User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 13 Dec 2006, 09:34   #1
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future
Sandmans

Since it looks like Sandmans is closed I might make a modified version of eXilition arbiter for public. Actually I have been toying with the idea of making a public release of the whole arbiter now that I (personally) don't see eXilition coming back.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 10:15   #2
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice
Re: Sandmans

Go Hude!
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 10:34   #3
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

That'd be cool. As far as I know*, Sandman passed his code on to someone for further hosting and development. I don't think you should let that stop you.

* There was a post about this on his forum before he took the site down.
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 14:42   #4
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

we're not even in a round, yet i miss sandmans already
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 17:09   #5
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone have the CSS? (((

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 17:20   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

how do you play pa without sandmans
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 17:56   #7
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

sandmans was a nice tool.

props go to hude for the initiative!

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 18:42   #8
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
eXilition tools used a copy of the sandmans layout so they probably have the css as well
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 18:57   #9
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
CSS - from webarchive

Index - layout / index
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 20:47   #10
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

In that case, go go go!

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2006, 22:27   #11
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
eXilition tools used a copy of the sandmans layout so they probably have the css as well
Actually its not the same but very close. Anyways, if someone is going to host the Sandmans code I won't bother modifying the arby code. Might still give the code out, however.
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 00:11   #12
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 04:35   #13
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

playing sandmans was more fun than browsing pa
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2007, 08:42   #14
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Anyone know the status of sandman-like site(s) for r20?
Unread 17 Jan 2007, 11:12   #15
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

It's being worked on, should be ready for next round as far as I know.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2007, 18:11   #16
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra
Anyone know the status of sandman-like site(s) for r20?
http://pilkara.com/ <- lamer PA wotsit
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 08:27   #17
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
It's being worked on, should be ready for next round as far as I know.
The eXilition one is currently not being worked on. Could be ready for next round anyway, I tend to get things done when it's almost too late...
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 09:26   #18
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boohoo
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 11:40   #19
Koks

Koks will become famous soon enoughKoks will become famous soon enough

looks like im going to have to be a little less lazy this round
Unread 19 Jan 2007, 14:18   #20
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i refuse to play without sandmans
Unread 25 Jan 2007, 18:53   #21
Igloo

Igloo is on a distinguished road

Right,

Here's my offer.

Someone code either of the two. I'll provide the domain and hosting for them!

No adds. Promise. If someone gets me the code and wants to change it i would love it, But i doupt i can change it myself.

Igloo
Unread 25 Jan 2007, 21:48   #22
death2all

death2all is an unknown quantity at this point

Many offers currently regarding this (mine still stands regarding a mirror if either hude or sandman release their code).
death2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2007, 21:53   #23
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude
Since it looks like Sandmans is closed I might make a modified version of eXilition arbiter for public. Actually I have been toying with the idea of making a public release of the whole arbiter now that I (personally) don't see eXilition coming back.
beh
all lies
eXi is dusting your eyes with "oh, we dont play, so we make our arbiter public source"

all lies i tell you...
mark my words next time they win =P

but seriously now, i had never seen hude's arbi, even when he teched for Omen

other then that, my heartis broken due to absence of sandmans...
someone please help.
i cannot offer either code nor hosting but i will be first to s/u when its up D:
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2007, 01:27   #24
zebra
h3ll's angels

what's the status of this project?
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
Unread 26 Jan 2007, 04:54   #25
Sandman

Sandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to all

If Hude doesn't manage to get his site up and running in time I can put mine back online.

I did try mailing him but no reply yet, I don't really want to go through the hassle of getting hosting, coding R20 changes and setting it up unless this one won't be ready.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2007, 05:31   #26
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If/when something happens, could you let me know and i'll change/add it to the Useful Links thread.

Thankyou kindly Sandman for helping the PA community with your tool(s) for so long, you and your skillz will be missed by many.

Best of luck to whomever wishes to fill those big boots! .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2007, 17:02   #27
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
If Hude doesn't manage to get his site up and running in time I can put mine back online.

I did try mailing him but no reply yet, I don't really want to go through the hassle of getting hosting, coding R20 changes and setting it up unless this one won't be ready.
Hude's slow. I had some feature reqests on eX tools that took him a minimum of 4 rounds to fullfill! -- but when done they were of ace quality (<3 Hude)
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 26 Jan 2007, 19:17   #28
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

As you know lch has the pilkara stuff running.

http://www.lch-hq.org/pilkara/index.php

I know it's not sandmans but looking at NitinA's reply I doubt Hude has it up and running any time soon.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2007, 09:01   #29
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
Hude's slow. I had some feature reqests on eX tools that took him a minimum of 4 rounds to fullfill! -- but when done they were of ace quality (<3 Hude)
Come one, at least I'm pretending I have a life!
Unread 27 Jan 2007, 19:54   #30
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

Pilkara doesn't seem to go into the detail sandmans did. For example, there's no way to sort the ally rankings by anything other than their score. That's a pain when you want to sort by average roids or average score or something odd like that.

Someone release a new site
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2007, 20:28   #31
jerome

sandmans is up again at http://www.sandmans.co.uk/ big thanks to sandman who has consistently been awesome since forever
Unread 27 Jan 2007, 20:35   #32
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

rd's worth playing with sandmans back

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2007, 20:37   #33
jerome

christ knows everything else about the round is an off putter as well