User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 21 May 2015, 03:44   #101
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Blue's Stat Set Rnd 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
You prolly should also move the T2 from Peg to one of the other Fr so that Ter isnt the defacto anti fi/co race in the uni, just like xan is and honestly I think you should drop the E/R on the Peg to counter the fact that its emp'd at 141% while other races are hit 175%(xan) 155%(zik) It's still a strong counter just make it less of a "I win ship" And actually I think you should swap the targeting on for xan Fr.
Vshh T1 Co Reaper T2 Fi same init. This adds strength to the Fr Team while at the same time making Xan not a strong counter to other xans.
changing the peg targeting makes ter weaker, fr gets t1'd by 11 different ships with emp at 141% it is still a lot

Quote:
Also in line with these changes I would make Reaper init 8 or Dev init 6. Depending if you want Ter stronger or Xan Weaker.
too many other changes would be needed for this to happen, its fine as it is

Quote:
This change to the Fr class gives a need for Ter and Xan into the Fr Teamup one being strong vs Fi other being strong vs Co while both races having to build value into 2 other Fr. Zik Fr still got its problems I think the high init kill ship should be vs BS and steal vs Cr. As you can see I have many issues with these stats but i think they are 5x farther than Booji's Blue_Esper if you want to talk to me about changes let me know there are many different things you can do make these stats a bit better.
xan is strong vs co with phants, it doesn't need to be strong with fr too
Unread 21 May 2015, 03:52   #102
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
What stats are you looking at?
Tulas got 120% eff on ter FR, and 152% on xan FR? I dont think ive witnessed any worse EMP eff than this
i'm sorry you feel the need for EMP to be around the 175%
Unread 21 May 2015, 04:02   #103
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
i'm sorry you feel the need for EMP to be around the 175%
You seriously dont play a lot of cath then.
I dont think you even know how they are working, and what changes the new goverment did to the strengths of the race.
If i want to attack a ter/xan/zik FR planet with my CO ill need to be twice the value of that planet basicly, and i would still be taking loses!

http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=twn9cx35gexk9jg

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2015, 04:42   #104
Blue_Esper

Quote:
I dont think you even know how they are working, and what changes the new goverment did to the strengths of the race.
If i want to attack a ter/xan/zik FR planet with my CO ill need to be twice the value of that planet basicly, and i would still be taking loses!

http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=twn9cx35gexk9jg
perhaps trying to solo a fr planet as cath with co isn't the best option then? maybe try with de or cr?
Unread 21 May 2015, 05:03   #105
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
perhaps trying to solo a fr planet as cath with co isn't the best option then? maybe try with de or cr?
Half the univers is gonna be FR with these stats?
I do remeber you saying that IsildurX stats r60(infamously known as the worst round in recent history) should be mothballed indefinatly?
Are you trying to make stats that are very much alike these?

And even with CR hitting FR heavy alliances will never be a sucsess, as you will never be able to land anything there with cath CR.
With cath DE you dont have any anti FR, so you are fecked what ever you do, unless you intend to focus on only building tulas for def.

These stats are broken in so many diffrent ways, im quite suprised people arnt reconizing this

Unread 21 May 2015, 05:05   #106
Blue_Esper

Quote:
Half the univers is gonna be FR with these stats?
I do remeber you saying that IsildurX stats r60(infamously known as the worst round in recent history) should be mothballed indefinatly?
Are you trying to make stats that are very much alike these?

And even with CR hitting FR heavy alliances will never be a sucsess, as you will never be able to land anything there with cath CR.
With cath DE you dont have any anti FR, so you are fecked what ever you do, unless you intend to focus on only building tulas for def.

These stats are broken in so many diffrent ways, im quite suprised people arnt reconizing this
fr is weak to fi/de/cr/bs i dont see how why EVERYONE is going to go fr after EVERYONE was going to go fi? make up your mind
Unread 21 May 2015, 05:34   #107
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
fr is weak to fi/de/cr/bs i dont see how why EVERYONE is going to go fr after EVERYONE was going to go fi? make up your mind
Well FI has been nerphed with the change of the pegasus, wich was a good change.
FI is still strong, dont get me wrong, but im sure FR forts will be more common.
Now you gotta start fixing all the other "bugs" with them, starting with change T1/T2 for the viper, and seriously consider buffing EMP res to a decent level.

Unread 21 May 2015, 07:06   #108
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

EMP effs are indeed a little on the low side. We definitely don't want a return to r61 levels, but an increase of 5% seems reasonable.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2015, 07:24   #109
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
EMP effs are indeed a little on the low side. We definitely don't want a return to r61 levels, but an increase of 5% seems reasonable.
3 cath in top10, 12 in top50, 22 in top100.
I think it was around 22% caths this round.
Can you argue to why and how cath was overpowered last round based on the rankings alone?

Unread 21 May 2015, 10:33   #110
lince

lince will become famous soon enoughlince will become famous soon enough

Quote:
i dunno about you but tycoons make pretty good attack ships, distributors wont change, they make good def ships and would be very handy on fake attacks
fake attacks with distributor??? you don't even have any FR pods on etd, how can you fake anything with only 1 init 20 CR stealer?
The only thing you can target with distributor is to steal pirates?
unless you expect etd to steal FR pods and other FR.
Oh, wait, etd can't steal FR ! :O
and i don't really see how you want to fake distributor as BS. because faking distributor as DE is simply pointless with these stats.

Last edited by lince; 21 May 2015 at 10:48.
lince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2015, 11:18   #111
Blue_Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lince View Post
fake attacks with distributor??? you don't even have any FR pods on etd, how can you fake anything with only 1 init 20 CR stealer?
The only thing you can target with distributor is to steal pirates?
unless you expect etd to steal FR pods and other FR.
Oh, wait, etd can't steal FR ! :O
and i don't really see how you want to fake distributor as BS. because faking distributor as DE is simply pointless with these stats.
bs pods plus distributor making up the numbers is one way of performing a fake?
Unread 21 May 2015, 11:38   #112
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
bs pods plus distributor making up the numbers is one way of performing a fake?
You mean with the hope of stealing cr? This would be rather risky; any cr defence is likely to fire on fr as well as the bs it is theoretically defending against. If Tulas are sent they fire on both. Same with the Tycoon. If xan cr you will never know If fireblades are there, this only leaves zik. Not somethIng I would gamble on.

If you just mean a normal fake hoping for roids then why use the distributor for it rather than any other option?

P.s. Any idea when the changes you have already said you are making will find their way onto the beta stats set?

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2015, 11:48   #113
Blue_Esper

left appocco a few msgs hasn't got around to it i guess
Unread 21 May 2015, 12:58   #114
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
You mean with the hope of stealing cr?
Why would you want to steal CR? (or indeed the other ETD steal option CO). ETD stealing seems oddly designed to be as useless as possible, with only a T2 stealing into a roiding fleet. The Tycoon could be a moderately effective attack ship, but would suffer from not hitting DE, any fleet made in this way would therefore be significantly inferior to the ETD BS fleet anyway. Unless someone is very lucky in getting a lot, any stealing with dealers or distributors is likely to just fragment an ETD's fleet to little advantage.
The Distributor's function is therefore restricted to making sure ziks don't try hitting you with CR.
Unread 21 May 2015, 13:37   #115
loophole

loophole is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=BloodyButcher;3242961]You seriously dont play a lot of cath then.
If i want to attack a ter/xan/zik FR planet with my CO ill need to be twice the value of that planet basi

What's this new government?
loophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2015, 14:19   #116
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

[quote=loophole;3242975]
Quote:
If i want to attack a ter/xan/zik FR planet with my CO ill need to be twice the value of that planet basi

What's this new government?
Its called Anarchy. It was changed R53. You could change goverment midround

Unread 21 May 2015, 14:24   #117
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Anarchy and government changes apply to everyone so how does it particularly disadvantage cat? I realise that it means everyone can rush heavy hulls, or core, or something else but the cats still rush faster as a result. The overall difference should be very little.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 21 May 2015, 14:28   #118
Blue_Esper

there are significant changes waiting to be made to the stats, so will wait till they've been added before making further comments
Unread 21 May 2015, 14:44   #119
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Anarchy and government changes apply to everyone so how does it particularly disadvantage cat? I realise that it means everyone can rush heavy hulls, or core, or something else but the cats still rush faster as a result. The overall difference should be very little.
The punishment for xans going for corp meant they would never be able to catch up with a cath planet basicly, so cath would eventualy have a advantage over xan

Unread 21 May 2015, 15:17   #120
booji
a bucket

Yes this is a potential disadvantage for those at the very top who have lots of roids and may find they are always rushing to catch up with HCT for most players though it does not make that much difference. There are sections of the tech tree xans can (and I am sure did) ignore such as cov ops and scans, additionally in most stats sets (including this) they don't need heavy hulls. I am not sure this change can really be used to account for changes in cat eff (particularly since government changes are admin driven while stats changes are usually player driven).

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 21 May 2015, 15:40   #121
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Yes this is a potential disadvantage for those at the very top who have lots of roids and may find they are always rushing to catch up with HCT for most players though it does not make that much difference. There are sections of the tech tree xans can (and I am sure did) ignore such as cov ops and scans, additionally in most stats sets (including this) they don't need heavy hulls. I am not sure this change can really be used to account for changes in cat eff (particularly since government changes are admin driven while stats changes are usually player driven).
Im not quite sure how much res points xan got with full population, 150?
I remeber a round where plaguuu didnt have TT4 by like pt800(not entirely sure when), being in top5 by going xan rank whore.
My point being anyway, that cath does good in the start because of the fast research time, and now that you can choose wich goverment to go for the slow researchers, i think cath has become less potent.

Unread 21 May 2015, 16:15   #122
loophole

less potent maybe. But a drop of water in a bottle of liquor makes it less potent. Technicalities.

Cath also has the option to go demo for the first 200 ticks and switch to corp or tot whatever. That has made them MORE potent.

So 1 drop water, 1 drop booze. If cath were 49% it makes them better. If they were 51% it makes them worse.

If a cath did rush CR/BS they would have nothing to research by tick 600 so the change actually benefits them more than anyone imo
Unread 21 May 2015, 17:02   #123
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by loophole View Post
less potent maybe. But a drop of water in a bottle of liquor makes it less potent. Technicalities.

Cath also has the option to go demo for the first 200 ticks and switch to corp or tot whatever. That has made them MORE potent.

So 1 drop water, 1 drop booze. If cath were 49% it makes them better. If they were 51% it makes them worse.

If a cath did rush CR/BS they would have nothing to research by tick 600 so the change actually benefits them more than anyone imo
Well there in is the magic of it all.
If you just cant see why low EMP eff is a death blow to stats wich in encourageing forting, id say its time you go look at some other thread to post in, lacking the ability to look at stats at a larger scale is ruining the game for the rest of us when it makes us end up with crap stats(R60 ie).

Unread 21 May 2015, 17:15   #124
loophole

My comments were on anarchy. When did I say anything about cath emp eff?

Those % in my post were about potency, not cath eff.
Unread 21 May 2015, 17:16   #125
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Far from cancelling out race characteristics i think being able to change governments could well emphasize them.
Sure a xan can now go demo and cancel out his low base research rate, without being stuck with it all round, but he has 133 res points (ignoring labs/pop) while a cat is motoring along on 175, the cat is playing to his strength the xan compensating for his, as a result the cat is making better use of his characteristics.
A cat going demo gets more out of it than anyone else because he has the highest base research points. Before govts could change to go demo and thus get the best out of your high res points was to place all your hopes on an amazing start with an inevitable decline later on, and thus was quite risky, now the risk is gone.
Unread 21 May 2015, 17:24   #126
loophole

BB is more concerned with being right than being correct. So I'm afraid while you are correct Londo, you will inevitably be wrong; As far as BB is concerned.

But good try. I commend you on using logic and all. But it just doesn't hold water in lala land.
Unread 21 May 2015, 17:31   #127
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
Far from cancelling out race characteristics i think being able to change governments could well emphasize them.
Sure a xan can now go demo and cancel out his low base research rate, without being stuck with it all round, but he has 133 res points (ignoring labs/pop) while a cat is motoring along on 175, the cat is playing to his strength the xan compensating for his, as a result the cat is making better use of his characteristics.
A cat going demo gets more out of it than anyone else because he has the highest base research points. Before govts could change to go demo and thus get the best out of your high res points was to place all your hopes on an amazing start with an inevitable decline later on, and thus was quite risky, now the risk is gone.
I disagree, being high ranked early on makes it more costly going into anarchy.

Unread 21 May 2015, 17:45   #128
loophole

And there it is. Londo is wrong. No concession given on a point well made. Just wrong.

Butcher says it's more costly for high ranks to anarchy than low ranks. Discussion over!

Yes, it costs them more resources for 72 ticks if they have more roids. But also true for a Xan or Ter or Zik or ETD. And the following 600-900 ticks they will receive more benefit from that change of government assuming they can hold their roids.

Couple of tips. Acknowledge the good points made by others. Use less blanket statements. Explain your reasoning. Don't just lay down the law as if you had the right to decide what is true based on your own feelings and perspectives.

I will commend you on sticking to your guns though. It takes a big man to take as much criticism as you and not open your eyes and second guess every point they make. Those are the people that get things done in this world. Usually those things are atrocities, but who's concerned about that detail?
Unread 21 May 2015, 17:50   #129
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
I disagree, being high ranked early on makes it more costly going into anarchy.
Eh? You mean, a, you lose relatively more per tick because you have gotten more roids in your charge to the top? or b, being both high t100 and in anarchy you are a doubly tempting target for cov-opers.
Neither of these arguments are compelling.
In the case of a, anyone will tell you that they prefer having more roids rather than less regardless of how efficiently they use them! (note you are only losing in relative terms, in absolute terms you are still gaining).
For b, it is an advantage to have your research done and dusted early and shed your democratic govt for corporatism. The earlier you are the more other people still have their pop on research rather than security thus providing viable targets for cov-oppers, the later you go into into anarchy the more cov-oppers will be focused solely on people in anarchy.
Unread 21 May 2015, 18:01   #130
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

i doubt there is many if any cov opers that actively seek out planets in anarchy. On a side note BB... seriously your nonsense is just boring.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2015, 18:02   #131
loophole

Regardless, I think government has so little to do with stats, that everything posted today has been a waste of time on the topic at hand:STATS.

I'd like to apologize for my part in this.

Now can we hold comments until stats are updated and we have something constructive to talk about?
Unread 21 May 2015, 18:27   #132
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
i doubt there is many if any cov opers that actively seek out planets in anarchy. On a side note BB... seriously your nonsense is just boring.
Thanks for contributing to the discussion.
Blue_Esper claims that the EMP eff used to be as low as 120% towards ter ships 15 rounds back, my claim is that even though it used to be as low back then surely the changes made with goverments, among others, should suggest that the EMP(cat) eff last round was more or less balanced, based on the rankings & race ratio.

Claiming cath is a viable option, how the stats looks atm, is as serious as IsildurX claiming DE was the way to go R60.
Making FR forting with as viable as it is now(covers all with zik/ter/xan), and the fact that xan looks strong all over the board should suggest that lowering the EMP eff is nonsense.

Unread 21 May 2015, 18:27   #133
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
id say its time you go look at some other thread to post in, lacking the ability to look at stats at a larger scale is ruining the game for the rest of us.
This is pretty amazing i must say.
By now you've been wrong so much I thought you were doing it on purpose, trying to frustrate everyone untill nobody makes stats or posts here so finally your set will be used, but you actually believe your own posts dont you?
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2015, 18:29   #134
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Regardless, I think government has so little to do with stats, that everything posted today has been a waste of time on the topic at hand:STATS.

I'd like to apologize for my part in this.

Now can we hold comments until stats are updated and we have something constructive to talk about?
It is apart of the discussion, blue_esper thinks EMP EFF and cat as a race is good atm.
Could you give a reasonable reason for the Brokers being way more potent than all CAT ships?
This is exactly why we shouldnt have stats makers who have some agenda wich is based on making a certain race stronger or weaker, unless we start focusing at making all team ups as viable we will end up with broken stats.

Unread 21 May 2015, 18:30   #135
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
This is pretty amazing i must say.
By now you've been wrong so much I thought you were doing it on purpose, trying to frustrate everyone untill nobody makes stats or posts here so finally your set will be used, but you actually believe your own posts dont you?
This set has been choosen allready.
I said i would like to rerun either R51 or R48 set this round instead of this

Unread 21 May 2015, 18:33   #136
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
They dont need to seek out planets in anarchy, just read the feed which can be dominated by planets going in and out of anarchy, at that time of the round anyway.
As to the non stats nature of the discussion, perhaps that is just as well since Blue Esper implied there were significant changes coming anyway, so stats discussion is liable to become out of date.
Unread 21 May 2015, 18:38   #137
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Ofcourse for a future round, youve been doing this for a while now.
I think ever since R60, maybe even before?
just endlessly repeating the same stuff, hoping to make it true eventually and making sure people wont bother again with making a shipstatset. Like this round 60 nonsense with Isil, its clear from posts over the years he knows his stuff, far better than you for sure, but with your endless forum propaganda i can imagine he wont bother anymore in the future, is this all really worth it just so your set gets picked once?
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2015, 18:46   #138
loophole

Beetle does out init broker. with a fairly good eff(for these stats). So did you have a deeper concern? I mean besides one ETD ship having higher eff than cath, while being prefired BY a cath ship?

I don't see this one ship having a decent eff making these stats horrible. I mean the ONE other etd emp ship has a fairly crap eff. Would you rather BOTH emp ships on etd ship set be low eff so cath can rule?

I think that might lead to forting..........
Unread 21 May 2015, 18:50   #139
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
Ofcourse for a future round, youve been doing this for a while now.
I think ever since R60, maybe even before?
just endlessly repeating the same stuff, hoping to make it true eventually and making sure people wont bother again with making a shipstatset. Like this round 60 nonsense with Isil, its clear from posts over the years he knows his stuff, far better than you for sure, but with your endless forum propaganda i can imagine he wont bother anymore in the future, is this all really worth it just so your set gets picked once?
Hah, IsildurX went into R60 with one goal, to ruin cat.
Im in that belief that you have to work around cat, as most often its a big part of whats the difference between a good and a bad set.

I dont belive i critized last rounds stats at all, and they turned out to be the best in quite some time imho!

Unread 21 May 2015, 18:53   #140
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Beetle does out init broker. with a fairly good eff(for these stats). So did you have a deeper concern? I mean besides one ETD ship having higher eff than cath, while being prefired BY a cath ship?

I don't see this one ship having a decent eff making these stats horrible. I mean the ONE other etd emp ship has a fairly crap eff. Would you rather BOTH emp ships on etd ship set be low eff so cath can rule?

I think that might lead to forting..........
Well i think there is some middle ground here.
Whats the reasoning for giving Broker such excelent EMP eff? Is there some hidden agenda here?
If he said that natural cat eff used to be around 120% on terran, i think it would be natural to have 115% for broker and 125% for Tulas no?

And why are you even bringing beetle init vs broker into the discussion?

Unread 21 May 2015, 18:55   #141
loophole

I can agree, last round had some great stats, but scarab were the worst part of it. IMO a slightly nerfed scarab would have made the set better.
Unread 21 May 2015, 18:59   #142
loophole

because beetle can defend against broker and hits first. So it needs to be slightly lower eff for balance.

There's no reason to doggedly make cath emp higher eff. Or terran armor always higher. Or xan always have lower init and higher attack.

If you get stuck in that mind set then stats can't change to offer a newer experience each round.
Unread 21 May 2015, 19:00   #143
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I can agree, last round had some great stats, but scarab were the worst part of it. IMO a slightly nerfed scarab would have made the set better.
You dont need to directly nerph it, you can indirectly nerphing it by increasing the EMP res of the ships that shouldve been stronger against it.

Unread 21 May 2015, 19:05   #144
loophole

I can agree there is no NEED to nerf scarab if you buff emp resistance accross 5 ships, but why? When you can just change the one ship. buffing those em resistances would have made cath more vulnerable overall to frigs instead of just taking away their one trick pony.
Unread 21 May 2015, 19:12   #145
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I can agree there is no NEED to nerf scarab if you buff emp resistance accross 5 ships, but why? When you can just change the one ship. buffing those em resistances would have made cath more vulnerable overall to frigs instead of just taking away their one trick pony.
3 cath in top10, 12 in top50, 22 in top100.
I think it was around 22% caths this round.

They wernt too strong looking at the rankings, perhaps it couldve been weaker towards a certain roid class, but thats all. You make that roidclass stronger. You dont ruin the balance.

IsilidurX changes from R56 to R60 is a example on what not to do, nerphing efficientcys and totaly changing around the stats by changing one ship from EMP to NORMAL.

Unread 21 May 2015, 19:24   #146
loophole

I mean, it sounds to me like you would like for a Cath to be able to solo any race double their their own value and need monster team ups to get through a cath defense.

I think what you are looking for is reasonable if cath has no teamup options. THEN I would say ok to 170% or 180% eff..... maybe. Again it would depend on the other ships in the set.

Weren't you just complaining about people making stats with an agenda? PRETEND you love any other race and look at the stats. You will see something that you would want changed. When you critique anything you have to take that approach and leave your own desires at the door.

So I challenge you to forget about cath and look at every other race. Then tell me they are all perfectly balanced. Then we can talk about cath being underpowered. EMP is one of the last things you want to look at in the set.

That's my opinion.
Unread 21 May 2015, 19:29   #147
loophole

you have to account for the 5% scanners/covoppers that went cath also. Not to mention the bots, supports, and ship farms.

Adjust for that and cath have a disproportionate representation in the top 100.
Unread 21 May 2015, 19:35   #148
loophole

And what were the top 100 distributions for ter, xan, zik, and etd?
Unread 21 May 2015, 19:54   #149
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
And what were the top 100 distributions for ter, xan, zik, and etd?
Prolly ETD dominated

Unread 21 May 2015, 20:04   #150
loophole

yes, and xan/ter/zik were under represented compared to racial ratio of the universe. ETD had fighters AND De.

Being on the receiving end of De incoming I can say 5 etd coming wouldn't worry me much. 5 cath ? may as well call it uncovered and send my frigs elsewhere. Not saying my situation was the norm, but I imagine most would agree a cath heavy team up got covered less than an etd heavy one.

I really am guessing here though because I didn't dc anything but my own galaxy.