User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 May 2004, 15:52   #1
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
2 problems with XP

1. when i start my pc and it is loading windows xp pro, it sometimes happends, that i can just see the background. no task-list, no icons, nothing just the background.

to make it work again, i have to go to bios and load the standard settings, which is quite annoying.

2. i dld Anti-vir XP, installed it, however when i try to run it, the programmes closes itself automatic. reinstallation wont work either. the weird thing is, when i look at the momentary working proccesses (alt + ctrl + del), it is listed as avserve2.exe.

anyone know what i could do to get rid off those problems?

ps: plz no "nuke your pc" "install win98/linux" answers.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2004, 16:34   #2
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: 2 problems with XP

For 2., try starting in safe-mode (hold F8 (i think) while booting up) and then run it...
Unread 6 May 2004, 16:35   #3
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

avserve2 is the sasser worm i thought;.

which might explain all your problems.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 6 May 2004, 16:48   #4
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
For 2., try starting in safe-mode (hold F8 (i think) while booting up) and then run it...
i tried this, didnt work.

Unread 6 May 2004, 16:49   #5
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
avserve2 is the sasser worm i thought;.

which might explain all your problems.
ooh, that would indeed explain something. however, how can i get rid of it? Anti Vir doesnt work nor does one of the internet virus machines work...

Unread 7 May 2004, 00:09   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ should.
Unread 7 May 2004, 12:25   #7
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
thank you very much. i didnt know that i had around 20 viruses on my HDD :eek:

Unread 7 May 2004, 13:52   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

np.

the stinger thing is only good for new viruses (it covers the last 30 major threats or so)
Unread 7 May 2004, 17:44   #9
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
thank you very much. i didnt know that i had around 20 viruses on my HDD :eek:

next time use a decent firewall and AV prog
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2004, 14:17   #10
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

momentary i have a firewall.

AV still doesnt work (even not in the safe mode)

XP still doesnt work sometimes..