44
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

anyone who also attacks with roach and bw.....

Unread 19 May 2003, 10:33   #45
black-eyed boy
ND

Considering there are 72 ticks of protection...

Everyone starts with 24 roids, mines producing 4.5k of each resources and most of the quests completed. This is a set up for a mad initiation race which will last until protection ends.. People will have a lot of roids then, 100-200 or more if they just want to initiate more.

But. Caths that want to attack straight out of protection and want to use their ace Bs/Cr fleet must order ships 24hrs before protection end which is tick 48. + people have to save for a while before ordering ships. Nasty for caths unless they start off attacking with Fr fleet.
16 hrs to build pegs / dems isnt too few time either. My guess is first terran attacks will be with pegs/dems only which will lead to defending them ingal with clippers.
12 hrs for ziks to build a roiding fleet is pretty quickly, but indeed it's xans who will have the advantage of very early roiding, they only need 8 hours to build the roiding fleet and flack.

I know you might think those differences aren't very important, but clever people know the price of 16/8/4 extra ticks in the first 100 ticks or so
Unread 19 May 2003, 10:46   #46
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
Ill go xan just becouse almost all of you will be building anti fr/de/cr/bs defence when i see all of you talking.
atm i havent heared many ppl say that they will go xan.
so if there aint many xans there wont be many pegs or annoying beetle/spid fleets to def against you.
and xans have the advantage that they are eta7. and thats pretty annoying for a random gal becouse not all the ppl will tell their alliances to the galaxy mates.
Unread 19 May 2003, 10:57   #47
isildurx

yep m8

im sorta toying with that idea atm too

its not fun to stop xans right after the stat, seeing as they can grow a pretty decent army fairly quick.

and most ppl will go for DE\CR fleets, making em too slow to def agaisnt xans

and one can fake to :P
Unread 19 May 2003, 12:26   #48
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
so i take it your retracting your "dumb enough to go xan" comment?
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:02   #49
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by aza1
one of the reasons for me going xan would be to show isil its possible to be a "dumb" player and outclass him
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:17   #50
isildurx

Quote:
Originally posted by aza1

weeeell

theoretically speaking xan shud be in somewhat deep **** imo

but IF, people start building mostly DEand CR killers, xans can be effective.

thats a big IF thou, so to an extent i'may' have been wrong P