User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Aug 2005, 22:44   #1
flikman
Idiot

flikman can only hope to improve
PA on mobile - Opera 8

As my requests have been ignored by PA team, I'm hoping someone here can help me.

PA would seem to have some sort of problem with opera 8 - however I've heard others have it working just fine, so I'm stuck.

I can login, but when I answer the anti bot question i get error=cookie:

Are you accessing the game via the correct URL?

I am (of course), and have everything in opera8 mobile switched on - enabled cookies etc.

Any ideas why it wont work?

I'm on a nokia 6670.
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 13:20   #2
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: PA on mobile - Opera 8

"I'm on a nokia 6670"

Perhaps thats the problem. When will people learn that computer games are meant to be played on a computer!

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 13:41   #3
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

So mobile phones dont contain computers?
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 02:49   #4
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus
"I'm on a nokia 6670"

Perhaps thats the problem. When will people learn that computer games are meant to be played on a computer!
i take it your mobile phone has no processor, instead it uses bits of string and old pieces of bubblegum?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 13:49   #5
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by flikman
As my requests have been ignored by PA team, I'm hoping someone here can help me.

PA would seem to have some sort of problem with opera 8 - however I've heard others have it working just fine, so I'm stuck.

I can login, but when I answer the anti bot question i get error=cookie:

Are you accessing the game via the correct URL?

I am (of course), and have everything in opera8 mobile switched on - enabled cookies etc.

Any ideas why it wont work?

I'm on a nokia 6670.
You will have had no response from PAteam due to the fact that we do not support Planetarion access on mobile phones.

If you are able to configure your phone to view the login pic and enter the answer successfully then great, but if not then please do not expect us to fix it for you.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 15:17   #6
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
You will have had no response from PAteam due to the fact that we do not support Planetarion access on mobile phones.

If you are able to configure your phone to view the login pic and enter the answer successfully then great, but if not then please do not expect us to fix it for you.
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 09:16   #7
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
i take it your mobile phone has no processor, instead it uses bits of string and old pieces of bubblegum?
I use my phone to **PHONE** people. Besides, its actually two plastic cups connected with a piece of string.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 09:35   #8
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus
I use my phone to **PHONE** people.
Freak.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 21:39   #9
flikman
Idiot

Like I said Marv, pateam wouldn't help (they pretended they would) so I'm asking here.

Its a shame to see someone from support with

"Your ridiculous little opinion has been noted."

in their signature. What kind of image are you trying to uphold?
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 23:02   #10
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Like I said Marv, pateam wouldn't help (they pretended they would) so I'm asking here.

Its a shame to see someone from support with

Please don't mind the PAteam, they're generally afflicted with a disease of shitness that catches the moment they join the precious 'elite'.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 22:44   #11
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

It’s a shame to see someone from support with

1. If you knew that we didn't support Planetarion on your mobile and were fed up of asking us why did you post in the 'Planetarion Help Desk' Forum? - Surely you know this is the forum we read to answer queries.

2. The sig was there before I was a support & MH peon. Embrace some humor. People’s opinions on matters are never wrong and never right. They are their own. So the little quip in my sig is just a load of tripe! - However I have removed it as you still have a valid point :-)

Once again - Planetarion access is not supported on your mobile. If you manage to make it work then brill big thumbs up for you, feel free to share with others to make a valid contribution to the community. Otherwise please don't wine about it on the Support forum.

Thank you.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.

Last edited by Marv; 9 Sep 2005 at 23:14.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 23:19   #12
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

Lunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of light

I have reviewed the support ticket where you asked for help. I do not feel that the pateam ignored you at all, as you got a response from Appocomaster. As Marv and Appocomaster stated, we do not specifically support mobile phone access, however some users do appear to have been able to achieve it. There are historical reasons for a lack of WAP support surrounding abuse. The latest phones have a greater internet capability however, and it would be great to see if we could get PA access securely worked out on these devices.

Having said this I will try and help. Have you checked that your system time and dates are set correctly? As with a normal pc login, the cookie is dependant upon the time, and needs to be set correctly. It is very simple to have the wrong time and date set, and happens regularly. With a mobile phone however I find it hard to believe this would happen, but perhaps you need to review the cookie options in the browser, or set the time internally. Unfortunately my knowledge of Nokia smart phones is not great, and this may be a problem that you are able to work around. It could be a problem with the way the phone or browser deals with cookies. A comprehensive nokia forum can be found at http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/ and hopefully you might be able to get some advice specific to your phone there.

I apologise upon Marv's behalf for his sig. Whilst it was meant as a jest, I agree that it was perhaps innapropriate, and he has willingly changed it.
Unread 11 Sep 2005, 19:57   #13
bintara

bintara will become famous soon enoughbintara will become famous soon enough

Quote:
1. If you knew that we didn't support Planetarion on your mobile and were fed up of asking us why did you post in the 'Planetarion Help Desk' Forum? - Surely you know this is the forum we read to answer queries.

2. The sig was there before I was a support & MH peon. Embrace some humor. People’s opinions on matters are never wrong and never right. They are their own. So the little quip in my sig is just a load of tripe! - However I have removed it as you still have a valid point :-)

Once again - Planetarion access is not supported on your mobile. If you manage to make it work then brill big thumbs up for you, feel free to share with others to make a valid contribution to the community. Otherwise please don't wine about it on the Support forum.

Thank you.

yes .. using nokia 9500 (all latest 9 series) u can access Planetarion via mobile

please dont be lazy to check all possiblity PA team !!!!
Ex Insomnia
Ex ToF
Ex Subh
VGN
bintara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 13:24   #14
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Thank you.
Might I inquire as to whom you provided with oral sexual favours to get a position in PA Team? Because in terms of Customer Service, you truly do a great job at sucking.
Quote:
First of all, I'm sorry to see that your encounter with PA Team members thusfar seems to have been of no avail, and that they have shown some of their occasional incompetence at dealing with customers. Fortunately some of them are more helpful than others, as Lunar_Lamp has demonstrated, and we can only hope that this sort of attitude is adopted by more members of the team.

I myself also run Opera 8 Mobile edition, albeit on the Smartphone platform, not on a Nokia. I personally have no trouble with logging in at all, so it's hard to tell what exactly is going wrong for you. I would suggest attempting to clear out your cookies and possibly your cache as well, and giving it another go, in addition to Lunar_Lamp's suggestions above.
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 18:47   #15
flikman
Idiot

Ok, lots of confusion..

They said they'd help on IRC, but now i realise you dont support it in any way. (I was told id get an email response but didnt). I've given up trying to get it working and will try and locate some users using the exact same phone as me to fix it.

The image is perfectly viewable etc, just some sort of cookie problem. I'll let you know if i get it working - maybe we can add something to the manual at least, to try and help people.

And finally marv - i wasnt affended but some might be