User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Aug 2006, 08:58   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Miami Vice

I just saw Miami Vice and I have to say I went in with low expectation and came out thinking I have never enjoyed a movie more in my life. In a sober state, at least. Godamn it is a beautiful movie too, I love those ****ing digitial cameras I want to buy one and **** it.
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 09:04   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Miami Vice

Does it even remotely come close to the greatness of the tv-series?

I hope so, I really loved those. I'm not sure if they're good nowadays though as I never saw them back since then.
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 09:05   #3
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't know, been about ten years since I seen an episode. I enjoyed the movie for its own sake.
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 09:09   #4
s|k
Caveat Lector

Also I recommend seeing it in the theaters because I doubt your tv, monitor, or laptop will do it justice.
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 09:18   #5
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

I kind of liked the trailer so Im definitly going to watch it.
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 09:52   #6
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

I'll go see it tonight. Will keep my expectations low though, even though I hear a lot of people saying it's great.
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 09:59   #7
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

I had every intention of going to see it at some point and now i definitely will. Cheers S|K
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 11:39   #8
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Thats funny, I kept hearing that it was a shocking let down. This glowing review is good news, as I really wanted to see a white suit-toting, mullet-sporting fellow in action once more!
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 11:40   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I am afraid that I have to completely disagree here. I thought it was absolutely shite.

Now, I've never watched the TV series, so the fact it isnt true to the series didnt bother me an ounce. I also have a very high regard for the director, Heat is one of my favourite films, and I thought Collateral was grade A awesome too.

But I found Miami Vice to be very disturbing. There was no real plot, the whole story seemed to go absolutely nowhere at a turtles pace. It wasnt violent enough, from the trailer I expected a lot more action, and a film that was very fast paced. Instead it was a two hour 15 minute snore fest with one semi-good action scene. And in my opinion, the final gunfight was overly stylised to the point where it was not as effective as it could have been.

All in all, a pretty major disapointment for me. The soundtrack was absolutely ****ing awesome however.
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 16:40   #10
s|k
Caveat Lector

It had a unique narrative style, I could see that offputting to some. I liked it a lot however. More than liked it, really.
Unread 7 Aug 2006, 17:20   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My best mate went to see it and gave me a review which went along the lines of "it was pretty awful". Now this person has very low standards when it comes to films so i shall be avoiding it like the mother ****ing plague.
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 19:58   #12
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest newspaper in norway gave it a 5 out of 6, dunno wtf to do :P
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 22:26   #13
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Stop reading that paper.
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 22:35   #14
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

I expected alot more action, but it was an ok movie.

I especially liked the part where they rescued the hostage in the trailer park.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 23:01   #15
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Jamie Foxx is entirely talentless at everything he seems to put his hand to so I won't be holding out much hope for this film.
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 00:27   #16
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oddly enough i just got back from watching it.

What a complete travesty of 2 goddamn hours of my time wasted.

It was shockingly shit. The dialogue was mumbled and incomprehensible for 99% of the time. The camera looked like the guy working it had parkinsons and the plot was shit to boot.

Plus why did they have a chinese woman as the lead interest. Not being racist here but i was genuinely expecting some kind of triad link or somesuch. She wasnt even pretty.

I wish i hadnt had so much of my life stolen away from me.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 00:30   #17
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh and to add to that :

There were continuity things i saw and im no film buff. For example :

The BMW 6 series is driving down the road before the final fire fight and its fog lights are on. Then in the next shot they are off. Then back on in the next. Then back off.

Attention to detail anyone?
Plus this same BMW seemingly had its paintworked armoured because after 10minutes of being shot the **** out of it didnt even so much as have a scratch and neither did the Dodge Charger thing he drove away in.

I realise theres a back story to crockett to but tbh why in the **** is he driving a ferrari places? At least in Bad boys they gave Will Smith a 'his daddy was rich but he wanted to protect and serve but still drives a kick ass car' storyline too it. It never explains why they drive around in 120 grands worth of car.

It just pissed me off. The whole thing just pissed me off.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 00:41   #18
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

JJ in a "its all about the cars" complete NON SHOCKER
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 00:53   #19
s|k
Caveat Lector

You're ****ing off your rocker JJ. Also when you're pretending to run an international transport operation featuring gulf streams and speed boats, it doesn't take much to understand where the money is coming from. 17% of $60 mil per transport isn't a tiny bit of money. And they aren't actually that rich, I guess you missed that line about 'are you prepared for your fabricated identity to collapse' speech. Also, I thought that girl was hot as ****.

I seriously cannot understand the negativity people feel for this outstanding movie.
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 00:53   #20
JammyJim
Godfather

If im totally honest my thought process was thus :

'Thats a pretty cool looking 6 series...I wonder if its the M6....nah it doesnt look quite right from the front.......however those fog lights are the same colour as the Xenons....i know for a fact they arnt like that as standard which must mean theyve done a modification to match up the light...probably one of those PIAA bulbs that up the intensity of the fogs......what the ****...the fog lights are off...they were on only seconds ago.....AM I GOING CRAZY?...oh thankgod theyve started shooting at eachother. I thought i was going to slit my wrists. Im also glad those stupid girls to the right of me with their shitty 14yr old boyfriends have gone to giggle and look at their phones elsewhere.....where have i put my popcorn..'

or somesuch.

Unread 10 Aug 2006, 00:55   #21
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You're ****ing off your rocker JJ. Also when you're pretending to run an international transport operation featuring gulf streams and speed boats, it doesn't take much to understand where the money is coming from. 17% of $60 mil per transport isn't a tiny bit of money. And they aren't actually that rich, I guess you missed that line about 'are you prepared for your fabricated identity to collapse' speech. Also, I thought that girl was hot as ****.

He was driving a Ferrari F430 before he got into drugs yo.
He was a cop when driving that.

The chinese girl was not hot as ****. She had a nice body. A really nice body but her face wasnt that pretty. (Not because she was asian just because she wasnt pretty).

But you think the film was ace so what do you know eh?!!!!
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 00:57   #22
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
He was driving a Ferrari F430 before he got into drugs yo.
He was a cop when driving that.

The chinese girl was not hot as ****. She had a nice body. A really nice body but her face wasnt that pretty. (Not because she was asian just because she wasnt pretty).

What, the beginning of the movie is not the beginning of their undercover identity. You really couldn't hear the dialouge at all, could you. You know the part where the first informant screamed on the phone 'but I didn't give you up' before he stepped infront of the truck that plowed him over?

And I found the girl exotically hot from head to toe.
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 00:58   #23
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim

How to be patriotic!
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 00:59   #24
Dace
so f*cking zen

By the way i would ask for a spoilers tag to be placed in the topic but i have no intention of seeing this film so it doesn't affect me and i don't care about anybody else.
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 00:59   #25
s|k
Caveat Lector

JJ is the kind of movie watcher that enjoys movies that spell everything out nice and neat for him. Nothing is too obvious.
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 01:07   #26
JammyJim
Godfather

No. The car thing i just took as a 'oh well' but the rest of the movie was crap.

Oddly enough I like movies that dont spell it out so i can go back and piece things together and think 'aha so thats why xxx said xxx'

Its why i enjoy the godfather so much.
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 01:21   #27
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
By the way i would ask for a spoilers tag to be placed in the topic but i have no intention of seeing this film so it doesn't affect me and i don't care about anybody else.
I think that the moment they went "Hey wouldn't it be awesome if we made Miami Vice into a film" was when they spoilt it, dude.
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 11:20   #28
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Re the dialogue. Do you think it would have been a more enjoyable experience with subtitles?

I often watch DVD's with them on, especially action flicks as the soundtrack and background noise can make it difficult to hear what is being said.

However, would this detract from the whole cinematic experience?
Maladoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 16:07   #29
s|k
Caveat Lector

I often watch movies with subtitles, because I trouble hearing what is said, or because I am paying too much intention to what I see. I don't know if it would interfere with Miami Vice. The movie has a realistic feel to it, not a scripted feel. The whole movie is like that, there are no opening credits and the movie title doesn't appear until the end of the movie. It is very fast paced dialouge in some cases, very few dramatic pauses, and if you misss something, there's no figuring out later what was said. I don't think subtitles would hurt it.
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 18:05   #30
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts

what was the soundtrack?
Thefoundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 19:07   #31
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Little known fact.

The roles of Crockett and Tubbs were loosly based on JJ and Dead Meat. I am not sure which one is the black guy though.
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 20:33   #32
JammyJim
Godfather

True story.

p.s. Im not Tubbs.